NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
65%
Nah.
12%
I don't care.
22%

Total votes : 139

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Kassaran wrote:Just testing a theory...

Nightkill Nightkill Nightkill.

meh
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm

I genuinely can't be assed to reply to your other ones, Kass, but it's rather spammy.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:NO DON'T WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Summoning the Nightkill, obviously.

N͖̻̦̜͇̮̊̒ͩͤͪͮ͒̒i̮̰̟͌̂ͥ̚g̲͈͋̊̂͊ͤ̋͗͗h̝͍͎̲̥͕̻̔̈̑ͣt͎͈̯̖̳̤͒ͬͭͬ̎̎͛ͅk̠̇̃͛͛ͮ̿i̬̹͇̰͖̬͑͆ͅl̤̞̫̣͎͖̓͐̐̓l͚̼̹̰͐̌̆̎̚ ͙͔̦̞͎̫̀N̹͕͕̤̥̩̥͂i̗̠ͦ̅̄͋̽͛͑̒g͓͓̰̖͖͖̖̪ͦͯh͙͙̮͙̖̎̔̔̚t̜̥̭̒͐ͯ̏͛̾̚k̥̖͔̱̯̝͖ͨͥ́ͨͪ̄ͩ̄̓i̪͎̲͙̠ͯ̒̂͒l̟͕̩̼̰͗͒̒̔ͬ̋́̓l̼͈͐̀̈ͭ̐ ̲̹̗͈̽̄N̺̼̮͕̎̆͋͊̎̿͐ͭi͉͉͓͔ͣ̏ͩͮͅg̲̲̬̣̩͚͕̤̑́͌ͮ̃́̾̔h̯͚͙̭͙̻͓̪ͯ̃͂̚ṫ͈̘̮̟̠̣̹̓ͣ͆k̙̞̙̤͕͈͖̬ͦ̆͛̆̄̉̒i̝̦̤̗̻͉̾̓͊̈ͬ͋ͯ͊ͪͅl͔̠̻͌ͫ̇ͅḻ̻̙̺̤̽͐̆̽͆̒ͫ͋
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Agritum wrote:Wolfenium (a Chinese Singaporean) once made an RP set in Boxer Rebellion-age China.

The only Chinese characters were his own ones.

I would have banned all non-Chinese characters at first. Later I'd have opened up Japan and perhaps India.

I think that'd have killed off most interest.

On hindsight, I probably should have restricted the character nationalities a lot more than I should, The line between the character and nation side in my RP got too blur in the end, and people started jacking up the might of minor nations in hopes of redressing the wrongs of imperialism in their lands or reviving lost legacies. That, combined with other serious slights and RL issues, forced me to shut it down.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I would have banned all non-Chinese characters at first. Later I'd have opened up Japan and perhaps India.

I think that'd have killed off most interest.

On hindsight, I probably should have restricted the character nationalities a lot more than I should, The line between the character and nation side in my RP got too blur in the end, and people started jacking up the might of minor nations in hopes of redressing the wrongs of imperialism in their lands or reviving lost legacies. That, combined with other serious slights and RL issues, forced me to shut it down.

You were supposed to be the chosen one! :(

Also, regular rules apply here, so I request that further spamming be reported should it persist.
Last edited by Esternial on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 am

So we can't revive Steel and Spell anymore? :(
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:So I'm thinking of making a military RP.

Where it's based in Afghanistan, US soldiers have left Afghanistan, and we can play as either Taliban or Afghanistan.

Interest thread will be up.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:So I'm thinking of making a military RP.

Where it's based in Afghanistan, US soldiers have left Afghanistan, and we can play as either Taliban or Afghanistan.

Interest thread will be up.

Interesting...
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Boomhaueristan
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Boomhaueristan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 am

The Vicious Abyss: The Trek to Dammon (P2TM RP (draft))
Genre: High Fantasy, Dark fantasy, Sword and Sorcery
Players: 4-8
Lore Notes-
The Multiverse, a web of nodes all connecting hundreds of fantasy realms. Turor'von the world smith, has been in an endless slumber and long forgotten.
Its children are spread out, ruling as Gods across the realms. Most have long forsaken each other and forgotten the names of their kin.

Uluiator The Firstborn, eldest of Turor'vons folk, had been cast into an abyss for slaying Masilion The Sunlit and damaging the fabric of time.

In every realm, there is or has been a champion. Be it human or elf, giant or dwarf, these heroes saved their realms from any threat, for reward or none.

One such realm, Trivolin, has a threat that for the first time, threatens the entire multiverse.
Uluiator has been awoke, and by some dark magic, gained control over The High Kingdom of Nurvag, located beyond the Anvil Hills in Trivolin.

High King Curun IV 'The Boneless', under an evil influence, cursed his lands. One single dark cloud now lingers over the land, and threatens to engulf the realm.

Trivolins Champion, Markus The Ironside of the underlands, ventured over the Anvil Hills with his faithful knights. The cloud grows still.

Reports of demonic possession, random forest fires, and earthquakes of unnatural magnitude have slowly spread node to node.

Believing Markus had failed, Magister Avonkuss; Turor'vons Steward, has entered Trivolin. Seeing that the godkin have ignored the signs, he must now assemble a party. For he is forbidden to directly involve himself.

You are a Hero of a Realm, dead or living. Manipulating the damaged timerift, Avonkuss has summoned you. You have no choice, if you refuse you will be destroyed.

If you perish in Nurvag, your soul will become an instrument of darkness. If you survive, you will have one godly wish.

Specifics-
Choose your path wisely, no route is safe.
Except areas marked * of course

NPCs:
Magister Avonkuss
townsfolk of Maygran
Melu The Silver Spirit/Elves of Salarialis
Dwarven Refugees/ Prince Haakon IV The Adamant
Chief Lesta Grey Flame/ Dizlith Pyromancers

Bosses
Arcton The Great White Bear/Estuvon The Twinshield and the merry band
Zaslutron, Obsidian Drake of the North/ The Royal Family of Khurak Vontosh and the Mithril Golem
Orctulos of the Abyss
Fareye Hevulion The Blacksoul and The Darkelven/ Alexandros The Captain of the Black and The Black Guard Remnants
The Sentinel Demon
Markus Ironside
Curun IV and The Cult of The Depths

The Very Rough Draft Route:
Town of Maygran*---> Hiddenroot Forest/or/Halkons Road--> The High Elven City of Salarialis*-----> Hammer pass over the Anvil Hills/or/ Dwarven City of Khurak Vontosh---> The Dranmor Swamp---> Village of Dizlith*---> The Great Plains/or/The Emerald Pathway--->Dammon Capital

Test App-
Name: Be original
Race: Anything reasonable from the fantasy genre, no godkin plz
Birth Realm: Describe it
Heroic Class: Describe it
Appearance: No pictures, describe it
Loadout: Your tools, armor/clothing, limited (2) enchanted items
Fatal Flaw: Whatever could be exploited. Love of gold, berserk button, achilles heel, etc
Magical Abilities: Be imaginative, but not overpowered/ridiculous
Rp sample: Describe in at least two paragraphs, a tale of your hero

My PC-
Olafr Hammersson of Thrakes Folk
Dwarf
Two hundred thirty four

Isicius: The great ice craig of the multiverse, the mountains are as deep as they are tall. Great Wraith dragons make their home on the peaks. Spread between these great towers of stone are wastlelands, home to many an orc, or far worse; the Dark Elves. Life in Isicius is dismal at best, the four remaining Chaos Dwarven clans vy for control of their ice citadels.

Berserker Wraith: Utilizing the fury of Thrakes Folk, Olafr is known as "The Riddling Hammer" by friend, "Malicebringer" by foe. His might in close combat is unsurpassed among his Isicius kin, but his Riddles of the Gods bring divine blessings to his allies.

Olafr is tall; for a dwarf. His cold, pale face is home to many lightish purple scars from "Thraken Debates". His worn black hair is shaped into a mohawk of sorts, yet his beard has traces of grey. Opting out of having a long aristocratic beard with many knots and braids, Olafr has but a full beard; the hairs two inches in length. His misty blue eyes are rarely seen by his enemies, as the chaos fury drapes his eyes an endless black.

Armored to the bone, he carries around a suit of heavy armor. Fashioned from the bones of the Wraith Dragon Kristoggen, it gives good protection from standard weapons and the cold. Unfortunately it has no enchantment, but bears the sigal of Thrakes Folk; crafted from Kristoggens cracked tooth.

Olafr utilizes a claymore, smithed from obsidian by Thrake himself. It is enchanted with magicks from the abyss by Lord Soroth The Firstborn of the Dark Elves, it's occult effects come to light when wielded by one in a murderous state. It's name, "Kharn Zasluvek"; which means "Unborn Blade", is etched into the hilt.

Olafr is cursed with The Ring of Abysskin. Unable to remove it from his finger, the ring will force him to become a servant of the abyss if if he fails in this quest. It is solid black, of an unknown metal. Too tight for any Dwarf.

Olafr has an unnatural hatred for Elves who have not followed the path of Chaos. While he sees Dark Elves as friends to his Kingdom, all other types are to be distrusted at best.

The Dwarf can cast a party strengthening spell by eviscerating an enemy and telling the Riddle of The Gods of Isicius. Offensively, he can summon an ancestor by telling the tale of The Black Dwarf while in battle.

Did some work, I'd like some input before I make an interest thread.
Proud service member since 2016
Libcenter
Happy husband and father

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Equalium wrote:Okay, so I am making progress on my HOM.

Right here. Lay some ideas and thoughts. I wanna make it unique. I might even not make it just Earth. Who knows? I might make a RP based off of my world of Farcheesta :D

Access denied.

Forgot
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

TO JOIN THIS RP!!!?!:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281286

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Equalium wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Access denied.

Forgot

Access Denied

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

RP Name: Minecraft: Herobrine's Revenge
RP Creator: Me
Type (Character, Nation, Faction): Character
Genre/s: War Fantasy Minecraft
Detailed Description: Many years ago, when Minecraft was young, Notch accidentally created a virus. The virus became self aware and created a form for itself in the game. Notch had to lock him up inside of a tomb, but he also had to make a key. The key was hidden in every world, but only the best of the best could find it. I was the only one who did and was foolish enough to unlock him. He booted me from the server and took it over himself by taking control of all the hostile mobs. He copied the world to every server in the world, effectively taking over Minecraft itself.
Link to the OOC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281346#p18606904
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:RP Name: Minecraft: Herobrine's Revenge
Detailed Description: Many years ago, when Minecraft was young, Notch accidentally created a virus. The virus became self aware and created a form for itself in the game. Notch had to lock him up inside of a tomb, but he also had to make a key. The key was hidden in every world, but only the best of the best could find it. I was the only one who did and was foolish enough to unlock him. He booted me from the server and took it over himself by taking control of all the hostile mobs. He copied the world to every server in the world, effectively taking over Minecraft itself.
Link to the OOC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281346#p18606904

Couldn't they just shut down the servers or patch that world away?

Prospect Landings
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prospect Landings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

That roleplay reminds me of this short series:

The Princess
Goin' back to Tangier, with some Jordans and a Spear

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Prospect Landings wrote:That roleplay reminds me of this short series:

The Princess

That's some finely made creepypasta. I mean, even fake comments?

Prospect Landings
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prospect Landings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Agritum wrote:
Prospect Landings wrote:That roleplay reminds me of this short series:

The Princess

That's some finely made creepypasta. I mean, even fake comments?

The ending is a little silly:

She jumps out of your TV set to HUG you, but she's made of hard plastic, so she KILLS you instead

But the idea of a physical meme horror story could be interesting in competent hands.
Last edited by Prospect Landings on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Prospect Landings wrote:
Agritum wrote:That's some finely made creepypasta. I mean, even fake comments?

She jumps out of your TV set to HUG you, but she's made of hard plastic, so she KILLS you instead

But the idea of a physical meme horror story could be interesting in competent hands.

The Attack Of The Rabid Doge

Prospect Landings
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Prospect Landings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Agritum wrote:
Prospect Landings wrote:

I always preferred the dog-fort/dog-lobster comics tbh

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Agritum wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:RP Name: Minecraft: Herobrine's Revenge

Couldn't they just shut down the servers or patch that world away?

No because he is the ultimate virus. He is able to fry every computer in the world.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Agritum wrote:
Prospect Landings wrote:

Much scare.
Many fright
shibe drul n biet

Wow.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Agritum wrote:Couldn't they just shut down the servers or patch that world away?

No because he is the ultimate virus. He is able to fry every computer in the world.

...then why aren't we fucked yet?

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Agritum wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:No because he is the ultimate virus. He is able to fry every computer in the world.

...then why aren't we fucked yet?

"Cause that ain't real.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Agritum wrote:...then why aren't we fucked yet?

"Cause that ain't real.

No, I mean, if he can frye very computer in the world, how can he even be fought?

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Agritum wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:"Cause that ain't real.

No, I mean, if he can frye very computer in the world, how can he even be fought?

Frying every computer is a last resort for him. And he has set up his base in that server. If you can kill him, he is done for.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse