NATION

PASSWORD

After-World: A Post-Nuclear Nation Simulator (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Silician
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silician » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Terra Secondus wrote:Silician, is the thing that is supposed to get the RP "really started" really and incurable disease? I personally do not see how that would cause competition or cooperation between the players unless you intend to flesh out the concept more. Also, please tell me this is not a zombie disease, or something equally impossible.

Also, I am curious as to the epidemiology of this mysterious disease. As very few of the nations here have face to face contact with one another, what is the transmission vector? Also what is the onset, duration and mortality rate of the disease?

No, after some thinking, I figured that my original idea would not work. This is not the big idea I had. I'm going to need some more time to think of something new. I'm sorry about the delay. The disease is a virus spread by the cold environment and is spread from person to person. On average, the virus stays in the system for about two weeks, but for the weak and elderly about a month. Mortality rate is 1% overall for the continent, but higher for colder regions.
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/162897_eng.jpg
Catholic; Center-Left; Pacifist; Socially Liberal; A Musician; A Scholar; A Writer; An Actor; An Athlete; A Comedian.

Choice; Gay Rights; Drug Legalization; Mixed Economy; Free Trade; Democracy; Free Religion; Separation of Church and State; Free Speech.

Hate.

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Time to settle down, enjoy some canned food in a government research and development bunker in the middle of nowhere, with sealed doors not getting the disease. No, but seriously, if that happens, INCREASE MORTALITY. I want a pandemic to sweep through Black Mesa.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Silician
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Silician » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Time to settle down, enjoy some canned food in a government research and development bunker in the middle of nowhere, with sealed doors not getting the disease. No, but seriously, if that happens, INCREASE MORTALITY. I want a pandemic to sweep through Black Mesa.

Sure, if you want you can kill off more of your population. I won't stop you.
Catholic; Center-Left; Pacifist; Socially Liberal; A Musician; A Scholar; A Writer; An Actor; An Athlete; A Comedian.

Choice; Gay Rights; Drug Legalization; Mixed Economy; Free Trade; Democracy; Free Religion; Separation of Church and State; Free Speech.

Hate.

Silician
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Silician » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:25 pm

I posted to the IC, lets get this party started! :lol:
Last edited by Silician on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hate.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Silician wrote:
Terra Secondus wrote:Silician, is the thing that is supposed to get the RP "really started" really and incurable disease? I personally do not see how that would cause competition or cooperation between the players unless you intend to flesh out the concept more. Also, please tell me this is not a zombie disease, or something equally impossible.

Also, I am curious as to the epidemiology of this mysterious disease. As very few of the nations here have face to face contact with one another, what is the transmission vector? Also what is the onset, duration and mortality rate of the disease?

No, after some thinking, I figured that my original idea would not work. This is not the big idea I had. I'm going to need some more time to think of something new. I'm sorry about the delay. The disease is a virus spread by the cold environment and is spread from person to person. On average, the virus stays in the system for about two weeks, but for the weak and elderly about a month. Mortality rate is 1% overall for the continent, but higher for colder regions.

The area I live in is both cold and hot depending on the season, the winters are bitterly cold and snowy, while the summers are hot and quite dry. So depending on the season this will effect me real badly or virtually un at all.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Silician
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Silician » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Well, it's winter time now.

Hate.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 am

Name of Government: New Texas Coalition
Territory: I'd like the territory to start at Texas, stretch West bordering the gulf, and end near San Antonio.

Government History (origins, rise to power etc.):
The New Texas Coalition is, well, new, having only originated around 30 years ago. At about 2351, descendants of citizens of Houston began to emerge from a vault... er, I mean bunker, and colonized the outskirts of Houston (the center was far too radiated for colonization). For 45 years, these survivors lived in a state of relative peace. Then, in 2396, a group of explorers from New Houston traveled to San Antonio, connecting with the citizens of New Houston via courier (the radiation would've caused electronic communication to be very faulty). They found that San Antonio was in a pretty well-off state compared to New Houston, and the radiation wasn't nearly as bad. Unfortunately, San Antonio had been colonized by vicious warmongers, and the adventurers were killed. Over the next few months, New Houston-ians (or whatever you'd like to call them) elected a leader to communicate with the San Antonio people. The elected leader was called John Hawk, a diplomatic man. After a couple of failed attempts at diplomacy, and having a couple of attempts on his life, he managed to ally the citizens of San Antonio. John Hawk claimed power, and created a government, which he called the Council of New Texas, although the territory itself, which stretched from New Houston to San Antonio, was called the Coalition of New Texas. He started an operation to remove the radiation from New Houston, which he called "Operation Colonization". It was a success, although it took 7 years and killed over 100 people. The Cabinet of New Texas ruled the Coalition from the dead center of the city. They have become expansionist, and seek to gain more territory, hopefully controlling all of Texas in the future. They have set up a few more settlements between New Houston and San Antonio, and every one in ten people are drafted into the New Texas military.

Description: The Coalition seeks to recolonize Texas, so that humanity has a remnant of previous civilization. They are a bit authoritarian, but ultimately seek the greater good.

Population Levels (within reason): Somewhere between 3000-4000 people (whatever works)
Technological Levels/Advancments: MT
Notable Traits (Economic, Military etc.): Pretty militaristic, with one and ten people drafted into the Military.
Leader of Country: John Hawk
National Capital: New Houston
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Brabrantium
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Brabrantium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Name of Government: Independent state of Pennsylvania
Territory: Pennsylvania
Government History (origins, rise to power etc.): started as a strong underground industrial under Pittsburgh but then came out and claim territory to make the world rich again
Description: a rich nation and a bit easy to control in the begginning
Population Levels (within reason): 1.2 million, Paradise causes this and strong and safe territories
Technological Levels/Advancments:
(Europa Universalis 3 version)
Government: 30
Production: 43
Trade: 26
Land: 35
Naval: 23
Notable Traits (Economic, Military etc.): WWII weaponry, early tank, Early Marines
Leader of Country: Brandon Tran XVIII
National Capital: Underground sector of Pittsburgh, basically Pittsburgh
Last edited by Brabrantium on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YT Channel
Played as: Indo-China, Bradovlayd, Vietnam, and Celtland
RP Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239488
Zeraxia Colony, Plorasis Colony, Brabriine Island Colony, Darnyl Islands, (CO-owned) Bradovlayd Citystate
Wars: Senkaku vs. AUA= Won
Treko Agression= Unresolved
Zeraxia Agression= Unknown

The Ancient World
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 16, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Ancient World » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am

Brabrantium wrote:Name of Government: Independent state of Pennsylvania
Territory: Pennsylvania
Government History (origins, rise to power etc.): started as a strong underground industrial under Pittsburgh but then came out and claim territory to make the world rich again
Description: a rich nation and a bit easy to control in the begginning
Population Levels (within reason): 1.2 million, Paradise causes this and strong and safe territories
Technological Levels/Advancments:
(Europa Universalis 3 version)
Government: 30
Production: 43
Trade: 26
Land: 35
Naval: 23
Notable Traits (Economic, Military etc.): WWII weaponry, early tank, Early Marines
Leader of Country: Brandon Tran XVIII
National Capital: Underground sector of Pittsburgh, basically Pittsburgh

The RP has been over for months.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-George Santayana
Current RP: This Day In Icarus
Join Icarus today!
The Best RP Ever.

VALENWORLD
Secretary

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Wrong

Postby VALENWORLD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

the rp is not over. there are still people waiting for things to happen and some people that want to join. just because some people don't check it anymore doesn't mean that rp is over.

The Ancient World
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Ancient World » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

VALENWORLD wrote:the rp is not over. there are still people waiting for things to happen and some people that want to join. just because some people don't check it anymore doesn't mean that rp is over.

No one has posted on the IC in at least a month. IT'S OVER.
-George Santayana
Join Icarus today!
The Best RP Ever.

VALENWORLD
Secretary

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby VALENWORLD » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am

actually you posted on the IC a mere 26 days ago.

The Ancient World
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Ancient World » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm

VALENWORLD wrote:actually you posted on the IC a mere 26 days ago.
Fine, try to continue it yourself. Good luck.
Last edited by The Ancient World on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-George Santayana
Join Icarus today!
The Best RP Ever.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Application

Name of Government: The Ursan States
Territory: Alaska
Government History (origins, rise to power etc.):
Description: Thousands of Hunter/ Farmers, Right-wing, gun rights enthusiasts, persecute mutants, elected dictator leader
Population Levels (within reason): 20,000
Technological Levels/Advancments: guns are relics, homemade bullets, Iron Age weapons, cannot build new guns, hand cannons maybe
Notable Traits (Economic, Military etc.): Militaristic hunting of mutants
Leader of Country: Barnard Goones
National Capital: Macx(present day Juneau)
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse