NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
65%
Nah.
12%
I don't care.
22%

Total votes : 139

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Esternial wrote:Well, this topic is supposed to get OPs with similar ideas to work together on one RP rather than make their own. That way they can pool their plot devices and other ideas into a good thread rather than two (or more) that lack something.

But some people are more solitary, so that's a mentality we have to work on. It'll take time.
Firstaria wrote:
Not a list of official OP, just an help desk with people actually picking up new OP to bring them to a level of Intro and Presence and Idea that can satisfy RP standards.

This *is* a help desk, y'know.

I was talking about RP OP's...

What I meant was a guide to teach RPers that have an idea how to run their RP successfully. I mean, no offense to those people out there... But I see way too many poorly designed and/or ran RPs.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, this topic is supposed to get OPs with similar ideas to work together on one RP rather than make their own. That way they can pool their plot devices and other ideas into a good thread rather than two (or more) that lack something.

But some people are more solitary, so that's a mentality we have to work on. It'll take time.

This *is* a help desk, y'know.

What I meant was a guide to teach RPers that have an idea how to run their RP successfully. I mean, no offense to those people out there... But I see way too many poorly designed and/or ran RPs.

The thing, RPs are so diverse that it's hard to make a decent guide that's capable of encompassing everything.

I'll look into it, though.

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Esternial wrote:
Boriem wrote:

The thing, RPs are so diverse that it's hard to make a decent guide that's capable of encompassing everything.

But OPing an RP is the same across the board. Of course, there are many types of OPs, but any type of OPing can generally run any kind RP.

Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Esternial wrote:
Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki wrote:I have made an alternative Lion King rp, a Maze Runner rp, and a Jurassic Park rp but nobody signed up for any of them besides one of my friends.

Well, I'm not sure whether the subject of your RPs would have gathered much attention, unless you really worked them out so that it didn't just follow the main storyline of the movie it's based on.

I'll also refer to the previous post by Boriem:
Boriem wrote:
Of course, you could make a rule where one RP only gets one post...

I for one like the idea of having an advertisement thread, since, in my experience RPing, OPs rarely ever advertise well enough. Primarily, their friends join anyways and they're the people the OP usually invites.

Just my two-cents.

Yes, we might need better methods to get OPs some participants, but an advertisement thread isn't the way to go, imo.

I've started an initiative here, which might help along the process a bit. OPs still have to do their own advertising outside any threads, though.

The Lion King is an alternative version where we change the whole events in the movie, Maze Runner is a book and is a completely different story line and takes place years after the book, and Jurassic Park is a different reality with some of the official characters but is mainly with made up characters including dinos and even dogs!
Рфшд Ьгерук Кгыышф рщьу ща Сщььгтшыь фтв Ыщсшфдшыь!

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, I'm not sure whether the subject of your RPs would have gathered much attention, unless you really worked them out so that it didn't just follow the main storyline of the movie it's based on.

I'll also refer to the previous post by Boriem:

Yes, we might need better methods to get OPs some participants, but an advertisement thread isn't the way to go, imo.

I've started an initiative here, which might help along the process a bit. OPs still have to do their own advertising outside any threads, though.

The Lion King is an alternative version where we change the whole events in the movie, Maze Runner is a book and is a completely different story line and takes place years after the book, and Jurassic Park is a different reality with some of the official characters but is mainly with made up characters including dinos and even dogs!

But this isn't the place for advertising your ideas. It's the place to see if your ideas get interest...

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:The thing, RPs are so diverse that it's hard to make a decent guide that's capable of encompassing everything.

But OPing an RP is the same across the board. Of course, there are many types of OPs, but any type of OPing can generally run any kind RP.

Nope. I'm very good at running character rps. I couldn't run a nation rp for the life of me.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Boriem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Boriem wrote:

Nope. I'm very good at running character rps. I couldn't run a nation rp for the life of me.

But still, it's not much different to run one character RP from another, even though it's a different setting.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Awright, folks. After yet another brief hiatus, I'm back, and I have some ideas to flesh out here. There are several of them, and I don't quite feel up to making them into proper RPs yet, for the most part. All the ideas I'm about to list, however, share one feature. They are all driven by a pre-written plotline. That means we're going to be operating less like that fucking horrible Favela level from MW2, and more like an on-rails light gun shooter. I've got a name for this otherwise-unrelated series of RPs: GAUSS. It stands for "Guided Author-Utilized Stabilization System", and it sounds really fucking cool.

I would blather on further, but I'm sure you've heard enough general stuff. The specifics are below. Because I have an insanely busy life outside of Nationstates, I'm sure you'll understand that I will only be starting ONE of the RPs below. They are all ideas I've been tossing around for a while, and I don't have any particular preference. That said, they will ALL be made eventually. So pick a genre, and give me opinions, feedback, ideas, criticism, what you ate for lunch, ALL THAT SHIT.

The latest entry in the "Lands of War" series, this RP is an epic struggle between nearly half a dozen diverse factions. It's set in an alternate World War II, where the entire world is the battlefield, and the outcome is anything but decided. You will RP as an entire Empire at war, with entire armies at your fingertips. What's more, your nation will be dropped straight into the action, with no buildup; once a certain number of people join in, the war will instantly begin, and you'll test your strategic prowess against that of your foes. Are you up to the task of conquering the entire planet?

See you, Space Cowboy.

Anyone who's ever watched Cowboy Bebop knows that it's among Japan's most noteworthy achievements as a nation. If you haven't seen it, even if you've never seen any other anime, I suggest you watch it. There's a whole universe established in the 26-episode series, and it's one of the most compelling Post-Modern Technology universes ever established. While it's science fiction by definition, it also bears distinct elements drawn from spaghetti westerns, action flicks, and many other genres, blending them masterfully into what the creators themselves dubbed "the work that will define a new genre".

When I say that I want to create an RP set in this universe, I do not mean that I intend to recreate theoretical adventures of the Bebop and its remarkable crew of ex-hitmen, cyborgs, annoying kids, dogs, and women with attitudes. Not in the slightest. But it's obvious that a major subculture in the CB universe is built around bounty hunters. They have their own TV channel, after all. And in a universe where roving bands of bounty hunters are seen as having a respectable profession, who better to be? We will be assembling the crew of an entirely different bounty-hunting ship, and setting out to seek our fortunes among the stars. That means there WILL be a limited number of slots here- though I'm not averse to the idea of having a Co-OP as the captain of a second vessel.

See the previously-written description at the bottom of Page 1. It was quoted several times afterwards, you can't miss it... probably.

And finally, we have what might well be the best idea of the four: a spy thriller. I am most open to ideas with this one. While I'd obviously think a mid/late Cold War setting would be the best one for such an RP, a modern tale would also work. Again: ideas are very much welcomed here. I think most of us can agree that an RP such as this has never been done successfully before, and that it would be very interesting. Other than that, and a short note here at the end that this RP will not be a silly one (GASP), I leave the rest in your capable hands, hooves, flippers, and other appendages.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 pm

I'd be interested in an Espionage Thriller.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:03 am

Boriem wrote:

Probably because nations require planning rather than just mucking about, throwing dick jokes at us :p

In all honesty, I have experience with all kinds of RPs that go on here, except for any involving sports. I've RP'ed and OP'ed in II, F7 and P2TM and went over all kinds of types. There's a reason why I prefer P2TM, and that's the character RPs.

Although a good faction RP wouldn't be bad either, which is just what I'm working on.

@Arcad: I had an RP inspired by Firefly not long ago, I might launch it one day in the future, and I'd welcome your help. Or perhaps I could hand over control of my content and let you fiddle around with it and create a hybrid from both our concepts.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 am

The latest entry in the "Lands of War" series, this RP is an epic struggle between nearly half a dozen diverse factions. It's set in an alternate World War II, where the entire world is the battlefield, and the outcome is anything but decided. You will RP as an entire Empire at war, with entire armies at your fingertips. What's more, your nation will be dropped straight into the action, with no buildup; once a certain number of people join in, the war will instantly begin, and you'll test your strategic prowess against that of your foes. Are you up to the task of conquering the entire planet?

If the war starts IMMEDIATELY and there is no stupid truce or peace, then yes. I'M TIRED, TIRED of the many hypocrite here that takes a nation in an WW RP and then changes all by not fighting or fighing only the NPC because he knows he's gonna win.
We need to learn to RP war between each other people!

See you, Space Cowboy.

Anyone who's ever watched Cowboy Bebop knows that it's among Japan's most noteworthy achievements as a nation. If you haven't seen it, even if you've never seen any other anime, I suggest you watch it. There's a whole universe established in the 26-episode series, and it's one of the most compelling Post-Modern Technology universes ever established. While it's science fiction by definition, it also bears distinct elements drawn from spaghetti westerns, action flicks, and many other genres, blending them masterfully into what the creators themselves dubbed "the work that will define a new genre".

When I say that I want to create an RP set in this universe, I do not mean that I intend to recreate theoretical adventures of the Bebop and its remarkable crew of ex-hitmen, cyborgs, annoying kids, dogs, and women with attitudes. Not in the slightest. But it's obvious that a major subculture in the CB universe is built around bounty hunters. They have their own TV channel, after all. And in a universe where roving bands of bounty hunters are seen as having a respectable profession, who better to be? We will be assembling the crew of an entirely different bounty-hunting ship, and setting out to seek our fortunes among the stars. That means there WILL be a limited number of slots here- though I'm not averse to the idea of having a Co-OP as the captain of a second vessel.

A far west space adventure, again I like the idea. But it has to be rude and unforgiving, not that you can walk around all day doing nothing.

See the previously-written description at the bottom of Page 1. It was quoted several times afterwards, you can't miss it... probably.

ZZZZZZZZ....oh wait not those of sleeping? Because this always presents a problem: it's an NPC fight. Zombies lose 99% of the time.
We need something to revive this genre.

And finally, we have what might well be the best idea of the four: a spy thriller. I am most open to ideas with this one. While I'd obviously think a mid/late Cold War setting would be the best one for such an RP, a modern tale would also work. Again: ideas are very much welcomed here. I think most of us can agree that an RP such as this has never been done successfully before, and that it would be very interesting. Other than that, and a short note here at the end that this RP will not be a silly one (GASP), I leave the rest in your capable hands, hooves, flippers, and other appendages.

A Thriller is hard, because it should be unforgiving, but no one likes to die before having done something, even if he falls into ambushes and shit.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 am

Firstaria wrote:A Thriller is hard, because it should be unforgiving, but no one likes to die before having done something, even if he falls into ambushes and shit.

I do.

Dying is something.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 am

Firstaria wrote:

If the war starts IMMEDIATELY and there is no stupid truce or peace, then yes. I'M TIRED, TIRED of the many hypocrite here that takes a nation in an WW RP and then changes all by not fighting or fighing only the NPC because he knows he's gonna win.
We need to learn to RP war between each other people!

Hear, hear. Yes, there are only two or three NPCs in this; and they're mostly puppet states bordering on their superpower masters, like Poland and the USSR during the Cold War; or else they're Switzerlands. So all the real fighting is going to be PVP. In fact, here's the map:
http://imageshack.us/a/img850/2443/elephantlasers.png

So as you can see, Switzerland exists; but there's another white-colored country, fulfilling a similar role in South America. Players are probably going to be forbidden from invading these countries. Mexico and Quebec are the other two NPCs, and everything else is players.
See you, Space Cowboy.

A far west space adventure, again I like the idea. But it has to be rude and unforgiving, not that you can walk around all day doing nothing.

Well, that's where the whole "Pre-written plot" thing comes in handy. We'll have space sections, which will only last one or two RL days (depending on whether anyone has any character interaction they want to carry out), and then we'll arrive at a port of call in pursuit of a bounty, which will take the rest of that week, at least. We'll start with several leads to follow, and I'll tell everyone over TG what it is exactly that they'll find when they go a-hunting. One of the leads will pan out, and everyone will try to catch the bounty head. Whether we succeed or not... that's up to the players, at that point.

ZZZZZZZZ....oh wait not those of sleeping? Because this always presents a problem: it's an NPC fight. Zombies lose 99% of the time.
We need something to revive this genre.

A WILD STORYLINE APPEARED
>Fight >Bag
>Pokemon >Run

A Thriller is hard, because it should be unforgiving, but no one likes to die before having done something, even if he falls into ambushes and shit.

For sure. But with this one, I figured we ought to try a system of character slots, whereby these character "slots" are written into the plot, and therefore, when your character dies, it's 1) well written, 2) unexpected, and 3) entirely fair. People WILL die, and it WILL be tragic. That's how you write a good story.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 am

I'm working on revamping on old RP system for a Faction RP.

It's more or less similar to a RTS-game, but with turns. Each type of faction has it's own perks, disadvantages and special units, which should make this interesting.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:13 am

Esternial wrote:I'm working on revamping on old RP system for a Faction RP.

It's more or less similar to a RTS-game, but with turns. Each type of faction has it's own perks, disadvantages and special units, which should make this interesting.

Good.

I'm also seeing people jump happily when they hear D&D here. I'm not saying we have to turn the board into D&D realm...but we can use more rules and stats in our RP rather than " You are my puppet. "

It makes the RP less exaggerate and the PC feel less cheated when they fail.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Firstaria wrote:
Esternial wrote:I'm working on revamping on old RP system for a Faction RP.

Good.

I'm also seeing people jump happily when they hear D&D here. I'm not saying we have to turn the board into D&D realm...but we can use more rules and stats in our RP rather than " You are my puppet. "

If individuals want to do that, that's fine. Some rps don't work with that. AWB, for example, is all about characters who are stuck inside a shitty DM's story.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Firstaria wrote:
Good.

If individuals want to do that, that's fine. Some rps don't work with that. AWB, for example, is all about characters who are stuck inside a shitty DM's story.

It was?!

Also, I just finished the OP for the RP and it's 8 pages in Microsoft Word.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Esternial wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If individuals want to do that, that's fine. Some rps don't work with that. AWB, for example, is all about characters who are stuck inside a shitty DM's story.

It was?!

I never bothered to check how long EH's OP was. I just sat down one day and typed up some shit in an hour.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Esternial wrote:It was?!

I never bothered to check how long EH's OP was. I just sat down one day and typed up some shit in an hour.

Lol xD

I'll be honest, Night. Your ideas are wacky, but they sometimes lack something.

I remember that I was frustrated by the state of your OP in Elfen High 2. :p

I should get tested for OCD sometime.

EDIT: With wacky I mean the good kind, btw.
Last edited by Esternial on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Esternial wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I never bothered to check how long EH's OP was. I just sat down one day and typed up some shit in an hour.

Lol xD

Just OCD? :p

What do they lack then?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Esternial wrote:Lol xD

Just OCD? :p

What do they lack then?

:lol2:

Hmm, I'd probably go for structure. I get the impression you make your RPs on a whim by looking at the OP, but that's not really a problem. Most of your RPs run smoothly, so there's nothing really wrong with it.

It depends on what you want to add to your RP. So, what do you want to improve on your RP?

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Also, Factbooks.

People needs to use them more for RP.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Firstaria wrote:Also, Factbooks.

They're more applicable for International Incidents, though.

With the exception of Nation RPs, mayhaps.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm

For Olthenia:
The Aftermath system
This system relies partly on a steady basis of number-crunching, something that isn’t put away for everyone. If you aren’t prepared to invest an average five or ten minutes in your post, calculating resources and soforth, don’t bother signing up. You have to be capable of managing this RP, so know your own limits.

Turn-based
Each posts counts as a turn, which means that you have to wait for your fellow participants to post before you can do the same. This is why everyone has to stay committed to this RP, because we aren’t going to have everyone else wait because one or two people can’t post. When you post, you can only describe what your people are going to do and add some description to it as well, just to make it enjoyable to read.

Each turn will be introduced by a post by (one of) the OP(s), detailing information about what happened to your people. WE determine how a scouting mission or anything else turns out.

In your post, you can RP with people in your nation, like a higher-in-command. For an example of a post, BE SURE TO CHECK THIS LINK.

Resources, buildings & units
You can compare this to a turn-based strategy game, because basically that’s what this is. Each turn your faction receives resources for any kind of resource category. These resources are what keep your faction running; allows you to build structures, recruit units and bargain with NPC’s. Each turn YOU will be required to crunch the numbers and calculate your income, subtract the expenditures for building/training, upkeep, etc. and determine the net income which you may then add to your existing resource pool. As mentioned before, see the example. I really want you to have viewed at least some.

Population
Maintaining a large population is impossible, as food and other resources have become far less common. Every day is a struggle for life, with disease and bandits everywhere to shorten a man’s life span, so more than four-hundred people in your faction will pose a challenge. Make sure your forces reflect this. Each unit consists of about five people, so having more than forty units would be stretching it quite a bit, considering a part (say 50%) would probably have to worry themselves with making sure your base/town’s infrastructure remains intact and soforth.

Plus it’s a nice idea to leave a few units back home for defensive purposes. Know that we will consider assaulting your base with a horde of NPC ghouls if we feel like it.

Tech levels
Let’s be honest here, no way can your forces be equipped with powerful, durable or experimental weaponry. You’ll be lucky enough to start off with a pistol, but fortunately the city is a treasure trove of modern weaponry. Laser and plasma weaponry is more rare, of course; that speaks for itself. Remember that you need more than guns to survive. Medicine and water are in dire need, and finding ways to purify that water would indubitably give you an advantage.

Mutations & Radiation
Fiction brings us an original understanding of the term. Enhanced strength, green skin and useful new limbs at places you’d never expect; you’d wonder why we don’t give every baby a healthy dose of it. Of course, we did; but sadly out children didn’t just grow an unusually big brain. If the world has been destroyed by a nuclear holocaust, you should ask yourself why the human population has suddenly plummeted without any excessive destruction in our cities. Radiation is lethal, with the exception of ghouls and mutants, so keep that in mind.

Note that all water supplies are contaminated as well, but as long as you keep a moderate supply of pure water your population should be able to survive by switching between both options.
http://static.environmentalgraffiti.com ... 425Q85.jpg

Page 2: RP specifics

Resources
The resources categories in this RP are as followed:
Materials
A general term for all kinds of junk-of-the-more-or-less-useful kind, materials are needed for building, making weapons, armor or other objects. It’s the most easy to find, considering that people have gotten much less picky of which kind of screw they’re using to keep that fence standing between them and a gang of mindless ghouls.
Fuel
The rarest resource around, fuel is used to keep generators running and – if you can spare it – allows you to move vehicles around the wasteland. Moving around in style is costly, and if you’re already complaining about gas prices you’re not going to be too happy.
Supplies
Food, clean water and medicine that keeps your population happy. Depending on your population, you’ll lose some supplies each turn. For our convenience, every 5 people in your faction demand an additional 5 supplies.

Example: If you have 100 people in your faction you’ll have to pay 100 supplies each turn, which means you earn 200 supplies every turn, taking into account your income.

Note: The low upkeep advantage that comes with a lower population also comes with the downside of a lower unit limit. In our example, 50% of your people means 50 of your population will be free to venture out or guard your home, resulting in a limit of 10 units.

Stuff you need to remember at all costs:
50% of your population is free to venture out or guard your home.
For each group of 5 people in your population, you need to pay 5 supplies in upkeep each turn.
When submitting your population, stay with a number dividiable by 5 (eg. 25, 65, 80)
 People that don’t won’t get admitted, because not reading this probably means you’re not going to make an effort of your posts either.

Faction-types
Raiders
Raiders are any group of wastelanders who pillage, plunder, murder, or otherwise ruin the day of anyone unfortunate enough to not be one of them. If there were still laws, they'd be outlaws. Raiders tend to organize into loose confederations of gangs in the post-apocalyptic wasteland and are a constant problem, because it's much easier for them to just shoot people for their money, food, and other valuables than to earn an honest living.

Raiders more than often partake in slavery, using them to make their own lives more comfortable than anyone else’s

Faction bonuses:

Tribals
Tribal refers to the name given to rural inhabitants by those still living in urban areas. They have shrugged off many modern ways of living, and returned to a simpler hunter-gatherer mentality. Tribals often look upon the traders and occupants of cities with disdain, viewing their way of life as "scavenging the dying corpse of the old world." Despite the fact that tribals are generally healthier and in better physical condition than their urban-dwelling countrymen, they are viewed with disdain and often hostility.

Tribals, compared to other factions, have more proficiency with makeshift weaponry, but still use technology for their own means.

Faction bonuses:

Remnants
Umbrella term for anyone trying to pick up the pieces of pre-war society and find their place in the wasteland. Their main difference with Tribals is that they remain dependent of the remnant of urban society and it’s structures. Whether a town of like-minded civilians, a government-sponsored scientific community or a military organization trying to restore order, all of them are remnants of the old-world.

Remnants are familiar with technology of the past, although they lack some of the know-how and advantage the other two factions possess.

Faction bonuses:

Buildings

Combat Buildings:
Training Field (1,000 Materials) (for Tribals: Fighting Pits)
Trains basic units
Barracks (2,500 Materials)
Trains advanced units

Armory (2,500 Materials; 1,000 Supplies)
Tier 1 Upgrades, All Warrior units gain +1 Combat
Arsenal [ADV] (2,000 Materials; 1,500 Supplies)
Tier 2 Upgrades, All Warrior units gain +1 Combat

Faction specific:
Kennels (750 Materials; 500 Supplies) [Tribals, Raiders]
Train Rabid Dogs automatically (+1 Defense)
Adds +1 Combat for Raiders
Fighting Pits (1,000 Materials) [Tribals]
Trains basic units
Trains Hunters
Adds +1 Combat
Garage [ADV]( 1,500 Material, 1,000 Fuel, 500 Supplies)
Allows you to repair and maintain vehicles found during your scavenging trips.
Note: Only the OP gets to determine whether you find a vehicle you can still use.

Defense Buildings:
(each level requires the previous to be unlocked, so you need Outpost before you can upgrade it into a Fort)
Outpost (1,000 Materials; 500 Supplies)
Defense +1
Fort (1,500 Materials; 100 Fuel; 600 Supplies)
Defense +2
Holdfast (2,100 Materials; 500 Fuel; 600 Supplies)
Defense +3
Stronghold [ADV](3,000 Materials; 1,000 Fuel; 1,200 Supplies)
Defense +4
Fortress [ADV](5,000 Materials; 2,000 Fuel; 2,000 Supplies)
Defense +5

Defense Auxiliaries:
(All Defense Auxiliaries are cumulative)
Debris Wall (500 Materials)
Defense +1
Corrugated Steel Wall (1000 Materials)
Defense +2
Guard Towers (1200 Materials)
Defense +1

Faction specific:
MG Guard Towers (500 Materials) [Remnants]
Upgrades Guard Towers; adds +1 Defense

Science Buildings:
Archives (5,200 Materials; 300 Fuel; 800 Supplies)
Ability to construct advanced buildings [ADV]
Laboratory [ADV] (6,000 Materials; 1,500 Fuel; 500 Supplies)
Requires “Research Center”
Energy Specialization unlocked.

Faction specific:
Slave Pens (1,500 Materials) [Raiders]
Construction times reduced
Trains Slavers

Additional Buildings:
Fuel Depot (1,500 Materials)
Earns +50 Fuel each turn
Water Treatment Plant [ADV] (1,500 Materials; 500 Fuel; 500 Supplies)
Steady Water supply: Daily Supplies cost -50%
Animal Ranch (Increases your storage cap by 2000) (2,000 Materials; 500 Supplies)
+100 Supplies income
Clinic [ADV] (2,200 Materials; 600 Fuel; 2,000 Supplies)
+Medical assistance

Faction specific:
Farm (2,000 Materials) [Tribals]
Earns +100 Supplies each turn
Bazaar (2,000 Supplies, 500 Materials) [Remnants]
Earns +200 Supplies each turn
Steel Mill [ADV] (5,000 Materials) [Raiders]
Earns +400 Materials each turn
Robotics Bay [ADV] (3,500 Materials; 2,000 Fuel; 2,000 Supplies) [Remnants]
Requires “Robco Archives”
Trains Robot unit
Special Structures (cannot be built, only found)
Robco Archives
Unlocks “Robotics Bay”
Library
Functions as Archives
Hospital
Functions as Clinic
Research Center
Unlocks “Energy Weapons”

Units
Energy Weapons: Once unlocked, you can choose to upgrade your units with energy weapons, replacing their current weapon kit with the laser/plasma weapon equivalent. This doesn’t work in some cases. The downside is that you’ll have to pay an upkeep of 5 fuel and 5 materials per unit, each turn, to keep all the parts working properly. The upgrade itself requires a one-time investment of 200 materials. Robotic units are automatically equipped with energy weapons and are incorporated in their upkeep.
Energy weapons upgrade bonus: +1 Combat
To indicate your unit as equipped with Energy Weapons, put [E] next to it.
Example: Assault [E]
Basic units
Scavenger (200 Supplies)
Movement: 1
Combat: 0
Scavenge: 2
Income: 50 Materials, 5 Fuel, 25 Supplies
------------------
Upgrade to Caravan (500 Supplies)
Combat: 1
Scavenge: 3
Income: 200 of one resource of choice

Hunter (250 Supplies) Requires “Fighting Pits”
Income: 50 Materials, 5 Fuel, 50 Supplies
----------------------------
Upgrade to Pathfinder (500 Supplies)
Movement: 2
Combat: 2
Scavenge: 4
Income: 50 Materials, 5 Fuel, 50 Supplies

Slaver (250 Supplies) Requires “Slave Pen”
Income: 75 Materials, 10 Fuel, 0 Supplies
----------------------------------
Upgrade to Slavemaster (500 Supplies)
Combat: 3
Income: 150 Materials, 50 Fuel

Militia (150 Supplies)
Scavenge: 1

Advanced units
Light Infantry (200 Supplies)
Combat: 2
----------------------
Upgrade to Mercenary (350 Supplies) (Tier 1)
Scavenge: 0
Upgrade to Sniper (450 Supplies) (Tier 2)
+ Sniper perk
- Does not combine with Energy Weapons

Heavy Infantry (300 Supplies)
------------------------
Upgrade to Assault (Tier 1)
Combat: 4
Upgrade to Pyro (Tier 2)
Combat: 4
+ Pyromaniac perk
- Upkeep: 5 Fuel

Protectron (500 Materials, Requires “Robotics Bay”)
- Upkeep: 30 Fuel
-------------------------
Upgrade to Sentry Bot
Combat: 5
+ Rocket Launcher
- Upkeep: 80 Fuel

Wasteland Perks
- Upgrade Kits
One of the purchasable upgraded, for free.

- Power-Armored Boyscouts
Your men have discovered a cache of pre-war Power armor suits. You can give this armor to 2 of your units, yielding them a bonus in battle. Too bad Super Mutants can't fit in them, but they'll function as scrap metal as well!

Allows you to upgrade two units, adding the prefix Power-Armored (Human, Ghoul)
(example: Power-Armored Assault unit)

- Eye CU
A stray eyebot crossed your path, and your unit managed to seize it. It’s almost out of juice and pretty battered, so it’ll only go a short distance, but it might give you some intel before it shorts out.

Allows you to scout an adjacent area

- FEV Fanatic
It seems like somebody misplaced his barrel of FEV! Any mutant faction will be able to recruit 3 units with no additional costs, as long as they manage to capture a few living specimens. Ghouls will remain unaffected and humans, well, let's just say one of your units isn't coming home for dinner.

+3 Militia Units (Mutants), -1 Unit (Humans)

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Firstaria wrote:Also, Factbooks.

I have factbooks for some character archetypes I made.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse