NATION

PASSWORD

1919: Beginning of the End [IC/Closed unless you signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vuvask-hab
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vuvask-hab » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Ublia wrote:Warsaw

Field Marshal Count Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf and his Chief of Staff Colonel Emil Fey had spent eleven months in Poland with 10,000 members of the Austrian Legion. But thanks to the reunion with Hungary they now had 20,000 at their disposal. Walking into the offices of Marshal Józef Piłsudski. Hötzendorf at the same time he walked he read, the latest reports from his military advisors were quite good. The Polish were operating with great profficency. Meanwhile weapon from a returning Austro-Hungarian arms industry were flwoing north as well. He smiled they had a ways to go but for now Austria-Hungary had once more exceeded the worlds expectations.


"Ah, Herr von Hötzendorf, Herr Fey," Piłsudski said with a smile as the two entered the room, "I'm glad you could make it." He noticed the papers in the Field Marshal's hands. "Are those the military reports you're reading, Marshal? I have them here as well, and it certainly looks like we have a chance against the 'USSR', as they're calling themselves now. Speaking of which, that is what I would like to talk about today. I have a feeling, judging from these reports, that Poland is as ready as it will ever be to invade Belarus. To wait longer would allow the Soviets to garrison more troops along the border and, well, it would be suicide for the fools who attack. Nonetheless, Poland still needs strong allies by her side: we would never be able to go it alone. That is why the choice of whether we begin today, or tomorrow, or the day after that, or whenever, rests on your shoulders, Herr von Hötzendorf. I have been itching for war since you stepped foot in Warsaw, but it's your call."
Republic of Vūvask-hab - Vūvask lödīgj
"Vezäisk sēdärosk sað dȳhj enāvhj, amots sask fäisk."
Capital: Lödab || Nat'l language: Vuzantugian || MT/FT || Factbook || Union of Socialist Nations
THAT FLAG. IT DOES NOT HAVE A BOAT
Secular democratic market socialist republic (both techs)
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74
Atheist+/baby-eating brony anarcho-communist

Anything and everything that is my nation is subject to change at a whim.

User avatar
Costa Alegria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6454
Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Southwestern Congo:

The forward observation post was well within range of the established frontier. Major Klaas Roebeck observed the quiet and unguarded frontier crossing through a pair of field binoculars. The post, dug atop a small mound and well camouflaged by shrubs and tree branches, was no more than a few hundred yards away from the first steps inside Cabinda. Major Roebeck was already a war veteran, having served in the German Cameroons as well as the occupation of the colonies of Rwanda and Burundi. As was typical of colonial forces, the men under Roebeck's command were most native Africans known as askaris and most of the officers were Belgian. Roebeck commanded an infantry company, which, along with six other companies, was part of the task force assigned to take the capital of the territory.

The frontier post had a small shack and a long wooden branch stripped of all bark for the barrier. The guards, who had left earlier, still had not returned, and the time was near. At nearly seven in the morning, the distant pips of whistles signaled the advance was to begin.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

User avatar
Ublia
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Vuvask-hab wrote:
Ublia wrote:Warsaw

Field Marshal Count Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf and his Chief of Staff Colonel Emil Fey had spent eleven months in Poland with 10,000 members of the Austrian Legion. But thanks to the reunion with Hungary they now had 20,000 at their disposal. Walking into the offices of Marshal Józef Piłsudski. Hötzendorf at the same time he walked he read, the latest reports from his military advisors were quite good. The Polish were operating with great profficency. Meanwhile weapon from a returning Austro-Hungarian arms industry were flwoing north as well. He smiled they had a ways to go but for now Austria-Hungary had once more exceeded the worlds expectations.


"Ah, Herr von Hötzendorf, Herr Fey," Piłsudski said with a smile as the two entered the room, "I'm glad you could make it." He noticed the papers in the Field Marshal's hands. "Are those the military reports you're reading, Marshal? I have them here as well, and it certainly looks like we have a chance against the 'USSR', as they're calling themselves now. Speaking of which, that is what I would like to talk about today. I have a feeling, judging from these reports, that Poland is as ready as it will ever be to invade Belarus. To wait longer would allow the Soviets to garrison more troops along the border and, well, it would be suicide for the fools who attack. Nonetheless, Poland still needs strong allies by her side: we would never be able to go it alone. That is why the choice of whether we begin today, or tomorrow, or the day after that, or whenever, rests on your shoulders, Herr von Hötzendorf. I have been itching for war since you stepped foot in Warsaw, but it's your call."


Von Hötzendorf admired the Polish martial spirit. He admired the Polish leader he then spoke "Before we do any serious action. I wish to personally examine the border defenses should the plan go south, though I have faith in our combined armies Herr Piłsudski we must be absolutelly ready. The last time I charged into something I nearlly lost the day. That will not happen again. I will inspect the defenses as well i would like to meet with the man or men yoiu'll be placing as the commanders for this operation. The Austrian Legion as well has recieved fresh supplies and also a 5,000 strong volunteer force from our Hungarian troops. My government meanwhile also is preparing troops along Czecholsovakia. I suggest you do the samne. Those Czechs are only one step away from being in Lenins camp." with that he then turned to Colonel Fey whom also gave his own recommendations. "Sir, the Legio has trained your own troops in the best techniques available. Especially defensive. Now the damn commies outnumber us however we must take into acount that our own superior technology gives us a good edge. At the moment we have also beun to import a large number of howitzers and more mobile artillery. Sadlly we also understand that due to the muddy terrain of Belarus we the sucsess of our armoured cars will be reduced from what you had seen in Hungary." the Colonel with that finished and the two Austrians awaited his response.
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

User avatar
Vuvask-hab
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vuvask-hab » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Ublia wrote:Von Hötzendorf admired the Polish martial spirit. He admired the Polish leader he then spoke "Before we do any serious action. I wish to personally examine the border defenses should the plan go south, though I have faith in our combined armies Herr Piłsudski we must be absolutelly ready. The last time I charged into something I nearlly lost the day. That will not happen again. I will inspect the defenses as well i would like to meet with the man or men yoiu'll be placing as the commanders for this operation. The Austrian Legion as well has recieved fresh supplies and also a 5,000 strong volunteer force from our Hungarian troops. My government meanwhile also is preparing troops along Czecholsovakia. I suggest you do the samne. Those Czechs are only one step away from being in Lenins camp." with that he then turned to Colonel Fey whom also gave his own recommendations. "Sir, the Legio has trained your own troops in the best techniques available. Especially defensive. Now the damn commies outnumber us however we must take into acount that our own superior technology gives us a good edge. At the moment we have also beun to import a large number of howitzers and more mobile artillery. Sadlly we also understand that due to the muddy terrain of Belarus we the sucsess of our armoured cars will be reduced from what you had seen in Hungary." the Colonel with that finished and the two Austrians awaited his response.


"That's convenient," Piłsudski responded, "When they arrive, you'll be able to meet the men I've entrusted the Land Forces to." He paused for a second. "Ah, here they come now."
Three middle aged men each entered the the room, and saluted von Hötzendorf in unison. "This one," said Piłsudski while pointing at the one who was bald, "is Brigadier General Edward Rydz-Śmigły. Don't be fooled by the 'brigadier' in his title: he is my direct subordinate." Both he and Rydz-Śmigły chuckled. "Next to him is Lieutenant General Tadeusz Jordan-Rozwadowski, who also serves many of the functions Herr Fey serves in the Legion. And last but not least, Lieutenant General Władysław Sikorski, who has served with distinction fighting in the Legions." Sikorski looked down on the floor, humbled.

"Concerning the armoured cars, Herr Fey, I can only say we'll have to make do. We can hope that the Soviets also have difficulties in Belarus so the playing field can be levelled, but even then, I suppose things can't always go our way, can they?" Piłsudski laughed. "Herr von Hötzendorf, you may begin your inspection with me and the generals now if you wish. And thank you for informing us about Czechoslovakia, we'll have to keep our eyes out too."

5000 men are garrisoned along the Czechoslovakian border, especially in Cieszyn, in order to keep an eye out for any potentially hostile activity. By invading Belarus, they would be risking the safety of the Polish minority in Czechoslovakia if it was found they were in league with the USSR.
Republic of Vūvask-hab - Vūvask lödīgj
"Vezäisk sēdärosk sað dȳhj enāvhj, amots sask fäisk."
Capital: Lödab || Nat'l language: Vuzantugian || MT/FT || Factbook || Union of Socialist Nations
THAT FLAG. IT DOES NOT HAVE A BOAT
Secular democratic market socialist republic (both techs)
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74
Atheist+/baby-eating brony anarcho-communist

Anything and everything that is my nation is subject to change at a whim.

User avatar
Burkia
Envoy
 
Posts: 260
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Burkia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:20 pm

King Alfonso XIII,
Madrid, Spain
January, 1920

Our troops in Guatemala were successful in liberating them from their former oppressive ruler. It is with pleasure that I declare the annexation of Guatemala within our great Empire called Spain. Guatemalans have pledged their loyalty to the Spanish Crown; construction workers, political and fiscal advisers are en-route to Guatemala City to aid in the rebuilding of our new territory. Negotiations have begun with El Salvador, who contacted my representatives concerning economic and political incentives. But more will come later. To our new Guatemalan brothers, welcome! Long Live Spain!

The King's Foreign Affairs minister finished his speech; he took his headphones off and walked out off the booth. There King Alfonso and three technicians were standing, listening; "Well done Raul. An excellent speech" the King complimented. The speech would be recorded and put out to the two radio stations in Spain, as well as the BBC. The speech would also be printed in the newspapers of Spain. King Alfonso turned to one of the techs, "Erase the part about El Salvador. I don't want the international community to have an inkling about what comes next. España va a ser grande otra vez!"

An adviser entered the room; he bowed to the King, "Sir. It has started." King Alfonso smiled, "Excellent."

Summary:
-Guatemala has been annexed
-10,000 Spanish troops have invaded El Salvador
-Construction workers, political and fiscal advisers are en-route to speed up the process of rebuilding
Last edited by Burkia on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why do you support and help people fighting for peace? I mean, you're only an artist.
"It's like crossing the park, seeing someone get raped and not doing something about it. It's wrong." - John Lennon's answer to the above
Solidarity
If he opens his big mouth again, it's lampshade time! - Mister Hilter
CPUSA
Member of the Allied Nations Treaty Organization

User avatar
Vredlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5097
Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am

Bulgaria

The Romanian forces had made tremendous progress. In the west the forces have reached and besieged Burgos.
Bulgarian forces concentrate on holding the line in the east near Sofia.
They have been pushed back around 7 kilometres.

If the western army conqueres Burgos, they will march on towards Sofia.
The reinforcements have arrived last night. They have almost reached the already tired troops.

Bucharest, Romania

The government has voted about a new law protecting jews and other minorities from racists.
Unfortunately this has led to a new rush on the membership lists of the Iron Guard as the people think the government doesn't care for them, only for international reputation and the jews.

King Ferdinand I sat at his desk, dictating a telegram to Spain.

To: Spain
From: Romania

We reached message of your sudden invasion and want to let you know we feel despise for this guileful attack on a souvereign and free nation like El Salvador. As you attacked Guatemala we thougt it was a bad idea, but we didn't say anything. But this is too much. As King of a proud nation it's my duty to remind you on the current tense situation. If you continue assaults on peaceful nations, we will stop all diplomatic contacts with you.

Signed,
Ferdinand I
King of Romania

User avatar
Ublia
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Vuvask-hab wrote:
Ublia wrote:Von Hötzendorf admired the Polish martial spirit. He admired the Polish leader he then spoke "Before we do any serious action. I wish to personally examine the border defenses should the plan go south, though I have faith in our combined armies Herr Piłsudski we must be absolutelly ready. The last time I charged into something I nearlly lost the day. That will not happen again. I will inspect the defenses as well i would like to meet with the man or men yoiu'll be placing as the commanders for this operation. The Austrian Legion as well has recieved fresh supplies and also a 5,000 strong volunteer force from our Hungarian troops. My government meanwhile also is preparing troops along Czecholsovakia. I suggest you do the samne. Those Czechs are only one step away from being in Lenins camp." with that he then turned to Colonel Fey whom also gave his own recommendations. "Sir, the Legio has trained your own troops in the best techniques available. Especially defensive. Now the damn commies outnumber us however we must take into acount that our own superior technology gives us a good edge. At the moment we have also beun to import a large number of howitzers and more mobile artillery. Sadlly we also understand that due to the muddy terrain of Belarus we the sucsess of our armoured cars will be reduced from what you had seen in Hungary." the Colonel with that finished and the two Austrians awaited his response.


"That's convenient," Piłsudski responded, "When they arrive, you'll be able to meet the men I've entrusted the Land Forces to." He paused for a second. "Ah, here they come now."
Three middle aged men each entered the the room, and saluted von Hötzendorf in unison. "This one," said Piłsudski while pointing at the one who was bald, "is Brigadier General Edward Rydz-Śmigły. Don't be fooled by the 'brigadier' in his title: he is my direct subordinate." Both he and Rydz-Śmigły chuckled. "Next to him is Lieutenant General Tadeusz Jordan-Rozwadowski, who also serves many of the functions Herr Fey serves in the Legion. And last but not least, Lieutenant General Władysław Sikorski, who has served with distinction fighting in the Legions." Sikorski looked down on the floor, humbled.

"Concerning the armoured cars, Herr Fey, I can only say we'll have to make do. We can hope that the Soviets also have difficulties in Belarus so the playing field can be levelled, but even then, I suppose things can't always go our way, can they?" Piłsudski laughed. "Herr von Hötzendorf, you may begin your inspection with me and the generals now if you wish. And thank you for informing us about Czechoslovakia, we'll have to keep our eyes out too."

5000 men are garrisoned along the Czechoslovakian border, especially in Cieszyn, in order to keep an eye out for any potentially hostile activity. By invading Belarus, they would be risking the safety of the Polish minority in Czechoslovakia if it was found they were in league with the USSR.


Marshal von Hötzendorf nodded n agreement with the Polish leader. "Very good sir. And a pleasure to meet you all." he then shook hands with the other Polish commanders. Now gentlemen I and Colonel Fey wish to inspect thye men you may join us if you wish?" he asked watching as Fey meanwhile was buisy eying all three like a hawk. The man was far to paranoid at times, the Marshal thought however he refrained to publiclly scold his subordinate. Fey then noticed the Marshals glare and silently followed a silent order and then turned to some papers in his hand.
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

User avatar
Kerblaekistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1497
Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerblaekistan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:41 pm

A group of Turkish built monoplanes landed in a field outside Moscow. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, designer of the plane, preferred to fly himself instead of passing the time looking out the window on a huge plane. Once the plane came to a stop, a car rushed over to pick up Ataturk. Once he was in, the automobile paraded through the city surrounded by Turkish cavalry. The Russians couldnthelp but notice this odd event. Soon, the car stopped in front of the Kremlin, and Ataturk stepped out, waiting to be let in.
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

-John F. Kennedy

Sokka's Guide to surviving the Desert
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
-Sheldon Cooper on 'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.'

User avatar
Costa Alegria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6454
Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Cabinda:

The sun had appeared from behind one of the many bright white fluffy clouds that dotted the blue sky above, the heat more intense than ever. The small town which was the territory's capital had been taken in two days with no shots fired. The defenders had left and what they had left behind were a few rogue native soldiers and large amounts of rifles, ammunition and a dozen machine guns. They had all been left in piles on the main wharves in the harbour as well as in the main square along with a couple of armoured cars. They had been put to good use by local police forces which had been restoring law and order after the Belgian invasion. Major Klaas Roebeck stood at the top of the steps of a small hotel, which was serving as a rudimentary headquarters for the local branch of the Force Publique. He had another, albeit brief, campaign to add to his military career and was hoping to regain his post in Rwanda again. But the upper echelons of command had other ideas. Next to him on the stairs was a friend of his he met in the officer's academy back in Brussels. Also a Major, Lionel Ducrot was slightly shorter than Roebeck was but was also just as capable. They often shared a friendly rivalry which began during the campaign in East Africa. But now, that rivalry was being put on hold.
"They want me to return to Belgium," Roebeck said. "They're obviously planning something."
"I can't imagine where." Ducrot commented, staring out across the square, where men were packing rifles into new crates and loading them onto carts and lorries. "Romania is too far away and we wouldn't dare do anything to confront the Germans." Roebeck sighed. All he could do now was wait.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

User avatar
Vredlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5097
Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 am

Bulgaria

The Romanian forces have pushed back the Bulgarian army. They will now retreat to Sofia.
A line of soldiers had been build near Botevgrad and Pirdop.
The final assault will begin in a few days and hopefully end with full annexation of Bulgaria.

Even though Romanias forces would be strong enough to attack now, they are badly supplied and therefore wait a few days.

User avatar
Ardboe Eire
Minister
 
Posts: 2578
Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardboe Eire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 am

Portugal
The President of Portugal Sidónio Pais looked at Europe.
After fighting in the war and losing 20,000 men.
But Portugal earned no land for it.

To Spain
We the Government of Portugal believe we the countries on the Iberian peninsula should have a close friendship.
Maybe a trading treaty?
The Government of Portugal


To Brazil
Would you agree in a trading union.
We should unite due to being linked in language,Religion and culture.
Would you agree?
The Government of Portugal


To China
Is our port of Macau in your Vincinity and East Timor safe?
The Government of Portugal

In the Azores the Government plan to build on the Air base left by the Americans and build a new base called an 'aeroporto' or Airport in English.
The government also plan to expand the port into a Naval base for Atlantic operations to Africa.

Empire of Portugal
Image
Last edited by Ardboe Eire on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
RPs I'm participating in:

Die Wende:The change (Cold War RP)OOC/Signup:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235188&p=13832294#p13832294

World of 2013 RP(OOC/Sing-up page):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232224

East Vs. West (Cold War RP:OOC/Signups):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232162

User avatar
Unicario
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7474
Founded: Nov 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unicario » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 pm

January 27, 1920
Mannheim, Germany

In the kitchen belonging to Louise Speer, the radio broadcasting smooth music from across the world let out a precarious chime. "The time is currently 7:30, and you are listening to Radio Deutschland, the primary radio service for the German Fatherland." A voice edged across, "Today, His Majesty the Kaiser, and Chancellor Adolf Hitler met with the cabinet to discuss new policy." The announcer cleared his throat before continuing, "It has been reported that American dissenter, Franklin Delanor Roosevelt has been appointed by Chancellor Hitler as Foreign Minister, as Konrad Adenauer has been moved to Secretary of Economics. The three men shook hands before the Kaiser, and got to work. When asked on his new position, Herr Roosevelt stated the following. "The German nation will be stronger than it has ever been before, united under common bonds of freedom, unity and justice, Germany will overcome any misguided attempts by foreign powers to distract and divide the German people." Chancellor Hitler gave his usual fire-laden speech, pushing his beliefs of German justice, for all Germans, of all ethnic backgrounds or religion."

The announcer smiled and said, "And now it's time for Kindersprechen, the program where the children of the Fatherland write to discuss current issues in the German nation." Louise called out, "Albert! Come here, mein Kind!" young 13-year old Albert Speer strolled into his mother's kitchen and said, "Ja, mutti?" She said, "They might read your letter!" He smiled and the radio said, "Here's a good one, from Mannheim, from a young man named Albert Speer."

The announcer said, "I am 13 years old and I have wondered for the longest time -- Why is there not more focus on German architecture and cultural prestige?" The announcer said, "Good question, Albert. It also brings me to my next topic. The local government of Baden-Wurttemburg has announced a contest for youths 13 and older to make designs for a new design to be erected in Wurttemburg. The best design will get a trip to the capital of the province to witness them start building the winner's project, aswell as a trip to Berlin to meet Chancellor Hitler and His Majesty, the Kaiser."

Albert grinned and said, "Mutti, I shall get started RIGHT AWAY!" He laughed loudly and ran off to his room, to start his designs.

Louise smiled at her vicarious son and said, "Go forth, Berthold."
Dai Ginkaigan Teikoku
Head of State: Ranko XIX Tentai
Ruling party is the Zenminjintō (Socialist Coalition)
Ginkaigan is currently at peace.

User avatar
Ardboe Eire
Minister
 
Posts: 2578
Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardboe Eire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Civil War
This is a national radio broadcast from Nacional Radio:
"President Sidónio Pais is murdered in cold blood!!!!!
Sidónio Pais is shot by Royalists after disembarking a train,while heading to a military parade.
Riots break out in Lisbon between Royalists and Republicans.
Army units are loyal to the Government.
Royalists are assembled in Porto.
They declare an unofficial restoration.
Jose Relvas is declared interim President and commander of the army.
Leaders of the Royalists are to be rounded up and taking to Lisbon.
The Republicans and ordinary Portuguese pray for Sidónio Pais in mass ceromonys in the south of Portugal.
RPs I'm participating in:

Die Wende:The change (Cold War RP)OOC/Signup:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235188&p=13832294#p13832294

World of 2013 RP(OOC/Sing-up page):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232224

East Vs. West (Cold War RP:OOC/Signups):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232162

User avatar
Kazarogkai
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8039
Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Zewditu I
The Great Royal Fortress(modern day Addis Ababa)


Zewditu looked upon the newspaper, it told of the going ons and such of the common people, she was rather interested in these things wanting to know what could be done to improve her country's rather precarious situation. He land of Ethiopia was surrounded on all sounds by European powers who coveted her peoples land. Long Ago they had defeated one of them known as the Italians decisively and since then they were recognized by the europeans. But she knew that it was best not to just go slack and let their guard down, she needed to strengthen her nation so that they could handle any threat. The military was important but also infrastructure needed to be improved so that the military could function properly. She called for her Major general Ungana wollo, and when he arrived she stated to him "I wish to ask of you of the possibility of increasing the size of are armed forces and the feasibility of this plan." General Wollo responded "Are population is sufficient for us to raise and double the size of are forces if need be, though we would need much time because of the new training standards." Zewditu stated her understanding and sent the general off.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

User avatar
Burkia
Envoy
 
Posts: 260
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Burkia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:29 pm

King Alfonso XIII,
Madrid, Spain
March, 1920


The invasion of El Salvador was a success. Guatemala was slowly being rebuilt and improved; El Salvador would be next, though first the populace would need to be educated. Construction workers, police officers and economists were being sent to en-sure the two Latin American states would be working at their full potential for the good of the Spanish Empire. Once the cities were rebuilt, a highway was in the works to link up the two new Spanish territories and any future ones.

The Spanish economy was beginning to re-gain strength: as more folks had money to spend on luxuries, demand had risen. Cars were beginning to be seen on Spanish roads; manufacturing was going up, and un-employment was going down. The Spanish Air Force had ordered a new wing of aircraft built; called Camello Volador, or "Flying Camel", the planes were essentially knock offs of the British Sopwith Camel. Field tests had begun on three tank prototypes, in an effort to find a suitable tank for the Spanish Army.

Putting down his cup of coffee, King Alfonso looked down on a map of the Iberian Peninsula; a civil war was breaking out in Portugal, meaning a mass of refugees and possibly a spillage of combat. He would order two infantry regiments, 5,000 men strong, to the Spanish-Portuguese frontier. Four refugee camps would be set up, with help from the Spanish Red Cross.

Alfonso pulled out a pen and paper, drafting a message to the Rumanians.

To: Ferdinand I
From: King Alfonso XIII
Subject: Regarding your telegram

Ferdinand,

I cannot help but notice that you are in a brutal struggle for your survival. How can you possibly worry about my foreign policy when the Bulgarians are at your door? Perhaps I should send them a telegram, offering them weapons and volunteers? Stay out of my business, and I shall stay out of yours.

(signed)
King Alfonso XIII,
King of Spain, Sultan of Morocco and Regent of Latin America


-Summary:
-A wing of airplanes are being built
-Two infantry regiments are sent to the Portuguese border
-Test trials begin on three tank prototypes
-El Salvador is annexed
-Guatemala and El Salvador are being rebuilt
Why do you support and help people fighting for peace? I mean, you're only an artist.
"It's like crossing the park, seeing someone get raped and not doing something about it. It's wrong." - John Lennon's answer to the above
Solidarity
If he opens his big mouth again, it's lampshade time! - Mister Hilter
CPUSA
Member of the Allied Nations Treaty Organization

User avatar
Vredlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5097
Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 am

Bucharest, Romania

King Ferdinand I looked at the letter, clearly disgusted by what he saw. He thought his telegram to Spain was quite friendly, regarding to the events, but the answer was offensive to the King and he therefore ordered to retreat all diplomats from Spain. His official reason was the "dangerous conflict in the neighbour country Portugal". As he calmed down a bit, a military advisor stormed into his room. He saluted and gave report. "My King! The final assault in Sofia began!"

Sofia, Bulgaria

The Romanian soldiers slowly made progress in Sofia. Now, with very high morale and accompaniment of general Iliescu, they didn't even want to look behind. The goal was either to destroy Bulgarias whole military or wait for their surrender. Iliescu stood only a few hundred metres away from the fights. Every minute he noticed the names of several soldiers who died in the fight. Suddenly BOOM!! A shell hit directly next to them. While the soldiers continued fighting, the General and his guards where brought to a provisional hospital. If the reinforcements wouldn't come in time, the whole battle could be lost.

Image
Romanian cavalry controlling already occupied streets in Sofia.

User avatar
Ardboe Eire
Minister
 
Posts: 2578
Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardboe Eire » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

Jose Relvas now interim president of Portugal is quickly sworn in as 5th official Predident of Portugal.
The Civil War
Through the streets of Porto Monarchists begin to form their own army's.
Fighting bitterly with the army.
Suddenly armoured cars burst through the streets backed up by elite Portuguese troops.
They begin to raid houses,every floor searched and rebels aressted.
Now 20,000 are being assembled along with naval units.
Hopefully the Royalists surrender is soon.

Jose Relvas then picks up a pen and begins to write a letter from his office.
The Spanish
To King Alfonso XIII
I thank you for setting up camps for Refugees.
Maybe we could have an Inerian union when this is over.
Thank you
Jose Relvas
RPs I'm participating in:

Die Wende:The change (Cold War RP)OOC/Signup:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235188&p=13832294#p13832294

World of 2013 RP(OOC/Sing-up page):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232224

East Vs. West (Cold War RP:OOC/Signups):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=232162

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alozia, Beutarch, Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi, Fereni, Ithalian Empire, Kargintinia, Meelducan, Novas Arcanum, The Orion Islands, Tsarstvo Alyaski, Vaquas, Window Land

Advertisement

Remove ads