NATION

PASSWORD

By Sabre and Flintlock (1800's, OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

By Sabre and Flintlock (1800's, OOC/Signup)

Postby Kryskov » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:05 pm

The year is 1810. Kingdoms, duchies, and empires span all across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. From the cold fjords of Scandinavia to the edges of the Sahara, all of these factions are still driven by greed. Whether it be money or power, the last centuries have seen grand armies clash on smoky battlefields, leaving nothing but blood and turmoil wherever they went. Some kingdoms have been crushed, while others have turned into great sources of culture and power. So what will it be, my lord? Can you steer your lands into the path or glory? Or will they crumble before your enemies?

As stated above, the year is 1810. In this new world, there is still the same technology, but there is no England, no France, no Napoleon, no Duke of Wellington, etc. This RP will hand you the reigns to a nation that you shall create.

Rules

-No godmodding.
-No flaming, flamebaiting, anything that has to do with fire, etc.
-Respect all decisions made by me.
-Three strikes and you are ejected.

Map

It is really big, so it has to go on an external site. Sorry. Please edit it in MS Paint or a Paint-like program and upload it via tinypic or Imageshack. Please take no more than 40 provinces.

http://tinypic.com/r/a2ywkg/6

Points system

Every nation receives 28 points to start of with.

Army: 0- Your army still uses shortswords, crossbows, and have little body armor. They often flee when facing the enemy. Your most advanced units are light cavalry. 10- Your army is a shining example of discipline and training. They are equipped with the best smoothbores and rifles that money can buy. You can trust your best units with your life.

Navy: 0- You have virtually no ability to wage a naval war. They only guns you have are the 2-3 cannons on the heaviest of merchant ships. 10- Your nation is renowned for its mastery of the waves. You have multiple ships with more than one hundred guns on them.

Infrastructure: 0- Your people still live in stone buildings held together by mud and topped with hay. Your roads are dirt paths with tons of overgrowth in the way. 10- It seems like every citizen gets to live on a nice street in a house of the latest architecture styles. Your cobblestone roads are seemingly perfect and kept clean.

Economy: 0- Your economy is non-existent. You rely on small local markets and your farmers largely produce food for themselves rather than export. You export little goods. You cannot fund any army, infrastructure, or navy increase. 10- It seems as though gold is flowing into the streets. You manage to produce many high-quality goods. A major change to your armed forces may dent your pocket, but they won't send you spiraling into a recession.

Nation Name:
Nation Capital:
Nation Leader:
Government Type:
Population:
Map of Territories (40 provinces max):
RP Sample:

Army: /10
Navy: /10
Infrastructure: /10
Economy: /10

Nation Name: Kingdom of Criskia
Nation Capital: Setourn
Nation Leader: King Phillip IV
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Population: 12,000,000
Map of Territories: http://tinypic.com/r/2nv81w6/6
RP Sample: OP :p

Army: 8/10
Navy: 5/10
Infrastructure: 8/10
Economy: 9/10
Last edited by Kryskov on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Nation Name: Valdebin
Nation Capital: Tholtallister
Nation Leader: George Erving
Government Type: Direct Democracy
Population: 14 million
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tewdcokjcqn3 ... tled.png?m
RP Sample: WW2 RP, you know

Army: 6/30
Navy: 8/30
Infrastructure: 7/30
Economy: 7/30
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vehemia
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vehemia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Nation Name: Norse Tsarsom
Nation Capital: Tonsberg
Nation Leader: Karl VII
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 15,785,000
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): On a phone, but can I reserve Scandinavia and the Baltic States?
RP Sample: You know me

Army: 9/10
Navy: 4/10
Last edited by Vehemia on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The pursuit of peace and progress cannot end in a few years in either victory or defeat. The pursuit of peace and progress, with its trials and its errors, its successes and its setbacks, can never be relaxed and never abandoned."
-Dag Hammarskjöld
- Republic of Canada in Birth of an Era
- Hansa Union in Medival RP
- Riel Battalion The Battle for Spain
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/349788_eng.jpg
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

Founding Member of LAVMEO

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Nation Name:The Republic of Zeinbrad
Nation Capital:Markwood
Nation Leader:President Lolo
Government Type: Republic
Population: 15,899,032
Map of Territories (40 provinces max):France.

Army: 8/30
Navy: 6/30 6
Last edited by Zeinbrad on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Nation Name:The Republic of Zeinbrad
Population: 18,899,032
Map of Territories (40 provinces max):Scotland and the northern tip of Ireland
RP Sample:You know me

Army: /30 8
Navy: /30 6
Infrastructure: /30 7
Economy: /30 7

oh wtf
I'll destroy you

How come you guys have 18 and 19 million? The OP only has 13 and I have 14.
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Nation Name:The Republic of Zeinbrad
Population: 18,899,032
Map of Territories (40 provinces max):Scotland and the northern tip of Ireland
RP Sample:You know me

Army: /30 8
Navy: /30 6
Infrastructure: /30 7
Economy: /30 7

oh wtf
I'll destroy you

How come you guys have 18 and 19 million? The OP only has 13 and I have 14.

You'll just jelly to the fact that i have Bagpipes and you don't.
― Fred Rogers

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:59 pm

But really, there's the who of Europe and you pick the two places bordering me the most? Come on

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Alleniana wrote:But really, there's the who of Europe and you pick the two places bordering me the most? Come on

Really, That's what your complaining about? The fact that you have a neighbor.
― Fred Rogers

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 pm

My plan was to invade Scotland & Ireland then establish some foothold in Brittany & Normandy

But it's a bit annoying, since I have to always watch my back. You can barely get to anyone except for me, so the moment you are bored, you might just declare war.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Alleniana wrote:My plan was to invade Scotland & Ireland then establish some foothold in Brittany & Normandy

But it's a bit annoying, since I have to always watch my back. You can barely get to anyone except for me, so the moment you are bored, you might just declare war.

Hmm, i guess i can be France instead.
― Fred Rogers

Vainakh
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vainakh » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Nation Name: Hapsburg Principality of Hrvatske, Hercegovina i Srbja
Nation Capital: Zagreb
Nation Leader: King Zimovir
Population: ~8,000,000
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): http://i.imgur.com/vBWbEnY.jpg
RP Sample: In another RP with you

Army: 10/30
The Hapsburg Principality has long been the location of clashes between the Muslim East and Christian West. Centuries of war has bred a nation of proud soldiers and an unparalleled sense of military duty and grandeur. Ever prepared, the nation's elite army is considered to be one of the most important facets of the nation as a whole, and as such is well-equipped. Proven military academies teach proper doctrine and tactics to a bright and promising officer corps.
The Navy is almost as treasured as the Army is. An emphasis is placed on elite crews and superior ships rather than mere quantity of naval ships. The navy has less of a history and therefore somewhat less prestige than the Army, but it is still in fine shape.
Infrastructure: 5/30
The Hapsburg Principality is formed of different ethnic groups, and is a conglomeration of at least two very different systems of government infrastructure built over centuries of Ottoman or Austrian rule. While functional, difficulties do arise which keep it from being as efficient as many other nations.
Economy: 5/30
Most of the Principality is agricultural. Being the battleground of historical campaigns throughout centuries, there was never any chance for the construction of the proper infrastructure that would make the nation an economic power. That being said, the system sustains itself well enough, and the people are accustomed to modest lifestyles. While the nobility do have some extra perks over the common people, it is rather subtle in comparison to some other nations. The exception to this are proven generals, who are well rewarded for military successes with golden medals and other such finery. Due to the militaristic pride in all citizens, this instills no jealousy among the common people, who recognize that only those with the most merit and skill are with such rewards- while some richer families do attempt to use their wealth and social standing to bribe certain officers into higher positions, those without the qualifications are always shortly found and expelled with great dishonor and shame. Most of the nobility recognize that supporting an officer without merit could easily ruin them, and as such this is a very rare occurrence.
Last edited by Vainakh on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Solmakia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Solmakia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Nation Name: Solmakia
Nation Capital:Aikalamos
Nation Leader: Emperor Evremonde XVI
Population: 15 million
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): Let me edit for this
RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=221422&start=50
I don't enter for a few pages...

Army: 11/30 Famed throughout history, Solmakia's Army is a feared fighting machine.
Each legion is supported and led by a noble man, and in war, are very devastating.
The Government spends nearly 45% of what little cash it has to fund the Imperial Army, which consists of 50 legions, under the direct command of the king.
The total is 150 legions, totaling nearly 600,000 men.
The Infantry uses the most up to date, modern weaponry, and the cavalry corps are highly disciplined. Solmakia has never lost a war.
However, talented soldiers will never rise to the top, due to Solmakia's rigid Feudal system.
Navy: 3/30
Solmakia, being land locked, has no need for much of a navy. It has a navy, albeit a small, under supplied navy comprised mostly of simple gunships and frigates, with privateers often raiding peasant shipping. However, the nobles flount massive men of war.
Infrastructure: 3/30 While the Nobility live in massive palaces, there are few public works and no sewage. The Peasants live in stone huts where they pay taxes on windows, and are limited to a single door. The roads are not kept in good maintenance and robbers ofter waylay undefended passengers. The overall living standard, and building standards are amazingly low, and appalling. However, it receives a 3 because the Nobles live in massive palaces, and have massive fortresses.
Economy: 3(11)/30 The Peasants pay the majority of taxes, but seeing as most peasants live in destitute poverty, and already taxed by their local nobles, the state receives little cash. However, the noble's estates often produce large amounts of cash crops using serf labor. There are many factories, owned by nobles, and the production of arms is not a problem. In reality, were the industry nationalized and put into the hands of the people, the number would realistically be near a 11, but waste of the nobility and the suffering of peasants keeps it at a meager 3. (I said 11, because the potential is 11, but as far as we are concerned, it's a 3 until further developments)
Last edited by Solmakia on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Economics Student at UC Berkeley
Asian American, Russophile
Democrat, #Hillary2016, Pro-Israel

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Solmakia wrote:Nation Name: Solmakia
Nation Capital:Aikalamos
Nation Leader: Emperor Evremonde XVI
Population: 20 million
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): Let me edit for this
RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=221422&start=50
I don't enter for a few pages...

Army: 10/30 Famed throughout history, Solmakia's Army is a feared fighting machine.
Each legion is supported and led by a noble man, and in war, are very devastating.
The Government spends nearly 45% of what little cash it has to fund the Imperial Army, which consists of 50 legions, under the direct command of the king.
The total is 150 legions, totaling nearly 600,000 men.
The Infantry uses the most up to date, modern weaponry, and the cavalry corps are highly disciplined. Solmakia has never lost a war.
However, talented soldiers will never rise to the top, due to Solmakia's rigid Feudal system.
Navy: 9/30
Same as the Army, Solmakia's navy, too is feared. Consisting of 120 Men of War, the Navy has Well trained officers, and hundreds of cannons per ship. Crews are well trained, and well supplied, and are all trained for ship to ship close quarters combat. Pirates have long learned not to mess with Solmaki shipping.
Infrastructure: 3/30 While the Nobility live in massive palaces, there are few public works and no sewage. The Peasants live in stone huts where they pay taxes on windows, and are limited to a single door. The roads are not kept in good maintenance and robbers ofter waylay undefended passengers. The overall living standard, and building standards are amazingly low, and appalling. However, it receives a 3 because the Nobles live in massive palaces, and have massive fortresses.
Economy: 3(6)/30 The Peasants pay the majority of taxes, but seeing as most peasants live in destitute poverty, and already taxed by their local nobles, the state receives little cash. However, the noble's estates often produce large amounts of cash crops using serf labor. There are many factories, owned by nobles, and the production of arms is not a problem. In reality, were the industry nationalized and put into the hands of the people, the number would realistically be near a 6, but waste of the nobility and the suffering of peasants keeps it at a meager 3. (I said 6, because the potential is 6, but as far as we are concerned, it's a 3 until further developments)

Sounds ripe for a revolution...

Solmakia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solmakia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Let me make a few edits. I want a land locked nation.

EDIT: DONE
I an't post my edited photo, so can I please just have a chunk of land in between Germany and Austria-Hungary? And parts of Northern Italy?
Last edited by Solmakia on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Solmakia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solmakia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

I meant like the inner lands of both nations, so that I border france and the baltic states and italy

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Solmakia wrote:I meant like the inner lands of both nations, so that I border france and the baltic states and italy

That's a massive amount of land

Solmakia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solmakia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Solmakia wrote:I meant like the inner lands of both nations, so that I border france and the baltic states and italy

That's a massive amount of land

I'm not covering the entire border of france. Just sotuerhn half of the french border, then just above Italy and stopping at the baltics.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am

Wow. Did not expect this much of a turn out. Thanks.

Anyways, I'll get to the apps in the morning (7-8 ish hours after this post).

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:58 am

Solmakia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:That's a massive amount of land

I'm not covering the entire border of france. Just sotuerhn half of the french border, then just above Italy and stopping at the baltics.

That's still much larger than anyone else's claims.

Solmakia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solmakia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am

It's less than 40 provinces.
Look, when my computer stops being a bitch, I'll show you. It's actually not that big.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

Hey guys, seems like I forgot to make the change to the application when I changed my own app. Numbers should be out of 10, not 30. Please, if you put a number greater than 10 in a category, knock it down to 10 or below. Thanks.

I will be posting application replies soon.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 am

Alleniana wrote:Nation Name: Valdebin
Nation Capital: Tholtallister
Nation Leader: George Erving
Government Type: Direct Democracy
Population: 14 million
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tewdcokjcqn3 ... tled.png?m
RP Sample: WW2 RP, you know

Army: 6/30

Accepted, good app.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 am

Vehemia wrote:Nation Name: Norse Tsarsom
Nation Capital: Tonsberg
Nation Leader: Karl VII
Population: 18,785,000
Map of Territories (40 provinces max): On a phone, but can I reserve Scandinavia and the Baltic States?
RP Sample: You know me

Army: 9/10
Navy: 4/10

I'm a bit concerned with the population (I pretty much want everyone to be near-even) would you mind lowering it to 17 million?

And don't worry, Alleniana, their navies are not to the level of transporting large amounts of men across a large sea. I figure that would take at least a 7.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse