NATION

PASSWORD

The Prison <OOC|Open|Interest>

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shadyrya
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Prison <OOC|Open|Interest>

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am

The Prison has forever been there. None know how, nor why, but it is a constant in the lives of all living in Luthania. A blemish to some, a masterpiece to others, the only fact about this prison is that no one goes in, and none come out. It is said that the Prison wastes nothing, makes new lifeforms with the flesh of old. They say that some are born halflings, part natural and part artificial. It is said that those who are whole pride themselves, that they make others bend to their will in the Prison. Like with all legends, there is some truth.

Different groups war with each other inside, vying for control over the rare farms, precious minerals and advanced weapons scattered throughout the hell that is the Prison. As some gain ground, others lose it and the cycle repeats. Lives are lost, things are destroyed and men are made-this is what everyone lives with. Yet some hold impossible hopes.

A group of some three dozen has recently began to foster the hope of Escape, calling themselves the Followers of the Impossible. No such thing is held on record, and even if it were, no one knows where to even begin. Yet these few men and women pride their beliefs like a cult, and dozens desert larger groups to follow Atticus Flatt, the leader of this mysterious organization. But the group has started to go too far. Killing helpless people for supplies on their impossible quest, enslaving those who they do not do away with, and stealing from the people who earn their keep. Quickly growing in power, the group seems to be rising up. However, others spit on them, ridiculing their beliefs.

Tech: Often using homemade guns with homemade bullets, the cult has mostly crude technology. Some stolen plasma weapons, as well as a train with seven cars belong to the men and women of this new organization, but often this is not so. They rely on the land and have little electricity.

The Elder Army, often known as the Peacekeepers for their fairness, kindness and support of a more civilized Prison, has taken to attacking this ever-growing group for their crimes. They have long since abandoned such a hope and instead seek to make the Prison a better place and are doing quite well. Controlling a sizable amount of land with a striking thirty-two farms-double that of any other- they are seen by many as a great power. Some others disagree.he

Tech: Often using bullets encased with plasma, the Peacekeepers have superior technology. Trains, rudimentary cars and wagons are often used. Controlling much of the electricity the Prison provides, their territory is often lit and water flows freely.

The Patripa, a group of criminals doing anything in their power for wealth, use their effective gorilla tactics on the larger Elder Army and are stripping land slowly but steadily from the Peacekeepers. Despite having inferior weaponry, they often take members and give them trials by fire-no luxury is afforded by the Patripa.

Tech: Mostly stolen things from the Peacekeepers, they also build crude guns and use melee weapons much more often than the other groups. Some electricity is provided to them, but it is reserved for the higher ranked.

Often ridiculed for being half man, half robot, these artificial limbs are often tougher and sometimes worth the ridicule.

Born of pure new flesh, not at all recycled, these people are often revered as gods by some.

Shady here. Let's have a fun RP.

OP: Shadyrya
Co-Op:

NAME:
APPEARANCE(Picture preferred, not necessary):
ALIGNMENT(The Elder Army, Followers of the Impossible, Patripa):
PROFESSION:
EXPERTISE(1-3):
WEAKNESSES(One for every expertise):
WEAPONRY(Keep it realistic to your group and profession):
BIOGRAPHY(1-5 paragraph or longer):
RP SAMPLE(If none, write a paragraph or two):

ACCEPTED

Tiltjuice- Ariana Parker
New Sapienta- Walker Nylund
Firstaria- Daniel Mercury

Jormengand- Arcanus Mecharius
Stattr- Zaphira Stone

Sentinel XV- Severus Rousseau
Videssos- Arthur Dayne

RULES:

1. No godmodding.
2. I am the OP, all obey. Same for Co-Op.
3. Don't be an ass.
4. Have fun!

NAME: Atticus Flatt
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/edma/edma0908/edma090800061/5313540-portrait-of-middle-aged-man-by-sunset.jpg
ALIGNMENT(The Elder Army, Followers of the Impossible, Patripa): Followers of the Impossible
PROFESSION: Leader of the Followers
EXPERTISE(1-3):

Charisma: Atticus is charming beyond belief, part of the reason he has new recruits.

Swordsman: Atticus is a wonder with the sword, having bested Serena Lathelyn with a blade.

Insane: Atticus will do literally anything for his cause, from backroom politics to baby murder.

Overconfident: Atticus is completely sure he will escape, or generally completely sure of anything he does.
WEAPONRY(Keep it realistic to your group and profession): A plasma encased blade with a sheath able to withstand that.
BIOGRAPHY(1-5 paragraph or longer):

Atticus is one of the few naturally born men left in the Prison, being the son of a high-ranking Peacekeeper and his wife. Atticus was taught values such as honor, bravery and honesty from a young age. However, his grandfather filled his head with tales of Escape, and Atticus began to believe them. Fervently. Stealing his father's plasma sword-worth a whole farm- he vanished from the outpost.

Convincing three men of lower standing in the Patripa that they could escape, he started his following. However, this angered Selene-the leader of the Patripa- and she dueled him. When this resulted in her being at his mercy, she did something none ever thought she would do; beg. Being merciful, Atticus released her and journeyed off with the three.

Quickly recruiting by conducting raids and being very Mormon-like, Atticus soon had a following of people who were almost as insane as he. Earning a fierce reputation-especially with the Patripa- he was soon hounded after by many. They seemed to be like mist, always vanishing as trouble dawned. As of now, Atticus and his men and women are attempting to gather supplies for their search of an exit.
RP SAMPLE(If none, write a paragraph or two): Mother fucker I'm OPsome!

NAME:Serena Lathelyn
APPEARANCE(Picture preferred, not necessary): Wearing black, ragged clothes with a metal watch on her right wrist. Black hair is up in a bun, angular features. Ice blue eyes, often looks in contempt.
ALIGNMENT(The Elder Army, Followers of the Impossible, Patripa): Patripa
PROFESSION: Leader of Patripa
EXPERTISE(1-3):

Sword-woman: Quite adept with a blade, few have bested her.

Biting Wit: Serena can make any feel bad about themselves with her sharp tongue.

Tactical: Serena is an expert combat planner, often outsmarting Elder Army leaders with ease.

Disliked: Her tongue has earned her general dislike among the Patripa.

Wanted: Both the Elder Army and the majority of the Followers want to skin her alive.

Half-blind: Due to the fact that she needs glasses, but does not have them, she can not see very well.
WEAPONRY(Keep it realistic to your group and profession): A plasma-edged blade, a small gun with ten plasma bullets.
BIOGRAPHY(1-5 paragraph or longer): Serena is a Halfling, though few know this; two of her fingers are artificial. Not letting such a thing(which she sees as ridiculous) get in her way, she quickly rose in power among the Patripa. Despite her impaired eyesight, she became a master with the blade. One day, she issued a challenge to the leader of the Patripa; a fight to the death, the victor would be leader.

She won with little difficulty, becoming the capable new leader. She quickly made the Patripa harsher and stricter, which greatly improved military prowess but lowered morale immensely. Now she wages her war, sure of victory.
RP SAMPLE(If none, write a paragraph or two): Motherfucker I'm OPsome!
Last edited by Shadyrya on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Shad :)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

NAME: Ariana Parker

ALIGNMENT(The Elder Army, Followers of the Impossible, Patripa): Patripa
PROFESSION: Um...mechanic.
EXPERTISE(1-3): Mechanicing? :lol2: Plus...hmm...manipulating electronics. And working with explosives.
WEAKNESSES(One for every expertise): ...Umm.....I can't really think of a weakness for those..... Narcoleptic. Addicted to meth to compensate. Also suffers from borderline personality disorder, see biography.
WEAPONRY(Keep it realistic to your group and profession): Wrench, and jumper cables. RDX, if she can get it; some other explosive, if not.
BIOGRAPHY(1-5 paragraph or longer): I'll figure something out later. Headed out soon. Ariana's early life was the stuff of nightmares for any Social Services worker. As a child, she was physically and sexually abused by her stepfather; the physical abuse was also done by her mother, while the sexual abuse was ignored. As a teenager, she had enough, and went full Lizzie Borden on the two of them. She harbors a distrust of authority figures and a hatred of men as a result, and will be as far removed from people as she can get.
RP SAMPLE(If none, write a paragraph or two): What's an RP?
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am

Once you fill in unfilled in areas, :P, Accepted.

By weaknesses I mean that if you have two expertises, you have two weaknesses.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:58 am

Shadyrya wrote:Once you fill in unfilled in areas, :P, Accepted.

Ahh, OK.

Can I get co-RP master?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Once you fill in unfilled in areas, :P, Accepted.

Ahh, OK.

Can I get co-RP master?

Well, possibly. I would like to wait to appoint one, if you do not mind, though you're one of my top candidates.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 am

Shadyrya wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Ahh, OK.

Can I get co-RP master?

Well, possibly. I would like to wait to appoint one, if you do not mind, though you're one of my top candidates.

Sounds good.

Gotta go...I think. Toodles.
mumblemumblemumble

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Bump.

The cookies are warm and ready to melt in the signer-uppers mouths.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Here goes. For the record, before you shout your head off at the bonuses, look at the weaknesses.

NAME: Arcanus Mecharius.
APPEARANCE: White skin, blue eyes, and hair dyed so that it looks almost on fire. Wears a long coat, brown on the outside and blue on the inside. He wears a cyan half-mask, which is set in a constantly angry expression. His trousers are made of leather, as is his coat, and like it they are blue inside and brown out.
ALIGNMENT: Followers of the impossible.
PROFESSION: Mechanic
EXPERTISE:
Doom bringer: Arcanus' sword is very high-tech stuff, stolen from a high-ranking prison guard, and legend tells of a daemon housed within. It can cut through just about any armour, and burn flesh.

The power of the machine: Arcanus has great technological knowledge, and can make weapons, explosives, communication devices and even light vehicles from what would otherwise be considered scrap.

Unholy might: Arcanus hides under his coat a strictly illegal "Inferno Engine", one of the artefacts of an underground war which officially never happened. It allows him to shrug off low-power plasma rounds, and survive anything up to and including a battle cannon. It also augments his physical abilities, allowing him to use a greatsword and shotgun. Finally, his natural healing is greater than normal.
I stand alone!: Arcanus operates separately from everyone else, even other Followers of the Impossible. This means that he must rely on his own talents, and cannot effectively cover his weaknesses.

I am invincible!: Arcanus has a firm belief that the Inferno Engine, along with no end of basic physical prowess, are enough to allow him to do almost anything. Arcanus will flat-out refuse to retreat except in the most blindingly obviously impossible situations.

Infernal link: Arcanus is nigh-irrevocably attached to the Inferno engine. Unless he limits himself to the most basic of activities for a week beforehand, the destruction or removal of the Inferno engine will instantly obliterate Arcanus.
WEAPONRY: Doom bringer and a shotgun. It has three kinds of shot which can be put in it in it: Solid shot, scatter shot and blast shot. Solid shot is just normal bullets. Scatter shots are tiny pellets compacted into full-size bullets, which release a spray in the target's vague direction on firing. Blast shots are mini-explosives, but have a severely diminished range - which is a serious consideration on a shotgun.

He also carries almost enough makeshift explosives to knock a stone house down, assuming that they all work properly.
BIOGRAPHY(1-5 paragraph or longer): Arcanus was one of the original manufacturers of the Inferno engines, during a major coup on massive proportions, ironically about the prison itself. Upon being sent to the prison, all of the Inferno engines in the group's possession were taken, along with the weapons they produced.

Outraged, Arcanus built a cannon to blast through the store room, before grabbing all he could carry and beating a very swift retreat. None could possibly surpass him; they were not even fit to lick his boots!

When he found out about the "Followers of the impossible" and their repeated failures, he vowed to succeed where they had failed. For he was Arcanus Mecharius, and he would defeat those who opposed his will!
RP SAMPLE: *Fires UNR passes out of a shruiken cannon*
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:43 pm

YOU ARE SO POWERFU-Oh, weaknesses. :P

Accepted. You can be Atticus Flatt's right hand man.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Shadyrya wrote:You can be Atticus Flatt's right hand man.

I stand alone!

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:You can be Atticus Flatt's right hand man.

I stand alone!

Heh.

Atticus Flatt: Leader of FotI

Serena Lathelyn: Leader of the Patripa

Jared Arthent: Part of the Council of Three that leads the Elder Army.

Those are my characters. 8)
Last edited by Shadyrya on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Jormengand wrote:I stand alone!

Heh.

Arcanus Mecharius, leader of...
HIMSELF!

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Heh.

Arcanus Mecharius, leader of...
HIMSELF!

Damn right.

Atticus and Arcanus will clash a lot; Atticus is a control freak, and if Arc won't listen to orders, he won't be very happy.

Also, can you/me advertise this in the UNR?

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Jormengand wrote:Arcanus Mecharius, leader of...
HIMSELF!

Damn right.

Atticus and Arcanus will clash a lot; Atticus is a control freak, and if Arc won't listen to orders, he won't be very happy.

It's what it's there for.

Also, you should probably make your own apps. Otherwise I'll attack you with Doom Bringer and an Inferno engine.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Damn right.

It's what it's there for.

Also, you should probably make your own apps. Otherwise I'll attack you with Doom Bringer and an Inferno engine.

I'm working on Atticus as we type/speak.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Atticus is up, now for Selena. Well, first I have to play some Fallout: NV.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Bump.

So many views, so little sign ups.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Shadyrya wrote:Bump.

One of mine already has 25 views and no replies.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Bump.

One of mine already has 25 views and no replies.

I would sign up, but I haz none idea how to play D&D.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Jormengand wrote:One of mine already has 25 views and no replies.

I would sign up, but I haz none idea how to play D&D.

Click the "character creation outline" button on the left hand side, and it will tell you pretty much everything you need to know. Ask in the thread if you need to know something else.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 pm

SO MUCH INFO

Just make me a male Drow ninja. :P

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Shadyrya wrote:SO MUCH INFO

Alright, I'm going to transfer this to the OOC of the other RP. Have a look at that in a minute.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

WILL FINISH LATER

NAME: Bond. James Bond.
JUST kidding. John Smith (Real Name Kieth Ledgerman)
APPEARANCE: Here ya go
ALIGNMENT: Himself
PROFESSION: Mercenary
EXPERTISE: Small Arms (Rifles/Pistols - plasma or slug), Sneak (pickpocketing, stealth), Speech (convincing people to do things)
WEAKNESSES: Drinks heavily. Insomniac. Arrogant.
WEAPONRY: .44 Magnum Revolver, Silenced Plasma Pistol, .44 Repeating Rifle,
BIOGRAPHY: John Smith. Not his real name of course. It's just the name he introduces himself as.
RP SAMPLE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=200929

Fallout NV? Bah. I just started Fallout 3, after playing Fallout NV
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Interesting... I'll get an app up later.
Signatures are so 2014.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:SO MUCH INFO

Alright, I'm going to transfer this to the OOC of the other RP. Have a look at that in a minute.

And just then, Shad goes offline...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse