NATION

PASSWORD

D&D Dungeon Crawl (closed OOC thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Murgoth wrote:
Zevassa wrote:Should uh, I be rolling bluff checks or something for this?

maybe diplomacy? you aren't strictly lying, I think. anyway, a check would help. I have several possible responses, and an official check would wittle them down.

Iva really doesn't care about Miat, but she recognizes that he's her ticket in, so to speak. Her only goals at this point are to get some treasure and prevent the orc from looting human settlements. She's trying to manipulate him into allowing her to come along, as she doesn't have any overt skills to provide him as Arbok and I'lara do.

The way I see it, Miat is the character most likely to "lead" the party based off of his knowledge and personality. He's very self-aggrandizing and apparently has the most knowledge of the keep. I'lara would also be a suitable leader, except that she isn't as bold as Miat is. She's much more genial. Through the character's observations thus far, it's reasonable to believe that Iva doesn't really see I'lara as anything more than an existence, while she sees Miat as a magnetic force as everything has gravitated around him thus far. At least that's the viewpoint that I've been using for her.

She's trying her best to look and act attractive so that Miat not only wants her along, but is likely to defend her if conflicts pop up with other party members (specifically, Arbok). She doesn't trust Arbok at all (she's not racist, just to clarify that -- she's just incredibly intimidated by him) and she thinks that I'lara is doing the same thing that she is in regards to Miat. When she heard people discussing cuts of treasure she wanted in on that, thus this. That's why I'm asking if I should be rolling a bluff check, as not only is she trying to manipulate Miat, but she's also playing stupid and downplaying herself and her abilities.

Realistically it shouldn't really work as Iva doesn't have a great Charisma score, so that's why I'm wondering if we should do a Bluff vs Sense Motive check.
Female Human Rogue 1 (0/1000 exp)
Chaotic Good

HP: 6/6
Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)
AC: 15 = 10 + 1 (Padded Armor) + 1 (Buckler) + 3 (DEX)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Nimble Fingers

Full character sheet

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

http://dicelog.com/dice

Perhaps we could open a dice log on here so that we know what everyone's rolling/make it simple/prevent cheating?
Chaotic Good

Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)

Full character sheet

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Zevassa wrote:http://dicelog.com/dice

Perhaps we could open a dice log on here so that we know what everyone's rolling/make it simple/prevent cheating?

sounds like a good idea. the thing about bluff is that, as far as I can tell, it only counts if you're outright lying, or something similair. I still think diplomacy would work the best, because generally the stat used for convincing/manipulation. whatever you feel like. I trust you enough that if you want to make a roll before we set up a dice log, i'll be cool with it.
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Excellent idea. Everyone bookmark that site. And A diplomacy check is in order here, I think.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 pm

BTW, we may be getting a new character, even if the dwarf does show up. I've asked him to consider a cleric if he joins us. You need someone to turn undead.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Dice log opened under the title of "Temple of Slaughter". You have to register with the site to access the log, but it's free.
add 6,928 to post count

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm

OK, I'm registered.

But I cannot find the log. :(
Last edited by Thisbia on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Thisbia wrote:OK, I'm registered.

But I cannot find the log. :(

"join an existing dice log--> enter your email & password-->log 981 Temple of Slaughter--> hit enter, and you should be there

EDIT: It looks like I have to add you all to the list for you to have access. Is everyone ok with TGing me their email address?
Last edited by Maineiacs on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am

Fair warning, I've never used this site before. It's just something that popped up on google.

@Maineiacs: I sent you my email, so I'll roll for Diplomacy once it's set up. Are we going against Miat's Sense Motive, or are we using a DC?
Chaotic Good

Full character sheet

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Zevassa wrote:Fair warning, I've never used this site before. It's just something that popped up on google.

@Maineiacs: I sent you my email, so I'll roll for Diplomacy once it's set up. Are we going against Miat's Sense Motive, or are we using a DC?

Well, as you're not trying to deceive him, only butter him up I'd say against a DC dependant on his initial attitude. Looks to me like he's at "slightly unfirendly". His post seems to indicate that he doesn't want to reduce his share of the loot.
add 6,928 to post count

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zevassa wrote:Fair warning, I've never used this site before. It's just something that popped up on google.

Well, as you're not trying to deceive him, only butter him up I'd say against a DC dependant on his initial attitude. Looks to me like he's at "slightly unfirendly". His post seems to indicate that he doesn't want to reduce his share of the loot.

[1] 12-09-28 18:22:35 EDT - zevassa
Ivalese rolling a Diplomacy check to determine if she's having any luck with Miat
1d20
Last edited by Zevassa on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaotic Good

Full character sheet

Murgoth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 pm

good enough for slight doubt from me!
hm. Is tonight the lucky night for the handsomest Adaklan the world has ever seen?
Last edited by Murgoth on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello there, I'm your friendly neighborhood Cleric!

Name: Hanok-Kie
Race:Half-Elf
Alignment:Lawful Good
Height:6'0
Weight:122
Languages Spoken:Common, Elven

Level:1

Ability Scores:
Strength:9

Dexterity:11
Constitution:12
Wisdom:15+2
Intelligence:16
Charisma:12

-------------------------------------------------

Racial Abilities:
(Only fill out for non-core races.)

•Ability Score Racial Traits: Half-elf characters gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
•Type: Half-elves are Humanoid creatures with both the human and the elf subtypes.
•Size: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
•Base Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
•Languages: Half-elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages
Cleric Add +1/3 to the amount of damage dealt or damage healed when the cleric uses channel energy.

Defense Racial Traits
•Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
•Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
•Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.

Senses Racial Traits
•Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Other Racial Traits
•Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
•Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

Automatic Languages:Elven
Bonus Languages:Elven
Favored Class:None
Level Adjustment:

Appearance:A follower of divine natures, Hanok-Kie's skin is almost albino, and his eyes are a very striking red.

Biography:
Known for his exploits defending noble adventurers, Hanok-Kie sells his abilities to anyone with a noble cause. His choice in the cleric forms of magic bears a tale that he keeps close to his chest. Long ago, he was born to a Human Father and an elven mother. His Father was a drunkard, and left them at a young age. His Mother then descended into insanity, treating Hanok-Kie like a slave. The first chance that Hanok-Kie got, he escaped both custodies, finding a coven of healers, who found hanok-Kie's abilities to heal his scars interesting. This Coven, however, actively practiced reversing healing spells into harming spells, all in the name of Juiblex. Hanok-Kie spent his teenage years there, until his training was almost complete, and he was tasked with killing the only thing that bound him to normal society, and his tormentor, his Mother. Upon finding his Mother, he discovered, without him around, his human father had decided shaking up with his Elven mother once more. he discovered that he was the bi-product of an abusive relationship. In his anger, he killed his father. Shocked by his actions, and realising what he had been doing for eight years, he fled the scene and took refuge in a temple of Ehlanna. Over the years, it became clear that Ehlanna would forgive him if he was willing to use his natural powers in Her name, to safeguard noble causes. And so, hanok-Kie has traveled the lands, searching for worthy causes, often times, taking out Orc Pillaging bands and healing forests within the realm of Ehlanna. Eventually, the rumors of the tarnished lands of the current adventure caused him to journey there, and wait for someone, or som group, noble neough to take up a quest to rid the area of the mad Sorcerors hold.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class:Cleric

Hit Points:16
Base Attack Bonus:+0
Armor Class:+0
Initiative:+2
Saving Throws:+1
Fortitude:4

Reflex:5
Will:8

Class Features: (Only fill out for non-core classes.)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency:

Class Skills:

Class Skills

The cleric’s class skills are Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
Skills:

Spells:

Detect Magic

Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft
(Only fill out if applicable.)

Read Magic:Read scrolls and spellbooks.

Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.

Entropic Shield:Ranged attacks against you have 20% miss chance.

Virtue:Subject gains 1 temporary hp.

Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.

Doom: One subject takes -2 on attack rolls, saves, and checks.

Inflict Light Wounds: Touch deals 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feats:

Combat Medic (Teamwork)

You know the urgency of treating wounds in the heat of battle, applying first aid to your allies with such speed that you assure no one gets left behind.

Prerequisite: Heal 5 ranks.

Benefit: Whenever you use Heal to provide first aid, treat caltrop wounds, or treat poison on an ally who also has this feat, you provoke no attacks of opportunity, and can take 10 on the check.

Skill Focus [General]

Choose a skill.

Benefit

You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving that skill.

Special

You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new skill.

Equipment:
Holy Staff
Holy Robes
Holy Water x10
Bird, Owl, (Verduran)
Falconry Gauntlet
Basic Adventurers kit set by DM

Encumbrance: 25 /-- lbs (light load), 60lbs(medium load), --90lbs(heavy load)

Money:10 gp

My name is Hanok-Kie, and I am your cleric! (/off Wil Wheaton)

I was requested, I'm not very familiar with playing as a cleric, but I'll do my best to boost ya'll up. That is, if my ap is accepted.

Also, I'd just like to make the point that this is my first D&D game in 12 years, so I may be a bit rusty.
Last edited by Zemkal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Murgoth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 pm

EEEELLLLFFFF! *shakes impotently at half-elf*
sorry, reflex. I once ran a game where out of 6 players, 5 where elves or half-elves. all of them where idiots. more than one elf, I get flashbacks.
Mark Twain

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Murgoth wrote:EEEELLLLFFFF! *shakes impotently at half-elf*
sorry, reflex. I once ran a game where out of 6 players, 5 where elves or half-elves. all of them where idiots. more than one elf, I get flashbacks.

hehe, sorry. I will admit, this will take me some time to get back into the groove, especially playing a cleric (I usally play a Rogue), but I'm not a scrub. I played on an every day basis for quite a while back in middle/high school, but its been a long time since I rolled some dice. I'll try not to be the party idiot.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Murgoth
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Murgoth wrote:EEEELLLLFFFF! *shakes impotently at half-elf*

hehe, sorry. I will admit, this will take me some time to get back into the groove, especially playing a cleric (I usally play a Rogue), but I'm not a scrub. I played on an every day basis for quite a while back in middle/high school, but its been a long time since I rolled some dice. I'll try not to be the party idiot.

cool. I still remember the one time a player decided to try an elven barbarian...
"alright, the evil robot is right in front of you"
"I slice (other player's) throat with my sword!"
"...wat."
"I needed to get into a bloodrage!"
"... did you read the section on barbarians?"
"I skimmed."
Mark Twain

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Murgoth wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

cool. I still remember the one time a player decided to try an elven barbarian...
"alright, the evil robot is right in front of you"
"I slice (other player's) throat with my sword!"
"...wat."
"I needed to get into a bloodrage!"
"... did you read the section on barbarians?"
"I skimmed."

:rofl:

Yeah, you have to be careful when your trying new classes. I asked if anyone dropped out of this game, if I could get in. he said he needed a cleric, so if I could do that, I would. I took my time, and I think I've got it grasped. Now if I can only remember what dice to roll when... sad to think I don't remember that when I used to DM an awesome two year campaign.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Sorry for not being around. Having some trouble with my internet connection. BTW, your Cleric is acceptable, but why do you have an animal companion?
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Maineiacs wrote:Sorry for not being around. Having some trouble with my internet connection. BTW, your Cleric is acceptable, but why do you have an animal companion?

To be completely honest? I couldn't find a magic item list that was acceptable, so I took something I knew how to use, no matter the class. Nevertheless, thanks for accepting!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:Sorry for not being around. Having some trouble with my internet connection. BTW, your Cleric is acceptable, but why do you have an animal companion?

To be completely honest? I couldn't find a magic item list that was acceptable, so I took something I knew how to use, no matter the class. Nevertheless, thanks for accepting!

No magic items. You're 1st level. Did you see the post earlier about the standard adventure kit? You have one of those for free, and was your holy symbol. BTW, who's your deity?

Also, the diplomacy check failed. He's not impressed.
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

No magic items. You're 1st level. Did you see the post earlier about the standard adventure kit? You have one of those for free, and was your holy symbol. BTW, who's your deity?

Also, the diplomacy check failed. He's not impressed.

My bad, didn't see that. Holy patron is Ehlona.

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 pm

How many of us are supposed to roll a DC and why?
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:36 pm

OK, tomorrow, we head out to the keep. Thank you all for being patient. The real fun starts next!
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Maineiacs wrote:OK, tomorrow, we head out to the keep. Thank you all for being patient. The real fun starts next!

When do you want me to hop in here?

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Thisbia wrote:How many of us are supposed to roll a DC and why?

Huh? The DC on your diplomacy check was set at 20. An 8 didn't make it. Try another tactic. Convince him you're useful.

Cleric can hop in now. Decide why you're there, and RP it. Did you read the back story?
add 6,928 to post count

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse