NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 4, Closed, No Morals Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm

I just finished the first book a few minutes ago and now I'm planning to start watching the actual show (because I have to read the original material before watching adaptations. It's a personal preference of mine which I never really break.).

Joffrey needs to fucking die.
Last edited by Ende on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

I need to watch that show. People keep telling me to, including Aliana who watches it religiously.

I prefer my Phineas and Ferb, really. :p
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Ende wrote:

I just finished the first book a few minutes ago and now I'm planning to start watching the actual show (because I have to read the original material before watching adaptations. It's a personal preference of mine which I never really break.).

Maybe stay away from my second-by-second breakdown then. It's a little spoilery.

I know a bunch of people who do it like that. I watched the first season of the show, then read the first two books, then watched the second season, then read the rest of the books. It's just how it worked out.

That he does. But George R. R. Martin makes you wait for it. He makes you beg for it.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm

OK, that was just a quick bullshit post.

I'm making a real and good one now.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Ende wrote:I just finished the first book a few minutes ago and now I'm planning to start watching the actual show (because I have to read the original material before watching adaptations. It's a personal preference of mine which I never really break.).

Maybe stay away from my second-by-second breakdown then. It's a little spoilery.

I know a bunch of people who do it like that. I watched the first season of the show, then read the first two books, then watched the second season, then read the rest of the books. It's just how it worked out.

That he does. But George R. R. Martin makes you wait for it. He makes you beg for it.

Eddard Stark was one of the most likable characters in the book (well, asides from Tyrion), and then right as you're expecting him to get spared from death and get sent to the Wall (which, though it may not be that great, is much better than death, and, besides, at least he gets to see Jon again, right? (actually, knowing Eddard, that probably wouldn't be much of a highlight)), wham, decapitation.

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't pissed about that.
Last edited by Ende on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm

The only problem with trying to read the series now (fifteen years after the first book was published) is that there are spoilers. Fucking. Everywhere.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Ende wrote:The only problem with trying to read the series now (fifteen years after the first book was published) is that there are spoilers. Fucking. Everywhere.

Is that the spoiler?

If so, I'm interested.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Ende wrote:The only problem with trying to read the series now (fifteen years after the first book was published) is that there are spoilers. Fucking. Everywhere.

Is that the spoiler?

If so, I'm interested.

There is a lot of fucking, admittedly.
Last edited by Ende on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm

I am preparing for the eventuality I read them (I've got to finish Good Omens and read Life of Pi and Confederacy of Dunces first) by being completely ignorant of who anyone is and immediately forgetting what I just read.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Ende wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Maybe stay away from my second-by-second breakdown then. It's a little spoilery.

Eddard Stark was one of the most likable characters in the book (well, asides from Tyrion), and then right as you're expecting him to get spared from death and get sent to the Wall (which, though it may not be that great, is much better than death, and, besides, at least he gets to see Jon again, right? (actually, knowing Eddard, that probably wouldn't be much of a highlight)), wham, decapitation.

It was devastating. George R. R. Martin loves the taste of our tears. It was a great tone-setter though. From then on, you know that no one is safe. Although in the last couple books he's had a habit of ending chapters with major characters looking like they're about to die and then when you see them next they're actually fine. It's ruined the dangerous atmosphere a little bit.

Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. I'm probably not helping.
Justice for Jane Doe

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Ende wrote:Eddard Stark was one of the most likable characters in the book (well, asides from Tyrion), and then right as you're expecting him to get spared from death and get sent to the Wall (which, though it may not be that great, is much better than death, and, besides, at least he gets to see Jon again, right? (actually, knowing Eddard, that probably wouldn't be much of a highlight)), wham, decapitation.

It was devastating. George R. R. Martin loves the taste of our tears. It was a great tone-setter though. From then on, you know that no one is safe. Although in the last couple books he's had a habit of ending chapters with major characters looking like they're about to die and then when you see them next they're actually fine. It's ruined the dangerous atmosphere a little bit.

Well, I knew that nobody was safe from the first couple of pages - I mean, what kind of a book starts off by introducing three characters and then killing them all? The atmosphere was set relatively quickly - I liked that. It's weird, though - the books are incredibly long and packed with details, and yet they're almost impossible to put down (which is almost contradictory, because usually I don't like books of that length).

Also, Littlefinger is a complete and utter bastard, but for some reason, I still like him.

Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. I'm probably not helping.

Relax, it's fine. You haven't spoiled anything.
Last edited by Ende on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Ende wrote:
Erinkita wrote:It was devastating. George R. R. Martin loves the taste of our tears. It was a great tone-setter though. From then on, you know that no one is safe. Although in the last couple books he's had a habit of ending chapters with major characters looking like they're about to die and then when you see them next they're actually fine. It's ruined the dangerous atmosphere a little bit.

Well, I knew that nobody was safe from the first couple of pages - I mean, what kind of a book starts off by introducing three characters and then killing them all? The atmosphere was set relatively quickly - I liked that. It's weird, though - the books are incredibly long and packed with details, and yet they're almost impossible to put down (which is almost contradictory, because usually I don't like books of that length).

Also, Littlefinger is a complete and utter bastard, but for some reason, I still like him.

Relax, it's fine. You haven't spoiled anything.

Lots of stories start off with sacrificial lambs to show that things are serious. Not many kill off the main protagonist in the first book.
I like a good, long, detailed story. But I know people who usually don't but really like ASOIAF. It's a series that somehow appeals to people who otherwise have no interest in the genre. Same with the tv show.

Littlefinger often has that effect. Personally, I don't like him at all. The character I should hate but actually somehow like is Victarion Greyjoy who you'll meet briefly in the second book and get to know in the fourth.
Justice for Jane Doe

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 pm

You fucking bastard.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Ende wrote:You fucking bastard.

Told you.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Am I willing to fake the death of a young, innocent autistic child and force his father into a life of misery and sadness?

Then am I willing to make the child put through a fate worse than death?

But of course.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Am I willing to fake the death of a young...

Nat's thoughts: "Oh, shit, Arjun! Get down!"

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:...innocent...

Nat's thoughts: "Oh."

Goodbye.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 pm

She'll do it, too.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:What, the square roots of stuff? I'm presuming torture. *nod*

Torture by math? Sounds legit. :P.

I agree.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Torture by math? Sounds legit. :P.

I agree.

You dick.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I agree.

You dick.

Ran is six, by the way.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:You dick.

Ran is six, by the way.

You dick.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Ran is six, by the way.

You dick.

I see you love this new development. :lol:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:You dick.

I see you love this new development. :lol:

Yeah, that kid's gonna' die.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I see you love this new development. :lol:

Yeah, that kid's gonna' die.

Look, children are basically small and unemployed.

Azazel is just helping the local economy and saving resources.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 pm

"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse