NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 4, Closed, No Morals Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:God never appeared in the RP.

I'm just going to smile and nod.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Olthar wrote:If he never shows up, then there's no point in him even existing. He's just some unimportant guy who sits around in the background and never does anything worthwhile. Things are happening now that are catching the attention of virtually every important being in existence. If Uriel never shows up, then he clearly doesn't belong in that category. If he never shows up, then even people like Nameless Mook #699383 are more important to the universe and the course of history than he is.

God never appeared in the RP. So I guess that means he had nothing important to do with EH. :P

*shrug*

There's still a whole Arc to go through which will be longer than 1 and 2 combined. We don't know if Yahweh will appear or not. Though, I'm still holding to the prediction I made earlier, so I'm putting my money on "will."

EDIT: And Nat is being very obvious about it, too. :P
Last edited by Olthar on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Olthar wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:God never appeared in the RP. So I guess that means he had nothing important to do with EH. :P

*shrug*

There's still a whole Arc to go through which will be longer than 1 and 2 combined. We don't know if Yahweh will appear or not. Though, I'm still holding to the prediction I made earlier, so I'm putting my money on "will."

This is the way I see it - I fucking hate shows that intentionally end without the main plot resolved.

And Uriel is, in a roundabout way, the main villain.

Goodbye.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Some things happen that will change that.

I hardly even know the plot and I know that Uriel would be a damned fool to not destroy Elfen High immediately.

Why would he? He lives in another dimension with an army of Angels. Not Calliel Angels, but propaganda-fed warrior Angels. And they won't be using swords and SMGs - they'll be telepathically exploding heads and disintegrating people.

Or, y'know, not, because that's complete fucking horseshit and turns a fight into a godmodding dick-waving contest where the only way to win is to lynch the OP with his own intestines.

Magic is not a fucking "I Win" button, unless you want your work of fiction to be more horrid than Twilight.

Ende wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:We're currently trashing the biggest capital city of the biggest empire in Hell with tech that's either upgraded forms of modern technology or limited prototypes.

When humanity has access to even more advanced technology in large numbers, and Heaven is still using swords and bows with magic as a crutch? Oh, how joyous the destruction will be...

The only reason the human armies have not been utterly crushed on the field of battle is because a: bears, b: Richard, c: Crowleys, d: Heavensgate's army.

Without those, we wouldn't have a battle. It would be a curb-stomp.

We have properly-made weapons that are solely designed for engaging the enemy at range. The demons have swords and axes and shitty knock-offs that are worthless, as well as the training to use them properly. The only thing humanity doesn't have right now is the strength of numbers - Right now it's primarily the ISSR (which wouldn't have that many people available) and a few reinforcements from Earth in Dys. When humanity can attack en-masse with even more advanced technology? Good luck stopping us without allies of your own.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Olthar wrote:*shrug*

This is the way I see it - I fucking hate shows that intentionally end without the main plot resolved.

And Uriel is, in a roundabout way, the main villain.

Yeah, that's just annoying.

"You know those characters you've been following for the past four seasons? Completely unimportant and will never do anything worthwhile. We are all laughing so much about all the time we made you waste."

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Why would he? He lives in another dimension with an army of Angels. Not Calliel Angels, but propaganda-fed warrior Angels. And they won't be using swords and SMGs - they'll be telepathically exploding heads and disintegrating people.

Or, y'know, not, because that's complete fucking horseshit and turns a fight into a godmodding dick-waving contest where the only way to win is to lynch the OP with his own intestines.

Magic is not a fucking "I Win" button, unless you want your work of fiction to be more horrid than Twilight.

Ende wrote:The only reason the human armies have not been utterly crushed on the field of battle is because a: bears, b: Richard, c: Crowleys, d: Heavensgate's army.

We have properly-made weapons that are solely designed for engaging the enemy at range. The demons have swords and axes and shitty knock-offs that are worthless, as well as the training to use them properly. The only thing humanity doesn't have right now is the strength of numbers - Right now it's primarily the ISSR (which wouldn't have that many people available) and a few reinforcements from Earth in Dys. When humanity can attack en-masse with even more advanced technology? Good luck stopping us without allies of your own.

Heaven has existed as an unified nation since the first people in the Indus Valley decided to stick some seeds in the ground and see what happens.

They cannot be destroyed easily, if at all. They've had just as much time to advance (if not in science, but in magic) and a much stronger loyalty and dedication to the fight.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I see what you mean, Olthar and Nat.

I admit, having the main plot unresolved is silly. I want Uriel to appear. But in the way he deserves.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:The only reason the human armies have not been utterly crushed on the field of battle is because a: bears, b: Richard, c: Crowleys, d: Heavensgate's army.

Let me ask - do you have a problem with Crowley's teleportation?

Just a yes or no answer.
Last edited by Ende on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:I see what you mean, Olthar and Nat.

I admit, having the main plot unresolved is silly. I want Uriel to appear. But in the way he deserves.

I don't see him coming in until the last minute.

And I don't think we'll kill him.

Even if you depose Uriel, he still wins. He's the Lord's chosen and those smelly apes just blew his head off. Who the fuck do they think they are? Let's kill them!

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:I see what you mean, Olthar and Nat.

Oh, definitely. If Uriel has a shit reveal, it'll ruin the entire RP.

No pressure, Night. :P

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Olthar wrote:
Constaniana wrote:Wait, THAT'S Lex Luthor's motivation? :blink:

I thought...he'd be at least a little more in-depth.

No it's actually not. AETEN is apparently stuck in the Pre-Crisis days.

It's the original. The original Joker as I remember was simply a psychopath. Batman used to be an even bigger badass and used a revolver instead of batarangs.

So yeah, the good guy of Gotham used to be a madman in a batsuit who would beat people to death, and if that failed, shoot them. And he was the good guy.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Olthar wrote:No it's actually not. AETEN is apparently stuck in the Pre-Crisis days.

It's the original. The original Joker as I remember was simply a psychopath. Batman used to be an even bigger badass and used a revolver instead of batarangs.

So yeah, the good guy of Gotham used to be a madman in a batsuit who would beat people to death, and if that failed, shoot them. And he was the good guy.

"Used to be"?

Goodbye.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

AETEN II wrote:It's the original. The original Joker as I remember was simply a psychopath. Batman used to be an even bigger badass and used a revolver instead of batarangs.

"Used to be"?

Current Batman isn't nearly as badass as original Batman. Or as psychopathic.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Olthar wrote:No it's actually not. AETEN is apparently stuck in the Pre-Crisis days.

Crisis on Infinite Earths literally erased the previous incarnation of all those characters. It doesn't matter if it's the original; it no longer exists.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Or, y'know, not, because that's complete fucking horseshit and turns a fight into a godmodding dick-waving contest where the only way to win is to lynch the OP with his own intestines.

Heaven has existed as an unified nation since the first people in the Indus Valley decided to stick some seeds in the ground and see what happens.

They cannot be destroyed easily, if at all. They've had just as much time to advance (if not in science, but in magic) and a much stronger loyalty and dedication to the fight.

Except magic alone is insufficient, particularly when you're controlled by a highly conservative psycho like Uriel. Heaven hasn't been allowed to advance and grow because Uriel, as a dictator, would want to keep the power all to himself. Uriel (like Azazel) I could see as being near-invincible. The average angel, even a warrior? Fodder for any sort of firearm unless they can get into close range, and if you're getting yourself caught in close quarters that quickly you're fighting a war wrong.

Ende wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:The only reason the human armies have not been utterly crushed on the field of battle is because a: bears, b: Richard, c: Crowleys, d: Heavensgate's army.

Just a yes or no answer.[/quote]
At times I have when Night has portrayed it as a "poof and now I'm stabbing you" deal, however most of the time he gives it a realistic "poof and give your body a couple seconds to recover" thing. I can't say the same for other people using teleportation (STILL WAITING ON THAT APOLOGY JACKIE), but Night at least has Crowley and Richard use magic as a tool that still requires proper use, rather than a crutch that is an instant "I Win" button.

Also, great job fucking up the quotes.
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Used to be"?

"Bad-ass" is a weird to say "asshole who is worse for the city than the people he fights".

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

AETEN II wrote:

All-Star Batman and Robin: Psychopathy abound.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Heaven has existed as an unified nation since the first people in the Indus Valley decided to stick some seeds in the ground and see what happens.

Except magic alone is insufficient, particularly when you're controlled by a highly conservative psycho like Uriel. Heaven hasn't been allowed to advance and grow because Uriel, as a dictator, would want to keep the power all to himself. Uriel (like Azazel) I could see as being near-invincible. The average angel, even a warrior? Fodder for any sort of firearm unless they can get into close range, and if you're getting yourself caught in close quarters that quickly you're fighting a war wrong.

Dictators never allow progression?

...Are you living in the same world as me?

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

AETEN II wrote:

Current Batman isn't nearly as badass as original Batman.

The original Batman gunned down vampires and bunched mobsters into vats of acid.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:39 pm

AETEN II wrote:Current Batman isn't nearly as badass as original Batman. Or as psychopathic.

"Bad-ass" is a weird to say "asshole who is worse for the city than the people he fights".

To be fair, without Batman Gotham would still be fucked, likely in an even worse way than it is now.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Except magic alone is insufficient, particularly when you're controlled by a highly conservative psycho like Uriel. Heaven hasn't been allowed to advance and grow because Uriel, as a dictator, would want to keep the power all to himself. Uriel (like Azazel) I could see as being near-invincible. The average angel, even a warrior? Fodder for any sort of firearm unless they can get into close range, and if you're getting yourself caught in close quarters that quickly you're fighting a war wrong.

Dictators never allow progression?

I'm not saying they never do, and how you could get that from what I said I have no clue, but dictators tend to heavily control the rate of progression so that they can retain their power.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Ende wrote:We have properly-made weapons that are solely designed for engaging the enemy at range. The demons have swords and axes and shitty knock-offs that are worthless, as well as the training to use them properly. The only thing humanity doesn't have right now is the strength of numbers - Right now it's primarily the ISSR (which wouldn't have that many people available) and a few reinforcements from Earth in Dys. When humanity can attack en-masse with even more advanced technology? Good luck stopping us without allies of your own.

Just a yes or no answer.

At times I have when Night has portrayed it as a "poof and now I'm stabbing you" deal, however most of the time he gives it a realistic "poof and give your body a couple seconds to recover" thing. I can't say the same for other people using teleportation (STILL WAITING ON THAT APOLOGY JACKIE), but Night at least has Crowley and Richard use magic as a tool that still requires proper use, rather than a crutch that is an instant "I Win" button.

Also, great job fucking up the quotes.[/quote]
No, not it's use in combat - just the concept itself. For example, when Crowley teleports the characters to a next location, is that reasonable?

And just a yes or no answer, please.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Ende wrote:No, not it's use in combat - just the concept itself. For example, when Crowley teleports the characters to a next location, is that reasonable?

Fix your fucking quotes, guys.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Olthar wrote:
AETEN II wrote:It's the original. The original Joker as I remember was simply a psychopath. Batman used to be an even bigger badass and used a revolver instead of batarangs.

Crisis on Infinite Earths literally erased the previous incarnation of all those characters. It doesn't matter if it's the original; it no longer exists.

Another reason why I hate DC more than Marvel.

This is why the only super 'hero' I really like is Hellboy, simply because it's bloody consistent.
Still, I suppose neither Batman or Superman is as bad as Spawn. Gets rebooted virtually each year.

Also, Batman is always bad for the city. He's simply badass for the fact that he's still alive.
(Although my favorite thing about Batman is that he isn't really a hero or an antivillain, just another nutjob of Gotham that happens to have a more positive effect on the city than the Joker.)
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Bad-ass" is a weird to say "asshole who is worse for the city than the people he fights".

To be fair, without Batman Gotham would still be fucked, likely in an even worse way than it is now.

I mean, that's what they show, but the fact that Batman is breaking the backs of poor people (who clearly have no means to feed themselves but crime in the inexplicably dystopic hell that is Detroit Gotham Detroit) and sending them home to their wives, bitter and terrified, can't be good for anything.

If I have to chose between "drug trade" and "literally everyone being too damaged to work honestly", I'm going to pick the first. At least then Gotham has some hope of economic recovery.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Dictators never allow progression?

I'm not saying they never do, and how you could get that from what I said I have no clue, but dictators tend to heavily control the rate of progression so that they can retain their power.

The angels are slavishly devoted to Uriel after so many centuries.

He only benefits from technological/magical advancement.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Ende wrote:No, not it's use in combat - just the concept itself. For example, when Crowley teleports the characters to a next location, is that reasonable?

You're turning a complex issue into a black and white one by turning a black and white issue into a complex one. The question is, should magic be better than everything else? That is a simple yes or no, with yes meaning that not having magic is pointless and thus normal, unpowered humans are pointless. If no, then the playing field is leveled out when normal humans gain access to advanced technology (much of it powered by magic, granted) and they become a viable threat to magical beings.

By trying to turn the argument into "well do you agree with <x> power?", you're creating more issues and questions for no reason other than to force your opponent into taking a strawman position with no defense. So to answer your question: Yes and no, it depends on how Night uses it, but judging by how he has done it so far (Crowley himself can only mass-teleport people within a small radius and even then it seems to cause fatigue) I have no problem with it.
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse