NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 3, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Mavorpen wrote:How many points could I use for a new "character"?

The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Until recently, the ISSR wasn't that powerful and was mostly a scientific station.

And suddenly the war began and the militaries of the world started to realise "Holy fuck, we need to save our asses" and pooled their soldiers into the ISSR. And all of a sudden a young Brigadier named Sanchez is insanely powerful politically.

The thing is that he was a Sergeant five months ago in charge of a moderately-sized base in the desert.

This has all turned out extremely good for his career.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:The thing is that he was a Sergeant five months ago in charge of a moderately-sized base in the desert.

Indeed it has...

...Sanchez is secretly evil.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Olthar wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:How many points could I use for a new "character"?

Cool.

Get ready to see a 6kg monkey rip all of our enemies a new one.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:The thing is that he was a Sergeant five months ago in charge of a moderately-sized base in the desert.

Sanchez is probably the greatest political mind in this entire RP.

And he's actually a relatively good guy.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Olthar wrote:408.5

Cool.

Wait, I did the math wrong. I actually meant 12. Sorry about that.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Olthar wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Cool.

Wait, I did the math wrong. I actually meant 12. Sorry about that.

Oh, Olthar.

(cue wacky sitcom music)

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Olthar wrote:Wait, I did the math wrong. I actually meant 12. Sorry about that.

Oh, Olthar.

(cue wacky sitcom music)

*smiles and shrugs innocently*

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

I don't even.

Name: Tsunayoshi Tokugawa AKA "Grumpy McFiddlesticks"
Age (Actual): 367
Age (Appears): He's a fucking spider-monkey
Race: Spider-monkey (formerly human)
Appearance (Picture or good description): Of course.
Powergrid/Powers:
INT 5
STR 2
SPD 2
DUR 2
FS 2

Note: The above power grid is just for the lulz and only applies to his spider-monkey form. He can revert back to his sword form at any time and be Izanagi's personal weapon.
Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): He's a monkey
Personality: Very very grumpy and sarcastic.
History: Formerly the fifth shogun of the Tokugawa dynasty of Japan, he was murdered in his sleep by the Japanese equivalent of a hooker. Initially he thought that she was just engaging in very kinky foreplay, but when she stabbed him in the chest, he began to have his suspicions about her true intentions.

Anyway, due to an amount of unforeseen circumstances that I have not actually thought about, he became a sword, forced to be on display in a museum in Japan for all eternity. He was freed by Izanagi and thus owes him for both freeing him as well as giving him his new spider-monkey body.
RP Sample: Drugs are bad mm'kay.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Nat, you're an asshole for not having D ask about the tattoo. Hopefully Daisie will be curious enough, although I have no idea how to post just yet.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Nat, you're an asshole for not having D ask about the tattoo. Hopefully Daisie will be curious enough, although I have no idea how to post just yet.

Dai just chucked James into the tunnels created by Sanchez's earthbenders.

Though I can retcon that and say he brought James with him to his apartment.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Nat, you're an asshole for not having D ask about the tattoo. Hopefully Daisie will be curious enough, although I have no idea how to post just yet.

D is a genius.

Geniuses are amongst the most oblivious people you'll ever meet.

Also, it's just a tattoo and he was a tad busy.

Goodbye.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Dai just chucked James into the tunnels created by Sanchez's earthbenders.

Where's D? More importantly, does Firefly have time to go back to the school, change, and grab his revolver?
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Dai just chucked James into the tunnels created by Sanchez's earthbenders.

Where's D? More importantly, does Firefly have time to go back to the school, change, and grab his revolver?

D is with Dai and they're currently doing SCIENCE! with the god DNA Erin stole from Thor back when we first recruited him for the invasion.

Goodbye.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm

So since I won't get an IC way to reveal this because Nat was a dick:

The tattoo on James' back covers the entire thing, is highly and beautifully detailed, and has four faces and two six-point stars. The faces are arranged in a diamond formation, while the stars are on the bottom.

The top face is that of Jade. The one to the left, Ivy. On the right, Hilde. At the bottom, Damien. Both stars have a letter in them: P and S, for Pierre and Scott.

The faces represented the four he has feelings for. The two stars were for the only family James still cares about.

Now with that out of the way, I wait for Night to retcon shit so Firefly is back at the school.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:01 pm

"Here are the groups we have gotten into a relative order." Sanchez instructed a few other of the ISSR soldiers or researchers. "It's important to remember that armoured units, tank and mechanized infantry, are to be considered front-line in this war. Everybody keeps the leg infantry at home for self-defence. Now, we have a few army groups right now. The First Group is made up mainly of Americans, for obvious reasons. America has given over 34 divisions so far. In addition, we are adding seven British divisions, one Irish, four Canadian, two Australian, one New Zealand and one South African, as well as one Dutch. This brings the first army group to 51 divisions. They can be safely classified as the English group on basis of language, as the majority of the Dutch and South Africans know English in any case."

"Second Group is more or less the Russians, with some additions from former Soviet countries. Together, they add up to around 43 divisions thus far. The Third Group is mainly East Asian, using twenty Chinese divisions, eight Japanese, three South Korean, one Vietnamese and seven Taiwanese. The Chinese would add more, but they're still recovering from their civil war and building a democracy. The Taiwanese have agreed to work with the Chinese and settle aside the old rivalries for now. While the Chinese make up the bulk of the forces, the Taiwanese are in command. I know their commander, General Shung. He's a tough and crafty fellow. The South Koreans would add more, but they're busy enough trying to deal with the North. Note also that most of these divisions are professional and up to date, but the Chinese are hopelessly backward regarding their technology and tactics." Sanchez said.

"Now, we look at the Fourth Group. India dominates this, of course. They have given twenty six divisions thus far, though they're all poorly equipped and with poor morale. We're being cautious since we want to make sure Vidur didn't have allies who are upset over his death. Bangladesh added one- a commendable effort for them- Pakistan has refused to work with India, but Iran has added six and is bitching at Pakistan. Most of the Middle East is working with the Fourth Group. Algeria with one division, Lebanon with one, Egypt with five, Iraq with one, Israel with nine, Jordan with two, Kuwait one, Morocco one, Saudi Arabia with one and Syria with seven. Unfortunately, the majority of these are terribly funded and terribly equipped. The Fourth Group has no common language, no integrated army leadership and no common doctrine, though India has moderate experience commanding with large forces like this."

"The Fifth Group is from Europe. Overall, France makes up the majority with 14 divisions and the rest of Europe has added 26 altogether, making forty divisions. They are well up to date and ready to cooperate with the First Group. Unfortunately, they also hold no common doctrine or language, though the European Union has helped considerably in the past due to allowing many European armies to work together if ever needed, so we take that gladly. Britain has many divisions in this group as well, due to their fun little position of being in Europe but not of it."

"These are what we have so far. Conscription has begun in many countries and the military size is increasing rapidly as Azazel's demons grow increasingly bold." Sanchez explained. "These soldiers all fall under my ultimate authority as the commander of the Human Armies."

Horn paused, thinking this over and spoke toward Sanchez. "Alright then. How about our supernatural allies?"

"We're integrating them the best we can. The angels have fully backed us and we're equipping them to the First Group and the Fifth Group at large, since those are historically Christian areas and would have a positive view. Some are in the Fourth Group as well, appealing to the religious nature of those places." Sanchez said. "The other supernaturals...well, let's hope we can get them. Now, let's give Azazel hell, no pun intended."

Sanchez glanced at the paper detailing these forces and gave a smile. Yes, they would indeed give Azazel hell.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Nat was a dick:

Love you, too.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:So since I won't get an IC way to reveal this because Nat was a dick:

The tattoo on James' back covers the entire thing, is highly and beautifully detailed, and has four faces and two six-point stars. The faces are arranged in a diamond formation, while the stars are on the bottom.

The top face is that of Jade. The one to the left, Ivy. On the right, Hilde. At the bottom, Damien. Both stars have a letter in them: P and S, for Pierre and Scott.

The faces represented the four he has feelings for. The two stars were for the only family James still cares about.

Now with that out of the way, I wait for Night to retcon shit so Firefly is back at the school.

The school is in Heavensgate, but no PCs are really there aside from Richard, Michael and Raphael.

And Nat wasn't being a dick, cut the passive aggressive nature.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:So since I won't get an IC way to reveal this because Nat was a dick:

The school is in Heavensgate, but no PCs are really there aside from Richard, Michael and Raphael.

So I'll just have him walk then.

And when I indicate several times that there's something important on James' back, utterly ignoring it is pretty dickish.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Elfen High is completely self-sufficient, using a generator that converts passive-aggresiveness to electricity.

They used to have one based on self-hatred, but it overloaded and killed six students. This, ironically enough, lead to a purely Minh-based doubling of vodka sales.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:The school is in Heavensgate, but no PCs are really there aside from Richard, Michael and Raphael.

So I'll just have him walk then.

And when I indicate several times that there's something important on James' back, utterly ignoring it is pretty dickish.

When I completely forget and it isn't important, I apologize with italics.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:The school is in Heavensgate, but no PCs are really there aside from Richard, Michael and Raphael.

Elfen High is completely self-sufficient, using a generator that converts passive-aggresiveness to electricity.

They used to have one based on self-hatred, but it overloaded and killed six students. This, ironically enough, lead to a purely Minh-based doubling of vodka sales.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:So I'll just have him walk then.

When I completely forget and it isn't important, I apologize with italics.

Don't start either.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 pm

"It doesn't directly affect my character therefore it isn't important."

And this is why I get so fucking pissed off with you guys. Yes, the tattoo doesn't mean shit when it comes to D, or Lewis, or Crowley. But it is important for James, his character, and his motivations. Think of when he could have gotten that tattoo made, or why. Then consider the fact it's still there, when he could have easily had it removed.

But no, it isn't a big neon sign saying "THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR LEWIS JAMESON", therefore you have no reason to care. And when something does happen to affect your character, because you ignored something earlier, you immediately decide that what James is doing is stupid and out of character, and demand that he be killed off because he can never be a good character.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:"It doesn't directly affect my character therefore it isn't important."

And this is why I get so fucking pissed off with you guys. Yes, the tattoo doesn't mean shit when it comes to D, or Lewis, or Crowley. But it is important for James, his character, and his motivations. Think of when he could have gotten that tattoo made, or why. Then consider the fact it's still there, when he could have easily had it removed.

But no, it isn't a big neon sign saying "THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR LEWIS JAMESON", therefore you have no reason to care. And when something does happen to affect your character, because you ignored something earlier, you immediately decide that what James is doing is stupid and out of character, and demand that he be killed off because he can never be a good character.

...I'm sorry?

I mean, I never gave any indication of thinking that, because I don't, I just don't see how re-affirming what we already know is really that important. I didn't know you cared that much, so I apologize.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

"Let's see, who should I put on my permanent tattoo? Hmm. I know! The guy who shot me in the ass and hated me!"

:P
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:"It doesn't directly affect my character therefore it isn't important."

...I'm sorry?

I mean, I never gave any indication of thinking that, because I don't, I just don't see how re-affirming what we already know is really that important. I didn't know you cared that much, so I apologize.

Here's the thing: Every time I try to do anything to expand on James' character, unless I'm RPing with TIE nobody else gives a fuck. If it's perceived as minor it's ignored. If it's major (black bullets, Firefly, killing Damien) it's seen as stupid and horrible. So I'm forced to either drop something nobody likes and go back to not developing James at all or keep going with something nobody likes. Either way, inevitably the call is made to just kill off James already because he sucks.

Why has nobody asked why James tried to hide in the DH universe instead of facing his fuck-ups at home? Why did nobody react to bullets that tear out your soul, or ask how he came about them? Why has nobody bothered to force him to spill the beans on what he did before and during his career? All of that is important, but because it doesn't directly affect anyone else and is perceived as "minor", nobody wants to.

And then we inevitably do a fucking timeskip and those questions are no longer relevant, or we're suddenly involved in a crisis that serves as a convenient "we're too busy" excuse. And when I try to have James interact with everyone else he's shoved to the side anyway, conveniently ensuring that every time I bitch about my character being ignored someone can turn around and say "this isn't James: The Roleplay, we all got our own shit to deal with". Whether IC or OOC, if someone would fucking ask I could give the relevant information.

Nude East Ireland wrote:"Let's see, who should I put on my permanent tattoo? Hmm. I know! The guy who shot me in the ass and hated me!"

:P

This was between Arcs 1 and 2. Yes, James had fuzzy feelings for Damien. That time he shot him in the eye? When Alt!James left, James cried his eyes out.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse