NATION

PASSWORD

Stalingrad: Not One Step Back (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Stalingrad: Not One Step Back (IC)

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Commissar Yemelyanev stood on the shore of the Volga, glancing up the bank towards the outter edge of the city of Stalingrad. He was pacing about the dock, crowded between wounded men, soldiers arriving from across the river, and shouting orders every so often. "First man takes a rifle, the second takes the ammunition, when the first falls, the second takes the rifle!" he shouted through cupped hands over the sounds of the dock. One could hear the Stukas flying overhead, but Mikhail payed them no mind.

They were just making their first pushes into the city once again after having been forced across the Volga a week earlier, and many were eager to join the fight. He himself held his PPSH-41 firmly.

The new wave of men moved up through the trenches, up the hill and to the front lines. He followed behind them, another sharply-uniformed Commissar taking up his post at the docks, as was the rotation. He was the last of the new wave, to make sure that no one turned around and ran from the fight. The sound was deafening, machine gun fire and artillery landing all around.

One soldier in front of him turned, but was startled to find the Commissar standing behind him.

Mikhail struck him across the cheek. "Get up and fight, coward! Not one step back!" the Commissar shouted. The Russian hopped to his feet and pressed on through the trenches.

The machine gun nests were inside the bombed-out buildings that were once factories, high in third story windows. Many Red Army men were taking cover in ruins or holes created by the relentless bombing of the city before the initial attack, and the Commissar joined these men. The Germans weren't out in the open, they hid up in their machine gun nests for now.

"Where are the rest of our men?!" Mikhail shouted to a nearby soldier, who appeared to be taking charge of a squad of his own.

"We don't know Commissar, they are surely coming!" the man replied.

"When the next wave arrives, we must push forward! We're being cut down too quickly by hiding!" Mikhail shouted in reply. It was true, the Russians were being killed every so often by a well place bullet, and if they didn't move with reinforcements soon they would get worn down by attrition.

The Commissar ducked as a bullet flew over his head just barely.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Bang! Irena rifle went.The bullet smoke coming from her mosin-nagant,she smiled as she saw the German Machine gunner go down. "Nice shoot" Her spotter said. Irena cycled threw her rifles bolt letting the round drop to the floor as another took it place. "I need a new target" Irena said. The spotter took out his binoculars then spoke "There is a coward running away from the battlefield toward your left, end his life" He said. Irena turned her rifle to the left and spotted the conscript running toward the river "Coward and a fool" She said as she pulled the trigger. The conscript dropped dead with his hands in the air. "Nice shot" Her spotter said.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Vladmir:

Vladmir ran through the trenches, his heart pumped hard, the adrenaline in him rushed through him, his temples beat hard, and he trembled over his own feet. "KEEP YOUR HEADS DOWN!" He shouted at the soldiers making his way next to his commissar. "We can't sit here!" He shouted over the the explosions and the loud bangs of guns. "We have to find a weak spot! I think we should keep on moving to the left!"
Being NJ since '96

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 pm

"We're awaiting our second wave, stand and fight until they arrive!" Mikhail shouted, standing and firing off a few rounds of the sub machine gun in his hands. One of the machine gunners fell suddenly. The second wave had just gotten across the river at that point. The Commissar stood, waving his hand as he did so.

"The enemy is weakened, charge now!" Mikhail commanded, as a Russian soldier waving the flag stood, charging forward. The Commissar hoined him, and many other soldiers poured out of the trenches towards the building that the machine gunners had set up in.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Vladmir took a deep breath. "For the Soviet Union!" He shouted charging over his trench and towards the building. A few men fell beside him, Vladmir stopped and fired a few rounds at the enemy before charging again. He ran along with the men tailing some of the men in front of him. He kept on charging, he let out a huge war cry as he charged that could've probably been heard from miles around if everyone else wasn't screaming, shooting, and getting blown up.
Being NJ since '96

Wetkistan
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wetkistan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm

While the German MGs rained lead down on the Russians, Sebastian Schnieder was reading a book. And it was a very good one, too. He looked up as one of the MG42s fell silent; this would undoubtedly lead to those damn Russians launching a counterattack. Replacing the scrap of cloth he had been using as a bookmark, he stood up, stretched, and grabbed his rifle. Bracing it against the window, he peered through the scope at the mass of men that was running towards the building the Wermacht currently occupied. He zeroed in on the Russian conscript carrying the flag...
BANG
Sebastoan worked the bolt, and a smoking cartridge fell to the ground as the Red soldier's head became a cloud of pink mist. He began scanning the mob for other targets.
The Mongols are always the exception.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

The Commissar stopped as the flag carrying soldier beside him dropped. He bent, picking up the flag and keeping his weapon in his right hand. "To the doors!" Mikhail shouted. German soldiers had opened up the doors and began firing towards the charging mob of Russians. The Commissar fired the rapid weapon, cutting down one of the fascists. The other was killed when more Russians swarmed toward him.

Mikhail entered, leaving the flag planted outside. The bombed-out building had dmall fires burning within, and Germans were waiting inside, blocking the way to the staircase. He took cover behind a pile of rubble, firing blindly towards the enemy down the hall.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Burlin:

Burlin shot from his main weapon. He was next to Sebastian firing down at the soldiers. "Their dead bodies will be good for one of my paintings!" He shouted above the gunfire towards Sebastian. He continued to fire at the commies. He hoped they would all die, he didn't want to lose... He didn't want to die.
Being NJ since '96

Wetkistan
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wetkistan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Lewina wrote:Burlin:

Burlin shot from his main weapon. He was next to Sebastian firing down at the soldiers. "Their dead bodies will be good for one of my paintings!" He shouted above the gunfire towards Sebastian. He continued to fire at the commies. He hoped they would all die, he didn't want to lose... He didn't want to die.

Sebastian sighed.
"Ja, Herr Koch."
Sebastian could not stand Burlin: the man was an ignorant, insipid cow. Most of the time he simply ignored his squadmate.
The Mongols are always the exception.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Arkhip sat in the broken house of a once great Russian city that the fascists had took upon themselves to viciously destory. He slowly began to unscrew the cap on his canteen and began to sip on the little water that had yet to become solid. He continued to mess with the bolt on his rifle, so when the time came to finally fire it at one of the rapists that have come to his motherland it didn't refuse to fire, or explode in his face. He had yet to fire a shot in this battle, and he was glad of it, he didn't want to shoot a civilian, or even a comrade. But if ordered, he must, or face the punishment of cowardice. He leaned over looking out the window on the door, he saw streets, cars bodies, littering the streets. He had never seen such a destroyed city, and whoever did it, was going to have to pay.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Mikhail peeked out from behind his cover, raising his weapon and spraying down the hall with the distinct sound the PPSH-41 produced. One of The Germans down the hall fell, and the Commissar returned to cover to jam another drum into his weapon.

Al-Harbiyyah
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harbiyyah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Senior Lieutenant Murad A. Alkhanov
Over the Volga River, 1942

It hasn't been 5 days since he's arrived from the Transcaucasus and now he's on a boat packed with fresh conscripts from various parts of the Soviet Union, all are young and inexperience as all of them talking to each other as a mean to comfort each other and raised a bit of whatever morale they have as artillery shells rumbles in the distance which shook some of them while others keep their heads down in case a German fighter plane strafing the boat.

"Tovarishch Leytnant, I'm scared..." Said a young conscript with the rank of Efreitor (Corporal) by the name of Aleksandr said to him. If Aleksandr spoke that with a Commissar, he would have been executed on sight.

"Be brave tovarishch, just keep your head down and don't panic." Murad told the young Efreitor when suddenly he heard the sound of a plane incoming.

One of the soldiers on the boat spotted a Ju 87 or the Stuka popularly named amongst the Red Army coming down for an attack, he shouts, "BEREGISʹ ! INCOMING STUKA!! TAKE COVER!!"

As he warns the rest of the boats occupant, the Stuka opens fire at the boat. Murad could here metal pierced flesh and men screams in agony while some falls into the river to get away from the attacking German plane.

Murad then turns to the young Efreitor he talked with and found him dead, with a large bullet hole in his stomach. Murad immediately mutters his prayer to God as the boat continues to arrive at the bank of the Volga River. As the boat touches the river bank, the surviving men immediately dismounted from the boat and headed to grab either a rifle or an ammo.

"Chert ! I need to find the Commissar." Murad said as he pulled out his personal TT-33 Pistol he kept with as artillery shells exploded around him. He need to move forward and report himself with any remaining command in Stalingrad.
Last edited by Al-Harbiyyah on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Muslim, I am...A Terrorists, I am Not and I'm also Pro-Palestine

Strike Witches Fanfiction Read it if you guys had time (Only for those who know the Anime Strike Witches though)

""The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a Million...is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (Red Alert 1)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:48 am

One of the men around the Senior Lieutenant heard him dpeaking of the Commissar. "He has joined the men up the hill!" the soldier said, nodding up the trenches.

Meanwhile, the final German at the stairs fell. "Up the stairs!" Mikhail shouted, leading his men up the stairs. The machine gunning Germans all turned as he and his men entered, and didnt have time to properly fire before they were mowed down by the Russians' rapid fire weapons.

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 am

Click...
Gotta check my breathing…
Click...
Roughly eight hundred meters out…
Shtick...
Right there. Belly down on the roof of a nearby apartment building's third floor, I slowly take aim at a row of German machine gunners, hoping that the canvas rag I've lightly placed over the barrel will stop muzzleflash from becoming a problem. The idea, wind permitting, is that I'll simply raise my barrel ever so slightly and mow down the entire line.
Or at least, that's the idea.
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang…

Well, that worked. Five shots, five headshots, five kills.
Click…
Now to do it all over again.
Click-Shtick
Eldar. Not Dark Eldar. Eldar.
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Nua Corda wrote:Read the rest of the quote by clicking the 'wrote' button.

Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:58 am

The soldiers spread out over the top floor of what used to be the German machine gun position. The Commissar stepped over the bodies of the fascists, frowning and spitting on them as his boots kicked their corpses from his path. He glanced back out the window in the direction they'd come from.

"I want men to take these MG-42s with them when we continue our push. Get a short rest from now comrades, the fight is not over." Mikhail announced, turning back to his men. They had begun gathering around a small fire the Germans had started, no lowly infantryman daring to go near the Commissar as he stood by his own fire.

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 am

"If they'd stop pushing…" I mutter, disappointed in the shoulders. They're about to walk right into a killzone. But how to tell them, how to communicate… aha! Picking up a rock I raise myself to a low crouch, wind up and swing it at the Commissar.
Going going going… direct hit!
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Al-Harbiyyah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harbiyyah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:12 am

Hearing that the Commissar is in combat with the rest of the soldiers on the front. Murad thanked the unknown soldier who inform him and began moving forward passed the dead bodies of countless Red Army soldiers and occasional German soldiers with Artillery still hitting the area around him.

Murad later found a large group of soldiers gathering around the the fire and spot another man standing near its own made campfire, recognizing the outfit which indicates that the man is indeed a Commissar, he immediately walked to him and saluted.

"Its good to finally meeting you tovarishch Commissar. Starshiy Leytnant Murad Alkhanov reporting in." He introduces himself to the Commissar while giving him salute for the second time.

Murad then produces a document and give it to the Commissar while saying, "Army Command has sent me to attached with you as a second in command until we recaptured Stalingrad."

Strike Witches Fanfiction Read it if you guys had time (Only for those who know the Anime Strike Witches though)

""The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a Million...is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (Red Alert 1)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 am

"It is good to have you here comrade." the Commissar replied, handing back the document. "As you can see we've just captured these machine guns, we're only just beginning to make our push back into the city, we cannot allow them to reach the Volga again." Mikhail explained briefly.

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:21 am

((OOC: Lancearc, your Commissar was hit in the chest/shoulder by a fist-sized rock. I think that deserves some kind of response, no?))
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:36 am

As soon as they reached the outskirts of the battlefield, Nikolai quickly ordered his division to followed him closely, silently, and armed. They moved slowly and slowly until they saw the Commissar and approached him:

"Good day, Commissar. Always a nice day to meet with you. My name is Nikolai Rusaclov, and the direct order from the superiors is to establish a supply stronghold so that the Red Army can resupply themselves after, before, or during the battle. Requesting permission to establish a supply camp. My men had already brought the materials."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:39 am

As soon as he was finished speaking to the man that had presented himself as his second-in-command until Stalingrad was recaptured, a moderately sized rock struck him in the chest. It didn't do damage or anything, but it was quite obvious that the Commissar was not pleased with this. He knelt, picking up the rock and examining it before turning to a group of his soldiers. "Either a German or a coward, find whoever did it." he ordered without hesitation. Attempting to assault your Commissar wasn't exactly smiled upon by the strict order of conduct of the Red Army. The soldiers did not hesitate to pick up their weapons and move out of the building, towards the area the rock had come from.

The Commissar turned away from the fire to the newcomer. "The Germans are bombing everything that comes across the Volga. I care not for supplies, but need soldiers to get across that river. But very well. Know that most of your supplies will end up at the bottom, like all the rest, though."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 am

Lancearc wrote:As soon as he was finished speaking to the man that had presented himself as his second-in-command until Stalingrad was recaptured, a moderately sized rock struck him in the chest. It didn't do damage or anything, but it was quite obvious that the Commissar was not pleased with this. He knelt, picking up the rock and examining it before turning to a group of his soldiers. "Either a German or a coward, find whoever did it." he ordered without hesitation. Attempting to assault your Commissar wasn't exactly smiled upon by the strict order of conduct of the Red Army. The soldiers did not hesitate to pick up their weapons and move out of the building, towards the area the rock had come from.

The Commissar turned away from the fire to the newcomer. "The Germans are bombing everything that comes across the Volga. I care not for supplies, but need soldiers to get across that river. But very well. Know that most of your supplies will end up at the bottom, like all the rest, though."

The men quickly construct a small supply camp, with Nikolai alongside his second-in-command, Natasha Zaystev, observe the construction.

"So, comrade Nikolai, your first impression of the Commissar?" ask Natasha as they began to moved away from the sights of the Commissar.

"My impression? Stupid, a man with high idiotic levels, and a man who only cares about the soldiers. The superiors aren't happy with this situations. However, he is the only Commissar they have left." said Nikolai in a quiet tones.

"I though he is a good and patriotic one."

"You have such a good sights, I know that. But the line between stupidity and bravery is very thin. Now, Comrade Natasha, let's help our men."

"Yes Sir."

The construction began, while 10 of his men, armed with Mosin Nagant, go to help the soldiers in the battle.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:51 am

Ah.
Well, that kinda worked.
Shit.
Time to go.
Quickly running down the stairs I exit the building, looking left and right before taking off down an alleyway, my body basically flying over the snow, stone and ice that make up the streets of Stalingrad at this time of year.
"Crappity crappity crappity crappitycrap crap." I mutter, hooking a sharp left down a small whole in one if the alley walls, broken bricks scraping at my shins and boots as I pull myself farther and farther into the abandoned ruin. After about fifty feet I roll slightly to the side, pull out the Luger and take aim.
Fuckin hell, they were about to walk into a death trap and this is my thanks?
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Al-Harbiyyah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harbiyyah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:53 am

Hearing the possibilities that some supplies might not be arrived as the German artillery bombing intensifies, Senior Lieutenant Murad then asks, "Are you saying that we should scavenge any weapons and supplies from the enemy?"

He then spotted a body of a dead German and inspect it, only to find a working Mauser 98k and a handful of ammo from it, "Well this will suffice for now." Murad muttered as he loaded the rounds into the looted Mauser 98k.

"For now, we must take care of the German artillery pounding the Volga River. There must be a German radio outpost or observation posts somewhere within this Godforsaken city." Murad said again as he slung the Mauser after finished inspecting it.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 am

Al-Harbiyyah wrote:Hearing the possibilities that some supplies might not be arrived as the German artillery bombing intensifies, Senior Lieutenant Murad then asks, "Are you saying that we should scavenge any weapons and supplies from the enemy?"

He then spotted a body of a dead German and inspect it, only to find a working Mauser 98k and a handful of ammo from it, "Well this will suffice for now." Murad muttered as he loaded the rounds into the looted Mauser 98k.

"For now, we must take care of the German artillery pounding the Volga River. There must be a German radio outpost or observation posts somewhere within this Godforsaken city." Murad said again as he slung the Mauser after finished inspecting it.

"Comrade, you want weapons? We've got some. Pick anything you want, though if you are higher in ranking than me, you can only pick 2 weapons. Oh, my name is Comrade Nikolai Rusaclov, Lieutenant of NKVD, and the current head of the Operation Supply, where we deliver supplies to the battlefield." said Nikolai as he spoke it to Murad.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse