NATION

PASSWORD

Yoketown, 1851. A Wild West RP. (OOC/SIGN UP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
North Paju
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Yoketown, 1851. A Wild West RP. (OOC/SIGN UP)

Postby North Paju » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 am

Yoketown, California. The Gold Rush is just about to hit this quaint little town, as well as all the outlaws that it brings...

Introduction
Howdy Y'all! Welcome to the fictional city of Yoketown, nestled in the Northern part of the great state of California. And wouldn't you know it? There's gold in them hills! You will be playing as a character that you may choose at will aslong as it in time with the Wild West (Please, no robots). Want to be an outlaw and ransack the city? Go for it. Feel like being the newest sheriff in town? Why not. Yoketown will be what you would expect any Wild West town to be like, Wooden Buildings and such with dirt roads.

Once we begin IC (A link will be provided as soon as we have enough players) you can begin whichever way you feel, and as soon as everyone is settled and started the first bit of RP I will come in as several different characters such as a mining contractor or a gang leader, to diversify the environment around the game. I will also be acting as the Town's Mayor and the Tavern keep, for all you prospectors who fancy themselves a drink or two!

Current Events:

Rules:
As with any roleplay, there is always a set of rules to maintain a balance. Before I dive into the basic rules, I will dive into the two biggest factors that are important to me. The first being - godmodders. My definiton of a godmodder goes along the lines of 'a person who acts on behalf of another player therefore giving that player no chance to act or defend themselves'. This doesn't need to be made clear as it already is - don't do it.

Secondly, is that in order to play you must be comprehensible and thus have a basic standard of grammar. I will personally ignore all posts that are typed in slang/text speak or just pure laziness and it will give me as OP, an incentive to remove you from RP'ing. I am also setting the bare minimum for each post at 1 paragraph, equal to 6 lines. Chatter between players is the only exception, and even then must be performed in character.

Now, here are a few other rules that you should be aware of:
• No one liners
• Respect the OP (Original Poster)
• Do not create NPCs
• Do not manipulate others characters without direct consent from the player
• Respect other players
• Keep OOC in IC to a very low minimum
• Use appropriate grammar!
• No god-modding!
• OP has the final say in all matters.

Aside from that, i really hope you all have fun with this RP, im looking forward to getting it underway! Here is the application form, please fill it out and you will be considered, thanks!

Code: Select all
[b]Application[/b]
[b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Full Name of Character (Middle or Nick-names included if optional):[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Traits and Habits:[/b]
[b]Biography (Formal please):
[b]RP Examples (the more the merrier):[/b][/b]

North Paju
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Paju » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Bump.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 am

Application
Nation:Is this really needed?
Full Name of Character (Middle or Nick-names included if optional):Jesse "sharpeye" James (why not?)
Traits and Habits:Cynical, stutters when talking
Biography (Formal please):(will edit)
[b]RP Examples (the more the merrier):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=227248,http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219873, and others that wer auto pruned in f7.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse