NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
65%
Nah.
12%
I don't care.
22%

Total votes : 139

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Where does one put an interest check?

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Here or you can make a thread advertising and asking about interest.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Well what i have is more an idea than a finished OP so i would rather think here.

Basically the RP is exploring the whole idea of them and us and moral grey in a future setting. This would be done by having the human race, fleeing in a mass exodus from an attack on Earth by a more advanced species encountering another alien ship and thinking it a scout of the aliens that attacked Earth destroy it. This ship they destroy however would be a simple exploration vessel from another alien race, and the race launches what they think of as a counter attack against the human exodus fleet that being more advanced than the new aliens destroys the attack. The human government sees a slightly less advanced adversary and decides to try to rebuild the human race on their worlds and use the attack by their forces as a rallying call for the exodus fleet.

So the premise is that and with the Humans having conquered one colony world of the aliens already the RP kicks off. In this you would play a front line soldier for either side, not a super soldier or an admiral but a man or alien thrust onto the lines fighting for whatever he believes in.

So i think through combat POW camps char deaths and all that the players would gain a sense of what is really happening slowly.

Idk thoughts? This was a really poorly written idea of it but i am working on a good op

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 am

Last call for any comments on the Nightblade Chronicles before I make it.

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 am

I also plan on reopening the 'Sith Academy'

Bill Weld 2020

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am

Asterdan wrote:Last call for any comments on the Nightblade Chronicles before I make it.
Asterdan wrote:Last call for any comments on the Nightblade Chronicles before I make it.

Invite good RPers you know, and give them privileged spots. Create a friendly anc active OOC, via discussing the story, the characters and all that jazz. search a good Co-Op. When the dtory is stalling, make something important happen.

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

I made a thread where queries about my RP idea should go as to not clutter here.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=221347

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm

And the Nightblade Chronicles have been born.

Bill Weld 2020

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Asterdan wrote:I also plan on reopening the 'Sith Academy'

Stick to one for now. Quality over quantity.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm thinking about starting a cyberpunk RP as I've noticed that it doesn't seem too particularly common. Does anyone have any interest in such a thing?
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Olthar wrote:I'm thinking about starting a cyberpunk RP as I've noticed that it doesn't seem too particularly common. Does anyone have any interest in such a thing?

I tried that, I was thinking about starting it back up but I'd need someone to help me out.

Here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=209496&start=25

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Esternial wrote:
Olthar wrote:I'm thinking about starting a cyberpunk RP as I've noticed that it doesn't seem too particularly common. Does anyone have any interest in such a thing?

I tried that, I was thinking about starting it back up but I'd need someone to help me out.

I'd rather start my own story instead of piggybacking off of someone else's.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:I tried that, I was thinking about starting it back up but I'd need someone to help me out.

I'd rather start my own story instead of piggybacking off of someone else's.

Okey :unsure:

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Esternial wrote:
Olthar wrote:I'd rather start my own story instead of piggybacking off of someone else's.

Okey :unsure:

Also, I didn't read through your OOC thread, but I'm guessing it's not as dark or dystopic as I want, and I guarantee that you won't be making the plot twists that I want.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:Okey :unsure:

Also, I didn't read through your OOC thread, but I'm guessing it's not as dark or dystopic as I want, and I guarantee that you won't be making the plot twists that I want.

Dark and dystopic, you say? Color me interested, depending on just what level of cyberpunk we're talking about. Mind elaborating?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Olthar wrote:Also, I didn't read through your OOC thread, but I'm guessing it's not as dark or dystopic as I want, and I guarantee that you won't be making the plot twists that I want.

Dark and dystopic, you say? Color me interested, depending on just what level of cyberpunk we're talking about. Mind elaborating?

Pretty much Shadowrun without the magic. You've got genetic engineering, cybernetic implants of all kinds with as many variations as you can imagine, brain transplants to entirely robotic bodies, etc. Virtually anything you want to do with your body, you can. You could even have a chainsaw dick if you really want to.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:Okey :unsure:

Well, I was planning to hand over the creative directorship to you. I just created the world, and I thought I'd be a shame to ditch it.

Plus it's based on Max' novels - somewhat - so that's another reason why I kinda wanted it to work.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Esternial wrote:
Olthar wrote:Also, I didn't read through your OOC thread, but I'm guessing it's not as dark or dystopic as I want, and I guarantee that you won't be making the plot twists that I want.

Well, I was planning to hand over the creative directorship to you. I just created the world, and I thought I'd be a shame to ditch it.

Plus it's based on Max' novels - somewhat - so that's another reason why I kinda wanted it to work.

I'd still rather create my own world. Sorry.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, I was planning to hand over the creative directorship to you. I just created the world, and I thought I'd be a shame to ditch it.

I'd still rather create my own world. Sorry.

Cry.

Ah no worries, I understand. I just hate it sometimes that people are better OPs than me and I can't really keep RPs going, regardless of what idea.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Olthar wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Dark and dystopic, you say? Color me interested, depending on just what level of cyberpunk we're talking about. Mind elaborating?

Pretty much Shadowrun without the magic. You've got genetic engineering, cybernetic implants of all kinds with as many variations as you can imagine, brain transplants to entirely robotic bodies, etc. Virtually anything you want to do with your body, you can. You could even have a chainsaw dick if you really want to.

Never had the pleasure of playing Shadowrun, but that description works.

What's the dystopian element, if I may ask? Mega-corporations, evil corporatocracies, the lot?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Olthar wrote:Pretty much Shadowrun without the magic. You've got genetic engineering, cybernetic implants of all kinds with as many variations as you can imagine, brain transplants to entirely robotic bodies, etc. Virtually anything you want to do with your body, you can. You could even have a chainsaw dick if you really want to.

What's the dystopian element, if I may ask? Mega-corporations, evil corporatocracies, the lot?

Doubt it. It'd be pretty much the same as my RP. Dystopia can be many things :p

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Esternial wrote:
Olthar wrote:I'd still rather create my own world. Sorry.

Cry.

Ah no worries, I understand. I just hate it sometimes that people are better OPs than me and I can't really keep RPs going, regardless of what idea.

Oh, I'm fully expecting this RP to inevitably fall apart because it doesn't involve dice in any way, and I can't seem to run a successful RP without dice. I'll keep trying, though. I haven't lost hope yet. That's actually why I'm here. I'm hoping that if I can gauge interest before starting a new RP, I can actually get enough people involved who actually give a damn and are actually willing to post.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Olthar wrote:Pretty much Shadowrun without the magic. You've got genetic engineering, cybernetic implants of all kinds with as many variations as you can imagine, brain transplants to entirely robotic bodies, etc. Virtually anything you want to do with your body, you can. You could even have a chainsaw dick if you really want to.

I haven't fully formed the idea yet, but evil, corrupt corporations are going to be a part of it.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:Cry.

Oh, I'm fully expecting this RP to inevitably fall apart because it doesn't involve dice in any way, and I can't seem to run a successful RP without dice. I'll keep trying, though. I haven't lost hope yet. That's actually why I'm here. I'm hoping that if I can gauge interest before starting a new RP, I can actually get enough people involved who actually give a damn and are actually willing to post.

Well, I might be interested, but only if I can make up a character I feel really passionate about.

Though I wouldn't mind helping you brainstorm.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Esternial wrote:
Olthar wrote:Oh, I'm fully expecting this RP to inevitably fall apart because it doesn't involve dice in any way, and I can't seem to run a successful RP without dice. I'll keep trying, though. I haven't lost hope yet. That's actually why I'm here. I'm hoping that if I can gauge interest before starting a new RP, I can actually get enough people involved who actually give a damn and are actually willing to post.

Well, I might be interested, but only if I can make up a character I feel really passionate about.

Though I wouldn't mind helping you brainstorm.

Well, I'll try to make an in-depth application to spur people into caring for their characters.

That would be nice, yes. I'll make the plot entirely on my own as I want the plot twists to be completely secret, especially the big one that will be revealed in the third and final arc, but I won't turn down help in world building.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse