NATION

PASSWORD

World of Westeros RP v.2 (OOC/Sign-up: Open/PT)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

San Monteriano
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Len Hyet wrote:Um San?

I can haz reply?

Writing one up now Spetz'! Sorry, been busy with trying to revive my region, it seems to be suffering from a case of 'Letsallgoinactive'-itis. :p
Monarch: Caterina I, HRDM
Prime Minister: Cristina S'Forza (PD)
Capital: San Monteriano (city)
National Language: Italian; English
Demonym: San Monteriani/Monterianese
RP Population: 62.5 million
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:
Tunasai wrote:Why would he make this up though?

Can I interest you in these magic beans I'm selling?

Ceannairceach wrote:If I were optimistic, I'd never be pleasantly surprised.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Tagmatium wrote:Yes - anything else is wishful thinking or wilful ignorance.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

"RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!" - Galbart Glover

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm

San Monteriano wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Um San?

I can haz reply?

Writing one up now Spetz'! Sorry, been busy with trying to revive my region, it seems to be suffering from a case of 'Letsallgoinactive'-itis. :p

I know what you mean. My glorious old Communist Region, dead.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Estruia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Southern Patriots wrote:Volantis is an interesting choice. It's going through a dark age compared to the other Free Cities, and is bound by a treaty with Braavos. Maybe a strong series of Triarchs can change that.

T'is my hope. I always enjoyed the fact that it is the Oldest of the Free Cities, and the most like Old Valyria.

It allows me to stay part of the story, without having to worry about staying consistently active. Ya know?

Edit: I was split between Volantis, and Lys. I love Lys, and it is one of my favorite Free Cities, but Volantis... It's the purest blood of Old Valyria. How could I turn that down?
Last edited by Estruia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31/Genderfluid/ENFP Currently living in the US (Michigan).

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Neutral: Gun Rights, British Labour Party, British Tories, Masculism

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Delanshar
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Estruia wrote:Unfortunately, I have job training coming up as well. As such, I must hand over control of House Lannister to the control of Delanshar, since we basically were the same House. I will not be leaving, but I will be controlling a different power, one where I do not have to be as active.

NS Nation Name: Estruia
RP Faction: The Free City of Volantis
Lands controlled: Volantis, and the lands all the way up to the Sorrows.
Faction Leader: The Triarchs, Malaquo (Tiger), Nyessos (Elephant), Doniphos (Elephant)
Faction Heir: None, the Triarchs are elected.
Population: 800,000 + (It is the largest of the Free Cities, and dwarfs King's Landing)
Military Size (plus location): 70,000+ (Volantis IS the largest of the Free Cities. It stands to reason they would have a large army, especially with the Dothraki so close)
Vassal of (put none, or king if great house): None
RP Sample: You know me!

Accepted. Volantis has always been the Free City I respect the most (tho I also despise them for their treatment of slaves)
Should be interesting to see how they play. Also don't forget, they have a formidable fleet.
Map: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8805/delansharinlucerna14.jpg
Factbook: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/wiki/Delanshar
USA, Israel, Nationalism, Self-Determination, Gay Rights
The EU, Anarchism, Globalism, Primitivism

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Delanshar wrote:
Estruia wrote:Unfortunately, I have job training coming up as well. As such, I must hand over control of House Lannister to the control of Delanshar, since we basically were the same House. I will not be leaving, but I will be controlling a different power, one where I do not have to be as active.

NS Nation Name: Estruia
RP Faction: The Free City of Volantis
Lands controlled: Volantis, and the lands all the way up to the Sorrows.
Faction Leader: The Triarchs, Malaquo (Tiger), Nyessos (Elephant), Doniphos (Elephant)
Faction Heir: None, the Triarchs are elected.
Population: 800,000 + (It is the largest of the Free Cities, and dwarfs King's Landing)
Military Size (plus location): 70,000+ (Volantis IS the largest of the Free Cities. It stands to reason they would have a large army, especially with the Dothraki so close)
Vassal of (put none, or king if great house): None
RP Sample: You know me!

Accepted. Volantis has always been the Free City I respect the most (tho I also despise them for their treatment of slaves)
Should be interesting to see how they play. Also don't forget, they have a formidable fleet.

Thank you for reminding me! I totally forgot.

What does everyone think would be a good number for Volantis? There have never been any indications, so it'll have to be a made-up number. Keep in mind, the Harbor of Volantis was so large it could swallow up Braavos itself.

Also, everyone, Y U NO CHAT?
Last edited by Estruia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Considering they've been led by Elephants instead of Tigers for centuries, and that the Iron Fleet of 100 ships supposedly has a chance against them, I'd wager their standing army is much smaller (20,000 at most) and their navy is not as grand as it once was (say 100 ships, including large dromonds).

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Southern Patriots wrote:Considering they've been led by Elephants instead of Tigers for centuries, and that the Iron Fleet of 100 ships supposedly has a chance against them, I'd wager their standing army is much smaller (20,000 at most) and their navy is not as grand as it once was (say 100 ships, including large dromonds).

IIRC, their navy is 300-strong, with many of their ships being dromonds. As for their army, my figure was their total, not what they have on hand. With so many slaves, they can easily conscript them into the army if need be.

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Estruia wrote:
Southern Patriots wrote:Considering they've been led by Elephants instead of Tigers for centuries, and that the Iron Fleet of 100 ships supposedly has a chance against them, I'd wager their standing army is much smaller (20,000 at most) and their navy is not as grand as it once was (say 100 ships, including large dromonds).

IIRC, their navy is 300-strong, with many of their ships being dromonds. As for their army, my figure was their total, not what they have on hand. With so many slaves, they can easily conscript them into the army if need be.

yea From what I remember from DWD, the Volantene army is almost completely made up of Slave soldiers... Tho I could be wrong.

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Delanshar wrote:
Estruia wrote:

yea From what I remember from DWD, the Volantene army is almost completely made up of Slave soldiers... Tho I could be wrong.

No, you're right. Like the Slaver Cities, Volantis uses a Slave Army.

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Estruia wrote:

Yeah I know, I said all that in the chat. :p

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Southern Patriots wrote:
Estruia wrote:

Yeah I know, I said all that in the chat. :p

I know, I was basically relaying the information to here, so that other people didn't jump in thinking the conversation was still open-ended :P

Kronstadtia
Envoy

Founded: May 12, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kronstadtia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 am

Not purely slave army, aren't the Free Cities famous for so strongly relying on mercenaries? The Tiger Cloaks that form the city guard are all slaves though.
Last edited by Kronstadtia on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 am

Kronstadtia wrote:Not purely slave army, aren't the Free Cities famous for so strongly relying on mercenaries? The Tiger Cloaks that form the city guard are all slaves though.

I'm sure that mercenaries are used during times of war, but during peace, the vast majority of soldiers are in fact slaves.

Machtergreifung
Senator

Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Machtergreifung » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 am

Southern Patriots wrote:Alright. I would suggest halting acceptance of minor houses until major ones are filled.
Redwyne, Hightower, and Tarly, I expect us to do beautiful things together.

Seize the iron throne!

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 am

Kronstadtia wrote:Not purely slave army, aren't the Free Cities famous for so strongly relying on mercenaries? The Tiger Cloaks that form the city guard are all slaves though.

It depends on the Free City.
Slavery is abolished in Braavos and Pentos,
Norvos I'm not sure
Qohor relies on Unsullied from Astapor,
Myr, Tyrosh and Lys I think are a mixture
Volantis is mostly slaves, Tho they may hire free companies when on campaign.

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:53 am

Delanshar wrote:

Norvos I'm not sure

Could I swap House Rowan for a Free City. Since Estruia has moved I believe there is much untapped potential across the Narrow Sea as well as in Westeros, especially with the Targaryens and all. All I would need is your permission and I could make an app' right away. ;)
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm

San Monteriano wrote:
Delanshar wrote:
Norvos I'm not sure

Could I swap House Rowan for a Free City. Since Estruia has moved I believe there is much untapped potential across the Narrow Sea as well as in Westeros, especially with the Targaryens and all. All I would need is your permission and I could make an app' right away. ;)

DO IT. PLAY AS LYS! BE MY FWEND!

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

San Monteriano wrote:
Delanshar wrote:
Norvos I'm not sure

Sure thing lol.

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Excellent! Should I forge a New Ghiscari Empire, establish a slave dynasty in Slaver's Bay or stage the uprising of the whore-queen of Lys? The potential! :p
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:43 pm

San Monteriano wrote:Excellent! Should I forge a New Ghiscari Empire, establish a slave dynasty in Slaver's Bay or stage the uprising of the whore-queen of Lys? The potential! :p

Personally, I think you should establish a Slave dynasty in one of the Slaver cities, or forge a New Ghiscari Empire.

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Also, I think we should open the RP up again, and accept people. We need new blood, or else this RP is going to stall.

Machtergreifung
Senator

Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Machtergreifung » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Estruia wrote:Also, I think we should open the RP up again, and accept people. We need new blood, or else this RP is going to stall.

Seconded. However, keep it limited to a few select houses. Preferably those with ambitions, or characters with a powerbase. Littlefinger, Varys, Targs ect

Kronstadtia
Envoy

Founded: May 12, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kronstadtia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Damn Mallisters and their GORILLA tactics! :p
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 am

I suspect they will be contacting me momentarily so that I can behind sending them shipments of gorillas, and other exotic beasts with which they can use as offensive weaponry.

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 am

I always used to spell guerrilla wrong before I was corrected. ;)
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse