NATION

PASSWORD

D&D Dungeon Crawl (closed OOC thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:I'm going to go ahead and cast doom on the Gnoll getting ready to charge with its mace. Thats my round. I don't have much I can do other than buff, break down, and heal, so I'm going to take full advantage.

alright.

No roll on that, correct? So should I just go ahead and post?
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:
alright.

The gnoll gets a will save, but you don't have to roll anything.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

The gnoll gets a will save, but you don't have to roll anything.

Sounds good. Posting now.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Posted. Now, I suppose, I have to go take a look at my buddies character sheet and see what I can do.

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Alright, Arbok's gonna go ahead with a basic attack on the Gnoll Hanok-Kie just doomed (Wow, this is gonna be weird.)

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 pm

*tucks head in lap as he sees critical failure...*

He is going to kill me if I get his character killed....

Edit:

Wait, derr, he's playing a Warrior, so thats a plus 5 according to his character sheet... so... 6.... lets hope thats a hit on the doomed Gnoll....
Last edited by Zemkal on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Gnoll is shaken for the next 10 rounds. -2 to attacks, save, and all checks.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Zemkal wrote:*tucks head in lap as he sees critical failure...*

Edit:

Wait, derr, he's playing a Warrior, so thats a plus 5 according to his character sheet... so... 6.... lets hope thats a hit on the doomed Gnoll....

Not a hit. Doom does not affect AC. a 1 is an automatic failure regardless of modifiers. Also, please everyone add your modifiers when you roll on that site.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:*tucks head in lap as he sees critical failure...*

Edit:

Not a hit. Doom does not affect AC. a 1 is an automatic failure.

Figured....

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Not a hit. Doom does not affect AC. a 1 is an automatic failure.

Figured....

You get to live. The gnoll missed. ;)
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:
Figured....

You get to live. The gnoll missed. ;)

*phew* To Aldares, as I'm sure you'll read this when you return.

BLAME THE DICE!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Ok, other gnoll has to spend this round collecting himself (the penalty will still be in place). It's the wizard's turn.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Wizard needs to reroll that. It's a ranged touch attack, so add your dex modifier (if you have one) to the d20 roll. The number you must get is 14 or more.
add 6,928 to post count

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:29 pm

I'll be working on some stuff for my region today so please send me a TG when it's my turn.
Female Human Rogue 1 (0/1000 exp)
Chaotic Good

HP: 6/6
Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)
AC: 15 = 10 + 1 (Padded Armor) + 1 (Buckler) + 3 (DEX)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Nimble Fingers

Full character sheet

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 pm

I'll probably be away the rest of the day, we shall see. I'll try to check in tonight.

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm

...I made it. last night.
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Murgoth wrote:...I made it. last night.

roll damage.1d3
add 6,928 to post count

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

woo! good rolls!
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 am

I'd like to continue my attack on Grulnak with my crossbow but I'm not sure about a few details.

In order of importance:
- Am I able to see him?
- Is Arbok in the way?
- Is Arbok currently considered to be engaged with Grulnak?
- Relatively speaking, how close am I to Grulnak now? Am I within 30 ft?

==========

[38] 12-10-05 05:42:16 EDT - Ivalese

Potential attack roll for Ivalese against Grulnak (+3 DEX) (-4 if Arbok is engaged)

1d20 +3 >= 19
5 + 3 = 8 ... failure

==========

So if an attack on Grulnak was possible, I've missed. If I'm unable to see Grulnak, if Arbok is in my line of sight or if Arbok is engaged with Grulnak (in that order of importance) then I'd like to scrap this roll and try something else. That something else would either be moving or rolling a search check on my surroundings to see if there's any natural tools I could make immediate use of.

If this is all good to go then my turn is an attack on Grulnak (which misses) and then reloading. I still have two bolts stuck into the ground near me (one after reloading this round) so this will most likely be my plan next round as well.
Chaotic Good

Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)

Full character sheet

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 am

Zevassa wrote:I'd like to continue my attack on Grulnak with my crossbow but I'm not sure about a few details.

In order of importance:
- Am I able to see him?
- Is Arbok in the way?

==========

[38] 12-10-05 05:42:16 EDT - Ivalese

Potential attack roll for Ivalese against Grulnak (+3 DEX) (-4 if Arbok is engaged)

1d20 +3 >= 19
5 + 3 = 8 ... failure

==========

So if an attack on Grulnak was possible, I've missed. If I'm unable to see Grulnak, if Arbok is in my line of sight or if Arbok is engaged with Grulnak (in that order of importance) then I'd like to scrap this roll and try something else. That something else would either be moving or rolling a search check on my surroundings to see if there's any natural tools I could make immediate use of.

If this is all good to go then my turn is an attack on Grulnak (which misses) and then reloading. I still have two bolts stuck into the ground near me (one after reloading this round) so this will most likely be my plan next round as well.

- Am I able to see him?
Yes, but he still has cover (+4 to AC, which I included in the target # I gave you)
Pretty thick forest

- Is Arbok in the way?
No. If I understood everyone's descriptions correctly, he's well to your right.

Yes.

yes. About half that, in fact.

Let your attack (and miss) stand.

Don't you just love 1st level battles where neither side could hit the broad side of a barn? :D
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Folks, I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling well. I'll try to be back tomorrow.
add 6,928 to post count

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Posting my turn now, sorry for the delay.
Chaotic Good

Full character sheet

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Sorry, I was gone all day. I'll roll tommorrow, I guess.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Sorry folks. I have to suspend the campaign indefinitely. I'm rather sick at the moment. I'm a cancer survivor and since that illness, I get sick at the drop of a hat.
add 6,928 to post count

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh well, it is what it is. You are more important than a game. I will send you some light. Hope you feel better soon.
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse