NATION

PASSWORD

New Life RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalinovo
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinovo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Lewina wrote:
Kalinovo wrote:
"Sure, I'd like to," Katia said with enthusiasm. She was excited to go to eat with Steve.

"Do you mind walking there? It's not that far from here." He said walking up next to her.

Katia was used to walking, as she didn't own a car or bicycle. "No, I don't mind walking. It's a nice enough day to, despite what just happened to the mayor."

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Kalinovo wrote:
Lewina wrote:"Do you mind walking there? It's not that far from here." He said walking up next to her.

Katia was used to walking, as she didn't own a car or bicycle. "No, I don't mind walking. It's a nice enough day to, despite what just happened to the mayor."

The quickly walked to the diner talking a little to each other. When they arrived Steve opened the door for her and took a seat. He motioned her over. "So why'd you come to America?" He asked waiting for a waiter to come.
Being NJ since '96

Kalinovo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinovo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Lewina wrote:
Kalinovo wrote:

The quickly walked to the diner talking a little to each other. When they arrived Steve opened the door for her and took a seat. He motioned her over. "So why'd you come to America?" He asked waiting for a waiter to come.

Katia sat down, admiring the interior of the American diner. She looked at the other people in the diner, and at what they were eating. "Thank you so much for bringing me here. I am grateful." She thought for a while about why she'd come to America, and realised that she didn't have a really good reason. "I guess I came here for the opportunity, but there was opportunity in Slovakia too. I also wanted to get away from it all."

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Kalinovo wrote:
Lewina wrote:The quickly walked to the diner talking a little to each other. When they arrived Steve opened the door for her and took a seat. He motioned her over. "So why'd you come to America?" He asked waiting for a waiter to come.

Katia sat down, admiring the interior of the American diner. She looked at the other people in the diner, and at what they were eating. "Thank you so much for bringing me here. I am grateful." She thought for a while about why she'd come to America, and realised that she didn't have a really good reason. "I guess I came here for the opportunity, but there was opportunity in Slovakia too. I also wanted to get away from it all."

"Do you miss your family?" He asked.
Being NJ since '96

Kalinovo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinovo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Lewina wrote:
Kalinovo wrote:

"Do you miss your family?" He asked.

Katia thought about her mother and father, and her brothers. "Yes, I do miss them, but I still talk to them as often as I can."

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Kalinovo wrote:
Lewina wrote:"Do you miss your family?" He asked.

Katia thought about her mother and father, and her brothers. "Yes, I do miss them, but I still talk to them as often as I can."

"So tell me about yourself, what was it like there?"
Being NJ since '96

Kalinovo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinovo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Lewina wrote:
Kalinovo wrote:

"So tell me about yourself, what was it like there?"

"Well, I grew up in Bratislava. My father was a well known doctor, but he has retired now. My older brother is a professional hockey player, so he has become well known. I guess he's part of the reason I came to America. He plays in New Jersey, though."

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Kalinovo wrote:
Lewina wrote:"So tell me about yourself, what was it like there?"

"Well, I grew up in Bratislava. My father was a well known doctor, but he has retired now. My older brother is a professional hockey player, so he has become well known. I guess he's part of the reason I came to America. He plays in New Jersey, though."

"Hmm... That's nice. So what do you like to do?"
Being NJ since '96

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am

Back at the town hall, Rhodes and the officers scanned the area and moved out to perform security checks of the enemy troops, checking form any hidden explosives under them, as well as checking to see if they're actually dead, or just faking it. Everything had turned into a shit show, and reports had come in about the police station fending off an attack. Ed had moved to Wotoke to get his son away from the bad influences of New York, and problems seemed to follow him to the sleepy town. The Mayor was shot, and Ed needed to do something about this violence.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am

Over on 4th Avenue, Adelaide came down to the quiet street, well away from any goings on, in one had a bucket full of warm water, in the other a sponge. A spray bottle of de-gunk was hanging off the bucket by its trigger, for there was something that was annoying her, a patch of dirty windscreen.

At the truck, Adel placed the bucket down on the pavement and dipped the sponge into the water, then climbed up onto the bull bar, taking a firm grip with her right hand, she began to carefully clean the windshield as the one thing that does her head in is a dirty windshield, both inside and out, after wiping the dirty area with the sponge before stuffing the sponge into the mesh of the bull bar. Adel then climbs down and picks up the bottle of degunk, before climbing back up onto the bullbar again. Once standing back on the bullbar she begins to squiet the fluid generously on the windshield, as it comes in contact with the water, the spray foams up in a strong alkali lather.

With the lather forming nicely, Adel pulls the sponge out of the bullbar and begins to wipe the windshield of her truck, taking care to get into the corners at the bottom, as well as the upper portion that is hidden from view by the visor.

As she carries out this task she is singing whistling dixie.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

There it was: The town sign of Wotoke. Martin had to drive a long way to come here and he didn't even have a place to live yet. His car was enough for now. He had clothes to change and money to buy stuff. Wotoke seemed to be a nice city, but Martin knew not to trust the look of something. A sign outside told him where he was: Pioneer St. Pioneer Street, I guess, he thought to himself and continued driving on the road. Martin didn't know much about his new hometown, but he knew where to find the city hall. As he finally saw it he parked his car and walked towards the building. Hopefully there'd be someone to help him finding a place to live in this town.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Vredlandia wrote:There it was: The town sign of Wotoke. Martin had to drive a long way to come here and he didn't even have a place to live yet. His car was enough for now. He had clothes to change and money to buy stuff. Wotoke seemed to be a nice city, but Martin knew not to trust the look of something. A sign outside told him where he was: Pioneer St. Pioneer Street, I guess, he thought to himself and continued driving on the road. Martin didn't know much about his new hometown, but he knew where to find the city hall. As he finally saw it he parked his car and walked towards the building. Hopefully there'd be someone to help him finding a place to live in this town.

Brooklyn raised her hand to the approaching man. "You can't come through her sir." Brooklyn said firmly, she had shown up later and was now helping maintain the area, she was angry at what happened here, she could feel the rage burning inside her and she was hoping for some payback on the sumbags that did this.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Galdius wrote:Brooklyn raised her hand to the approaching man. "You can't come through her sir." Brooklyn said firmly, she had shown up later and was now helping maintain the area, she was angry at what happened here, she could feel the rage burning inside her and she was hoping for some payback on the sumbags that did this.

Martin smiled weakly. "Excuse me madam, I'm new to this town and didn't expect this to be closed. What happened?", he asked. Did he want to know it at all? He already guessed the town would be not as peaceful as it looked like, but he didn't expect being confronted with its problems that early. "You see, I actually wanted to get some help with finding a new apartment in Wotoke", Martin said to explain his attendance.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Vredlandia wrote:
Galdius wrote:Brooklyn raised her hand to the approaching man. "You can't come through her sir." Brooklyn said firmly, she had shown up later and was now helping maintain the area, she was angry at what happened here, she could feel the rage burning inside her and she was hoping for some payback on the sumbags that did this.

Martin smiled weakly. "Excuse me madam, I'm new to this town and didn't expect this to be closed. What happened?", he asked. Did he want to know it at all? He already guessed the town would be not as peaceful as it looked like, but he didn't expect being confronted with its problems that early. "You see, I actually wanted to get some help with finding a new apartment in Wotoke", Martin said to explain his attendance.

"Well sir, there been a shooting, currently the whole of town hall has been cordoned off, I would recommend staying in a hotel, this should be wrapped up by tomorrow."
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Galdius wrote:"Well sir, there been a shooting, currently the whole of town hall has been cordoned off, I would recommend staying in a hotel, this should be wrapped up by tomorrow."

His facial expression went cold as ice. "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Could you tell me where the hotel is, please?"

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm

"theres a fairly good one on the end of maple street, I would recommend staying there." she said lightly "and I would recommend parking the car away from that area, car theft in that area is pretty high."
Ave Alea Necis

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Galdius wrote:"theres a fairly good one on the end of maple street, I would recommend staying there." she said lightly "and I would recommend parking the car away from that area, car theft in that area is pretty high."

"I see. Thank you for your help. May I know your name? It may not be the best time to ask for it, but your contact seems not to be that bad considering there are shootings and car thefts in this town." Martin tried to smile again and played with the keys of his car.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Vredlandia wrote:
Galdius wrote:"theres a fairly good one on the end of maple street, I would recommend staying there." she said lightly "and I would recommend parking the car away from that area, car theft in that area is pretty high."

"I see. Thank you for your help. May I know your name? It may not be the best time to ask for it, but your contact seems not to be that bad considering there are shootings and car thefts in this town." Martin tried to smile again and played with the keys of his car.

"Officer McRae and don't worry about it, If you have any more problems I would recommend heading to the information center If you have any more problems sir."
Ave Alea Necis

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Galdius wrote:"Officer McRae and don't worry about it, If you have any more problems I would recommend heading to the information center If you have any more problems sir."

Martin nodded. "Of course. Well, I'll leave then. Once again: Thanks." After he said Bye to the Officer, Martin grabbed his keys again and walked to the recommended Hotel. As he entered his room he was glad to be able to let himself fall on the bed after such an exhausting day. But one thing made him think. If there was a shooting at the city hall, shouldn't the city be crowded with police and agents? Martin had to be careful. Of course, the U.S. knew there were foreign agents in their nation and Germany knew the U.S: sent their own agents, but he didn't want to be detected though. Martin switched the TV on and sank further into his bed.

Nytavuthar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nytavuthar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm

After the shooting, the state legislature unanimously voted to send in FBI Detectives to scout the town until they find is the leader behind all these crimes. Many of the citizens will have to take background checks to be able to get out or in. Most of the food will have to come from the river. Now what will the town of Wotoke do now that their pretty town is now turned into a warzone where crime is rampant and trouble is everywhere?e
Last edited by Nytavuthar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Martin woke up late and didn't notice the chaos in the town. In fact he was more shocked by the fact that he left the TV on as he fell asleep. He then got out of his bed, ate a pancake he bought yesterday, brushed his teeth, showered and packed his stuff again. Martin hoped to be able to get a place to live today, no matter the costs. After having checked out he decided to walk to the City Hall again.

OOC: I'll go to bed now so if someone decides to reply to this post - please inform me via TG

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Lewina on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being NJ since '96

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

With the truck's windscreen clean, Adel made her way to her apartment just around the corner on 5th avenue, though she is on the 6th floor, she doesn't use the elevator but instead takes the stairs.

Once inside her aprtment, Adel turns on her laptop and soes some scanning of google maps to gather names and addresses., then after joting down names, starts to do google searches for their contact details, after which she then types a simple, but informative email offering her services as a "logistical technician", a more politically correct term for "truck driver"
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Back at his house the next day, Rhodes took his day off to prepare his family for the worst. After what had happened the other day, he wasn't willing to take chances with safety. On the kitchen table were a few of his guns. They consisted of a SiG P226, a Colt M1911A1, a Kimber Desert Warrior, a Colt Lawman, a Colt Single-Action, a SiG 556 Semi-Automatic Rifle, his Colt M4 that was issued to him by the police, a Mossberg 590, a Remington 700, and a Stoeger Coach Gun, along with boxes of ammo. He simply cleaned his weapons as he watched news reports about the violence the other day, and various clips showed him during the gunfight. Some of the reports even mentioned that he "saved" the Mayor's life. All he did was move the Mayor to cover, and lead the other officers in repelling the Mafia assault. Thankfully, his wife and son both knew how to use the weapons that they owned, sparing Ed from having to take time to train both of them.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Deithwyr
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deithwyr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Carl walked out to the park. He was ging to wait for Eve to come out and he walk with her home, so he could protect her in case a crime happened. Kurt ride the bus home and had to walk about 50 feet to reach the door in. He had a glock on him. So he sat down and waited.
We speak Welsh in my nation, ok?
Left/Right: 6.62, Authoritarian/Libertarian; -7.69

Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse