NATION

PASSWORD

Let Slip the Dogs of War (AWRP/IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Let Slip the Dogs of War (AWRP/IC/Open)

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:53 am

Well hello there Nationstates. Yes, 'tis I, your beloved Len/Spetzy. So, an AWRP! Yes! This will be fun! You guys I'm sure know the drill, so I'll just get started with the, well, world.

This is the map for those of us who have never seen one before (I'm looking at you 8) ). On this map are the various provinces of the known world. What you will do on your application, is choose a certain amount of these provinces to have fun with, depending on which nation type you choose to play with. Now, something to consider.

Natural resource locations transfer from our world to this one. So no, you will not be finding anything besides farmland in Kansas, and you won't be mining for diamonds in Mexico. You will however, find some very fine farmland in Kansas, and some excellent Silver Mines in Mexico, etc for the rest of the world.

Yes, you may reserve spots, but only for two days.

The RP will begin on January 1st, 1800.

Nation Type: In this RP we will be dealing with several different types of nation. These Nation types are:

Great Power: There will be only 3 of these, first come first served, but I reserve the right to reject your app based on your RP sample(s). A Great Power is an industrial, economic, and military powerhouse. You are awarded 60 points to put into the various categories below. In addition, you may select more land than other nations, the exact specifications will be determined on a case by case basis. After all, the guy who takes X amount of Canadian provinces, has more land than the guy who takes the same number of tiny little Russian provinces from Eastern Europe. In addition, you are allowed to select four, that is (4), 4, quatro, etc, overseas colonies.

Secondary Power: Only 4 of these, again first come first served. You guys aren't on the same level as a Great Power, and in a fair fight they would decimate you, but with some clever conniving and strategic alliances, along with perhaps a few trade embargoes, along with the whole host of nasty Diplomatic means you have at your command, you might be able to topple a Great Power and take their place. You guys have the same land deal as the Great Powers, you get to choose wherever you want to live, but a smaller amount of land than a Great Power, and you guys are only awarded 50 points to put into the below categories. You do however, get two, (2), colonies.

Civilized Nation: You? You just got out of the iron age my friend. Your nation is begging in the streets for guns and horses, and one secondary power could crush you and probably a few of your friends too. But don't fear! You and, oh, three or four of your buddies can topple a secondary power, then duke it out among yourselves to determine who gets the spoils. Yes that will be explained later. You guys get 40 points to put into the categories, and no colonies.

Uncivilized: No, I didn't forget to put Nation or Power, I just simply cannot categorize you as something as such. You aren't civilized, you are in fact, very uncivilized. Human sacrifice is commonplace (if you so choose) and a Civilized nation could whup you, probably because your too busy dealing with your uncivilized neighbors to the left and right to realize the true threat is the Civilized powers! Conquer your enemies, or your friends, and use the spoils of war to take on a Civilized nation. You get 30 points. Good luck.

Time to explain the Spoils of War, as well as the turn based system, and economic systems, followed by the War System. So:

Spoils of War. Why conquer another nation if you can't take their place because you are a mere secondary power, and they a Great Power. You don't have the points to stave off the other Great powers, and your secondary power "friends" are looking at you sideways. So, I have developed a system called the Spoils of War. Every time you conquer a nation a tier above yourself, you get five points to spend however you want. This is how we move up. For example. A Civilized Nation takes down a Secondary Power. You get five points to spend in any one of the categories, as well as a nice chunk of land that the former nation held. They, conversely, loose five points and step down from Secondary Power to Civilized Nation.

Turn Based System. Everybody posts, then I make a nice post telling you exactly how all your actions worked out, as well as showing a nice new map with all your territorial acquisitions on it. This can come in the form of extra points to spend because of something smart you did, or in the form of a natural disaster that wipes out half your population. HOWEVER, this will also be a statistics based RP. So, for example, if anybody blockades you, then in my post, your economy will suffer. It can and will bounce back after the blockade is over, but in the mean time your exports and imports both become null and void, and you cannot raise more soldiers, or really do much of anything.

Economic System. This RP will be placing a lot of emphasis on the Economy. I will be doing some serious work here, but suffice to say that if you are a massively industrialized nation, with little agriculture, you're going to rely on an agricultural nation to provide you with food and raw materials. If somebody blockades you, or the nation you rely upon decides to embargo you, then your economy will suffer, and other things in your nation will be effected.

War System. Take it to another thread, then post a bunch of really nice things, I decide the winner based on your tactics, the size of your military, and that of the other guy, or as the case may be, other guys.

Alliances will be made and broken. People will die, empires will fall, but in the end.

Who
Will

WIN?!

Questions, Comments, or Concerns may be addressed to me or my Co-Op, Treko
Last edited by Len Hyet on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Kaiser Augustus Karl Von Schwertz
Berlin, Treko
Der Palast des Kaisers
1. Januar 1800

Clicking of black cavalry boots could be heard within the confines of the palace, the repetitive sound was coming from a mass group of men surrounding one man, Kaiser Augustus Karl Von Schwertz. "Kaiser, The growing concerns of the people can't be ignored any longer. People want Poland under the rule of Treko." said Krietz, a long time friend of Augustus, "I know, we must formulate a plan first. We can't go marching in blindly." replied Augustus as he looked ahead and saw his palace guards open up large wooden doors to the throne room. There were slight nods amongst the group of men, as they continued into the throne room a pale fellow at the age of 56 spoke up, "My lord, I would be willing to formulate the plan but it may take awhile." stated the pale man as he stepped closer to Augustus who was walking up the steps to his throne. "Ah, General Dietrich. Agreed, you will formulate the plan for the invasion of Poland." replied Augustus as he sat down in his throne and looked over the group of men who all gave slight bows before leaving the room. The only man who was left was General Dietrich, "What is it asked?" asked Augustus as he leaned forward in his throne, "Kaiser, with this move it will bring us closer to the Eurasian Empire." replied Dietrich as he gave a low sight, "I know but we must assort authority on this continent. People must know who reigns supreme." replied Augustus as he watched General Dietrich bow before leaving the throne room.

As General Dietrich left the throne room, Augustus motioned for his messenger over, "How may I be of service, Kaiser?" asked the man as he held a small notepad, "Send out a message to provinces all over Treko to begin conscription of Treko men. Also, tell war factories to begin arms production." ordered Augustus as he watched the man write down some quick notes. "It will be done." said the man as he ran off towards a telegraph room within the palace. It was new beginning for Treko but patience was in order, as the man sent out the national message, Augustus arose from his throne and made his way back to his personal chamber where his wife probably presided.

Western Prussia:
Korps der Infanterie I
Technik Korps I
Korps der hellen Kavallerie I
Korps von Artillerie I
1- Ville de Paris class ship-of-the-line
6- Ajax class ship-of-the-line
12-London-class ship-of-the-line

Eastern Prussia:
Korps der Infanterie II
Technik Korps II
Korps der hellen Kavallerie II
Korps von Artillerie II
1- Ville de Paris class ship-of-the-line
6- Ajax class ship-of-the-line
12-London-class ship-of-the-line

Germany + Austria + Switzerland + Liechtenstein:
Korps der Infanterie III
Korps der Infanterie IV
Korps der Infanterie V
Technik Korps III
Technik Korps IV
Korps der hellen Kavallerie III
Korps der hellen Kavallerie IV
Korps von Artillerie III
Korps von Artillerie IV
2-Ville de Paris class ship-of-the-line
25-Ajax class ship-of-the-line
68-London-class ship-of-the-line
110-Frigates

Czechoslovakia + Hungary:
Korps der Infanterie VI
Korps der Infanterie VII
Technik Korps VI
Technik Korps VII
Korps der hellen Kavallerie VI
Korps der hellen Kavallerie VII
Korps von Artillerie VI
Korps von Artillerie VII

South Africa + Botswana + Lesotho + Swaziland:
Südafrikanische Infanterie Korps I
Südafrikanische Infanterie Korps II
Südafrikanische Infanterie Korps III
Südafrikanisches Technikkorps I
Südafrikanisches Technikkorps II
Südafrikanische Kavallerie Korps I
Südafrikanische Kavallerie Korps II
Südafrikanische Kavallerie Korps III
Südafrikanische Artillerie Korps I
Südafrikanische Artillerie Korps II
Last edited by Treko on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kengburg
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kengburg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Ballroom of the Tuileries Palace.Paris.France
January 1st, 1800

Crowds of French middle and upper class swarmed into the Tuileries, women dressed in revealing and finely designed "Empire" style muslin gowns, whilst many men wore simple yet tasteful coats over linen shirts and collars. The ballroom spared no extravagance, intricately woven carpet spanned the length of the ballroom, exquisite wallpaper and panoramas adorned the chamber's walls, and many cut glass ormulu added chandeliers brightened the area. The scent of Champagne could be smelled all throughout the ballroom, it's flowery fragrance just as noticeable as the chatter of the attendees. What the citizens were here for was not purely for the champagne, luxurious atmosphere, or to socialize. It was for Napoleon's first speech on the state of affairs in France. As the attendees continued chattering, the large sound of shutting doors could be heard from the marble balcony at the front of the ballroom. Two guards could be seen, then the godly image of First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte appeared, facing all the citizens with a charismatic smile on his face, and a glass of champagne in his hand. The crowd, all in awe of seeing their great Consul, applauded for his presence and raised their glasses. Napoleon waved, and the most anticipated words flowed out of his mouth. "Patriotic, loyal, citizens of France. I salute you for attending today, and hope you have enjoyed the beverages. Greater matters are at our hands this evening. With the new nations rising in Europe, the old nations falling, a new age of potential alliances and enemies has been created. With this we must decide who, and who will we not support. So I have found a new program necessary for fulfilling the diplomatic needs of the Republic, with a group of advisers I have come up with a project called "Unis Ambassade Programme". This shall allow all nations to submit an application for trade, alliance, and/or an embassy. So may this New Year open up many new doors to progress in wealth for France, and for us all. " The crowd below cheered, and Napoleon walked back through the double doors. The New Years celebrations resumed.

Unis Ambassade Programme

Embassy Application
What Nation Are You?:
What City in France Do You Want Your Embassy?:

Alliance Application
What Nation Are You?:
What Is Your Reason For Applying?:

Trade Application
What Nation Are You?:
Import Interests?: (France Exports: Perfume, Dolls, Furniture, Paintings, Porcelain, Champagne, Jewelry, Luxury Goods)
Export Interests?:

New Orleans.French Lousiana
The rich New Orleans air was filled with the scent of hard liquor and good food as the populace celebrated New Years. People mingled in the cobblestone streets laughing and enjoying the time. Instruments throughout the town played festive melodies, fireworks lighting up the sky behind the State House made the crowds even more excited, waving French flags and yelling "Bonne année et bonne santé!".

Caracas.French Venezuala
Maracas, Castanets, and Tamborines's rythms danced in the air, the party in Venezuala rivaled that of New Orleans. Dancers performing traditional latin dances in bars in front of tipsy patrons drinking imported glasses of Pisco and Canelzo. Every home was jam-packed with family members enjoying Spanish dinner, Pastelles, Rice & Beans, and Tostones.

French Division Locations
France:
Division de-Chaussée I
Division de-Chaussée II
Ingénieur du Corps I
Division de Cavalerie Légère I
Division de Cavalerie Légère II
Corps d'Artillerie I
1 Ocean Class SOTL
15 Buecentare Class SOTL
50 Temeaire Class SOTL
100 Frigates

Netherlands & Belgium:
Division de-Chaussée III

Venezuela:
Division de-Chaussée IV
Ingénieur du Corps II
1 Ocean Class SOTL
10 Becuentare Class SOTL
25 Temeaire Class SOTL
100 Frigates

Louisiana:
Division de-Chaussée VI
Division de Cavalerie Légère III
Corps d'Artillerie II
Last edited by Kengburg on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21
Proud Allied State of the Union of Human Supremacists, Ave Humanitas!

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Krasnoyarsk, The Gratia
Jan 1st, 1800
New Year's Day was a big deal in The Gratia. At midnight, when everyone was usually nice and comfy inside their beds with a fire in the fireplace, there were huge bonfires burning in the main square of Krasnoyarsk with people in their big parkas celebrating. Spiced vodka and strong beers were in evidence, and nearly everyone of a decent age was drunk. The festivities would die out soon enough, though, when the fires petered down and everyone dragged their passed-out friends out of the cold. Even with the hot spices vodka, the cold outside was quite bitter.

People's Representative Sasha Yazov was still in his cozy warm house though. He had work to do, no time for getting drunk. He'd celebrate by drinking some spicy kvass as he managed the town's affairs. He was too old to be getting drunk anyway; his 78th birthday was coming up soon. The town had elected him as the People's Representative of Krasnoyarsk 50 years ago because he was the only one who knew how to read and write, a professor out of Moscow. He was now one of thirty, as he'd opened up a school where he taught people reading, writing, and some science. His own son, Pavlov, was now running the school. There was even a library of about 80 books now, entirely from the collection that Sasha had brought with him from Moscow.

In his time as People's Representative, Sasha had seen The gratia grow from a few scattered Russian towns to a quite sizable country. At first it had been almost entirely little cossack towns, before the local tribes started joining the cause. Soon enough the people of the Far East had heard of the wondrous new nation to the west, and wanted in. All the towns and villages had quibbled amongst themselves as to how to run the new country, formed half a hundred congresses and and governments, before finally deciding to just have semi-independent towns and villages and tribes and whatnot, all united militarily and economically. The western towns began to swell with immigrants from Russia, and the far eastern tribes began to westernize. They adopted the Russian language for their own, and started to use Russian building techniques. A few towns popped up here and there. Meanwhile, the cossacks had been busy building forts all over the place and managing the military. Now here he was, in one of the most populous towns in all of the Gratia, 77 years old, being the People's Representative. He snapped out of it and kept at his letter to the Udege people.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm

OOC Edits: Grammar and IMG formatting.

Thirty-Two Years before the current date...
Stockholm, Sweden

The King looked over his burning capital. The war had taken a turn for the worse, and the invaders had forced the once great land of Sweden to it's knees. All was lost in the homeland, but there was one remaining hope.
His son.
Alexander, or Alexander I as he soon would be known, had many fleets of ships travelling to the Carribean colonies. The biggest mistake of the war in the King's eyes had been that he devoted too many resources to his colonies and not enough to hold off the invasion, but it was too late now, and with as many refugees as possible, the once-proud Swedish Empire was reduced to a few islands in the middle of nowhere.

Luckily, using resources sent to the island of Hispanolia, a military force that could ward off any other great nation's colonial power was ready, and the hope was that the King's son could rebuild the Empire to it's former glory. The King had been offered a spot on the flagship vessel, but he declined, saying his last act as King would be to die with the homeland.

A single tear fell from the King's eyes. It was not worth fighting for.

Present Day
New Stockholm, Hispanolia

King Alexander looked out from his palace onto his city. The citizens wheeled around carts and traded goods at the market, and a Swedish flag flew near the town square. The city was spread out like a square grid, and small buildings lined streets for miles. The Grand Church Bell rang in the distance, and Alexander decided it was time he took inventory on his military, as reports from the Southern-most islands suggests Venezuela as a growing colony, he would have to have stronger equipment for his armies. He took a map of his empire to his desk and read over it with his military numbers:
-Total Army: 310,000
Army of Cuba: 98,000
Army of Hispanolia: 102,000
Army of Puerto Rico: 58,500
Army of Jamaica: 51,500
Total Navy: 203,304
-Capital/1st Fleet: 102,096
2nd Fleet: 26,054
3rd Fleet: 23,604
4th Fleet: 24,003
5th Fleet: 24,485

The islands of Hispanolia, Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Jamaica were under his firm control, but it was time his reach was extended. He called his advisers in and had them divide portions of the navy and army into expansion teams to take the rest of the islands he decided. His large map was displayed to a round of applause.
Purple was the Four Main Islands
Light Blue were the islands he planned on taking.

The plan for the taking the islands was simple. The 2nd and 3rd Fleet were to sail North and conquer the Bahamas, while the Capital Fleet was going to sail South and take each of the islands in large numbers, then leaving a few settlers and patrols behind to govern. The Cayman Islands were to be occupied by the 4th Fleet and a Brigade from the Army of Cuba, with the 5th Fleet remaining to protect the Fourth Main Islands. The total process was to be completed in less than a year, and Alexander dismissed his men, hoping his plan to be in good fortune.
Last edited by Fortunagen on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 am

January 1st, 1800...

The capital city of Jayakarta was filled with fun and happiness as the new year's celebration started. People all around the city were enjoyed the party at the moment. All of the other cities also felt the same way like the capital did.

However, not all were good, as the rice and tea plantations in Sumatra are in danger following the small conflict between the freedom fighters who want the freedom in Sumatra and the civilian security guards and the soldiers who guarded the plantations.

The Ministry of Defense also had opened the new factories for the production of the muskets and its bullets. The Ministry of Economy, however, experienced difficulty to expand the plantations to the colonies, as the colonies until now only have small fields, not a large plantations. Thus, the Ministry of Economy push their effort to make the Expansion Act to be declared as legal by the controlling party.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

The Results
End Turn 1
As of December 31st, 1800

Treko

The Nation grimly prepares itself for war. Her sons are conscripted, but they go with a happy heart. They are fed tales of glory on the battlefield for their Kaiser, and their Sergeants are just as green.

The factories belch smoke as they churn out guns, bullets, ships, boots, uniforms, and all the things necessary for war. The Neighbors of Treko look at her anxiously, for she comes with a vengeance and a hunger for land.

Her soldiers poise on the edge of the Polish border, and gaze hungrily into the untouched lands within, but still they wait for the order of their General, so that the conquering can begin.
Your economy takes a spike as she prepares for war, and six new Infantry Regiments are raised.

France

The people revel drunkenly for the night of the New Year, but her economy, with no real push given to her, does not move forwards, nor slide backwards. Her nation sits, poised for international diplomacy, extending the gloved hand of friendship, but none take the offered hand, and so she sits, and waits.
You did absolutely nothing.

The Gratia

Your foreign ambassador sits drunkenly in his room, and writes a magnificent letter, but not much else. The day to day functions of your nation are addressed, and life moves on. Your economy does nothing, you raise no new soldiers, you begin no new trade, and so, you in short, do nothing.
You do nothing.

Hispanolia

Your people are whipped into a patriotic fervor, and the invasions go off without a hitch. What little native resistance is raised is banished by the thunder of your guns and the might of your soldiers. Your economy jumps a notch, as the spoils of war flow back into your nation, with precious stones, ancient relics, and of course, the newly conquered people flowing into and out of your nation.
You conquer the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, and several other southern islands.
Your economy gets a boost.

Altito Asmoro

Your people revel drunkenly for the new year, and again the next night, and again the next night, and again and again for a full week, because let's face it. The only people employed in Sumatra right now are the guards and the rebels. This unemployment causes a severe blow to your economy, which weakens the Minister of Economy's push for the Expansion Act, which is rejected on grounds of instability that must be fixed first.

Your economy takes a nose dive, one which you really need to pull it out of.
The Rebels gain support due to your seemingly impending economic collapse.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 pm

General Alexander Dietrich
Western Prussia: Danzig, Treko
Fort Teutonic
31. Dezember 1800

"Sir, we have reports coming in from across Western and Eastern Prussia." said a winded officer who handed Alexander all the paperwork which had been compiled into a folder, "Good, send a telegram out to the forces to prepare for the coming invasion." ordered Alexander as he looked over the reports. The paperwork held nothing of importance, it was merely an update of what was happening and how things were being dealt with, thought he did use the paperwork to configure and change his plans if need be. As he finished one of the pieces of paper he heard the sound of footsteps resonate from outside, "What is it?" asked Alexander as he looked up from his paperwork and saw the officer walk in. "Sir, the invasion force is ready to launch." said the officer as he wiped the sweat from his brow, "Excellent, we shall wait. I want the Polish to see their demise coming, that is all." Alexander said in a authoritative voice as he watched the officer give a salute before exiting his command tent.

As he continued to read over the paperwork he watched the sun creep over the horizon, it was comforting to finally see the radiant star, he had marched out with his personal guards a few weeks ago to put his plan into action. The nights were usually cold due to the season but he was counting himself lucky as the sun warmed him up, as the sun came into full view he watched as a platoon of infantry march past his tent, bayonets locked and ready. The vibrations of mass columns of troops soon became to much for him, Alexander arose from his chair and walked towards the entrance of his tent. He grabbed his black greatcoat and quickly threw it on before putting on his bicorne, men stood around camp fires and were graciously eating their rations, their winter gear warming their bodies from the elements of winter.

Alexander was looking over his army when the same officer approached him, "Sir, are you ready to proceed with the plan?" asked the officer as he clenched his greatcoat, "Ja, send the telegram to the rest of armies. Launch the invasion of Poland, lets reunite them with the great Koalition." ordered Alexander as he gave a quick salute to the officer before walking off to his horse.

Western Prussia on Pomerania:
Korps der Infanterie I
Technik Korps I
Korps der hellen Kavallerie I
Korps von Artillerie I

Eastern Prussia on Poland:
Korps der Infanterie II
Technik Korps II
Korps der hellen Kavallerie II
Korps von Artillerie II

Germany + Austria + Switzerland + Liechtenstein on Poland:
Korps der Infanterie III
Technik Korps III
Korps der hellen Kavallerie III
Korps von Artillerie III

Czechoslovakia + Hungary on Poland:
Korps der Infanterie VI
Technik Korps VII
Korps der hellen Kavallerie VI
Korps von Artillerie VI

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Somewhere In The Eastern Gratia
December 31st, 1800

Chuner Taksami stood looking at the new Trans-Gratia highway. It was essentially the project of the year, and was near completion. The country needed something to hold it together, something to increase connections between towns and strengthen unity. So, an edict came from the Ministry of National Affairs, the central government in Irkutsk, to build a grand new road system. It would extend far outside of The Gratia, down to China and up to Russia. The local denominations of the Ministry were commanded to aid the construction crews' efforts in any way possible. So, Chuner Taksami was in charge of completing it. The road had made its slow way down to Khabarovsk, where it would extend slightly into China and allow goods to go up or down the Amur river to the little settlement there. Soon enough, Chuner knew, that settlement-Amuria, he recalled- would flourish into one of the greatest cities in all of The Gratia as it expanded to accommodate the entire sea trade of the country.

The road started in Tomsk, winding through all the cities in the west and being joined by tributaries from the towns, until it finally got to Irkutsk and went through the relatively unpopulated land between there and the Amur. It was to be guarded by the 3rd foot regiment, who would run ostrogs every fifty miles. Doubtless private inns would pop up as well, but until then the ostrogs would be the only source of protection on the road. Chuner knew what would happen, though. Only the cossack hosts would be willing to man the ostrogs, and though the Gratia was indeed founded by them on their noble principles, the cossacks were notoriously cruel in their policies. Travelers and caravans would certainly be subjected to tolls to stay the night in the ostrogs, or be spurned from the little forts. Doubtless the Central Ministry planned to use this as a way of raising money for the central government. Chuner would remember that for the next local meeting.

In the meantime, he stood on a little rise watching the construction crew and his own local tribesmen slowly build the road. It was slow work, and they rarely got more than 5 miles a day completed, but in a week lots of progress could be made. The sun was starting to go down now, though, and the nighttime festivities of the westerners would be celebrated soon. The construction crew was starting to lax off and drift away as the sun dipped below the horizon. Ah well, the road through this stretch was nearly done. Chuner had already heard reports from the west that the road was becoming the life-blood of the west, enhancing what little trade there was.
Last edited by Shnercropolis on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:48 am

December 31st, 1800...

With the fight between the freedom fighters and the army in Sumatra endangered the economy, The central government was quick to approved the Expansion Act to the colonies, and the new sugar plantations and new rum distilleries were on the constructions. 25,000 soldiers are mobilized to Aceh, where the freedom fighters reside, to launch a large-scale crackdowns on the freedom fighters. The citizens are quick to cooperate with the soldiers. The freedom fighters are large in numbers, but lack of quality, especially in the muskets.

However, due to the shortage of workers, The Ministry of Transportation and The Ministry of Economy approved the Transmigration Act, where about 500,000 unemployed people are being transmigrated to Taiwan and Singapore to fill the employment rates in the sugar plantations and the rum distilleries. They also will be provided with free trainings to improve their skills in the distilleries. A quarter of the people (125,000) will be send to East Timor to be conscripted as the military, as the current numbers are about 750,000 men.

10 grade schools are opened in Malaysia and 2 university are on constructions in Indonesia and Singapore. 2 new ports are being constructed in the north of Jayakarta.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Slarvainian
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slarvainian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 pm

King Raven Redwood walked down one of the many grand halls of the royal palace towards his office where his advisors were waiting to discuss matters of the Kingdom. The halls of Redwood Palace, named obviously after his family who had reined Canada for the last 50 years, were built with the finest materials that this nation had to offer, and it showed. The Palace was 3 stories in height and offered close to a 800,000 square feet of floor area and neared close to 2000 rooms and took many years to build.

King Raven wood entered his office where his head advisors already waited. Harland Bennet, his Treasury advisor. Cole Warren, his foreign relations advisor, Levi Jackson his head General and then there was Christian Orrville, his head advisor who advised him on matters of the state inside their borders.

He was greeted by his advisors and then sat down behind his desk. Raven Redwood was a man in his mod thirties, he was about 5’11 medium build with short brown hair. He had taken the thrown over from his father, the first ruler of the Kingdom. His father had been the revolution General during the war that brought this swath of land independence. He had managed to defeat the armies of the colonial powers and with the help of the native population which he had managed to ally, expel their colonial oppressors.

The native population’s only demand was that they get an equal representation in the new government and they did in terms of the parliament (The body of government that votes on bills to present to the king on which he can choose support or deny) but the actual head positions of governments were mainly of European decent.

After sitting down at his desk Redwood put on his reading glasses and for a few minutes sat and wrote, putting the finishing touches on a letter to a foreign power, and for those few moments the room was quite except for the crackling of the fire coming from the Grand fireplace on the left wall of the room.

Then finally, the King spoke

“well, let’s begin Gentlemen.” He said with a nod
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Sophist, Ironist, the po-mo-neo-marxist Jordan Peterson warned you about.

I really enjoy talking ideas with people so feel free to TG me.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

King Alexander crushed many a cup of wine that evening of December 27, 1800, as news had come that the islands to the South had finally been taken, he decided to hold a party in the campaign's honour. The ballroom of his palace was filled with the elite of New Stockholm, and the King happened to be having a conversation with the Minister of the Interior, and the Minister was making a persuasive case to revitalize the infrastructure of the urban areas, and three days later, a plan was put in place for the city of New Helsinki in Cuba. The city was the industrial hub for the Northern half of the nation, and it was essential that it supported an efficient system of importing and exporting materials. The King knew that this system, like any, had it's flaws, but it's core components of was to hire many vagabonds currently on the streets as upkeep workers and pay them low wages. If the plan worked, he hoped to adopt the program in New Stockholm. Meanwhile, reports from the lands to the South rumoured of a European presence, and Alexander planned to look into it.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse