NATION

PASSWORD

The Final Orders (OOC--A treasure hunt RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Final Orders (OOC--A treasure hunt RP)

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

THE FINAL ORDERS

Europe, 1940.

World War Two was just sparked months ago by Adolf Hitler, the leader of the new government of Germany, and his aggressive actions against neighboring nations and other territories that he believes should belong to Germany. The deadly new Blitzkreig tactic employed by the Wehrmacht makes the effective fortification of a border targeted by them nearly impossible, however. The Nazi German forces continue to conquer across Europe, with the help of the Soviet Union and supporting the dictatorship in Italy, lead under Benito Mussolini. Nation after nation falls, and it seems as though all hope is lost when most of Europe and parts of North Africa begins to be secured under the flag of the Third Reich. Hitler betrays the Soviets and begins pushing east as well, another deadly example of a Blitzkreig attack battering back the Russian forces until the Germans are knocking on Moscow's doorstep.

Their victory was certain.

Europe, 1944.

Hitler and his dictatorship are confronted with problems. The Soviets have begun to gain the upperhand in the east and the British have reclaimed parts of the mainaland with the help of the American forces. North Africa is all but lost. Italy is just hanging on, and Mussolini is out of power--killed. Hitler begins to grow desperate. He is far less social and makes few speeches compared to the amount of tours and rallies he took the time to organize in the early years of his reign, and his closest officers observe a visible change in his overall character--he becomes a hermit, essentially. By 1945, he's refused to believe the war is lost. He retreated to Berlin in an underground bunker and gives orders to divisions that barely have the numbers to maneuver properly.

He also gives rise to Operation Rainy Day.

This operation was a gamble at securing supposed gold reserves in Brazil--a covert operation, as the Brazilian government had no intention of simply letting them do so. The plan was to use this gold to fund projects for Hitler's many 'superweapons', such as the Maus tank and many advanced aircraft and missile designs. It was never put into action. The operation was started, and abandoned--or rather, forgotten--as the Soviets stormed Berlin. After the capital was captured, the men of the operation codenamed Firebreather Squad was abandoned. Behind enemy lines, with no provisions or medical supplies of any kind. It was never known what became of them, and the men were never mentioned again in any files of the German government.

The Amazon Basin, Present Day

In a small fishing village on the Amazon Basin, a local man and tour guide by the name of Renan Costa makes a living giving tours of the Amazon Basin, the river itself and the jungle. These are not regular tours, though. He takes his tourists deep into the heart of the jungle, regions untouched by civilization and seen almost never by man. They aren't the most legal of operations, nor is it cheap, but people with a strong sense of adventure flock. They stay out in the jungle far from civilization for at least a week and possibly more, in most of his tours. Even in his years of doing this, he hasn't seen all the secrets that the jungle has to offer the adventurous.

Right, so basically, this is another treasure hunting RP that is another in what could be called a series of RPs, currently only two (this one and Bandido Riqueza, which can be found in my sig). Due to a period of absence from me, however, that one had a lot of drop outs. It's still chugging along slowly, though. Anyway, it had plenty of interest, and so I decided to create another setting for what seemed to be a popular sort of adventure--the treasure hunt.

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Equipment (You won't be beginning this RP with any firearms.):
Bio:
RP Sample:

Name: Renan Costa
Nationality: Brazilian
Appearance:

Equipment (You won't be beginning this RP with any firearms.): Sharpened machete, bug spray, 3 water cantines, about a week's worth of rations, flashlight and kindling
Bio: Born in the same village that he starts te tours in, Renan was always adventerous as a boy. He would wander down the banks of the Amazon and its tributaries for minutes upon hours, beholding the river that sustained him and his family and exploring parts of the jungle that were nearby. He was also well aware of the dangers that the jungle possessed, however, and always went prepared with a small knife that he'd carved and eventually a blow gun. It wasn't much, but he felt much more confident with those simple tools. When he was a teenager, he began exploring deeper into the jungle; mostly because he'd heard stories from the folk around that their ancestors had onced lived in great cities of stone, now overgrown with decades and maybe even centuries of lush vegetation. He began starting his 'tours' around age 24, and started locally before he began attracting foreigners. He'd eventually earned enough to move to Brasilia, where he has a permanent home. He still continues his tours from his home village however, always taking different routes and hardly ever going back to the same place twice.
RP Sample: Bitch, I'm the OP.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm

No guns?!?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Cylarn wrote:No guns?!?

Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, nazis went into da forest. They died. They had guns.

Those guns rusted, but they also had guns in much more secure locations.

I plan on the group stumbling upon firearms at one point.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Cylarn wrote:No guns?!?

Let me tell you a story.

I wanna be a bodyguard for someone.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Let me tell you a story.

I wanna be a bodyguard for someone.

EEN DAT KASE.

Make an app and we'll see.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Name: Ed Halloran.
Nationality: Irish-American.
Appearance:
Equipment (You won't be beginning this RP with any firearms.):
Bio:
RP Sample:

I'll finish it soon.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Right then, but don't get too carried away on the firepower.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Bump.

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 am

Hmmmm...this seems promising
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 am

Then by all means, make an app.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 am

Lancearc wrote:Then by all means, make an app.

:)
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

Interested, taking the medic role.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Name: Konrad Muller.
Nationality: German/Brazilian (Dual-Citizenship)
Appearance: http://www.theshaunsays.com/wp-content/ ... oldman.jpg
Equipment (You won't be beginning this RP with any firearms.): Water Bottle, Walking stick, bag, short supplies of food and water. Also, 1940's map of area.
Bio: Born in 1928, Konrad was conscripted in to the Army aged just 17, he served as an intelligence officer and was assingned to Operation Rainy Day, he was one of the men who was tasked to go to Brazil and find gold to fund the war effort. When he reached Brazil he and his other soldiers became separated, after 1 week of wandering the Amazon rainforrest he eventually reached a small village where he was cared for. It was not until 1947 that he left the village and reached one of the main cities where he found out the war had ended and that his country was in an even worse state than when he left. He never revealed his past and quickly picked up the Portugese language. He would try to raise enough funds to go back home, but lack of jobs and income meant that he never would see his homeland again. Instead he travelled back to the small village where he settled and was accepted, although he never forgot the mission that he was meant to carry out. He was tempted to go and look for his comrades to see if they were dead, lost or still wandering the jungle not even knowing the war was over. He never did though, but after hearing about guided tours into the exact area where he was over 60 years ago he could not resist but tag along hoping to provide any information if the tour discovered anything to do with the mission he was separated from.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=218762
Last edited by St Lucoa on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clint Eastwood: "Dobermans, a guard tower and a wire fence."
Richard Burton: "Fences can be cut or climbed Lieutenant."

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.
RP population is 70,000 and it's millitary size is just 4,000.
FACTBOOK http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... 4139Leader

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Accepted.

Interesting to have a Rainy Day soldier.

I imagine he never laid eyes on the gold?

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Lancearc wrote:Accepted.

No, he never seen it, as he was separated from his company. Thanks for accepting me, my friend.
Clint Eastwood: "Dobermans, a guard tower and a wire fence."
Richard Burton: "Fences can be cut or climbed Lieutenant."

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.
RP population is 70,000 and it's millitary size is just 4,000.
FACTBOOK http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... 4139Leader

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:48 pm

St Lucoa wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Accepted.

No, he never seen it, as he was separated from his company. Thanks for accepting me, my friend.

No problem, spread the word.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 am

Bump.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 am

Name: Daniel Mercury
Nationality: Italian
Appearance: TBD
Equipment (You won't be beginning this RP with any firearms.): Complete Medical hit, Knife, Emergency surgical hit.
Bio: TBD
RP Sample: TBD

I'll finish this later.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse