Page 276 of 499

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Fire-resistant plants?

...How?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm
by Ende
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Fire-resistant plants?

...How?

It's Hell and evolution is pretty cool?

I suppose if you don't like that explanation, there is the alternate explanation of...Loki happened?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:52 pm
by AETEN II
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Fire-resistant plants?

...How?

You ever heard of Redwoods?

They like fire. In fact, Redwoods only reproduce when burned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Ende wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Fire-resistant plants?

...How?

It's Hell and evolution is pretty cool?

I suppose if you don't like that explanation, there is the alternate explanation of...Loki happened?

I'm just pointing that it doesn't make much sense.

Not that anything here does. I just exploded a taxi cab through a skyscraper because fuck yeah.

Speaking of, reply to Megan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm
by Ende
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Ende wrote:It's Hell and evolution is pretty cool?

I suppose if you don't like that explanation, there is the alternate explanation of...Loki happened?

I'm just pointing that it doesn't make much sense.

Not that anything here does. I just exploded a taxi cab through a skyscraper because fuck yeah.

Speaking of, reply to Megan.

Fuck you, magic!

It makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:54 pm
by Olthar
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Olthar wrote:Actually, high intelligence was incredibly common with the PCs. Last time I bothered with the stat sheet, there were three characters with an intelligence of five and ten above it. Seriously, there were seven characters with maxed-out INT. :/

(shrug)

They rarely show it, so I assumed otherwise.

Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:(shrug)

They rarely show it, so I assumed otherwise.

Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

D is smart enough to know what's going on and deduced Azazel's plan from some sparse observations.

He's also smart enough to know he can't stop it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 pm
by AETEN II
Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:(shrug)

They rarely show it, so I assumed otherwise.

Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

In reality have level ten intelligence would kill you, or you'd need a pocket dimension within your head to contain that amount of knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm
by Constaniana
Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:(shrug)

They rarely show it, so I assumed otherwise.

Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

Well, Eldliam only has an INT 3 stat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Constaniana wrote:
Olthar wrote:Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

Well, Eldliam only has an INT 3 stat.

And he has a stupid name. Your point?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Name: Rosalind Jameson

Age (Actual): 13

Age (Appears): 13

Race: Human, or something like it.

Appearance: Rosalind looks quite sickly, if that is the right way to put it. It isn't, so let me elaborate.

She's humanoid, obviously, and fundamentally like us. However, her proportions are quite alien. She stands at a mere 3 feet, 2 inches, weighing only 66 lbs. Her head is slightly smaller than what would make sense, and though her shrewd green eyes take up about a fifth of her face, they are sunken deeply into her skull and constantly squinting. Her ears are small afterthoughts, but her nose is large and sharp, her nostrils twice the size of what is normal and are constantly, involuntarily flared. Her lips are thin and constantly pursed. Her thin, lifeless red hair hangs limply from her head in a cascade of negligence. Though her skin is smooth, her brow is constantly knit in scrutiny and the beginnings of crows' feet can be seen, despite her very young age. She is slim, to the extent of looking starved, though she is not. She is deathly pale, paler even than bone, but does not burn in the Sun. In fact, she seems incapable of feeling warmth, and scurries away from the light as a rat does. Her arms are slightly longer than her legs, and her feet are quite Hobbit-y. She is quite plain, though her face may have one day been cherubic had it not been worn. She often dresses in ill-fitting and loose clothes, simply out of necessity. Make-up and such are of no concern to her.

Powergrid/Powers:
INT: 5
STR: 2
SPD: 2
DUR: 2
MAG: 3
FS: 3
CHR: 3

Silvertongue Lv. 6- Basically plagiarized Awe from AWB. Rosalind can speak to someone and get what she wants easily. An intellect of 1-, the dumb-ass will immediately do what Rosalind asks without thinking. An intelligence of 2-3 will be strongly compelled to do as she says, though resistance is possible. A 4-5 will feel a nagging desire to do as she likes, but resistance is easier. It barely works on intellects of 6+, if at all. She cannot make anything above a 0 outright kill itself directly, unless it wants to.

Walking Shadow Lv. 6 - Not quite invisibility, obviously, that's impossible, but more of a perception filter. People are naturally compelled to ignore her. This power, much like the last, is dictated by intelligence. Dumbfucks at 1- will not notice her at all, no matter what she does (unless she shoots them or some shit). 2-3's won't see her until she makes direct contact with them. 4-5's won't see her, but will notice her if she makes any loud noises or similar disturbances. She'll be ignored, but barely perceived, by 4's. If they're looking for her, or just alert, they'll see her. Anything above that, she may as well be running in with sparklers strapped to her back. This power does not work when the sun is shining brightly - luckily, Rosalind lives in Britain.

Weaknesses: She, though already world-weary, is not wise. In fact, she is quite naive. She is also physically meek, and dreads the Sun and iron, which both weaken her.

Personality: She looks the bitter, wretched goblin, and often is. She is distrustful of people, extremely misanthropic, and very much inclined to disdain. She is resentful of the human race, and quite likely to tell you, but only if you show yourself deserving (though she is a harsh judge). This is not to say she lacks a quality of mercy; she hates with words, but is loving in action. She will help others, even if those others are, by all means, dicks. She is adverse to confrontation, preferring to shrink away and escape; not because of cowardice, but strategy. She is not strong, but smart (if ignorant and easily fooled on occasion), and her powers provide her with a vast tactical advantage over others. She is not honest to any extent, perfectly willing to throw away her word, but she will aide her friends and allies if she can. She is quite shy, obviously, and prefers to keep her thoughts to herself - unless you upset her (which is difficult), at which point she will be quite verbose about how much you suck.

History: Well, what is there to say that you don't already know? She was born to Lewis Jameson and Megan Jameson (nee Kelly - she dropped it from her name over the gap) way back in 2017, not long after the attack on Morgana's castle in Hell. Her birthday, we'll say, is the 30th of November. She lived a (relatively) uneventful life with her mother and father, doing insane shit as a family, for her first two years. However, insane shit is expensive, as are weddings, so her father returned to Elfen High to teach Geography while her mother sought a job in nearby Norfolk. Both found it and they moved into a cozy home not far from the school for a few months. Rosalind was happiest now, though she lacks any distinct memory of it.

Then, shit happened, a lot of people fucked up, and Rosalind was kidnapped by Azazel. What happened in his damned halls of Hell is impossible to say - not even Daisuke and D can figure out quite what he did (though, to be fair, they didn't really try) - but it seems to have been a blend of torture and genetic engineering. What emerged was a powerful demoness known as Lilith, who could spawn new creatures dubbed "Wormwoods" by a certain Irish girl and shapeshift. Rosalind has not shown any ability to do such things since her father's death, however, and can't remember the ordeal in the first place. It is typically thought best not to tell her.

She has nightmares, however. People named "Black" and "White" haunt her sleep, Azazel's laugh echoing in the chamber of her skull, her father's final words booming like thunder. She cannot remember these dreams in the morning, but she knows they mean something. She knows, in some part of her being, that Lilith shall return someday.

On the other hand, she likes muffins.

RP Sample: What's an "RP"?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:58 pm
by Olthar
AETEN II wrote:
Olthar wrote:Not a single character so far has really had realistic intelligence, most probably because none of us are that smart in real life. :p

In reality have level ten intelligence would kill you, or you'd need a pocket dimension within your head to contain that amount of knowledge.

Intelligence =/= knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 pm
by AETEN II
Olthar wrote:
AETEN II wrote:In reality have level ten intelligence would kill you, or you'd need a pocket dimension within your head to contain that amount of knowledge.

Intelligence =/= knowledge.

Intelligence results in a craving for knowledge. I can easily imagine that in the future as more people appreciate science and seek knowledge of it out, their brains will suffer.
I'd doubt that somebody on the scale of ten in this rp would be content with knowing mere facts and not be constantly looking for everything with worthwhile information.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm
by Olthar
AETEN II wrote:
Olthar wrote:Intelligence =/= knowledge.

Intelligence results in a craving for knowledge. I can easily imagine that in the future as more people appreciate science and seek knowledge of it out, their brains will suffer.
I'd doubt that somebody on the scale of ten in this rp would be content with knowing mere facts and not be constantly looking for everything with worthwhile information.

A craving for knowledge results in a craving for knowledge. Intelligence merely results in intelligence. Correlation does not equal causation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm
by Nude East Ireland
"The fusion box is failing, but that's obvious," D said into the communicator.

Daisuke sighed. "Yes, because the accelerator cannot handle it. These tanks aren't made for-"

"Just do what I say, Taka. I'm sure you can handle it," D replied, as he hung up. He sighed, and fell back into his chair.

It was quiet for a moment, as D examined one of the seven computer screens that was spread throughout his desk area. It was one of three desks, each having a good number of screens. This particular one had three computer towers, four keyboards, and six mouses. He spun his chair around when he heard the sipping of coffee.

"Took you a good seven minutes and thirty-three seconds to notice me," Tim replied. He tossed his coffee cup onto a pile of other empty ones.

"False, the third screen from the left on the far desk is a security camera of this room, and I noticed you on it two minutes and five seconds after your arrival."

Tim nodded. "Impressive."

"Surprised?"

"Never."

"What is your advise?"

"On the tank? Exhaust spouts from Volvo, computer technology from Apple-Microsoft, and an energy source."

"Magic energy?"

"There's no other kind with me."

"Indeed."

D smiled. "You're a good friend, Tim."

"Thanks, D," Tim replied. "I was just stopping by, though. I have to work."

"Work?"

"Detective work. Meaningless, but it's better than nothing."

"Good luck. Probably the maid."

"Definitely."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:06 pm
by AETEN II
Olthar wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Intelligence results in a craving for knowledge. I can easily imagine that in the future as more people appreciate science and seek knowledge of it out, their brains will suffer.
I'd doubt that somebody on the scale of ten in this rp would be content with knowing mere facts and not be constantly looking for everything with worthwhile information.

A craving for knowledge results in a craving for knowledge. Intelligence merely results in intelligence. Correlation does not equal causation.

The process is more accurately described

Superior Mutations/Development of Brain -> Intelligence -> Craving of Knowledge -> Acquired Knowledge -> Greater Intelligence -> Craving of Knowledge -> etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Nude East Ireland wrote:
"The fusion box is failing, but that's obvious," D said into the communicator.

Daisuke sighed. "Yes, because the accelerator cannot handle it. These tanks aren't made for-"

"Just do what I say, Taka. I'm sure you can handle it," D replied, as he hung up. He sighed, and fell back into his chair.

It was quiet for a moment, as D examined one of the seven computer screens that was spread throughout his desk area. It was one of three desks, each having a good number of screens. This particular one had three computer towers, four keyboards, and six mouses. He spun his chair around when he heard the sipping of coffee.

"Took you a good seven minutes and thirty-three seconds to notice me," Tim replied. He tossed his coffee cup onto a pile of other empty ones.

"False, the third screen from the left on the far desk is a security camera of this room, and I noticed you on it two minutes and five seconds after your arrival."

Tim nodded. "Impressive."

"Surprised?"

"Never."

"What is your advise?"

"On the tank? Exhaust spouts from Volvo, computer technology from Apple-Microsoft, and an energy source."

"Magic energy?"

"There's no other kind with me."

"Indeed."

D smiled. "You're a good friend, Tim."

"Thanks, D," Tim replied. "I was just stopping by, though. I have to work."

"Work?"

"Detective work. Meaningless, but it's better than nothing."

"Good luck. Probably the maid."

"Definitely."

"It took you seven min- why am I bleeding from all of my orifices?"

"Experiments."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 pm
by Olthar
Four keyboards and six mice are useless if there are only three computers. Computers can really only use one of each. The extras would just be pointlessly redundant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:09 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Olthar wrote:Four keyboards and six mice are useless if there are only three computers. Computers can really only use one of each. The extras would just be pointlessly redundant.

Implying that D cares for efficiency.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 pm
by Liriena
Are posting apps already? :blink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 pm
by Olthar
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Olthar wrote:Four keyboards and six mice are useless if there are only three computers. Computers can really only use one of each. The extras would just be pointlessly redundant.

Implying that D cares for efficiency.

It's not about efficiency. It's about one keyboard and three mice that'll sit there collecting dust because they'll never be touched.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 pm
by Olthar
Liriena wrote:Are posting apps already? :blink:

Jackie and Nat seem to be doing so even though the powergrids will all need to be redone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:14 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Olthar wrote:
Liriena wrote:Are posting apps already? :blink:

Jackie and Nat seem to be doing so even though the powergrids will all need to be redone.

If we're just adding Charisma, Night has already gone on record as saying that he'll be adding 4 points.

So I'm adding 4 points.

I'm doing it now while I have time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:14 pm
by Individuality-ness
Olthar wrote:
Liriena wrote:Are posting apps already? :blink:

Jackie and Nat seem to be doing so even though the powergrids will all need to be redone.

Still waiting for them to be redone before I fix my app.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm
by Nationstatelandsville
Name: Megan Jameson

Age (Actual): 41

Age (Appears): 41

Race: Human of some myriad variety; Irish.

Appearance (Picture or good description): A tall, vaguely brown young woman who is rather attractive, for a forty-year-old mother. If that's your thing, I guess.

Powergrid/Powers: Level Infinity Determination

INT 2
STR 2
DUR 2
SPD 1
FS 3
CHR 4

Weaknesses: Maternal instinct and the like. Doesn't let go of grudges easily. Makes a lot of rash decisions.

Personality: Bitter and reclusive, Megan hasn't laughed in ten years. Smiled, perhaps, for her children, but never laughed. Megan is cynical and sullen, never learning to cope properly with grief as a child and paying hell for it now. Despite this, she is genuinely nurturing to her children, who are much more independent than she would like.

History: Farm girl. Rebelled. Met Lewis. Shit happened. Gave birth. Lewis moved in. AAAAAAAAAAAAADVEEEEEEEENTUUUUUUURE! Moved to Elfen High. You know the story.

She now works as the school Biology teacher, replacing Minh. She appears in public only to teach her class and avoids any kind of social event - particularly any involving one Aleister Crowley. She's not well-liked by staff or student, though her children genuinely love her and there is, to be intentionally vague, another she holds dear.

RP Sample: No speak English.