NATION

PASSWORD

The New Dark Ages (IC, MT, Survival-Horror, Dark RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Neo Byzantine Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

The New Dark Ages (IC, MT, Survival-Horror, Dark RP)

Postby Neo Byzantine Empire » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm

(Be warned; your characters can and will be killed if mistakes are made. As such; it is advised you either have multiple characters, or have new ones in mind in case your first/primary character is killed.)

Febuary 25th, 2013

Government troops stormed the Research Labs of Gene-Tech Inc., a recently established private research company dedicated to resolving issues with the Human Gene Code related to diseases and lack of intelligence among other things, though their true purpose was far more sinister.

As the soldiers swarmed through the facility, they came across horrific experiments conducted on Human test subjects; gruesome mutations, the dead reanimated, and those in the process of mutation. The order was given to silence the personnel of the facility and destroy the labs entirely, scientists slaughtered wherever they could be found.

A lone scientist stood in the last room, gathering important documents and samples to take with him to escape. This was Dr. Wilhelm Wolfe, a brilliant scientist and the man responsible for many of the mutations seen throughout the facility. A government spy had been found and used as a subject in his organization and now, it seemed, the government was coming to silence the doctor permanently. His suitcase clicked, closing there very same moment the door was blown open. Doctor Wolfe took a pistol he kept near him at all times and turned, aiming it at the government soldiers facing him now.

"It's over, Doctor. Surrender and hand over your research, and no harm will come to you." A soldier said, the entire squad having their weapons fixed on him.

"You expect me to give up my life's work? My dreams!? Typical puppets, only doing what your masters tell you to. They throw you a bone and you continue to be good pets to the government. Not all are destined to be mindless servants, you know! It's because I don't suck off government teat that your masters see me as a threat, they call me a threat for trying to take humanity to a new stage of evolution!" The doctor said, switching targets every few seconds.

"You mean mutating people, you sick bastard!?" A soldier shouted back.

"Mutants!? You see mutants!? I see a new dawn for mankind, a bright future free of stupidity, of weakness, of fear! Those 'Mutants' are superior to you in every way, and there is no way I'm giving up them or my research without dying first!" The doctor replied, finger on the trigger.

"That's a real shame. We could have used someone with a mind like yours, but I suppose those that we have can make sense of your research without you." The leader of the squad said, opening fire.

It wasn't even a fair fight, the doctor only getting one round off, missing the shot, before succumbing to the hail of bullets tearing through him. While the soldiers picked over his corpse, a girl watched from the other room; the Doctor's daughter, Alissa. The young women held in her hands a sample of a refined mutagen that would preserve ones intelligence as well as providing the benefits of previous strains, something she had been working on with her father for several years now.

Her world shattered, and with nothing left but a choice between death and "evolution", her eyes teared up as she took the cap off the syringe. She injected the mutagen into herself, the mutation occurring rapidly as she tore through the door, screaming and slicing a soldiers throat out with her new claws, sharper than diamond. With speed beyond that anyone in the room could match, she ran from soldier to soldier, killing them one-by-one until the room was covered in the blood and entrails of those who had murdered her father.

Alissa then turned to the central control console in the room, still having access to the entire facility, she and her father being the only ones with administrator privileges. As she walked towards the console, those soldiers with mostly intact bodies began to rise, taking up their weapons once more and slowly shuffling out of the room to locate and kill the other intruders. Meanwhile, Alissa sent the order for all cages to open, smiling sadistically as she saw the previous generation mutants tearing through the soldiers, the intact dead rising as what could only be described as zombies to serve in the growing ranks of mutants now making their way topside, the doors opening to allow them access.

"Father... I'll see to it your work is finished." The mutated Alissa said, picking up the corpse of her late father and sealing his body in a preservation cask.

-----

Four years later,

"... We have unconfirmed reports that the dead are rising..."

"The army is advising everyone to stay in their homes, they say the situation is under control and the people shouldn't pan..."

"... The barricades have been overrun, an evacuation order has been given! All citizens should report to..."

"We have sown the seeds of sin, and this is our punishment. We have failed the lord, who now sends his angels of death upon us to punish our race and purify the world..."

"There is no more government! The capitol was overrun last night, and as far as we know, this is the last station broadcasting. We can't stay on the air, unfortunately, as the Evacuation order has been given. Good luck, and god bless..."

"You watching those old news reports again?" A man said to a young Woman watching videos on her iPod.

She looked up, startled from being so suddenly disturbed from her thoughts. She and her group were in a heavily armed and armored caravan of several jeeps, humvees, and a couple vans turned makeshift armored car. Still, she nodded and turned the machine off. "Yeah. It's still interesting to watch it all unfold." She said, holding her rifle close.

"Right, well, just make sure you're paying attention when we stop this time. I don't want to have to save your ass a fourth time." The man said, turning back around to look at the countryside around them. This man was William, preferring to be called Will. The young woman he had been talking to was Aella, the two had known each other since the outbreak began, the two sticking together ever since they'd saved each other from numerous dangers and escaped the Capitol when it was overwhelmed.

Now, they, along with a larger group of survivors they'd joined, were heading East along the continent, hoping to find other countries that were relatively safe from the mutant threat, though it was likely a global threat by now. All things considered, their group wasn't even that large. They barely had enough people to drive the vehicles, most spaces left unoccupied thanks to mutant attacks, illness, and even the human threat. Still; those that were left had plenty of ammunition, food, medicine, and gas to last a couple weeks.

They soon approached a town, one that had signs of human life here, as shown by fortifications and defenses, in disrepair at most points. The convoy stopped, everyone getting out, some manning the guns mounted onto some vehicles. After a little debate, a small group approached the town cautiously to determine if anyone was left alive.

Neo Byzantine Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Byzantine Empire » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 am

(Anyone interested?)

Rhanawyn
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhanawyn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 am

This sounds interesting~ I wasn't able to read the whole thing, but I skimmed and got the gist. Sounds great; I'll post an App ASAP.

Neo Byzantine Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Byzantine Empire » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=227205 (The OOC thread)

The group approached the Town, cautiously entering and looking through the place. It seemed... Completely abandoned. There wasn't a trace of human life anywhere, though that didn't mean the place was uninhabited. Upon further inspection, the place appeared to have farms, generators, fortifications that needed a little more work, but were otherwise strong, and a supply of fresh water from a nearby spring in the hills.

"Looks like this place is all set... Tools, food, water, the works! Why would they just up and leave?" Someone asked.

"I think I know why, Will." Sella said quietly, drawing their attention to the square outside the church, full of Zombies.

"... Right, we'll just get the .50 Cals up here to deal with them. Doesn't look like they have guns, we should be fine." Will said, leaving to tell the others of the plan.

A few moments later, the jeeps armed with .50 Calibur Machine Guns rolled in through the open main gate, shots echoing throughout the town as the reanimated dead were slaughtered without second thought. The entire convoy followed soon, everyone ensuring the area was secure. In their searches, they found a radio broadcasting station, knowing what had to be done.

Two weeks later

The survivors inhabiting the fortress-town of Whispering Pines could be heard 24/7 on several radio frequencies in every direction for 100 kilometers. They promised safety, food, and shelter in the old logging town, waiting for survivors to arrive, if anyone besides them was left, that was.

Neo Byzantine Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Byzantine Empire » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm

(Anyone interested?)

Return to Portal to the Multiverse