NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones:Sign Ups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 am

San Monteriano wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:
Very well. May I do a little bit of godmodding as to his actions/position? I'm open to editing and all that afterwards. I just want to have a scene between him and Visenya to introduce the two, and then we can get into the play-by-play interactions, if that's okay (they're on Dragonstone, fyi).

Also, details about his personality and appearance are appreciated. This is kinda a major part of my upcoming post, and I'd like it sooner rather than later (sorry for that, I just don't want people to get bored waiting for my next post).

Edit: I'm a little unsure as to how to respond to the Ironborn selling their services. A small tax, most likely.

Yeah, that's fine. He could have been on a trader's ship which took him to Dragonstone or something, I'm sure you can think of something. Well, firstly, Loghain has a devious, sadistic side of him which mostly comes out when he sets his eyes on a specific goal on ambition. He's always felt pulled back due to his status as a lord's bastard and aspired to be more than that, much more. However seeing Daeher, a bastard, gain a prestigious position has made him bitter and envious. Around people he doesn't know (or knows very little), he holds his tongue, tending to exhibit a certain shyness; he also does this around his father, brother and sister, who aren't really aware of his plans and personality. He can be broken easily by powerful women, however, because he doesn't know what they're capable of; he can guess what men would do: heads, spikes, walls. Women, on the other hand, can be much more ruthless, he believes.

Is that enough for now? Also, he's a bit of a coward, in battle, that is, but that's irrelevant at the minute. I look forward to the post ;)

Yes. There is the slight issue of him running around with a woman old enough to be his mother, but.....I guess Visenya likes her men young. Hmhmhmhmhmhmhmmmmm. Lessee. Does he like his family, or no?

San Monteriano
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 am

Mishmahig wrote:
Yes. There is the slight issue of him running around with a woman old enough to be his mother, but.....I guess Visenya likes her men young. Hmhmhmhmhmhmhmmmmm. Lessee. Does he like his family, or no?

He would hang around her for power, since being a Targaryen, and a slight sense of intimidation. And not really, he doesn't like his father because, well, he fathered him as a bastard, but he doesn't mind his half-brother, though hates his noble ideals, and gets along with his half-sister rather well. He does, however, hold contempt for nobility and those who would oppose him, though sees the Targaryens in awe with their near-absolute authority.
Monarch: Caterina I, HRDM
Prime Minister: Cristina S'Forza (PD)
Capital: San Monteriano (city)
National Language: Italian; English
Demonym: San Monteriani/Monterianese
RP Population: 62.5 million
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:
Tunasai wrote:Why would he make this up though?

Can I interest you in these magic beans I'm selling?

Ceannairceach wrote:If I were optimistic, I'd never be pleasantly surprised.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Tagmatium wrote:Yes - anything else is wishful thinking or wilful ignorance.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

"RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!" - Galbart Glover

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am

Mishmahig wrote:Lord Chelsted is become aged and infirm. Soon he'll step down---or be made to by Daeher (politely, of course). Daeher will attempt to gain some credibility both in the Court and afar by inviting Lady Catherina to become the Master of Coin, an unusual but not unmanageable situation. By doing so, he hopes to take credit for the presumed increase in Royal revenue, as well as buy some goodwill in the Vale.

Yes, of course it'll be viewed as a blatant bribe by the Arryns, seeing as he's a bastard and all, but really, he's new to the Court. He's not up to Machiavellian plots yet.

He may gain some goodwill in the Vale but it wont be much I am afraid. Jeor Arryn, who doesn't like Daeher because of his general dislike for bastardry and a particular dislike at the fact that the King fathered a bastard on a Vale woman, will likely be torn between considering it an insult that his unruly and disappointing daughter is appointed to a position of power, and being happy to have one of his House serve the Realm again.

As for Lady Catherina herself she would likely be willing to take the position under the right circumstances (but would not consider that a great favor as she is fairly indifferent towards positions). Assuming that the circumstances suited her she could however very well be a good and (somewhat) loyal ally of Daeher. Plus she is certainly up to Machiavellian plots when it is necessary, so much so that I have considered having her write a Westerosi version of "The Prince".
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:Lord Chelsted is become aged and infirm. Soon he'll step down---or be made to by Daeher (politely, of course). Daeher will attempt to gain some credibility both in the Court and afar by inviting Lady Catherina to become the Master of Coin, an unusual but not unmanageable situation. By doing so, he hopes to take credit for the presumed increase in Royal revenue, as well as buy some goodwill in the Vale.

Yes, of course it'll be viewed as a blatant bribe by the Arryns, seeing as he's a bastard and all, but really, he's new to the Court. He's not up to Machiavellian plots yet.

He may gain some goodwill in the Vale but it wont be much I am afraid. Jeor Arryn, who doesn't like Daeher because of his general dislike for bastardry and a particular dislike at the fact that the King fathered a bastard on a Vale woman, will likely be torn between considering it an insult that his unruly and disappointing daughter is appointed to a position of power, and being happy to have one of his House serve the Realm again.

As for Lady Catherina herself she would likely be willing to take the position under the right circumstances (but would not consider that a great favor as she is fairly indifferent towards positions). Assuming that the circumstances suited her she could however very well be a good and (somewhat) loyal ally of Daeher. Plus she is certainly up to Machiavellian plots when it is necessary, so much so that I have considered having her write a Westerosi version of "The Prince".

Ah, fortunate timing. The request is actually going to come from Visenya, not Daeher. Since no one dares cross Visenya within the Targaryen family, however, it will be written/taken as the equivalent of the King's word. Lady Catherina should get the whole ceremony/pomp of a royal appointment, even if it's by Visenya instead.
Last edited by Mishmahig on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

Mishmahig wrote:Ah, fortunate timing. The request is actually going to come from Visenya, not Daeher. Since no one dares cross Visenya within the Targaryen family, however, it will be written/taken as the equivalent of the King's word. Lady Catherina should get the whole ceremony/pomp of a royal appointment, even if it's by Visenya instead.

Its not ceremony/pomp Lady Catherina craves it is real influence. If she were to take the position of Master of Coin she would want assurances that she wouldn't simply be a rubber stamp for economic policies she disagree with. She is a person who, for the most part, is unmotivated by personal ambition for fancy titles and honors. Only if she believe that in becoming Master of Coin she will either help shape the Seven Kingdoms in a, to her, desirable way or increase her personal wealth/power so she may in the future be more empowered to push Westeros in the right direction, would she be interested.

Also, as a result of that, she is not going to drop everything and head for King's Landing to become Master of Coin unless she is fairly certain that there will be ample support behind her appointment. If she has to fight half the royal family to just be invested as Master of Coin she is not willing to take the position.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:Ah, fortunate timing. The request is actually going to come from Visenya, not Daeher. Since no one dares cross Visenya within the Targaryen family, however, it will be written/taken as the equivalent of the King's word. Lady Catherina should get the whole ceremony/pomp of a royal appointment, even if it's by Visenya instead.

Its not ceremony/pomp Lady Catherina craves it is real influence. If she were to take the position of Master of Coin she would want assurances that she wouldn't simply be a rubber stamp for economic policies she disagree with. She is a person who, for the most part, is unmotivated by personal ambition for fancy titles and honors. Only if she believe that in becoming Master of Coin she will either help shape the Seven Kingdoms in a, to her, desirable way or increase her personal wealth/power so she may in the future be more empowered to push Westeros in the right direction, would she be interested.

Also, as a result of that, she is not going to drop everything and head for King's Landing to become Master of Coin unless she is fairly certain that there will be ample support behind her appointment. If she has to fight half the royal family to just be invested as Master of Coin she is not willing to take the position.

She's going to defy Visenya? Nobody defies Visenya. Not even the rest of the Royal Family (yet). In modern slang/talk, Visenya is "totes cray cray", or absolutely batcrud insane and brutal.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am

Mishmahig wrote:She's going to defy Visenya? Nobody defies Visenya. Not even the rest of the Royal Family (yet). In modern slang/talk, Visenya is "totes cray cray", or absolutely batcrud insane and brutal.

I didn't say she would defy Visenya. Lady Catherina is a shrewd diplomatic woman who likes to keep her options open. In a world were swords does the talking she is however dependent on her father and his bannermen and those are sworn to the King in King's Landing not the princess at Dragonstone.

But of course if the rest of the Targaryen's do not object (what are they scared of?) then there is no problem.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Mishmahig wrote:Edit: I'm a little unsure as to how to respond to the Ironborn selling their services. A small tax, most likely.

They're already taxed for it, since the Iron Islands pay taxes directly to the crown. You should probably make a retroactive mention, I suppose, to establish the tax and the Iron Throne watching the region it just crushed re-militarizing. The Iron Throne isn't likely to miss a former rebellious region now whoring itself out for foreign coin.
Last edited by Stark of Winterfell on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Soutona wrote:
You make it sound as if they just filped a coin and decided to rise up, for the two times that they have risen in rebellion there were two MAJOR catalysts for those rebellions. One was the ending of Roberts Rebellion and the other was the War of Five Kings, even Balon Twice-Crowned only rebelled when there was a chance for victory. As for that Armor comment, the only person who does that is Victarion and it's stated in the book as if it were an anomaly even for the rest of the Ironborn. Nobody else is stated as doing so, so obviously the Ironborn are scared of drowning because they are, you know, Human Beings who have the desires and motivations as the rest of us.

The thing is you are taking traits from men like Balon Greyjoy and Victarion Greyjoy and applying them to the whole of the Iron Islands, which is just wrong not every Ironborn is a fanatical follower of the Drowned God. Are all Northmen as solemn and Honorable as the Starks? Do all Rivermen have the Traits of the Tully's? Are all the men of the Vail as batshit insane as Lysa Arryn? Are all Stormmen as passionate as the Baratheon's? The answer is a resounding no, this plain deadset view of an entire people is shallow. This idea that they have to be this way, because they were like this 300 or even 20 years ago is ludicrous. I mean look at viking culture in the 11th century then look at it in the 14th century, people's mentalities are just not the same.

Look at the Kings Moot in the Fourth Book, while Victarion still had more support after Asha gave her speech she still had a considerable amount of support. Meaning that not all Ironborn are the mindless savages you portray them out to be. Asha offered peace for land and many men had raised their voice in approval. Now Imagine for twenty years they had lived in a relatively peaceful and prosperous society and were asked the same question, many more would support it? Imagine if it was their lord, not a woman trying to become the first ever queen of the Iron Islands, that had given them this offer how many more men would support it. Of course a couple people would try to hold onto the old ways, every society has a group of people that want to hold onto the past but if provided with a better option the majority of people will move forward.

Now I am done arguing about this. Now could we all spend less time debating Ironborn mentality and move on to working on In character posts for the love of god.

It's pretty clear you want a different culture for them contrary to the natural one, but I'll stop arguing it with you even though you're wrong about a few notions of the Ironborn. As long as it's RPed believably it doesn't matter.
It'll be interesting to see a culture that follow a god they believe created them to reave and raid decide to become merchants and sellsails.

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Since I'm struggling to find something to do with myself, does Soutona fancy raiding my shores? And no, that's not euphemism. It wouldn't be unlike the Ironmen to carry out some raiding now and then. Other than that, I'm struggling with things to write about. Might take up an individual character as well as this house, be a Bravosi (or is it two 'o's) or something.
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Send your household to King's Landing to participate at Court.
That's what nobles do when bored anyway.

Edit: They can link up with the Starks on the Kingsroad near Harrenhal. I have my next post almost ready.
Last edited by Stark of Winterfell on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Stark of Winterfell wrote:Send your household to King's Landing to participate at Court.

Edit: They can link up with the Starks on the Kingsroad near Harrenhal. I have my next post almost ready.

Well met, I shall send Annys' son and her nephew! I'm planning on killing off Arron soon, if anyone has any suggestions? Perhaps something in King's Landing.
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 pm

How about a drunken knife fight against a poxy whore?

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Stark of Winterfell wrote:How about a drunken knife fight against a poxy whore?

Or a drunken knife fight over a poxy whore! Something like that, anyway, maybe Lannister's invincible Red Guards could trample over him and we'll see how the fight goes :p Honestly, I would transfer from Tully to Tyrell if it wasn't for Annys, the sole person I've arranged my household around.
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Soutona
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soutona » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

San Monteriano wrote:
Stark of Winterfell wrote:Send your household to King's Landing to participate at Court.

Well met, I shall send Annys' son and her nephew! I'm planning on killing off Arron soon, if anyone has any suggestions? Perhaps something in King's Landing.

Well I was planning to bring Guron to kings landing as a ploy to separate him from his supporters, maybe they could meet up at a brothel or an Inn in the city where Guron kills him.
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” -Charles Bukowski

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 pm

New post up, hope no one minds the slight time leap. Takes forever to move south and I figured nothing major was going on. As a side note, introduced a couple new characters including what I hope to be this generation's Simon Toyne/Gregor Clegane. Cheers.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:She's going to defy Visenya? Nobody defies Visenya. Not even the rest of the Royal Family (yet). In modern slang/talk, Visenya is "totes cray cray", or absolutely batcrud insane and brutal.

I didn't say she would defy Visenya. Lady Catherina is a shrewd diplomatic woman who likes to keep her options open. In a world were swords does the talking she is however dependent on her father and his bannermen and those are sworn to the King in King's Landing not the princess at Dragonstone.

But of course if the rest of the Targaryen's do not object (what are they scared of?) then there is no problem.

They're scared of Visenya. In a family known for streaks of madness, she is especially insane, but it's a smart insanity. Remember what she did to Aemon V's (and her) father and brother....

Essentially, it'll get to the point (not yet), where she'll get to Maegor/Aerys' level of insanity/cruelty.

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

@Mish, any idea how the Targaryens view their Warden of the North and his house?

I'd had it in mind that Art's father and grandfather met young deaths in service to the Dragon, leaving him a child lord many years before. This has instilled both a respectful belief in following the King's Law and oaths, but left him with a lingering distaste for being involved in politics down south. He has respect for his king as a distant paternal figure, but resents the waste and pomp in the court. He has few personal friends in the south, and has not been overly close even with his late wife's family (the Tullys).
The North has had little involvement overall in the affairs of the rest of the kingdom. No northmen sit the King's council or stand in his Kingsguard, nor do any northern-born men hold any high office. As a youth Jonos Stark wanted to go south to join the Kingsguard, but Art forbid it and insisted a Stark's place was in the North. This rumor may or may not have made it south.

Just thought I'd throw some of this out there. :)

Edit: Updated Household post.
Last edited by Stark of Winterfell on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Stark of Winterfell wrote:@Mish, any idea how the Targaryens view their Warden of the North and his house?

I'd had it in mind that Art's father and grandfather met young deaths in service to the Dragon, leaving him a child lord many years before. This has instilled both a respectful belief in following the King's Law and oaths, but left him with a lingering distaste for being involved in politics down south. He has respect for his king as a distant paternal figure, but resents the waste and pomp in the court. He has few personal friends in the south, and has not been overly close even with his late wife's family (the Tullys).
The North has had little involvement overall in the affairs of the rest of the kingdom. No northmen sit the King's council or stand in his Kingsguard, nor do any northern-born men hold any high office. As a youth Jonos Stark wanted to go south to join the Kingsguard, but Art forbid it and insisted a Stark's place was in the North. This rumor may or may not have made it south.

Just thought I'd throw some of this out there. :)

Edit: Updated Household post.

Honestly, Daerys and Rhaegona are going to view them with some small form of contempt/dismissal, since they're court-bred nobles, which means they view North as a barren wasteland with nothing there worth bothering about.

Daeher will respect them as the Wardens of the North, and their sense of honor and chivalry should 'click' nicely.

Aegon has fits, so whatever he thinks of the North will vary, although he probably won't trust them because of the Jonos Stark thing you said.

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Very nice.

Note to self: Don't wake the dragon.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 am

Mishmahig wrote:They're scared of Visenya. In a family known for streaks of madness, she is especially insane, but it's a smart insanity. Remember what she did to Aemon V's (and her) father and brother....

Essentially, it'll get to the point (not yet), where she'll get to Maegor/Aerys' level of insanity/cruelty.

Well Maegor and Aerys had the advantages of being kings with the command over huge armies. Visenya is lady of Dragonstone, why don't the king just execute her if he is afraid of her?
Nation RP name

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:They're scared of Visenya. In a family known for streaks of madness, she is especially insane, but it's a smart insanity. Remember what she did to Aemon V's (and her) father and brother....

Well Maegor and Aerys had the advantages of being kings with the command over huge armies. Visenya is lady of Dragonstone, why don't the king just execute her if he is afraid of her?

Her actions did get him the throne, so he feels slightly indebted, and she hasn't done anything directly against him, so there's no reason for that. There's also the fits he has, so he's not always rational when it comes to perceiving threats.

Stark of Winterfell
Spokesperson

Postby Stark of Winterfell » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 am

Quendi, are the Arryns in/coming to King's Landing?

I have son, you have a daughter. We can join Stark and Arryn.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am

Mishmahig wrote:Her actions did get him the throne, so he feels slightly indebted, and she hasn't done anything directly against him, so there's no reason for that. There's also the fits he has, so he's not always rational when it comes to perceiving threats.

I see. Well if the rest of the royal family isn't going to object then I will have Lady Catherina take the position.

Stark of Winterfell wrote:Quendi, are the Arryns in/coming to King's Landing?

I have son, you have a daughter. We can join Stark and Arryn.

I am making a post to that effect presently, and House Arryn would certainly appreciate a Northern bride, though Lord Jeor is somewhat of an Andal racist so you may have to play up the Tully connection and not talk too loudly about the Old Gods, the First Men or other barbaric northern customs. :p
Nation RP name

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Why do my posts always look paltry compared to yours, Quendi? ;) No, honestly, very good, I enjoy reading them!
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse