NATION

PASSWORD

Stalingrad: Not One Step Back (OOC/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Stalingrad: Not One Step Back (OOC/CLOSED)

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 pm

IC THREAD!

There's nothing good about war, but there is good in why we fight it...

It is September 1st, 1942.

It has been barely over a week since soldiers of Nazi Germany, under the command of Friedrich Wilhelm Ernst Paulus were sent into the city of Stalingrad after extensive bombing of the city by the Luftwaffe. The initial defense of the city fell to a unit of nearly all female volunteers manning anti-aircraft guns, with no choice but to turn those guns on the German tanks that entered the city. Inevitably, these first defenders were defeated. The Luftwaffe had nearly destroyed the Red Army's capabilities to get reinforcements and supplies over the River Volga, but eventually the Soviets had regained enough control of the situation to being sending a steady stream of troops into the area, though as they crossed the Volga they were still losing a large amount of their barges to German pilots' strafing runs on the boats. Soldiers land, one given a rifle and the other given ammunition, to follow the man with the rifle until he is cut down, lacking supplies to arm all of their men.

The civilians in the city had been put to work building trenches and fortifications under the wishes of their leader, Josef Stalin. Most of them stayed in the city, and are either dead, or ready to die, defending their homes from the invaders ferociously. With them, the Red Army is beginning to make their presence felt in the city once more. What was once the city of Stalingrad, and now mostly bombed-out rubble and ruin, has become the scene for one of the bloodiest battles in history. The streets are littered with bodies and the combat is close, and the onset of winter will come soon, freezing out many of the combatants. It will not stop the fight, however.

You are a soldier--or perhaps, civilian--caught in this struggle for what is now nothing more than a patch of ruined city on the steppes. Regardless of how you feel about the fighting or the cause, cowardice is punished on both sides, brutally. There is nothing more to do but fight on, and stay alive for as long as possible amongst the streets of the world's bloodiest pile of rubble.

Name:
Personality:
Alignment (Red Army, Heer, Civilian):
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie):
Weapons and equipment:
Short Bio:

]The Red Army
Irena Jowita Chlebek - Sniper - Zeinbrad
Commissar Mikhail Yemelyanev - Commissar - Myself
Vladmir Ivkin - Footsoldier - Lewina
Murad Alambekhtov Alkhanov - foot-soldier, Senior Lieutenant - Al-Harbiyyah
Nikolai Rusaclov -Sniper/Rifleman
Nikolai Rusakova –Rifleman – corporal – Phonencia
Olga Pirogova – Sniper – Galdius
Imran Kolutuv – Soldier – Asasia
Gregory Selenski - soldier - United Kingdom of Poland
Zhenya Volkov – spotter - Der Kaiser Mikey III
Aleksy Dyomin – Commissar – Kherkov

Civilians
Kyra Ross -guerrilla sniper - DuThaal Craftworld

The Heer
Felix Egger - German squad leader - Myself
Leopold Abendroth - Footsoldier - Woodstovia
Sebastian Schneider - Sniper - Wetkistan
Burlin Koch - Footsoldier – Lewina
Heinrich Emmerick Stommel –Assault - Mexican Liberation
Konrad Wursts von Misner – Marksman - Landenburg
Hauptmann Heinz Jäger –Panzerwaffe – Carathon
Leonard "Leo" Schmidt – Support - The Russian People
Ambros Strauss – Spotter - The knights of kings
Klaus Kammler - Infantry Troop - The Zeonic States
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Name:Irena Jowita Chlebek
Personality: Brave,Chatty
Alignment (Red Army, Heer, Civilian):Red Army
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): Hunting
Weapons and equipment: Mosin-Nagant with scope, TT pistol
Short Bio: Born is Stalingrad, Irena was born to a patriotic mother and father. She was an only child of a peasant family. When the cowardly fascist invaded the motherland, and when the red army began to accept female soldiers, she ran to the nearest recruitment office and joined the glorious Red army. Like all female soldiers she is a sniper.

Anything need fixing,I'm not the best at bios.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Accepted.

Will have everyone's beloved Commissar up soon.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Name: Commissar Mikhail Yemelyanev
Personality: The Commissar is fanatically patriotic, and will willingly die or send his soldiers to death for the Red Army's cause. He is the embodiment of what most come to expect of a Red Army leader--with no patience for cowardice and a death or glory attitude to fighting.
Alignment (Red Army, Heer, Civilian): Red Army
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): Leader of a squad of Red Army soldiers
Weapons and equipment: PPSH-41, Nagant M1895
Short Bio: Mikhail was born in Moscow to the averagely struggling and peasant-status family. They were poor, just like so many others. This is why Mikhail himself and Mikhail's parents were among those that would drop everything to hear Lenin's speeches of revolution and government reform, and became fiercely loyal to the Bolshevik cause during the revolution. When their cause succeeded in overthrowing the former corrupt government, Mikhail waited until he was old enough to join up and finally joined the Red Army. He rose through the ranks with distinction as a fine fighter, leader, and true, fanatic patriot to his motherland, and all of these things culminated into him being promoted to the rank of Commissar. He maintains his patriotism, and constantly reminds his soldiers of the orders handed down by Stalin himself--Not one step back.

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Name: Vladmir Ivkin
Age: 27 http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/19653 ... storyx.jpg
Personality: He's a young man that is ready to fight and die for his country.
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): He was still a soldier before the war.
Weapons and equipment: PPSH-41, knife, TT pistol, and 3 grenades.
Short Bio: Vladmir grew up in a poor family. He wasn't a great student in school but he wasn't a bad one. When Vladmir graduated from grade school he joined the military. He was loyal to communism, but didn't like Stalin that much. Although he hid his emotions towards Stalin and pretended to praise him. He fought in the first battle of Stalingrad. On that battlefield he became a true soldier. Although the soviet's lost the battle he was proud of his first battle. He rose through the ranks and became a sergeant, Vladmir will die for his country, even if that means he must sacrifice himself.
Last edited by Lewina on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being NJ since '96

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Expand the bio and I might accept it.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Lancearc wrote:Expand the bio and I might accept it.

Later.
Being NJ since '96

Al-Harbiyyah
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harbiyyah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:09 pm

This is an interesting RP, I always wanted to RPing as the Soviets. Is this still open?
A Muslim, I am...A Terrorists, I am Not and I'm also Pro-Palestine

Strike Witches Fanfiction Read it if you guys had time (Only for those who know the Anime Strike Witches though)

""The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a Million...is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (Red Alert 1)

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Al-Harbiyyah wrote:This is an interesting RP, I always wanted to RPing as the Soviets. Is this still open?

Seeing as it just started,Yes.
― Fred Rogers

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Lewina wrote:Name: Vladmir Ivkin
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): He was still a soldier before the war.
Short Bio: Vladmir grew up in a poor family. He wasn't a great student in school but he wasn't a bad one. When Vladmir graduated from grade school he joined the military. He was loyal to communism, but didn't like Stalin that much. Although he hid his emotions towards Stalin and pretended to praise him. He fought in the first battle of Stalingrad. On that battlefield he became a true soldier. Although the soviet's lost the battle he was proud of his first battle. He rose through the ranks and became a sergeant, Vladmir will die for his country, even if that means he must sacrifice himself.

Good?
Being NJ since '96

Wetkistan
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wetkistan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Tag for German engineer once this rehersal is over.
The Mongols are always the exception.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Lewina wrote:
Lewina wrote:Name: Vladmir Ivkin

Good?

Despite the fact there was only one battle for Stalingrad, that's fine.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Lewina wrote:Good?

Despite the fact there was only one battle for Stalingrad, that's fine.

I thought there were two.

I suck with WW2 history. Lol.
Being NJ since '96

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Name: Felix Egger
Personality: He is a serious and devoted soldier, although he is not a fanatical Nazi.
Alignment (Red Army, Heer, Civilian): Heer
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): Leader of a squad of German soldiers
Weapons and equipment: MP-40, 3 steilhandgranates, Pistole Parabellum 1908 'Luger'
Short Bio: Born in Aachen, Germany to somewhat wealthy parents, Felix was always able to enjoy a higher standard of living than most. He attended private schools, and excelled in his school years, being a bright young man. When Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany, Felix was already serving in the Heer. He still serves faithfully, though he is prepared to die for his country, not the Fuhrer's doctrine. He is a skilled tactician and fighter, havign served in the Heer since the invasion of Poland.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Lancearc wrote:Name: Felix Egger
Personality: He is a serious and devoted soldier, although he is not a fanatical Nazi.
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): Leader of a squad of German soldiers
Weapons and equipment: MP-40, 3 steilhandgranates, Pistole Parabellum 1908 'Luger'
Short Bio: Born in Aachen, Germany to somewhat wealthy parents, Felix was always able to enjoy a higher standard of living than most. He attended private schools, and excelled in his school years, being a bright young man. When Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany, Felix was already serving in the Heer. He still serves faithfully, though he is prepared to die for his country, not the Fuhrer's doctrine. He is a skilled tactician and fighter, havign served in the Heer since the invasion of Poland.

Your my first target.
― Fred Rogers

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

Your my first target.

Well that's not nice.
Being NJ since '96

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

Your my first target.

Good luck with that when I'm Blitzkreiging all over your city :p

But then, of course, I'll have my Russian alter-ego helping you in that task of killing my German character and all that.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm

And for an example of the Commissar's personality, just think of the Commissar from the Stalingrad missions in Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Or, if you're familiar with them, just think of practically any Commissar of the time.
Last edited by Lancearc on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:52 pm

We need some Germans in this thread.

Name: Leopold Abendroth
Personality: Sadist, arrogant, loyal, brave
Specialization (If soldier. Former occupation, if civvie): submachine gunner
Weapons and equipment: MP 40, Mauser HSc, 3 grenades.
Short Bio: Born into a moderately wealthy family during extremely unstable times Leopold grew up in Berlin in constant fear of street battles, that is until Adolf Hitler came into power, under Hitler's rule Leopold's family grew richer and Leopold managed to get a decent education before gladly joining the Wehrmacht in 1938, although he didn't serve in the Polish campaign Leopold fought through France displaying clear headedness and almost fanatical determination, Leopold later fought through Yugoslavia and Greece before joining Operation Barbarossa, Leopold now finds himself in Stalingrad fighting for his homeland.
Last edited by Woodstovia on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Accepted.

And to elaborate on the specialization field, since I've seen many do this, but the former occupation thing is only if you are RPing a civilian in Stalingrad.

For a soldier, it would be something along the lines of "Sniper," or "Rifleman".

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Lancearc wrote:And for an example of the Commissar's personality, just think of the Commissar from the Stalingrad missions in Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Or, if you're familiar with them, just think of practically any Commissar of the time.

YOU DARE TAKE ONE STEP BACKWARDS!? I SHOOT YOU FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
Sir there is like seventy machine guns guarding the base!
GOOD,CHARGE!
Last edited by Zeinbrad on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Fred Rogers

Al-Harbiyyah
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harbiyyah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

I see, well I'll try to apply a OOC sheet here...well lets get started:

Name: Murad Alambekhtov Alkhanov

Alignment: Red Army (Transferred from the 20th Mountain Rifle Division of the Transcaucasus 44th Army Group)

Specialization: Close Combat and Support, Experienced in command

Weapons: SVT-40, DP-28 (Occasionally), TT-33 Pistol, PPS-43

Personality: An officer who always follows orders and loyal to his country. He also cared for comrades and do what he can to keep himself and his comrades alive if he could. He harbors a deep hatred toward the Germans after seeing the horror of the Wehrmacht deeds in Stalingrad. A man with less words to speak he sometimes spend his available free time alone to do what he want.

Short Bio: Murad came from the Transcaucasian SSR region of Dagestan with religious background despite the Soviet repression of religion in the USSR. As the German invasion of the USSR Began, he enlisted in the Red Army in hope that the NKVD won't found out about his religious adherence. As he served in the 44th Army Group on the Transcaucasus Front, he is promoted to the rank of Junior Lieutenant and earned respect of the officers in the 44th. Later he is transferred along with 300 soldiers to Stalingrad as the situation there is dire. Upon his arrival, he is promoted to Senior Lieutenant due to the recommendation of the 44th Army commanders. He also tries to practice his religion secretly even during the Battle of Stalingrad still ensues. He never have a love for Stalin but he still love his Motherland and vow to protects it at all costs.
Last edited by Al-Harbiyyah on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Muslim, I am...A Terrorists, I am Not and I'm also Pro-Palestine

Strike Witches Fanfiction Read it if you guys had time (Only for those who know the Anime Strike Witches though)

""The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a Million...is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (Red Alert 1)

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Lancearc wrote:And for an example of the Commissar's personality, just think of the Commissar from the Stalingrad missions in Call of Duty: Finest Hour

GOOD,CHARGE!

Tanks? MEN FIX BAYONETS!

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

GOOD,CHARGE!

When you've got the manpower to do it, you can fuckin' do it.

And that's how Russia won the war. Good ol' fanatic suicide charging, manpower, etc.

And General Winter.

And being awesome.

And mass producing T-34s at an epic rate.

Murad is accepted. Perhaps he can be the Commissar's second in command.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Should I make my character a squad leader seeing as how the Soviets have a Commissar?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse