NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
AETEN II wrote:

What do you want me to do with it? It's not done so I'm not wasting time reading it.

Oh, it is done. Forgot to remove the finishing note.

:/
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Esternial wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
What's wrong?

I didn't even get to see Allan die. Shite.

Anyone got a sitrep?

When did you last stop reading?
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Esternial wrote:
What's wrong?

Anyone got a sitrep?

I'm going slower next arc. This was just for me to figure out how Elfen High works again.

Recap.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Esternial wrote:
What's wrong?

Anyone got a sitrep?

Allan died. James, Laz, and Damien teamed-up to kill Loki. Crowley dropped a nuke on Gabriel (who was turned into a monster) and everyone got pissed at him for not doing that in the first place. He then fell into a sadness-stupor, which Minh and Lewis broke him out of. Lewis quit because Crowley's a dick, amongst other reasons, and James left because Crowley's a dick. And then, epilogues.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Esternial wrote:I didn't even get to see Allan die. Shite.

Anyone got a sitrep?

I'm going slower next arc. This was just for me to figure out how Elfen High works again.

Recap.

Good, because I'm not going to be on nearly as frequently once school starts. I need to get used to the college life, which comes first.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:Just to say, Aeten asked me to join as a student.

Name: Maria Lucinda

Age (Actual): 15 years old

Age (Appears): 14 years old

Race: Human

Appearance (Picture or good description): A small mousy Italian-American girl with a boyish figure and long blonde hair that usually is braided over her left ear. She has a noticeably deep scars on her face, one right across the nose and her hands are riddled with scars from the first time her full strength was witnessed.

Powergrid/Powers: 16+3(From the magic.. :unsure: )
INT: 2
STR: 6
SPD: (2)3
DUR: (3)4
FS: (3)4
Magic:
Disintegration touch: Level 5
Maria can agitate the molecules inside of nonliving things(Walls I.E.) to destroy their molecular bonds and weaken them. In theory she could use it against living targets, however Maria has never been witnessed showing any inclinations towards such actions.
Against living targets the disintegration touch's power is weakened to the point where the most it can do is cause soreness in the muscles and very minor injuries.
To be used Maria must concentrate on what specifically she wants weakened, how much the target will be weakened and many other factors.

Weaknesses: She often has a hard time restraining her monstrous strength. While not completely gone, the injury on Maria's nose has left her with a very poor sense of smell.

Personality: The strongest aspect of Maria's personality is her kind and forgiving perspective on life. It takes a lot to make Maria hold a grudge. Maria is not especially brave or strong willed either however that does not mean she won't fight if necessary.

History:
Maria Lucinda was born in a small town near Brescia, her parents loved her very much. But there time together was short lived as her parents where killed in a traffic accident not a year later. After that, Maria began to be shuffled around her family no one wanting to take her in for an extended period of time. Maria never understood why she could only see her beloved family for short periods of time, and in those short amounts of times she was treated poorly, usually locked in a room at night or not allowed to eat with her relatives. But still, Maria put up with it again and again, simply smiling away the pain as it slowly began to crush her gentle heart. After seven whole years of this Maria finally snapped, blacking out in what the few survivors of the disaster still to this day do not speak about, save for the fact that an eight year old girl nearly leveled half of a city block bear handed over the course of 30 minutes. The first responders simply didn't know what to do about the small blonde girl covered in cuts and wounds sitting on a pile of rubble and sobbing apologies into her horribly ripped and torn hands. There simply wasn't any protocol for this. After the incident she was shuffled around from injury rehabilitation centers, depression counciling offices, government run orphanage to nearly everywhere else imaginable before on her fifteenth birthday that she would be attending Elfen high as a reward for good behavior. Maria was rather excited for her first chance to go to school, hoping that begin able to make actual friends will help her forget the past and move on to the future.

RP Sample: The Strike Witch chronicles.

Seems good.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 pm

AETEN II wrote:
For the next arc.

Name: Wilhelm Neurath
Age (Actual): 17
Age (Appears): Whatever he feels like
Appearance: Whatever he feels like. Enjoys copying the appearance of one with authority or simply taking on a frightening form. Has forgotten what his original appearance was.

Powergrid: 17

Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Intelligence: 3
Durability: 5
Fighting Skills: 3

Magic: 7

Shapeshifting Lvl. 7- he can rearrange his atoms into any form he wishes, able to become a block of steel and maintain his living conscious mind. He can turn into anything and everything- so long as he maintains the same level of mass.

Weaknesses: Rapid changes exhaust him, form example, if he were to shift into something new each half second, it'd be like running a marathon.
Personality: Devious is the best description of him, as he knows that he can get away with virtually anything due to being a shapeshifter. He can walk in a store in one form and walk out with as another carrying whatever he wishes. He can never be caught. He could, and has murdered people, and easily gotten away with it. Nobody knows what he looks like, because he can look like everyone. Due to this lack of stability in his life and ease of escaping the wrath of the law, Wilhelm, or Will, has fallen into a state of sociopathy. The only thing that truly prevents one from committing a crime is the punishment, and when there is no punishment one can sew chaos and not suffer any ill effect on his being. The only thing that has prevented him from becoming a primitive monster incapable of socializing is his hatred of isolation. However, due to having difficulties mingling with the normal human race, Wilhelm was forced to look elsewhere for comrades. It should be noted that Wilhelm is also an extreme 'foodie' as he always wants to assimilate more mass so he can take on larger forms. So do not be surprised when he turns into a starfish or a python and attempts to eat an entire deer.
History: Wilhelm discovered his rather unnatural powers at the young-ish age of around twelve, which was also the age when he ditched his education in Munich and decided to use the powers to do whatever he wanted. He already knew how to speak English fairly fluently and knew some French, allowing him to rampant on the face of Europe. Due to his rather handy powers, news of him rarely spread as any crime he committed to be its own, and the variety of forms he committed them in expanded as he aged. When he was younger, Saint Nicholas, or more cartoon-like creatures used to rob stores for food- with age came monsters, horrible in design, even the Lovecraft Outer Gods. Along with age came murder, and he started to look down upon normal humans as weak, disgusting creatures that he loathed due to their weakness. He became a predator, hunting those he deemed to be inferior and slaughtering them (It certainly didn't help he was in France when this started to happen 8P). Dark creatures stalked Paris in the night, snatching people at night and dragging them into an alley. He especially didn't have to worry about genetic testing either, as he was learning how to completely manipulate his atoms to change his DNA after the murders and robberies. But then- he heard about Elfen High, and it was then that he made the trip to England. He arrives expecting kinsmen in mind, but will likely find that those like him are few in number even there.

Done.

Finished it, and edited the intelligence down to give his fighting ability a boost.

Icanhazbonusforrecruitinghet?
Last edited by AETEN II on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 pm

The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Agritum wrote:
Name:Hildegard Von Wulfbern
Age (Actual):3
Age (Appears):18
Race:Artificial Human (Homunculus)
Appearance (Picture or good description):
http://imgur.com/UMQHW.jpg now she is a red eyed albino. And she's pissed about it.

Powergrid/Powers: INT 3
STR 2
SPD 4
DUR 6
FIG 4 (Knife Fighting)

Level 3 Regeneration
Level 3 Magical Shield Generation
Level 2 Healing (for others, of course)

Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): Hilde is chronically incapable of learning to use offensive magic. This doesn't stoo her to resort to more physical methods...
Personality:Hilde is...cheerful. Oddly cheerful. Unsettingly cheerful. She is quite childish, most likely due to her raise to adulthood in less than a year (she can stop her aging, though), and doesn't quite like her defensive and support based powers.

However, she enjoys seeing people being harmed. In the most violent ways, often. She justified it by saying that injured people give her a purpose to live.
Due to her noble heritage (which isn't real, anyways. Her father bought the Barony with alchemically forged money), Hilde pretends to be respectd by everyone, and covertly thinks of herself as superior to them.

Her goal in Elfen High is to be the very best to become a mage, just like her father is. Well, but with less castles full of deformed creations of alchemy.
History:Hilde was created in Some Castle In Bavaria by her father, which was totally not an alchemist. Hilde had been the first success in a long series of failed experiments in creating homunculuses, which resulted in the creation of her "big sisters", which were really a bunch of deformed abominations and red-eyed albinos.

Anyways, her father was disappointed to discover that the girl, even if possessing an absurd magical level, wasn't capable of using offensive magic. After discovering this, he kicked her sent her to Elfen High, hoping that loony folks up there would have been capable of triggering her offensive capabilities

After two years of failed attempts at learning offensive magic, Hilde gave up on it and decided to take a knife fighting course. She has since become a master of it, and thanks to a strange boost to her normal speed, she has managed to create her own, fast paced battle style.
However, as she aged, her body brought on a strange change: she became a red eyed albino, like some of the failed experiments of her father. Easy to say, she was pissed off by it.
RP Sample:I RPed with you in APS. Also, I once made you laugh.

Hettie! :hug:

Approved.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Hold on boychik, I have a lot of stuff to approve and your other character wasn't on that list Olthar made.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Hold on boychik, I have a lot of stuff to approve and your other character wasn't on that list Olthar made.

The list is, so far, only returning characters from Arc 1.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Frigola wrote:
Open or not, I'm applying :p

(and before the claims of her "preferences" compared to the other females in the world come in: she's basically 12 ;) )

Name: Izera
Age (Actual): 44 years old
Age (Appears): 12
Race: part demigod (descendent of Atalanta), part sorceress (descendent of Morgana Le Fay)
Appearance (Picture or good description):
Powergrid/Powers:
Intelligence: 7
Strength: 2
Speed: 4
Durability: 3
Magic Levels: 8
Fighting Skills: 3

level 4 shapeshifting
level 2 healing
level 2 knowledge replication

Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): schizophrenia, acrophobia and agoraphobia
Personality: very timid and withdrawn, her terrible past is echoed in her dark red eyes. She avoids contact with large groups of people and is weary of everyone. Extremely intelligent, she is still discovering her magical talent.
History: once a great adventurer, botanist and zoologist as well as the daughter of a rich London business man, she had travelled all over the world and spent several years in various universities in a number of teaching positions. Then, shortly before the world became aware of the supernatural presence in the world, she was attacked by a band of thugs in a Colombian town one night. Robbed, tortured, beaten and unconscious, she lay there for several hours before a old woman found her and brought her inside to attend to her injuries. The nearest hospital was several hundred kilometres away and the good samaritan had no car. When Izera woke up, two weeks later, she had changed considerably. In all ways, she had regressed by 30 years and she had lost a great deal of her memory. The wise old woman caring for her told her some of what she knew about her (they had met earlier in the week) and that she was special and obviously had a greater purpose in life than studying animals and plants. She said that there were rumours of strange creatures appearing in various parts of the world and spoke of an old story about magicians. The woman went on to explain how maybe Izera was one of these magicians, because they never grew old and displayed supernatural powers. Apparently, Izera had been very restless during her coma and had healed much more rapidly than normal people.
Though her body had healed from the terrible incident, her mind was still broken. She flinched if the woman approached and refused to speak if other people were present, often tucking her knees under her chin and staring at the ground with a scared expression. While very young emotionally and physically, her mental capacities had not regressed, but instead she felt as if she had unlocked a whole new part of her brain. As she was suffering from partial amnesia, she had to learn a lot of information anew and she picked up what she learnt extremely rapidly and understood the most difficult concepts instantly. Fortunately, there was an internet connection in the town and a good library in the nearest city. With her heightened intelligence, came a better memory as well.
After four months with the old woman, she declared that she wanted to go to a school in the UK especially for people like her. She had been attempting to practice her magical skills, but to little avail, she did not really know how to begin. So it was, after a teary goodbye, Izera bid farewell to her caretaker and left for England to attend the school she had discovered whilst exploring the web for information on magic.
RP Sample:
Downtown Paris

Nathaniel slowly opened the hatch and squinted in the bright morning daylight that shone through the cracks in the boards covering his windows. It had been eighteen weeks since he had closed the hatch and locked himself in his shelter/bunker. Eighteen weeks since he had seen the signs and decided that the time had finally come: the pharmaceutical corporations had managed to create a virus that would actually succeed in its intended goal. The previous attempts, commonly know as SARS, H1N1 and H5N1 had all failed to become truely pandemic. But this time, they had succeeded: by the time the news agencies heard of the outbreak in Albany, New York, 200 people had died and nearly 4000 others were ill. Shortly after, there came reports of the disease spreading to New York City. When the death toll reached 2000 in New York State alone (after 4 days), people in the US started to worry: fights erupted over basic goods, so-called prophets of doom were at every street corner heralding the end of time and such nonsense, government officials told people to stay calm, not worry and remain at home when possible and there were rumors of conspiracies and the like. From the offset, Nathaniel had known that the outbreak had been part of a bigger picture. When the disease started to spread out of New York state, Nathaniel added the final touches to his shelter and locked and boarded up his house before moving into the shelter and locking that too. He was able to keep up to date on the progression of the disease, at least at first, via radio and internet.

In the first month, the disease had spread to the rest of the USA, Canada, Mexico, Britain, France, Spain, New Zealand, Israel, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Ireland. Appearing to be simply deadlier than any other disease, except maybe the plague, it was not until the fifth week since the outbreak was first reported that something truely worrisome happened: the disease strain mutated to form a new disease that reporters named a "cross between the flu and rabies". The flu (H5N1, or avian flu) mutated to become fully zoonotic (meaning that humans could infect other humans; as opposed to requiring contact with birds) and also presented symptoms of rabies. So instead of spreading just slightly more rapidly than usual, the new flu strain spread at a terrifying pace. Two months after the outbreak, 1 billion people were reported to have been infected by the disease, the death toll was at least 100 million and the breakdown of order in certain parts of the world had been reported. Three months and the death toll had risen to 800 million, though about a third of this was due to rioting and murder (the latter caused by the rabies-like symptoms). Four and a half months and Nathaniel lost contact with the outside world as society collapsed in most of the world. The last report had said that 1.5 billion people were dead, a further 500 million were dying and another 2 billion were infected. Widespread violence had escalated to levels higher than any before. There was also research that showed that it was likely that when the agressive symptoms were shown, the disease was no longer transmissible through the air and only through bodily contact and contact with infected fluids.

Nathaniel was taking no risks when he finally decided to come out of his shelter: he pulled on a hazmat suit and picke up a shotgun from its rack. He pulled himself further out of the shelter and closed and locked the hatch. He stood up and went over to the door, unlocking and unbolting it before cautiously opening it and stepping outside. He stared around him and his mouth dropped open: dead bodies lay everywhere, not a single living being was visible. Carrion birds also littered the ground, along with other fowl. The damage to the city was minimal, though some areas were badly burnt and several buildings had collapsed. As Nathaniel walked into the middle of the street, he happened to glance down at one of the bodies and was revolted to see bite marks on its neck and blood covering the corpse. It seemed as if few people had died due to the direct effects of the illness. Several riot police with mangled faces were clumped together near a burnt out police van. Nathaniel decided very quickly that he needed to get out of town as quickly as possible and he would go to the countryside where he hoped that conditions would be better. But first he was going to find a lorry and collect provisions and equipment. As far as he knew, he was one of the only people to have survived the disease. But that would not stop him, he would still search for more survivors whenever possible.

Nathaniel turned the key and smiled when the engine roared to life. He pressed carefully down on the accelerator and the articulated lorry moved forward away from the docking space with a screeching noise as the lorry scraped against the car that had stopped nearly directly in front of the lorry. Nathaniel winced and turned the wheel slightly so that the car was pushed aside and the lorry was able to move more quickly. Nathaniel had filled up the lorry with long-lasting food (cans, jars, dried food) and bottles of water. His next stop was a nearby outdoors shop where he would get MRE-like food and camping equipment along with a map of the area. For some curious reason, he picked up two other shotguns with ammunition as well as two hunting knives (with sheaths) and a professional bow with arrows (though the reason was mystery too). When he loaded everything in the lorry, he sat in the cabin and looked at the map searching for the nearest castle or defensible position. He decided to head for the Fortresse du Mont-Valérien where he hoped to find a working (or formerly working, he corrected himself) military base. Its name implied at least some defensibility and so Nathaniel put the map on the seat next to him and started up the lorry again. Before pulling out he thought a moment about what else he needed. He smiled as he remembered that book he had once read about suriving if ever a zombie apocalypse happened. Nathaniel guessed that this disease was close enough. He suddenly thought about some advice in the book concerning defenses and turned the lorry down another street. He was headed for a hardware shop for tools, metal and concrete in the likely event that the fort was not defensible.

The truck was now just about full, Nathaniel had, in about an hour, added packets of seed for growing food, wood, quick-mix concrete, a roll of steel cable, the most powerful drill in the shop, a welding torch, a miscellany of other tools and smaller parts. He had used a forklift to transport more wood and equipment to the loading bay for when he returned. He also made a mental note to find a good-sized 4x4 that he would transform into a homemade tank. Before finally going to the fort, he passed by his house and picked up his copy of the book on surviving a zombie attack to make sure he did not forget anything. Finally, he was on his way to his new home; just as he began to doubt that there were any "zombies" (infected people) he saw a group of about 4 zombies sitting on the edge of a wall. Only by what they were doing (gnawing on some bones) did he know that they were infected. Though a zombie he saw later walking down the middle of the street (before he was squashed by the lorry Nathaniel was driving) was obviously a vampire: he was missing an arm and his face was mangled beyond recognition. As far as he knew, there were not many zombies anymore due to the many disease related deaths and the people consumed by infected people.

It was around midday by the time he arrived at his new home. When saw the gates from a distance, he shook his head and accelerated, his lorry easily breaking through the rusted chainlink gate. He picked up his shotgun and jumped down from the cabin. Keeping an eye for any infected people, he walked around to the back of the lorry where strapped the two other shotguns to his back after loading them. He also strapped a knife in its sheath to his belt. He closed the doors and headed for the main building of the fortress. He was unsurprised to find the fort empty of zombies, though he was surprised to discover that it was completely empty. He had expected to see soldiers who had died of the disease. When he returned to the lorry, he unloaded the welding torch and some metal of various shapes. There being two gates, Nathaniel would weld one shut and strengthen the one he knocked over. He first welded metal rods to reinforce the general structure of the gate and added metal sheets to strengthen the structure. Using a winch and rope, he pulled the gate upright and into position on the hinges which he also reinforced. He placed two removeable metal bars across the two parts of the gate. He made a mental note to pick up more hinges, a padlock and a chain the next time he passed the hardware store. As he loaded his tools and materials back into the truck, he was starting to enjoy himself, sort of especially when he though of how much freedom he would have and all the stuff he could do. He drove his lorry to the building with the fewest windows and began unloading the food and water into the basement. By this time, the sun was low in the west, so he stopped unloading the food and water and began boarding up the downstairs windows and doors except for one, which he reinforced.

He was exhausted by the time he was settled behind a desk on the first floor of the building he had chosen. He swung his feet on to the desk and lay back in the chair with one shotgun across his legs. From his position, he could clearly see the gate and was directly above the only entrance to his building which was securely locked. He wondered if it was worth the generator power to set up a CCTV network around the base. He made another note to look into on the morrow. Before the sun went below the horizon, Nathaniel caught sight of movement out of the corner of his eye. He had been looking at some military documents and quickly sat up and looked through the window with binoculars he had found: beyond the gates, he could see two infected humans (the blood dripping from their mouths and hands was a bit of a giveaway. Nathaniel mourned the fact that he had no sniper rifle or even a scope. He would have no chance of hitting either of the zombies from this distance. He sat back in his chair and returned to the documents, occasionally glancing towards the gates. As he sat, he smiled and wondered where he could find a minigun; he had heard that they were particularly effective against zombies. He would have to check for armouries in the fort and in other forts and maybe the air bases too. He guessed that at least one helicopter would be equipped with some kind of multiple barreled machine gun. He chuckled quietly as he imagine himself turning the fort into a heavily armed complex.

"Of course, I should probably search for more survivors, with two people defending this place, once I've completed the defences, it would be invincible." he said aloud as he tossed the documents on to the table and got up to get his sleeping area ready. He had picked up a hammock from the garden centre and proceeded to hang it between a wall and a cabinet. He was about to make a mental note to go and find a radio transmitter but he thought it wiser to write it and his other mental notes on a piece of paper.

Seems good.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:15 pm

I wonder if I should give Natsu and Kyoko theme songs.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Theme Song: Going Down In Flames - 3 Doors Down
Name: James Callahan
Age (Actual): 20
Age (Appears): 20
Equipment:
Weaponry: Modified IZHMECH MP-412 REX: Chrome cylinder and 4'' barrel with ruby fireball engravings on the sides, slightly enlarged hammer, and horizontal red/white stripe pattern on the grip, specially modified to fit his hand. Primarily uses explosive rounds. Has six special black rounds, each with a letter engraved on the casing in red: C, L, D, M, N, and J, which destroy the soul completely. They are the only six in existence and their capabilities are unknown.
Vehicle: Electric Violet Koenigsegg Agera.
Appearance (Picture or good description): Shaggy brown hair, dark blue/green eyes, clean-shaven, 6'1'' and 250lbs. Clothing: Basically this, with a free-float quick-draw holster under his left armpit (under the vest) and six black bullets on the right side hidden inside the inner lining. On his belt are two pouches, one on each side, containing his explosive .357 Magnum rounds.
Powergrid/Powers:
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Durability: 5
Magic: 0
Fighting: 6
TOTAL: 23
AVAILABLE: 7
Fighting Style: A mix of various martial arts, including judo, karate, jiujitsu, taekwondo, bojutsu, and kendo, combined with parkour and a dash of professional wrestling, as well as expert marksmanship
Weaknesses: Asshole, unable to use his pyrokinesis again
Personality: A complete asshole and sociopath.
History: Born April 18th, 2000, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, to Michael and Virgina Callahan, James started out as a normal, unremarkable kid, until an incident on his seventh birthday. Without warning, while out picnicing with his parents, friends, and baby brother Scott, a fireball shot from his hand and blew up a tree. He continued to have these "attacks" until the age of 9. At age 18 he attended Elfen High, and was present for Loki's invasion. His role in the fighting has been, at his insistence, suppressed, leaving it unknown to the public. Shortly thereafter he left the school, and two weeks later dropped off the radar, breaking up with his girlfriend Jade.

What he had really done was sell off all of his belongings and become a vigilante and assassin, specializing in the supernatural. At first using a 6'' Colt Python, over the years he became successful enough to afford a customized MP-412, a weapon that never went into production, as well as explosive rounds and his special black rounds, the capabilities of which he has never divulged to anyone, even murdering the man he hired to manufacture them so that the secret could never be revealed.

Despite his activities being illegal, and being a wanted fugitive in Myanmar, North Korea, and Vatican City, he is frequently contracted by shadowy government organizations such as the CIA, MI5, and CSIS for operations against possible supernatural threats, including rogue angels, werewolves, succubi and incubi, and others, as well as the bog-standard assassinations against politicians. He also hasn't stepped foot near Elfen High, or even driven past it, and refusing to talk about it.

What he doesn't realize is that the same people who contracted him are now waiting for an excuse to get rid of him, due to the very long trail of paper and blood he inevitably leads wherever he goes. He is a threat, and will soon have to be disposed of.
RP Sample: Come on, it's me, just don't let me be co-OP ever.

I thought you were the drama teacher?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Gimme a beat.

I mean a recap. :p
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Name: "The Great and Mighty" Lazrian
Age (Actual): 592
Age (Appears): In disguise, early 20's. In true form...no fricking clue.
Race: Demon
Appearance: True form. Human disguise.
Powergrid/Powers: INT: 2(Dumb, as the day is orange).
Strength-6
SPD: 2
DUR: 6
Magic levels: Level 5 fire breathing
Fighting skills: 3
Weaknesses: Again, he's dumb as all Hell...dumber actually. Weak to the typical holy deals, such as holy water, crosses, and the like. Tends to pick fights with things way stronger than he likes to imagine he is.
Personality: Big fun, big eater, Gigantic ego. A temper shorter than Crowley's last embarrassing sexual encounter, and easily distracted by all manner of shiny things.
History: A piece of demonic cannon fodder, who thinks he's Satan's gift to the world. Lazrian(Laz for short. The Great and Mighty Lazrian to...himself) is a walking mass of dumbass, demonic muscle. Thoroughly hated by pretty much all his fellow demonic soldiers, he was frequently assigned suicide missions, so they could be rid of him. But, by virtue of his sheer dumb luck, he came back from each one, his overinflated ego growing every time he did. Convinced he was already the best thing you could find in Hell, he set off for Earth, and some weird academy, ready to spread his "greatness" to them too.
RP Sample: Bitch, please.

Approved.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Esternial wrote:I didn't even get to see Allan die. Shite.

Anyone got a sitrep?

Recap.

This Arc felt more like the introduction to the book.

Like the first part of Game of Thrones where Sir Royce gets owned by a White Walker and then strangles his mate like a douche.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Gimme a beat.

I mean a recap. :p

I'm starting to approve apps. If you need your shit approved, repost your app here.

Also, make a new app for Damien.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Seriously.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Name: Ciel Strider
Age (Actual): 17.
Age (Appears): 17.
Race: Part phoenix, but otherwise human.
Appearance: Ciel is somewhat tall for her gender and age, though not remarkably so, and has a light, agile build. Her skin is somewhat pale, her hair is long, red and curly, and her eyes are green. She is always seen weaing black clothes, a black cloak, and a black hat (Think Robin Hood's) with a red feather on it. Since her favorite instrument is the flute, she is also always seen with one.
Powergrid/Powers: (I'm assuming I get both bonuses?)
Strenght: 1
Speed: 7
Durability: 3
Fighting Skills: 2
Lvl 4 Bard's Gift: Ciel's music has an effect on the world around her, as does her voice (Only when she sings or hums, though, for obvious reasons). In rare cases she can harness and control the power of sound itself.
Lvl 4 Bard's Rage: When triggered, Ciel's powers increase and become more destructive, but she loses control over herself.
Lvl 1 Bard's Memory: Ciel retains certain abilities and knowledge from her past lives, allowing her to play all instruments.
Weaknesses: For one, Ciel has an unnatural aversion to bodies of water larger than herself, and will try to avoid them if at all possible. She rarely maintains consciousness when her rage subsides after being triggered, and using her gift can tire her out rather quickly depending on what she's trying to do. She's also, as stated up there in the powergrid, not very strong or a very good fighter. Colder temperatures make her weaker, and certain conditions may trigger fears that are not her own.
Personality: Ciel is a very calm person, hard to upset at even the worst times. She is very proper and respectful of others, though her manners may ressemble those of a man more than those of a woman. She is a kind person and helps those who seem to need it, mostly when it involves something she can do with her gift. As one would expect, she has a deep love for music, and likes to practice every single day, as well as applying it to other situations of her life, whether simply by playing for certain situations or by using her power to fix a gift. Though she is serious most of the time, she is actually a warm person, if a bit reserved. Well, unless you trigger her rage, that is. Also noteworthy is that she sometimes becomes rather focused in her music and stops perceiving everything else.
History: The person known as Ciel Strider doesn't remember anything in regards to who she actually is, where she came from, who her parents were, or why she was even where she was. All she knows is that, one day, as a child, she woke up in a plain in the middle of nowhere, and had to wander for days and days with the only belongings she had when she woke up: Some clothes, which were rather loose for her at the time, and a flute, which she has kept to this day. Eventually, famished, she tried to play her flute, and much to her surprise, the trees somehow felt her pain and let go of their fruits. Surprised, she took them, and continued exploiting this strange gift, seeing the extent of it's power and using it to keep herself alive.

Some time passed before, still wandering, Ciel happened upon a farm where an old couple lived happily. The two elderly persons felt sorry for the girl and took her in, teaching her as well as they could, having her help out in the farm, giving her food and a roof she could sleep under, but, most importantly, marveling at her ability to play instruments. She and the old couple soon found out that the flute was not the only thing she could play. She could play many other instruments to perfection, such as a guitar or an old piano the couple had in their house.

Eventually, however, bad things happened. One day like any other, a criminal entered their house and killed the old couple in order to steal anything remotely valuable in the house, for whatever reason. Upon witnessing this, something inside Ciel broke. No, not break. Rather, something inside Ciel activated. Though her power was not strong back then, the Rage made it stronger. The next thing she remembered was waking up and seeing the criminal dead, having killed himself.

After that, Ciel took some clothes from the house and then left to wander the world again. She went through the world, either playing to get money or to get food from the trees and the animals, developing her power further as she wandered. Alas, not everything was good, because several times she was forced into a state of rage, and she noticed that, as her powers progressed further, the destruction she caused while in her Rage increased. She decided that she had to seek guidance in order to help control the Rage, and did some research to find where she could find such guidance. The only place that seemed to exist in this world that could potentially help her out, at least at the time, seemed to be Elfen High.
RP Sample: >.>.

Because Night invited me. :D.

I'm somewhat surprised a phoenix lacks fire powers.

But sure, you're good.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Name: Jacquelyn
Age (Actual): 5
Age (Appears): Um, bunny?
Race: Bunny
Appearance (Picture or good description): Pic. She is large enough to fit on someone's shoulders, and she normally sits on Minh's or Lewis' shoulders to travel around, though she also lays upon Crowley as well.
Powergrid/Powers:
-Intelligence: 7
-Strength: 2
-Speed: 1
-Durability: 7
-Magical Ability: 6
-Fighting Skills: 0

Level 7 Healing Powers, for those pesky attacks.
Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): She's a cute little bunny, but she can take a lot of hits. Don't even bother, she doesn't fight anyways.
Personality: Jacquelyn is a mutant bunny, one of the smartest of her kind. She is kind, polite, and cute, even when she tries not to be.
History: Born underneath Elfen High, Jacquelyn named herself and crawled from underneath the school. She sat on Crowley's desk one day, and was able to talk to him in intelligent conversation, earning some respect around the school. She is a teacher, though technically she requires people to bring her around on their shoulders, but she can move on her own as well. Despite this, she prefers it when other teachers carry her around. She teaches sexual education class.
RP Sample: I'm a cute little bunny.

Name: Damien P. Seward
Age (Actual): 16
Age (Appears): 16
Appearance (Picture or good description): Picture
Powergrid/Powers:
Intelligence - 5
Strength - 3
Speed - 3
Durability - 4
Magic Level - 0
Fighting Skill - 6
Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): Basically, anything that can harm or kill a human being
Personality: Damien is outgoing, and not afraid to speak his mind. In his opinion, anyone who dislikes him can, in his own words, "Sit on a fence post and tell me how the splinters taste." Smart-mouthed, arrogant, and perverted also come to mind, when thinking of this young, spoiled man.
History: Since the late 19th century, the Seward family has owned a shipping industry rightly named the Seward Trading Organization, which has its own roots in the British East India Company. Started up by Damien's great grandfather, Dr. John Seward, the company made enough money to allow the good doctor and his wife to retire, leaving the company to their son Abraham. With his notable skills in the arts of international trade, Abraham brought to the Seward family a vast fortune. To house his family of nine children, Abraham bought and renovated Dover Castle, as well as the surrounding areas, in Dover, England. He continued to own Seward Trading until his death, in 1972. He chose one of his sons, Kent Seward, over his other son Owen. Kent bore a child of his own, a spoiled little child named Damien, who cursed like a sailor since his toddler years. Raised by a nanny for most of his life, Damien was barely phased when his father died in a plane accident on a business trip to India, and his mother's following mental breakdown and transport to a mental ward in Arkham, Massachusetts. The company was put in the control of Owen, who soon taught Seward to fight and fence. He also revealed to Seward a dark secret of the family; since the time of great grandfather John Seward, the family had passed down training and weapons used to combat demons and vampires. Damien was skeptical, but when his uncle was burnt alive by a vampire during a mission to Tunisia, Damien decided to use his uncle's resources.

Now the only member of the Seward family not in a broken state, Damien decided to take over the family company and begin his life as a secret demon hunter. However, their lie one problem; he finds himself unable to take over the company lest he has a high school education. And thus, Damien is enrolled into a high school, where he hopes to get it over with by peeping and drinking instead of doing actual work.
RP Sample: There was an RP about a high school where demons and angels went, and where Lilith was a teacher, British occult figure and Ozzy Osbourne legend Mr. Crowley was the principal, and a perverted vampire hunter sacrificed himself in a battle with Morgan le Fey. Can't remember the name though.
Last edited by Nude East Ireland on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Seshephe wrote:
Seshephe wrote:So uhm... I think I was invited maybe so here's my application. It's not done, but I'm going to bed now. Will improve it tomorrow.

Name; Frida Adolfsson
Age (Actual); 16
Age (Appears); 18
Race; Human
Appearance (Picture or good description); [/u]
(Image)
Powergrid/Powers;
INT 6
STR 1
SPD 4
DUR 2
FS 3

Magic;
teleportation 3 Frida can sometimes teleport short distances, if she knows where she is going
Illusionist 5 Frida can make people see what she wants them to see.

Weaknesses; (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): Frida has a phobia for fish. Using her teleportation powers may sometimes cause her to lose track of what she was doing. She is also terrified of angels and demons. Her Illusions can backfire if she's under emotional stress.

Personality; Frida is easily frightened by magic that she does not understand. She is sociable and smart but has a peculiar form of humour that most people don't quite understand, being quite nonsensical, and often making people think that she is weird. She is brash and caring. She is quite easygoing and can be self sacrificing to the point of stupidity. Assumes the best of people from the start but can be quick to dislike people who don't live up to her expectations.

History;

Here she was at last.
Elfen High.
She could hardly believe it herself. All the legends, all the stories. Was it all true? She would find out soon enough. She had never thought of herself as someone
who might end up here. Amongst mages and pixies, demon and succubus and Selene knew what other strange, unimaginable creatures. She had always known
that she wasn't like everyone else,
but this
The sky was dark with clouds, but luckily it was not yet raining. The gates before her looked high, dark and unwelcoming. She looked around but no one was in sight.
Was this the right adress?
The sequence of events that had led her here seemed very ordinary when she pondered them. True, she had never really known any other life, but she had always
imagined the life of wizards and demons to be allot more exciting. The earliest memory she had was of a terrible accident. The event that had convinced her never to
speak to anyone of her powers, nor show them to anyone.
She had still been in kindergarten. It had been an ominous day, just like this one. Even the air smelled the same, with just a hint of salt water. She and a girl called Erika,
whom she imagined she had been pretty close to at the time, had wandered of at an excursion. The other kids were all eating their sandwiches, sitting down in small
groups. It was a small town near the sea and the two of them had walked up right next to a cliff. She knew they weren't supposed to be there but Erika had wanted to
look at the sea. Without really knowing what she was doing she had entered her friends mind. She just wanted to know what she was thinking about. But the spell had
gone wrong. Badly wrong.
She could still hear Erikas screams in her dreams. The girl hadn't died they told her, though she never saw her again. She had been crippled for life. No one had ever
thought to blame Frida for what had happened.
Other than that her childhood had been quite peaceful and fun. She had learned to control her powers in secret, and only use them to make people happy. She never
used them simply for her own selfish purposes as she thought she owed Erika that much, or at least that was what she told herself.
Everything had gone well, she had friends, she got good grades and a boyfriend. She never showed anyone her powers and became quite adept at using her influence
over peoples' minds so subtly that it wasn't noticeable. Until that happened. She shuddered, unwilling to think about it.
Everything had gone as planned. She had gotten into the gymnasium that she wanted, the course she wanted. Her best friend Tina was in the same class and although
she had just broken up with her douche of a boyfriend there were allot of nice guys in the new class.
But one day the teacher had wanted her to stay late to discuss something about her grades. When they were alone he had then proceeded to touch her inappropriately
and suggest that there were easier ways for her to get top grades so she wouldn't have to bother her pretty little head.
Frida had flipped out completely and used her mind control without restraint. The teacher had committed suicide by jumping out of a window. There had been a huge
police investigation.
Luckily for Frida, when the Police had finally managed to coax the truth out of her they decided to offer her a settlement. No punishment, but she had to enrol in
Elfen High.
And here she was now, all alone in a strange country, with a langue she wasn't used to speaking. All her friends and family far away. She braced herself and started
walking briskly up the broad gravel path that lead up to what she assumed was the entrance.

RP Sample: 1 2
I also played some RP's in real life and some on a site that is now closed.

Updated, uhm how do I know if I'm accepted?

You seemed alright on the MLP thread and Olthar and Mav think you're good. And your points match up.

Approved.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Seshephe
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seshephe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Seshephe wrote:Updated, uhm how do I know if I'm accepted?

You seemed alright on the MLP thread and Olthar and Mav think you're good. And your points match up.

Approved.

Yaaaay!
:kiss:
:lol:

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Alexlantis wrote:Name: Thomas Bismarck Atkins (often referred to as Tommy)
Age (Actual): 16
Age (Appears): 16
Appearance (Picture or good description): Thick, shaggy black hair. Translucent, greenish-blue eyes (by which I mean the irises). Pale skin. Dark bags under eyes. Fidgety. Often seen in tattered street clothes. Often carries around a thick red notebook, which he scribbles in often with an assortment of ballpoint pens he keeps in his jacket pockets.
Powergrid/Powers:
Intelligence=6
Strength=1
Speed=1
Durability=2
Magic=0.5?
Fighting skills=2.5
Weaknesses (Optional, but you could get more points if you do this): Shy, paranoid, hallucinates at times. Cannot sleep for long periods of time.
Personality: Introverted, highly intelligent, good at noticing patterns, usually doesn't sleep longer than a couple hours, is easily woken up, a bit paranoid, a bit obsessive about some things. Skilled with mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Tends to mutter quotes or what seems to be nonsense. Nervous and fidgety at times.
History:
Born 2012 in a generic town in the American midwest. Parents were often busy, but mom read to Tommy when she could, and dad attempted to teach Tommy the joys of science at an early age. Tommy ran away from home one day when he was 7, determined to stay out in the forest for a few days. He got out past the city limits, and then decided to go back home. When he called home, there was no reply, save for the answering machine. Tommy ran home, only to find the place broken into. He entered his home, and it is at this point that it is unclear what was real and what was hallucination. Tommy claims to have seen his parents' bodies being pulled into a fiery ring while a demonic entity laughed.
A few hours later, the police arrived to find Tommy sitting on the dinner table and staring at a ring of char on the carpet of his vandalized home. Tommy was then placed in an orphanage, and moved in and out of institutions until he broke out of one of the institutions through an elaborate escape plan, stole some money from the institution's electroshock doctor, and snuck onto a cargo ship headed for England. Formulated a plan to get past port security, ended up on the streets of London. This is where his story begins.

RP Sample: You've seen plenty of my writing, and I'm in "The City of Sin" RP. I can link you my posts if you'd like.

It's 2020. He'd be eight if born in 2012.

Also, no half points.

Also also, your character is seriously weak. You need to give him powers and shit, or increase his stats.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse