NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
89
66%
Nah.
17
13%
I don't care.
28
21%
 
Total votes : 134

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Esternial wrote:

Since I asked for your progress I'll let it slide, but ask for permission to post a link next time.

Sorry, i can take it down if you want.
Shad :)

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Agritum wrote:One of the RP ideas I have? Well, one would involve a planet much similar to our own experiencing a terrible cataclysm called "The Shattering", which shatters the world in several flying continents that levitate in the sky. The nations of the world, which would be based on real nations of Earth, would slowly begin to get acquainted to this new life, After The End. However, an horde of sentient, terrain-eating machines called STYGMA emerge from the shattered planet's core, and begin to attack the flying continents. One day, the nations discover that a mineral that possesses marvellous energetical capabilities is now present on the ravaged planet below them. After dangerous expeditions, some of this mineral is recovered, permitting the continents to use them as the power sources of the Skyframes, flying mechs capable of fending off the STYGMA.

However, tensions between the nations are brewing, as an arms race involving the Skyframes start, all while a Joint Task Force of this universe's equivalent of the UN struggles to protect the flying islands from the STYGMA hordes.
So, all the characters would belong to this task force, as pilots of Skyframes.
Nice enough setting for a Mech RP?

A mech RP...sounds kind of rare if I'm not mistaken. I like it.

User avatar
Yuzhno Rossiya
Envoy
 
Posts: 310
Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhno Rossiya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Licentiapacisterra wrote:I've had an idea for an RP. Well, not so much an idea, as I've tried it in the past, back when these RPs were in Forum 7, and managed to get it a bit into the story before it got pruned.

Basically, it is based around a sort-of secret service group, known only to the leaders of the countries that they operate in. They fight terrorists, separatists, and pretty much anyone who is trying to start an unnecessary war, and they travel around the world to do it. My plan was also for the boss of the group (my character) to be very secretive, and not telling people what had happened to his previous colleagues.

Thoughts ??


Sounds kind of like Rainbow Six. Relevant to my interests.

User avatar
Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22142
Founded: May 09, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Agritum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:16 am

Esternial wrote:
Agritum wrote:One of the RP ideas I have? Well, one would involve a planet much similar to our own experiencing a terrible cataclysm called "The Shattering", which shatters the world in several flying continents that levitate in the sky. The nations of the world, which would be based on real nations of Earth, would slowly begin to get acquainted to this new life, After The End. However, an horde of sentient, terrain-eating machines called STYGMA emerge from the shattered planet's core, and begin to attack the flying continents. One day, the nations discover that a mineral that possesses marvellous energetical capabilities is now present on the ravaged planet below them. After dangerous expeditions, some of this mineral is recovered, permitting the continents to use them as the power sources of the Skyframes, flying mechs capable of fending off the STYGMA.

However, tensions between the nations are brewing, as an arms race involving the Skyframes start, all while a Joint Task Force of this universe's equivalent of the UN struggles to protect the flying islands from the STYGMA hordes.
So, all the characters would belong to this task force, as pilots of Skyframes.
Nice enough setting for a Mech RP?

A mech RP...sounds kind of rare if I'm not mistaken. I like it.

Happy to see some interest in a not very used RP topic :)
Neoliberal Globalist Ukraine Supporter
Friedmanite Libertarian ALDE Eurofederalist



User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Agritum wrote:
Esternial wrote:A mech RP...sounds kind of rare if I'm not mistaken. I like it.

Happy to see some interest in a not very used RP topic :)

If well thought/worked out, I might consider joining if my schedule allows it.

Or at the very least keep an eye on it.

User avatar
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20403
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I had an idea.

It would take the Release States, vampire powers, and a bit of backstory from Hellsing, some oni powers from Touhou, the orcs from Monster Hunter International, and the magical girl powers/uniforms from the Nanoha franchise, specifically StrikerS. Throw in some werewolves, succubi/incubi, oni, lamia, elves, orcs, dwarves, nymphs, aliens, magical girls, demigods and whatever magical beings I come up with by the time the OOC is up, and give them all Release States, but keep them from going past level 6 at the beginning, staggering their ability to use lower Release States as we go along, usually just before the end of each Act. You can also be human, if you want to become Batman some day.

Also, there are magical weapons/vehicles/whatever from folklore and mythology, along with deities. They look nothing like the forms you see in pictures. Helios' chariot is a fire engine red Ferrari 458 Spyder, Gungnir is a rocket launcher, and Lævatein is an electric guitar made of pure, lead-coated, self-replenishing hassium, the heaviest of metals. This causes it to produce a sound ten thousand times more metal than any other guitar in the universe. Metal to the point of being weaponized. It's also indestructible, so there's that. These magical weapons/vehicles/whatever are organized into Tiers. All the stuff mentioned above are Tier 0. (Characters won't be able to use such weapons until very late in the RP)

Now for the story.

In 1922, the League of Nations created the ARES organization, an antiparanormal criminal group headquartered in Paris. Created to deal with paranormal activity that required more advanced tech than any one nation could afford, it drew members primarily from the then-premiere antiparanormal organizations of the world. After World War II ended, the League of Nations ceased to be, taking ARES with it. Part of the job of the ARES organization was to keep the existence of supernatural beings secret: Even the Manhattan project was less classified than this fact. Long after the disbanding of ARES, the secret has been kept by the various national antiparanormal criminal organizations.

Until now, at least.

Six years ago, on June 1st, 2006, rumors started flooding in to the various APC organizations of the world of rather... unusual activity by terrorists. Soldiers and civilians brutally slaughtered and mutilated, entire towns razed to the ground, 'strange beasts' running through towns and pillaging and plundering like viking pirate ninjas. On June 6th (It was a slow day in London, and the Vatican was too busy being themselves to look into it), their worst fears was confirmed: Some schmuck had leaked information on supernatural beings to not one, but several organizations linked to hatecrimes and terrorist action. At first, there was panic in the UN once the civilian leaders were informed, but level heads prevailed, and the United Nations decided to respond by resurrecting the idea of the ARES organization, in the form of PHOBOS.

The problem is, there aren't many supernaturals with military training left. Most have rather low- to middle-wage jobs, as a way to hide their identiy. So PHOBOS has had to sift through the world's lower- and middle-classes to find its new troops.

Thoughts? Comments?
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Best thread ever.|SPACE!
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22142
Founded: May 09, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Agritum » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Rupudska wrote:I had an idea.

It would take the Release States, vampire powers, and a bit of backstory from Hellsing, some oni powers from Touhou, the orcs from Monster Hunter International, and the magical girl powers/uniforms from the Nanoha franchise, specifically StrikerS. Throw in some werewolves, succubi/incubi, oni, lamia, elves, orcs, dwarves, nymphs, aliens, magical girls, demigods and whatever magical beings I come up with by the time the OOC is up, and give them all Release States, but keep them from going past level 6 at the beginning, staggering their ability to use lower Release States as we go along, usually just before the end of each Act. You can also be human, if you want to become Batman some day.

Also, there are magical weapons/vehicles/whatever from folklore and mythology, along with deities. They look nothing like the forms you see in pictures. Helios' chariot is a fire engine red Ferrari 458 Spyder, Gungnir is a rocket launcher, and Lævatein is an electric guitar made of pure, lead-coated, self-replenishing hassium, the heaviest of metals. This causes it to produce a sound ten thousand times more metal than any other guitar in the universe. Metal to the point of being weaponized. It's also indestructible, so there's that. These magical weapons/vehicles/whatever are organized into Tiers. All the stuff mentioned above are Tier 0. (Characters won't be able to use such weapons until very late in the RP)

Now for the story.

In 1922, the League of Nations created the ARES organization, an antiparanormal criminal group headquartered in Paris. Created to deal with paranormal activity that required more advanced tech than any one nation could afford, it drew members primarily from the then-premiere antiparanormal organizations of the world. After World War II ended, the League of Nations ceased to be, taking ARES with it. Part of the job of the ARES organization was to keep the existence of supernatural beings secret: Even the Manhattan project was less classified than this fact. Long after the disbanding of ARES, the secret has been kept by the various national antiparanormal criminal organizations.

Until now, at least.

Six years ago, on June 1st, 2006, rumors started flooding in to the various APC organizations of the world of rather... unusual activity by terrorists. Soldiers and civilians brutally slaughtered and mutilated, entire towns razed to the ground, 'strange beasts' running through towns and pillaging and plundering like viking pirate ninjas. On June 6th (It was a slow day in London, and the Vatican was too busy being themselves to look into it), their worst fears was confirmed: Some schmuck had leaked information on supernatural beings to not one, but several organizations linked to hatecrimes and terrorist action. At first, there was panic in the UN once the civilian leaders were informed, but level heads prevailed, and the United Nations decided to respond by resurrecting the idea of the ARES organization, in the form of PHOBOS.

The problem is, there aren't many supernaturals with military training left. Most have rather low- to middle-wage jobs, as a way to hide their identiy. So PHOBOS has had to sift through the world's lower- and middle-classes to find its new troops.

Thoughts? Comments?

Awesome, Rup. Just one thing: what the hell are Release States?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just reminded what they are.
Last edited by Agritum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neoliberal Globalist Ukraine Supporter
Friedmanite Libertarian ALDE Eurofederalist



User avatar
Boriem
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Agritum wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I had an idea.

It would take the Release States, vampire powers, and a bit of backstory from Hellsing, some oni powers from Touhou, the orcs from Monster Hunter International, and the magical girl powers/uniforms from the Nanoha franchise, specifically StrikerS. Throw in some werewolves, succubi/incubi, oni, lamia, elves, orcs, dwarves, nymphs, aliens, magical girls, demigods and whatever magical beings I come up with by the time the OOC is up, and give them all Release States, but keep them from going past level 6 at the beginning, staggering their ability to use lower Release States as we go along, usually just before the end of each Act. You can also be human, if you want to become Batman some day.

Also, there are magical weapons/vehicles/whatever from folklore and mythology, along with deities. They look nothing like the forms you see in pictures. Helios' chariot is a fire engine red Ferrari 458 Spyder, Gungnir is a rocket launcher, and Lævatein is an electric guitar made of pure, lead-coated, self-replenishing hassium, the heaviest of metals. This causes it to produce a sound ten thousand times more metal than any other guitar in the universe. Metal to the point of being weaponized. It's also indestructible, so there's that. These magical weapons/vehicles/whatever are organized into Tiers. All the stuff mentioned above are Tier 0. (Characters won't be able to use such weapons until very late in the RP)

Now for the story.

In 1922, the League of Nations created the ARES organization, an antiparanormal criminal group headquartered in Paris. Created to deal with paranormal activity that required more advanced tech than any one nation could afford, it drew members primarily from the then-premiere antiparanormal organizations of the world. After World War II ended, the League of Nations ceased to be, taking ARES with it. Part of the job of the ARES organization was to keep the existence of supernatural beings secret: Even the Manhattan project was less classified than this fact. Long after the disbanding of ARES, the secret has been kept by the various national antiparanormal criminal organizations.

Until now, at least.

Six years ago, on June 1st, 2006, rumors started flooding in to the various APC organizations of the world of rather... unusual activity by terrorists. Soldiers and civilians brutally slaughtered and mutilated, entire towns razed to the ground, 'strange beasts' running through towns and pillaging and plundering like viking pirate ninjas. On June 6th (It was a slow day in London, and the Vatican was too busy being themselves to look into it), their worst fears was confirmed: Some schmuck had leaked information on supernatural beings to not one, but several organizations linked to hatecrimes and terrorist action. At first, there was panic in the UN once the civilian leaders were informed, but level heads prevailed, and the United Nations decided to respond by resurrecting the idea of the ARES organization, in the form of PHOBOS.

The problem is, there aren't many supernaturals with military training left. Most have rather low- to middle-wage jobs, as a way to hide their identiy. So PHOBOS has had to sift through the world's lower- and middle-classes to find its new troops.

Thoughts? Comments?

Awesome, Rup. Just one thing: what the hell are Release States?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just reminded what they are.


?
...

User avatar
Murgoth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 843
Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 pm

interesting. might be interested. would need to find a suitably obscure mythical being to be. would probably join if it is created.
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

User avatar
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20403
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 pm

I'll make the OOC thread later, then.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Best thread ever.|SPACE!
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Rupudska wrote:I'll make the OOC thread later, then.

I see you've launched it then! ;)

User avatar
Boriem
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Esternial wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I'll make the OOC thread later, then.

I see you've launched it then! ;)


And it was closed in two days before I could sign up... :(
...

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:I see you've launched it then! ;)


And it was closed in two days before I could sign up... :(

Well, some advice: Don't sign up on any deals you can't cash. Your schedule might change and then you'll have to drop out of some RP's.

I don't know about other OP's, but if you drop out of my RP's because you took on more than you can handle, I'm putting you on my list.
Note: I sometimes drop out myself, too; but that's mainly because the pace on most P2MV threads is too damn high.
Last edited by Esternial on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Murgoth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 843
Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Esternial wrote:
Boriem wrote:
And it was closed in two days before I could sign up... :(

Well, some advice: Don't sign up on any deals you can't cash. Your schedule might change and then you'll have to drop out of some RP's.

I don't know about other OP's, but if you drop out of my RP's because you took on more than you can handle, I'm putting you on my list.
Note: I sometimes drop out myself, too; but that's mainly because the pace on most P2MV threads is too damn high.


vote for "the pace is too damn high!" party this november! reduce all posters to one post a day, for the benefit of us all!
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

User avatar
Boriem
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Esternial wrote:
Boriem wrote:
And it was closed in two days before I could sign up... :(

Well, some advice: Don't sign up on any deals you can't cash. Your schedule might change and then you'll have to drop out of some RP's.

I don't know about other OP's, but if you drop out of my RP's because you took on more than you can handle, I'm putting you on my list.
Note: I sometimes drop out myself, too; but that's mainly because the pace on most P2MV threads is too damn high.


I'm the type that signs up for every RP and puts his all into each of them.

As for keeping an understanding of the situation, that's a definite no.
...

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, some advice: Don't sign up on any deals you can't cash. Your schedule might change and then you'll have to drop out of some RP's.

I don't know about other OP's, but if you drop out of my RP's because you took on more than you can handle, I'm putting you on my list.
Note: I sometimes drop out myself, too; but that's mainly because the pace on most P2MV threads is too damn high.


I'm the type that signs up for every RP and puts his all into each of them.

As for keeping an understanding of the situation, that's a definite no.

What situation? The thread closing, you mean?

Plus, I added a poll.

User avatar
Boriem
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Esternial wrote:
Boriem wrote:
I'm the type that signs up for every RP and puts his all into each of them.

As for keeping an understanding of the situation, that's a definite no.

What situation? The thread closing, you mean?

Plus, I added a poll.


Nevermind.

The point I was originally making was that Rup closed his RP before I got a chance to join.

Anyways, I suppose a good thread to have is an RPing Guide Thread. Maybe just more guides, period.
Last edited by Boriem on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:What situation? The thread closing, you mean?

Plus, I added a poll.


Nevermind.

The point I was originally making was that Rup closed his RP before I got a chance to join.

Anyways, I suppose a good thread to have is an RPing Q&A Thread.

*looks at thread*

Well, this kind of is. People haven't asked many questions though.

User avatar
Boriem
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Esternial wrote:
Boriem wrote:
Nevermind.

The point I was originally making was that Rup closed his RP before I got a chance to join.

Anyways, I suppose a good thread to have is an RPing Q&A Thread.

*looks at thread*

Well, this kind of is. People haven't asked many questions though.


Edited my post.

Hmm... I recall someone back in F7 having a really Really REALLY detailed guide.

The thing is, though, most people in P2MV are regulars. I do spot newbies occasionally, but they don't really... Yeah...
...

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:*looks at thread*

Well, this kind of is. People haven't asked many questions though.


Edited my post.

Hmm... I recall someone back in F7 having a really Really REALLY detailed guide.

The thing is, though, most people in P2MV are regulars. I do spot newbies occasionally, but they don't really... Yeah...

Got any titles?

User avatar
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20403
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:What situation? The thread closing, you mean?

Plus, I added a poll.


Nevermind.

The point I was originally making was that Rup closed his RP before I got a chance to join.


That's because I got a tsunami of people joining. If more people leave, you're more than welcome to join.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Best thread ever.|SPACE!
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Sentinel XV
Senator
 
Posts: 4454
Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:*looks at thread*

Well, this kind of is. People haven't asked many questions though.


Edited my post.

Hmm... I recall someone back in F7 having a really Really REALLY detailed guide.

The thing is, though, most people in P2MV are regulars. I do spot newbies occasionally, but they don't really... Yeah...

I've been meaning to update the Book of the Multiverse thread for a while. Haven't gotten around to it, though.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

User avatar
Murgoth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 843
Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:37 pm

new idea in my mind. played in a version of it a loooong time ago, and always liked the idea. here it is:

there is a creature. the people of the village say it is a gaurdian of the hills. the educated are saying it is an undiscovered species. the paranoid are claiming it is a goverment experiment. whatever it may be, it is there, and it is killing.
you have been hired by... somebody. the exact identity of your employer is unknown, but they pay well. extremely well. that is, if you suceed. 30 million dollars for it's head. who could refuse?
now you are here, in the small village of Shkina. 50 residents, down from the 100 it was before the beast arrived. night is now falling. the beast must be killed before tommorow morning, for unknown reason. you have been contacted because you are good, perhaps the best. can you kill the beast? can you even survive the night?

my idea is that the beast is an incredibly powerful entity, with a form to be determined later. he has an array of natural and supernatural powers, which he will use to toy with and eventually kill as many of the mercenaries as it can. once the players have killed the beast, if they do, they have some options. they can turn in the head as a group, splitting the reward, or backstab each other until only one is left.
what do you guys think?
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88776
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:*looks at thread*

Well, this kind of is. People haven't asked many questions though.


Edited my post.

Hmm... I recall someone back in F7 having a really Really REALLY detailed guide.

The thing is, though, most people in P2MV are regulars. I do spot newbies occasionally, but they don't really... Yeah...

P2MV is very group centred, but it depends on the type of rp. Nation rps have their own community, character rps have their own, so on.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:37 am

Sentinel XV wrote:
Boriem wrote:
Edited my post.

Hmm... I recall someone back in F7 having a really Really REALLY detailed guide.

The thing is, though, most people in P2MV are regulars. I do spot newbies occasionally, but they don't really... Yeah...

I've been meaning to update the Book of the Multiverse thread for a while. Haven't gotten around to it, though.

Well, I'm working on a small guide myself.

@Night: Indeed, and that kind of 'clique-forming' is somewhat of a problem, imo. Not significant, but it kind of makes a less receptive environment for newcomers.
Last edited by Esternial on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arlye Austros, Bortslovakia, Finland SSR, Greater Arab State, Holy Tedalonia, Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth, Morrdh, Nea Byzantia, Novas Arcanum, Ralnis

Advertisement

Remove ads