NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 3, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Let me start this way.

Nat, you're an American. How much do you want to join the military or go to church?

Not at all, but my basic philosophy is the end result of everyone around me.

And if everyone around him is buying into Azazel's propaganda, his attitude should be affected.

I don't really mind the idea, I just don't find it believable.

Crowley's backstory, on the other hand, annoys me a great deal.

There's a Demon. He tends a farm for a meager salary. He has friends, a wife, and a child. He lives in the slums, but so do the other Demons. He goes to the bar, has drinks, and does stupid things with his friends, like get drunk and throw things at hobos. He loves his wife and child.

Then the metaphorical Palestine and his metaphorical Israel are suddenly at war. Everyone is leaving to fight. He has to go as well, and fight to keep his family safe, because the metaphorical Palestinians might kill him and his family if he doesn't fight. And other members of his kind are fighting against him, and he could have kin or friends on that side (he clearly lives somewhat close to Heavensgate). And then he is killed, and dies.

Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:People change, yes, but not that drastically.

If Crowley likes ice cream in 1400, he'll probably like ice cream in 2020. If Crowley is a vaguely nerdy wizard in 1400, no matter how many social skills he acquires or perversions he develops, he'll still be vaguely nerdy.

I had a friend who was vaguely nerdy in fourth grade become a sports jock in seventh grade.

In sixth grade, I was a weirdo. Nobody really liked me, and when they talked to me they weren't too happy about it. And I was shy as shit.

It's three or four years later now. Everybody knows who I am, and no one hates me anymore. I'm farther from shy then I've ever been; you'd have to try and stop me from going on stage in front of my whole high school.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Not at all, but my basic philosophy is the end result of everyone around me.

And if everyone around him is buying into Azazel's propaganda, his attitude should be affected.

I don't really mind the idea, I just don't find it believable.

Crowley's backstory, on the other hand, annoys me a great deal.

There's a Demon. He tends a farm for a meager salary. He has friends, a wife, and a child. He lives in the slums, but so do the other Demons. He goes to the bar, has drinks, and does stupid things with his friends, like get drunk and throw things at hobos. He loves his wife and child.

Then the metaphorical Palestine and his metaphorical Israel are suddenly at war. Everyone is leaving to fight. He has to go as well, and fight to keep his family safe, because the metaphorical Palestinians might kill him and his family if he doesn't fight. And other members of his kind are fighting against him, and he could have kin or friends on that side (he clearly lives somewhat close to Heavensgate). And then he is killed, and dies.

Olthar wrote:I had a friend who was vaguely nerdy in fourth grade become a sports jock in seventh grade.

In sixth grade, I was a weirdo. Nobody really liked me, and when they talked to me they weren't too happy about it. And I was shy as shit.

It's three or four years later now. Everybody knows who I am, and no one hates me anymore. I'm farther from shy then I've ever been; you'd have to try and stop me from going on stage in front of my whole high school.

I'm pretty sure that you are possessed by Satan, though.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Olthar wrote:I had a friend who was vaguely nerdy in fourth grade become a sports jock in seventh grade.

He was a kid. Kids change spontaneously - they really don't have any idea who they are.

Adults change as well, though.

My parents were supposedly cool at one point. :p

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:There's a Demon. He tends a farm for a meager salary. He has friends, a wife, and a child. He lives in the slums, but so do the other Demons. He goes to the bar, has drinks, and does stupid things with his friends, like get drunk and throw things at hobos. He loves his wife and child.

I'm pretty sure that you are possessed by Satan, though.

Or is Satan possessed by me?

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I'm pretty sure that you are possessed by Satan, though.

It might be a co-possession.

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I'm pretty sure that you are possessed by Satan, though.

You're both possessed by Ralph, the gas station attendant.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Or is Satan possessed by me?

Remember kids: It's better for you to be inside of Satan than for Satan to be inside of you.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Remember kids: It's better for you to be inside of Satan than for Satan to be inside of you.

I would point out the double entendre, but I think you meant it the perverted way and would be surprised to discover the other way.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm

It might be a co-possession.

We did live in a two-family condo for all nineteen of our college years.

Olthar wrote:

You're both possessed by Ralph, the gas station attendant.

Ooh, that motherfucker. I always wondered what happened to him after the drive-by.

Mavorpen wrote:

Mav knows from experience.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Remember kids: It's better for you to be inside of Satan than for Satan to be inside of you.

I would point out the double entendre, but I think you meant it the perverted way and would be surprised to discover the other way.

Yes.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm

"When you destroyed that mountain, thousands of Olympians died!" Athena snapped at Crowley.

"It was either that or let Typhon out of his prison." Crowley snapped back. "I'm not happy with it, but we had to. If a thousand died so a hundred thousand lived, I had to make that choice. And not easily."

Athena glared at Crowley. "It was dishonourable." She muttered. "We could have sent Typhon back into his prison and done it in a more traditional way-"

"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask their corpses if honour matters." Crowley said simply, looking tired and weary. "I did what I had to do."

"Good." Athena said, nodding happily. "Glad you did. Ganesh was right about you, despite my initial misgivings."

Crowley stared. "What was he right about?"

"I was worried you were soft. You've proven you're ruthless and can make the hard choices." Athena said. "Honour doesn't matter compared to getting the job done. I read what had happened. There was no way for you to get out of that situation without killing many innocents. You managed to minimise causalities." the goddess of wisdom and war said.

Crowley glared at Athena. "I knew those civilians. I'll remember them."

"Good. Remember each and every sacrifice. But do not let them haunt you."

Crowley just stared out into space. Athena sighed. "Perhaps that was the thing Ganesh was wrong about. You are a bit soft." Athena clucked her tongue and walked away, changing into her battle armour for her own battle.

Crowley stared into space. He was there for some time.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
"When you destroyed that mountain, thousands of Olympians died!" Athena snapped at Crowley.

"It was either that or let Typhon out of his prison." Crowley snapped back. "I'm not happy with it, but we had to. If a thousand died so a hundred thousand lived, I had to make that choice. And not easily."

Athena glared at Crowley. "It was dishonourable." She muttered. "We could have sent Typhon back into his prison and done it in a more traditional way-"

"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask their corpses if honour matters." Crowley said simply, looking tired and weary. "I did what I had to do."

"Good." Athena said, nodding happily. "Glad you did. Ganesh was right about you, despite my initial misgivings."

"I was worried you were soft. You've proven you're ruthless and can make the hard choices." Athena said. "Honour doesn't matter compared to getting the job done. I read what had happened. There was no way for you to get out of that situation without killing many innocents. You managed to minimise causalities." the goddess of wisdom and war said.

Crowley just stared out into space. Athena sighed. "Perhaps that was the thing Ganesh was wrong about. You are a bit soft." Athena clucked her tongue and walked away, changing into her battle armour for her own battle.

"Better rape me some minors!" :p

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 pm

"Better rape me some minors!" :p

Well, he was on Olympus... :p
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Actually, there's my excuse.

Gods have weird sex lives.

People's views are shaped by the views of those around them.

Crowley hung out a lot with gods back then.

He picked up their sexual lifestyles and perfected it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Actually, there's my excuse.

Despite his utter disdain and irreverence to them?

Yeah, sure, we'll go with that.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Actually, there's my excuse.

Despite his utter disdain and irreverence to them?

Yeah, sure, we'll go with that.

Oh, he picked up a lot of sheer hatred towards them as time went on.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm

By the end of this Arc James will have figured out how to prevent himself from being teleported.

At which point he will be unstoppable.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm

At least you're honest with yourself, Night.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:By the end of this Arc James will have figured out how to prevent himself from being teleported.

At which point he will be unstoppable.

I'll just start dropping him into portals.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 pm

"Oh man, guys, this battle is gonna be gr-"

"CALLIEL, NOOOOOOO!"

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:At least you're honest with yourself, Night.

I'm not a psychopath, Jon, I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

Moffat wants to sue me.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:At least you're honest with yourself, Night.

I'm not a psychopath, Jon, I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

Moffat wants to sue me.

The only logical conclusion to Elfen High is Nolan and Moffat riding into battle on chariots of hellfire, their dark union forged in the pits of Tartarus in vengeance for your violation of their intellectual property/sanity.

Goodbye.

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

"Let me put in other words, Ivy: The universe doesn't want you to be happy and Wings is toast. Enjoy it while it lasts."

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Ende wrote:"Let me put in other words, Ivy: The universe doesn't want you to be happy and Wings is toast. Enjoy it while it lasts."

Crowley knows the universe pretty well.

Nobody is ever happy for long.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ende
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Hard.

There is a thin line between "amusing" and "stupid".

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse