NATION

PASSWORD

The Age of War; Chapter 1 (OOC/Signup/Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

The Age of War; Chapter 1 (OOC/Signup/Fantasy)

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 am

Disclaimer: The following RP, along with the names of people and places have not been taken from any other source, any coincidentally named person or place is simply that, coincidence. That aside, read on and enjoy!

The Overview: This RP is based off the idea for a novel which has long since been stuck in my head, attempts to remove it have been stomped time and time again by the dreaded writer's block. Players may design and play as a minor clan (TG me for more info on this) or noble family within the world or one of several groups of foreigners (to be explained further along) or simply design a character from the info listed below. While Scions do use Napoleonic era weapons (muskets, rifles, cannon etc.) most others will be using Medieval or arcane forms of weaponry.

Setting: The forests of Chemia are as old as time itself, the Tallarian people have long since resided amongst it's vast woodlands, few ever leave and even fewer return from such dangerous adventures into the world beyond. Most foreigners whom enter the forests rarely settled out of respect for the Tallarian tribes whom have long since inhabited the woods and rarely suffer the trespasses of those whom would destroy or otherwise endanger their sacred home only until recent months. To the far north of the woodlands rests the Twin Dragon Peaks, home of numerous clans of savages and perils amongst the mountains which separate much of the forest's northern borders from the rest of the world. Far beyond the lands of the Tallarians, across many miles of rolling flatlands and desert lay the homes of the Sithren and the Scionic Domain, Elven nomads and brilliant thinkers and inventors respectively.

And now yet another force, the kingdoms of man, have revealed themselves. Short lived but proud warriors and fiercely protective of their gods, these newcomers to the field bear no great martial prowess nor endless wit. But woe be to any whom considers them anything short of a foe to be watched carefully.

Now, a great change has come, with the exile of the Sithren from their homelands they have come to the Tallarians, seeking shelter. Only to reveal that they are no better than the invaders whom they fled, hoping to settle and otherwise control the woods which their enchanted kin have dwelt within for so many years. The Sithren boast that it is their land, not the Tallarians, and as such have slowly begun to strangle the villages along the outskirts of the forests, forcing them deeper into their homelands. It is only a matter of time before the peace is broken and swords are drawn, before the age of war begins.

The Races:

The Tallarian tribes and clans which inhabit the Chemian forest are as vast in appearance and beliefs as one can imagine. From the greatest of philosophers to the strongest of warriors, Tallarians are anthropomorphic canines ranging in size and colors as wild and fierce as their feral kin's. Blood feuds are common amongst these folk, particularly between opposing clans and especially common the further north one goes within the Chemian forests, however most are honorable and respectful of those they consider their friends.

The Sithren are descendants of Elven folk, which shows in their appearance and stature. Sithren are tall and effeminate folk, as graceful on the field of battle as they are in dance. Ousted from their homes by the Scionic Domain, Sithren bear deep a grudge against the blue-skinned industrialists. Many Sithren folk are nomadic, rarely settling down in one place; although this has changed in recent months with settlements cropping up along the outskirts of the Chemian forests. Relations with the Tallarian public are calm right now but there has been talk amongst many Sithren of further settling the Chemian forests, arguing that it is in fact their own homeland as well. Sithren are light hearted tricksters, often stereotyped as thieves, but their martial prowess should never be underestimated.

The Scionic people are newcomers to the lands, Industrialists and inventors alike, neither of the other 2 societies can boast to have such wondrous and powerful inventions. Trains and (for the more upper-class citizens) automobiles aren't unheard of ideas. While Scions are indeed mighty thinkers, they have difficulty doing, as they are a rather frail species. One of the newest inventions of the Scionic domain, the Musket, has become a mainstay of the Scionic army. These blue-skinned humanoids are often short, just under or over 5 ft tall.

Mankind has been around as long as anyone can remember, while they are simple folk; few can deny the passion with which they dedicate themselves to the task at hand. Humans are highly spiritual folk, and there is no quicker way to offend one than to insult his or her god(s)

Major clans (Tallarians only) :

Dei Korp (pronounced day-core) are the shining example of what it is to be Tallarian, these literal wolves amongst their peer's territories are the farthest spanning; their warriors the proudest and strongest. Located near the center of the forest, the Dei Korp have survived countless wars against their peers, only to overpower and bring them into the clan during "The Great Divide", these feuds and wars nearly saw the end of the mighty warriors as nearly a dozen clans waged war against them, labeling them a plague of the forests.
+4 to melee
+4 to unarmed
-4 to magic

The Veritas are a clan hailing from the far eastern reaches of the Chemian forest. While they are few in number, many of the pure-bred amongst their clan are adept in the arts of wild-magic, harnessing the raw power of the Chemian forest and unleashing it upon their foes. However with such power comes a high cost, constant users of the art age far quicker than their kin and as such many practitioners are careful in the use of their craft. Many may attribute their fox-like appearance to the Tallarian god of wisdom, Sookra deeming this clan her favored.
Bonuses/penalties:
+2 to wisdom
+5 to magic
+1 to unarmed
-5 to melee

While the Kuurias aren't necessarily a clan, the similarity in their appearance ensures there is some form of kinship between them. While the Kuurias (pronounced coo-rye-us) are the mightiest of the Tallarians to inhabit the forests, they are simple minded. The concepts of tools and weapons (beyond their own fang and claw) escapes them. Few have the patience or strength to bargain or handle the Kuurias, whom are most commonly seen amongst the northern borders of the forests amidst the Twin-dragon peaks. If one should manage to accomplish taming such a savage beast, only a dragon would be a better companion to bring to battle.
Bonuses/Penalties:
+10 to unarmed
-9 to wisdom

Scions are always looking for a new way to better themselves and the world around them, as such their minds are as sharp as a scalpel, although they are not as physically fit as their peers.
+5 to wisdom
+3 to ranged
-5 to melee
-6 to unarmed

Other Racial bonuses

Sithren are graceful and are often far older than their peers amongst other races. But recent years have seen them ousted from their homelands and the day may come when these fair folk no longer walk the land.
+5 to ranged
+3 to melee
+3 to wisdom
-5 to magic

While humans are not the greatest in any one field of expertise, they tend to be jacks of all trades
No Bonuses
No penalties

Nobility

Nobles are common amongst all races, men and women a step above the common rabble. Whether it be through influence, through force of arms or simply having more money than the rest. Nobles are often the movers and shakers in any society, the ones with the voice (and, if need be, influence and might) to make things happen. Whether it be for the good of all or their own gain however is up to them, with great power comes great responsibility after all...

Places of note:

Chemia is unusual in that among all the trees and wild lands throughout the Chemian Forests, the city is proof of the great achievements Tallarians can accomplish when working together. It is the only "true" castle within Tallarian domains, as most Tallarian nobles prefer simpler earthen motte and bailey designs. Divided into multiple districts (Commerce,Residence,Religion,Military), Many find it's winding city streets incredibly confusing at first, intentionally designed to allow defenders to man choke-points throughout the castle. To be in command of Chemia is to be a king of the forests in all but name.

Rokan, the Scionic Domain's capital. To wander the busy streets which make up Rokan is to know progress. While the air is often smokey in the bustling industrial city (from all the factories and workshops). All will be hard-pressed to find more cutting-edge weapons or armor than amongst it's long-stretching cobbled streets. Churches and other houses of worship are somewhat difficult to find throughout the city, as with anywhere else in the Scionic Domain as a surprisingly large number of Scions are Atheist, ensuring the displeasure of their peers elsewhere in the world.

Stats (on a scale of 1-25)
All stats start off at 10 in all skills but Arcane which is 0, as the RP progresses into future chapters I will increase or (in rare cases) decrease stat points to represent experience/skill that will come over time. Each player has 5 extra points to distribute as they see fit at the start.

Melee: How skilled he/she is in close quarters with a weapon
Unarmed: Same as melee, only bare handed
Ranged: How accurate he/she is at a distance with a sling, bow and arrow or other exotic weapons
Wisdom: How intelligent the person is
Magic: How fluent/capable the person is in the arts of the arcane.

Code: Select all
Application for Person
Name:
Species/Race:
Clan (If Applicable):
Stats:
Biography:

RP Example (Optional, but may get you accepted alot quicker):

Code: Select all
Application for Clan or Noble Family
Family's name:
Wealth: (Are they well off? on the way to poverty?)
Clan: (If applicable)
Biography: (Explain the family history a bit!)

Rules:
No God modding
If you smell bullshit, call it.

Edit(s): Fixed typos, added applications, added explanation of nobility. Expanded upon setting and overview.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm now declaring this RP open for applications.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 am

Bump for Justice!
Currently Hosting:

Crinitus Malum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crinitus Malum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am

Application for Person

Name: Victor Ulruk
Species/Race: Human
Clan: Rook.
Melee: 12
Unarmed: 10
Ranged: 10
Wisdom: 12
Magic: 1

Biography: Victor was brought up to be open to all people but always to be cautious. He made a name for himself when he declined to be the head of the clan and gave it to his brother who was more suited for such a large scale duty. He instead ran Kwynn, a castle on the border with a large village. He was much more content this way, similar responsibilities but on a smaller scale. Lately he has been experimenting with his military force and Scion technology.

RP Example: Can't think of any at the moment, but I have also had multiple ideas for stories but always got blocked after the first chapter.

Family's name: Ulruk
Wealth: Wealthy due to multiple merchant businesses in neighboring clans and kingdoms.
Biography: The Ulruk family started out as a merchant business that eventually became a powerful player in a human kingdoms wealth. The family gradually bought out an entire manor and despite many attempts from raiders kept their business and properties safe. As time passed they expanded their power and became the Rook clan, owning two towns, six villages, a dozen castles and scores of businesses.
Despite being merchants the Rook clan has a powerful military due to their wealth and openness to other races. They get along especially with the Scions.
Of course we're going to throw poo at him.

- Monkey from Madagascar.

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 am

Name: Ashan Farah (If this doesn't fit Scion naming conventions I'll change it.)
Species/Race: Scion
Clan (If Applicable): Farah Noble Family (App further down)
Stats:
Melee: 6
Unarmed: 5
Ranged: 15
Wisdom: 16
Magic: 0
Biography: Second son of Tatos Farah, Ashan constantly lived in the shadow of his elder brother, Reti. His family's long standing tradition of invention and cutting-edge technology had many thinking that Ashan would follow the footsteps of his brother, father and the others in his family line. However, Ashan could not stand the idea of being constantly compared to his brother. So, when he came of age he enlisted in the armed forces. He proved an able marksman and earned the respect of his superiors and admiration of his fellow grunts. He is currently assigned to guard duty in the capital city.

Family's name: Farah
Wealth: One of the wealthier families in Rokan
Clan:
Biography: The Farah family dates back to the founding of Rokan. They were designers of the original defenses for the city, walls, towers, and the infamous tight streets. They were heavily rewarded for their work. They used their new wealth to fund numerous inventions which in turn provided further funds. Now independently wealthy many members of the family enter the political arena. This has only furthered their power within the Scionic Domains.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

Name: Ashan Farah (If this doesn't fit Scion naming conventions I'll change it.)
Species/Race: Scion
Clan (If Applicable): Farah Noble Family (App further down)
Stats:
Melee: 6
Unarmed: 5
Ranged: 15
Wisdom: 16
Biography: Second son of Tatos Farah, Ashan constantly lived in the shadow of his elder brother, Reti. His family's long standing tradition of invention and cutting-edge technology had many thinking that Ashan would follow the footsteps of his brother, father and the others in his family line. However, Ashan could not stand the idea of being constantly compared to his brother. So, when he came of age he enlisted in the armed forces. He proved an able marksman and earned the respect of his superiors and admiration of his fellow grunts. He is currently assigned to guard duty in the capital city.

Family's name: Farah
Wealth: One of the wealthier families in Rokan
Clan:
Biography: The Farah family dates back to the founding of Rokan. They were designers of the original defenses for the city, walls, towers, and the infamous tight streets. They were heavily rewarded for their work. They used their new wealth to fund numerous inventions which in turn provided further funds. Now independently wealthy many members of the family enter the political arena. This has only furthered their power within the Scionic Domains.

Application for Person

Name: Victor Ulruk

Stats
Biography: Victor was brought up to be open to all people but always to be cautious. He made a name for himself when he declined to be the head of the clan and gave it to his brother who was more suited for such a large scale duty. He instead ran Kwynn, a castle on the border with a large village. He was much more content this way, similar responsibilities but on a smaller scale. Lately he has been experimenting with his military force and Scion technology.

RP Example: Can't think of any at the moment, but I have also had multiple ideas for stories but always got blocked after the first chapter.

Family's name: Ulruk
Wealth: Wealthy due to multiple merchant businesses in neighboring clans and kingdoms.
Biography: The Ulruk family started out as a merchant business that eventually became a powerful player in a human kingdoms wealth. The family gradually bought out an entire manor and despite many attempts from raiders kept their business and properties safe. As time passed they expanded their power and became the Rook clan, owning two towns, six villages, a dozen castles and scores of businesses.
Despite being merchants the Rook clan has a powerful military due to their wealth and openness to other races. They get along especially with the Scions.

both accepted, the names fine by the way Phalnia.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Application for Person
Name: Roaksan Taega
Species/Race: Tallarian
Clan (If Applicable): Dei Korp
Stats:
Melee: 17
Unarmed: 15
Wisdom: 8
Magic: -4 (yes, negative)
Biography: Roaksan Taega, also known as "The Wild Child" was not born into the Dei-Korp, having lived alone in the wild from a young age. the valued education and hard-earned trust coming from being born amongst kin therefore eludes him. He has however earned the respect of his peers for the ferocity with which he defends his new-found family and peers. While he lacks the class and wealth of those higher-born, Roaksan has begun to gain the ears of those around him regarding the Sithren threat which lays on the outskirts of the Chemian forest. A threat which he himself has long been aware of from his time living off the land and seeing the boldness with which they have forced his kin from their homes. While many would be quick to point out that he isn't as educated as his peers, few will deny that war is on the horizon, and courage and strength of arms will be needed in the coming months and years.

As a quick note, edited a few racial bonuses. While none effect either of you, I did so mainly to remove Vitality. As there were already too many variables to take into account as it was.

Edit: added my 5 point allowance
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 am

BAMP
Currently Hosting:

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Application for Person
Name: Konrad von Würzburg
Noble Family: Würzburg
Stats:
Biography: Konrad Würzburg is one of the most prominent family members of his age old family. Why is this? Because while others were thieves or assassins, he is the first poet. His poetry was happy, until his parents died on the trip to the founded continent. The only family he has left is Franz Joseph von Würzburg, and they are often accompanying each other on their adventures.

Application for Person
Name: Franz Joseph von Würzburg
Stats:
Melee: 10
Unarmed: 11
Ranged: 12

Biography: Franz Joseph von Würzburg is one of the great warriors of the Würzburg family. While he is not as skilled as Konrad, he is still a great warrior. Along with soldiering, he is also a skilled diplomat and trader. He is the one who started to bring even more wealth to the already immensely rich family. He and Konrad enjoy going on adventures together, but while Konrad is normally depressed, Franz Joseph has gotten over the deaths.

RP Example (Optional, but may get you accepted alot quicker): Damian decided one of his first initial orders should be to begin to correspond with other Kingdoms, and the other should be to call back half the invasion force. Now that the Romanian Army had been defeated, they wouldn't need full force. 50,000 were being called back, with another 50,000 invading Anatolia. Sparta is also calling up another 100,000 men, to supplant the casualties taken.

Family's name: Würzburg
Wealth: (Are they well off? on the way to poverty?) Amazingly well off, the richest Human family.
Biography: (Explain the family history a bit!) The Würzburg family are one of the oldest families around. They were founded by Franz Würzburg and became rich off the Human wars. Of course, doing so they made quite a few enemies. One of the most notable members of the family is Frederick Würzburg who got rid of a few of the enemies, while writing poetry. One could say that everyone is into Würzburg family members, because they are known for having Handsome members along with the riches they have. While the family hit its low when Konrad Würzburg lost his parents on the trip to the new land. They established a huge trade deal in the newly founded continent, and increased their wealth to even higher heights.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 pm

le great wall of le landenburg
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
get some

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 am

Landenburg wrote:le great wall of le landenburg

I'll go over your apps when I get home from work, they look good but just to double check.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Application for Person
Stats:
Biography: Konrad Würzburg is one of the most prominent family members of his age old family. Why is this? Because while others were thieves or assassins, he is the first poet. His poetry was happy, until his parents died on the trip to the founded continent. The only family he has left is Franz Joseph von Würzburg, and they are often accompanying each other on their adventures.

Application for Person
Stats:

Biography: Franz Joseph von Würzburg is one of the great warriors of the Würzburg family. While he is not as skilled as Konrad, he is still a great warrior. Along with soldiering, he is also a skilled diplomat and trader. He is the one who started to bring even more wealth to the already immensely rich family. He and Konrad enjoy going on adventures together, but while Konrad is normally depressed, Franz Joseph has gotten over the deaths.

RP Example (Optional, but may get you accepted alot quicker): Damian decided one of his first initial orders should be to begin to correspond with other Kingdoms, and the other should be to call back half the invasion force. Now that the Romanian Army had been defeated, they wouldn't need full force. 50,000 were being called back, with another 50,000 invading Anatolia. Sparta is also calling up another 100,000 men, to supplant the casualties taken.

Wealth: (Are they well off? on the way to poverty?) Amazingly well off, one of the richest Human families.
Biography: (Explain the family history a bit!) The Würzburg family are one of the oldest families around. They were founded by Franz Würzburg and became rich off the Human wars. Of course, doing so they made quite a few enemies. One of the most notable members of the family is Frederick Würzburg who got rid of a few of the enemies, while writing poetry. One could say that everyone is into Würzburg family members, because they are known for having Handsome members along with the riches they have. While the family hit its low when Konrad Würzburg lost his parents on the trip to the new land. They established a huge trade deal in the newly founded continent, and increased their wealth to even higher heights.

Just a quick question regarding this application, while most of it looks to be in order. What exactly would you be referring to by 'new land'?

Family's wealth seems a bit OP, underlined a minor adjustment. Although would be willing to make them the head of a human trading league (an 'alliance' of wealthy merchants and nobility) which would still make them absurdly wealthy.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 am

IC thread is open for business, the time for talk will soon be over...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219355&p=12503790#p12503790
Currently Hosting:

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 am

The Mizarian Empire wrote:
Application for Person
Stats:

Application for Person
Stats:

Wealth: (Are they well off? on the way to poverty?) Amazingly well off, one of the richest Human families.

Just a quick question regarding this application, while most of it looks to be in order. What exactly would you be referring to by 'new land'?

Family's wealth seems a bit OP, underlined a minor adjustment. Although would be willing to make them the head of a human trading league (an 'alliance' of wealthy merchants and nobility) which would still make them absurdly wealthy.

Alright, and what is the continent called? The one where the humans are just arriving that is.
get some

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Landenburg wrote:Alright, and what is the continent called? The one where the humans are just arriving that is.

The overall world itself (when referring to the lands or 'continents') are split into 3 different areas, and 2 more of which will be revealed as the game goes on. Most of these provinces are divided by, in Sithren terms, "The dead lands". These are primarily long stretches of desert and otherwise uninhabitable lands. Below are the

Krovathcia: (pronounced Crow-vaw-see-ah) A Scionic term which has come to mean "The Old lands", these are the homelands of the Scionic Domain and (former) Sithren Kingdoms. Most recently humans have taken to settling in it's far western reaches whereas the Scions and Sithren dominate the east. It is divided by the Gaizan river which stems from god's maw mountain. ( the "new world" would be Nyah")

Chemia: Dominated by the Chemian forests, the Region of Chemia (It's capital sharing the name) is dominated by Tallarian minor chiefdom's of all shapes and sizes dwelling in the massive Chemian forests. While it's anyone's guess as to how far they stretch, few can doubt that it may even be larger than the old-world itself, an enticing target for industrialists and settlers alike to try and colonize. (Humans have also settled in the plains near Chemia, although only interact in limited amounts with the Tallarians)

Aeirlonia: In ancient human tongue roughly translating to "The promised land" referring to the human god's blessing the land while it remains under the control of mankind. Much of it's mountain ranges and forests remain unexplored as more and more expeditions leave behind the petty squabbles of their noble masters for the freedoms of living off the land as they please. Most however are settling in western Krovathcia
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 am

Bump! and no i'm not grave-digging, I simply deleted the previous bump messages.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Hosting:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

last bump.
Currently Hosting:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse