NATION

PASSWORD

The Dark Shards (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

Naretion wrote:When he heard the 'boo' behind him he leaped forward quickly with the strength of the crystal and across a street over a car, and then with the crystal's aid, sped towards the door of mcdonalds behind his friends in his gang that were at the mcdonalds and got rid of his invisibility and pointed to Pedro. "Get him!" Nathanael shouted, as they all turned to look at him. There were currently 16 of his gang members outside the mcdonalds and a few of them quickly pulled out hidden pocket knives, and certain others cracked their knuckles. One opened his car door and pulled out a bamboo stick.

As they all got ready to join the fight, Nathanael quickly aimed down and fired an arrow at Pedro, using the crystal to increase the speed the arrow flew so that Pedro had but a second to act before it would reach him.

Hold!
You mean the incantation thing isn't necessary? Pedro asked, watching the arrow stop in front of him. Quickened power. It's hard, though.
Eh, well.

Pedro looked at the arrow, and pulled it to the left, before letting its momentum carry it into someone who had emerged behind him. He turned to another. Apparently, they were not yet shit-scared of fighting a magic-wielding half-dragon. They soon would be. "First power of the dragons: Strike!"

A ball of white light sailed towards one of the gangers, likely to knock him off his feet. Pedro meanwhile drew his sword again, this time as The Bloodthirster.

"Oh come on guys. I'm a trained half-dragon with magic and a longsword, and you're gangers with sticks and knuckledusters. I think there's only one way this can end."
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 am

The plane landed in London and those getting off, got off. Those who needed to get off for decent food and better restrooms, got off, too. I couldn't because I can't blow my cover.

After 25 minutes, the plane took off.

The plane landed in Rome. When in Rome, I thought, create some chaos. But first... I went into an Italian version of McDonald's and "borrowed" some newly cooked (and ordered) food. Then I used the bathroom and turned back into human shape. Someone entered the bathroom. He didn't see me until after washing his hands. I chuckled evilly and faced him. He tried to run, but I was too quick and threw him through the door. I went back into the shadows, went through the door, and took shape again. People started screaming and running.

After 10 minutes of fun, I exited the airport in the shadows, leaving everyone puzzled. Then I headed north towards Venice.
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Naretion
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Naretion » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:05 am

After seeing one of his friends take an arrow to the chest, seeing one get knocked of his feet, and seeing one get closer to Pedro to the point where he'd probably get slashed by his longsword he yelled. "WAIT!" Getting everyone's attention. "Leave this to me." He said, jerking his arms out as several shades of essence flew from his body and took the same type of form as the one he used to speak through earlier, and then sent them all to Pedro, all just attempting to grab onto him and make some form of contact, a few throwing punches, as on touch they burned whatever it is they made contact with with a dark power from the crystal.

Nathanael had sent ten of them towards Pedro and watched in hope to see most of them attach themselves to his armor and just burn right through it into his skin and kill him with this process. (Literally attach, like, they'll try to just glomp on kid of and stick to you.)
Hope Shall Prevail

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 am

Shadow Killer quickly went to work he had to perform his task after that he was finished with this place full of pointless art. Waiting behind a column he heard the foot steps of a approaching guard with a quick movement the hilt of his dagger hit the guard on his forehead. The guard instantly dropped to the ground as Shadow Killer moved on to the next guard.

For the next guard he simply silently walked behind the man then with another quick powerful strike with the hilt of his dagger hit the man in the back of his head. The guard instantly dropped to the ground as Shadow Killer smiled thinking to himself that's two down just one more to go.

Shadow Killer found the last guard asleep in a chair behind the desk this was the supervisor of the shift the best one to take the blame. Silently moving behind the man he nicked the man on the side of the neck with his dagger then stepped back waiting for the poison to do its work. In a few seconds the body began to shiver up as the poison quickly began destroying the body as the man shook then finally quit moving. The body was now a shivered up corpse the vein's in the body stood out appearing swelled as the blood in the body had been replaced by a dark liquid. The sight appeared disgusting but Shadow Killer knew this was a good enough warning to the new kid betraying the cult came at a price. Shadow Killer dragged the corpse to the others and dropped the corpse almost right in front of Serafim with a cold wicked smile.

Speaking in a calm voice,"Francesca this is the one who the media will believe was the inside man."
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

Liriena wrote:Serafim found himself smiling at the works of art he was stealing, each more beautiful than the last, and a voice deep inside his head told him that it was a pity he had not visited this palace before.

Then he remembered his awkward conservasion with Lucius, only a few hours before.

"Well, Lucius...the lack of a social life and the prospect of some warm sunlight was too alluring to ignore." Serafim responded with a warm smile. He liked this man already. "I assume that's the same reason why you were walking yourself behind me?"

There was an uncomfortable pause, a silence full of tension.

"I may not be a clairvoyant, but I'm not stupid, Lucius. You were following me...quite inconspicuously. A man with untrained senses would not have noticed." He told the man with praise in his voice before he began to walk away. "I'm going to go have some tea and bread. If you want some, feel free to ask."

His mind clicked and he was back in the present.

"Francesca..." He whispered as he held onto the most beautiful porcelain vase he had ever seen. "What do we do after we are done stealing these works of art?"

Halleon wrote:Shadow Killer quickly went to work he had to perform his task after that he was finished with this place full of pointless art. Waiting behind a column he heard the foot steps of a approaching guard with a quick movement the hilt of his dagger hit the guard on his forehead. The guard instantly dropped to the ground as Shadow Killer moved on to the next guard.

For the next guard he simply silently walked behind the man then with another quick powerful strike with the hilt of his dagger hit the man in the back of his head. The guard instantly dropped to the ground as Shadow Killer smiled thinking to himself that's two down just one more to go.

Shadow Killer found the last guard asleep in a chair behind the desk this was the supervisor of the shift the best one to take the blame. Silently moving behind the man he nicked the man on the side of the neck with his dagger then stepped back waiting for the poison to do its work. In a few seconds the body began to shiver up as the poison quickly began destroying the body as the man shook then finally quit moving. The body was now a shivered up corpse the vein's in the body stood out appearing swelled as the blood in the body had been replaced by a dark liquid. The sight appeared disgusting but Shadow Killer knew this was a good enough warning to the new kid betraying the cult came at a price. Shadow Killer dragged the corpse to the others and dropped the corpse almost right in front of Serafim with a cold wicked smile.

Speaking in a calm voice,"Francesca this is the one who the media will believe was the inside man."

Francesca answered Shadow first. "Good," she replied. She stretched out her hand and an aura enveloped the man, rejecting his body into oblivion. Soon there would be no trace of him. A fitting warning to Serafim of how the Cult operates. A gruesome death and then not a trace to be found. She turned to the traitor.

"We escape, the cops come and light up the place, we fence the goods. Now load things into the boat. I'm going to reject a few of the more worthless items."

Francesca cast her aura again, drawing power from all the nearby living things in the city. It enveloped a number of pieces in the exhibit, most of them replicas or common pieces, and began rejecting them all into oblivion.
Last edited by Lambrinisia on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a feeling deep inside me,
And it's always there to guide me.
It's in my heart and in my soul,
Leading me to the ultimate goal!
You can try your best this might be fun,
You'll go down in defeat before you've begun!
We are about to commence Operation "Bomb the crap out of your house".
Samuraikoku wrote:You're entitled to your own opinions, your own car and your own plane, but not to your own facts.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 am

Pedro yawned, spraying fire over the apparitions. He then jumped back. "Fourth power of the dragons: Winds of Fate!" His attempt to blow the things away wasn't entirely likely to work, but at least it would stop another goddam arrow. Breathing fire on them again, he jumped back. He vaguely wondered what public reaction would be, but that was a worry for another day.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Naretion
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Naretion » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

The fire left the shades virtually untouched, going through their transparent misty bodies quite easily and giving them plenty of time to get close and try to stick to Pedro like glue and burn through his armor, or seep underneath and burn his skin from inside his armor. Or better yet, seep under the armor and just dive into his body through his ears or his nose or his mouth and burn his insides so that he dies an extremely painful death.

Nathanael made no attempt to shoot another arrow but just watched with a smirk, seeing that Pedro did not quite know how to stop his misty shades of essence. His wind would not work either, as they were transparent but not gaseous beings, otherwise they would not be able to attach to him and slowly kill him the way they attempted to do.
Hope Shall Prevail

Ouearotion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ouearotion » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Carathon wrote:Heinz scowled. " So only now you find it evident to alert me to the information you have gathered, instead of telling me first thing when I stepped in? " He sighed. " I suppose I could " convince " the Italian police to step in, in large numbers they could be useful cannon folder, maybe even an decent distraction. " He mused, while polishing the walnut grip of his pistol.

Etani smiled, "Thats a great idea, but in the confusion they might escape and e can't let that happen. I say stay covert and hidden, this way we can steal the helmet before they do and maybe capture them in the process." He then opened the door of the conference room, "Okay guys, I guess we can discuss details on the plane ride to Venice." He then signaled everyone to follow him out of the base and into the airport. "Innocent lives are in danger as we just sit here and talk."
5 (Peace, But Still Keeping Eyes Out for Potential Enemies)
4 (Readying Troops for a Possible Conflict)
[3] (War Declared)
2 (Total War: Use of All Forces (Reserved for a Civil War))
1 (Nuclear/Chemical War: Enough To Take a Nation Off of the Map)

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Walker got up from his seat "Good, the sooner we can get to Venice, the sooner we can stop The Cult." he began to walk towards the door. He turned around back to the group "I will see you guys on the plane." waving then turning walking down the hallway. "Hmm, that table always leaves a funny feeling after leaving it." he thought to himself. He grab one of the people scrambling around, to drive him to the plane that they were going to leave in. "But sir, I don't think I should leave HQ." "Son, have you ever seen me mad before." "Uh, no sir." Walker put his hand at the hilt of his rapier, smiling at the guy. The personnel was trying hard to control himself from shaking. "Then you have nothing to worry about." He push the personnel up the stairs.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Henry sat up and paid his bill. He carefully folded up the spear and stepped out into the street. The day was lovely. Of course, Henry knowing his luck was sure that he would either be attacked by a cult or perhaps a protector. All the better to steal a shard from... He pulled out a pack of cigarettes that he had picked up. Henry didn't smoke, but cigarettes always make a good bribe. He continued down the street while looking at a map of London. What kind of city needs a map?! Henry tried to hide the discontent from passersby. He looked down the street and saw that the sun was beginning to set. He quickly ran along to find a hotel. Something cheap, preferably. One can only make so much money off of selling artifacts(Not the shard artifacts, more like archaeological artifacts...) found in the middle of nowhere or off of his assailants.

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Francesca helped load up the boat at the back entrance and once a large number of decent pieces were in, she waved to the rest of her cell. "Come on everybody, it's time to go. Move out," she ordered, climbing into the driver's seat. She pulled out her phone to call in the Carabineri.
Samuraikoku wrote:You're entitled to your own opinions, your own car and your own plane, but not to your own facts.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Shadow Reaper quickly hopped into the boat as he scanned the area looking for possible signs of danger. He felt uneasy thinking that one thing could go wrong ruining the entire operation. Checking his dagger's reassured Shadow Killer in the knowledge that this cell could easily handle any problems that might occur.
Last edited by Halleon on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."

Ouearotion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ouearotion » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Etani laughed as he saw Walker bully his way in getting a ride, "I guess I'll be heading towards the airport also, see you guys there." He then left the base the way he had come from and smiled at Mrs.H before leaving the closed bakery. "Ok, I can't be seen walking around with a gunblade on my back. Guess I'll just have to hop roofs to the airport." He then closed his eyes and inhaled. "Stage Two!" When he opened his eyes they were yellow beast eyes, he then climbed to the top of the bakery and smiled. All I have to do is stay hidden from sight as I jump from roof to roof." He then took a step back and jumped to the roof of the nearest building, "Now only about seventy-five roofs left." He then continued his roof jumping in stealth, not wanting to be seen by the London citizens.
5 (Peace, But Still Keeping Eyes Out for Potential Enemies)
4 (Readying Troops for a Possible Conflict)
[3] (War Declared)
2 (Total War: Use of All Forces (Reserved for a Civil War))
1 (Nuclear/Chemical War: Enough To Take a Nation Off of the Map)

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Liriena wrote:
Lambrinisia wrote:
It turned midnight at the museum and the guards changed around. Francesca had dozed in the room, conserving energy. Now, as her phone silently vibrated its alarm, she awoke. It was time.

The leader of the Cult cell moved quietly, avoiding the guards' patrol paths and headed for the Roman exhibit, stopping once to open the back entrance for her team. She was relieved to find them all there, waiting for action.

Everybody had their part to play and she would trust that everybody would do so. Shadow would eliminate security, whilst Lucius and Serafim would remove other pieces to hide what their true aim was. Her own mission was clear. To steal the helmet at all costs. She carefully made her way into the Roman exhibit and looked around. The Cassis was located in a corner, near the archway that served instead of a door to the room. It would be out of sight for any guard patrols who walked by. Francesca picked up the Cassis of Venice and slowly lowered it onto her head.

Serafim found himself smiling at the works of art he was stealing, each more beautiful than the last, and a voice deep inside his head told him that it was a pity he had not visited this palace before.

Then he remembered his awkward conservasion with Lucius, only a few hours before.

"Well, Lucius...the lack of a social life and the prospect of some warm sunlight was too alluring to ignore." Serafim responded with a warm smile. He liked this man already. "I assume that's the same reason why you were walking yourself behind me?"

"I may not be a clairvoyant, but I'm not stupid, Lucius. You were following me...quite inconspicuously. A man with untrained senses would not have noticed." He told the man with praise in his voice before he began to walk away. "I'm going to go have some tea and bread. If you want some, feel free to ask."

"Francesca..." He whispered as he held onto the most beautiful porcelain vase he had ever seen. "What do we do after we are done stealing these works of art?"

"Know that you are most welcome in our Family. I cannot blame you for being... A little suspicious of us and our ways, but we look out for our own. If there's anything you need from Lucius, just say the word. No use in staying silent, after all. That only leads to despair and discomfort, even around the closest of friends..." Lucius' smile faded and reappeared in a quick fashion, only for a moment showing the slightest of frowns. "And I would be most delighted to come.

Lucius looked at a bust of an old Emperor, the hooked nose and curly hair famous among all sculptures. "It would be a shame to destroy them. It would certainly bring some class to our headquarters, non?"

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Aldares wrote:
Liriena wrote:
Serafim found himself smiling at the works of art he was stealing, each more beautiful than the last, and a voice deep inside his head told him that it was a pity he had not visited this palace before.

"Know that you are most welcome in our Family. I cannot blame you for being... A little suspicious of us and our ways, but we look out for our own. If there's anything you need from Lucius, just say the word. No use in staying silent, after all. That only leads to despair and discomfort, even around the closest of friends..." Lucius' smile faded and reappeared in a quick fashion, only for a moment showing the slightest of frowns. "And I would be most delighted to come.

Lucius looked at a bust of an old Emperor, the hooked nose and curly hair famous among all sculptures. "It would be a shame to destroy them. It would certainly bring some class to our headquarters, non?"

Francesca sighed. "You want it then grab it. I only destroyed replicas. Now get in the boat and bring Serafim with you. We need to get out of here."

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Lambrinisia wrote:
Aldares wrote:"Know that you are most welcome in our Family. I cannot blame you for being... A little suspicious of us and our ways, but we look out for our own. If there's anything you need from Lucius, just say the word. No use in staying silent, after all. That only leads to despair and discomfort, even around the closest of friends..." Lucius' smile faded and reappeared in a quick fashion, only for a moment showing the slightest of frowns. "And I would be most delighted to come.

Francesca sighed. "You want it then grab it. I only destroyed replicas. Now get in the boat and bring Serafim with you. We need to get out of here."

"Yes, of course, m'lady." Lucius grabbed the bust gently and threw it under his arm while his other hand grabbed Serafim's hand and rushed after the Boss.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Shadow Killer was beginning to grow impatient as he shouted,"we need to move and quickly." His eyes continued scanning the area around the boat expecting the worse to happen. At least the shard is in our control thinking to himself as he continued to be on guard.

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 pm

As Lucius dragged Serafim into the boat, she pulled away, the electric outboard moved them through the canals of Venice almost silently. She handed the wheel over to Shadow as she made the call to the Italian police forces on a little disposable.

"Hello? I'd like to report a heist in progress at the Doge's Palace. You'd better hurry!" she called before throwing the phone into the canal behind them. It sank to the bottom with the Carabineri dispatcher still asking questions. A few minutes later sirens were heard behind them, converging on the Palace. Their boat headed out towards the lagoon.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Shadow Killer guided the boat to the house on the lagoon as fast the boat could possibly go he didn't like being a sitting target on a small boat. Vince was gonna come to life tonight he couldn't wait to hear the response the media was gonna have about the heist. The boat was quickly approaching the house on the lagoon as Shadow Killer began lowering the boats speed to arrive at the dock.

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Two Cultists ran out of the house and along the dock, grabbing the ropes and mooring up the boat. One offered Francesca a hand and she stepped off the boat. "Welcome," she said to Serafim, "to my humble abode." The minions guided their boss and her companions into a large mansion. Serafim would be the only one who hadn't already visited.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Lambrinisia wrote:Two Cultists ran out of the house and along the dock, grabbing the ropes and mooring up the boat. One offered Francesca a hand and she stepped off the boat. "Welcome," she said to Serafim, "to my humble abode." The minions guided their boss and her companions into a large mansion. Serafim would be the only one who hadn't already visited.

"M'lady is quite generous to have brought us here once again. It has... Been a while since I had a day off." Lucius, still holding the sculpture of the Roman stepped off the boat and cautiously took a first step, making sure his old boots would not slip. After the motion was made, however, Lucius smiled and marched on his merry way to the mansion's door, holding it open for the rest of the crew.

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm

With a swift movement Shadow Killer was out of the boat and soon walking into the mansion. With a nod at Lucius thanking him for holding the door open, walking into the mansion Shadow Killer wondered what was next. Studying the cell with interest then deciding to wait for Francesca to decide what was next for the cell.

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Francesca went into the mansion and headed straight to her office. It was time to discover what this new piece could do. "You want to give me a hand Lucius? Shadow, would you make Serafim feel at home please? Give him Room 4."

The Cultist minions unloaded the boat, concealing the treasures in one of the vaults beneath the mansion. This mansion was where Francesca based her Italian operations from, as well as where the menial tasks such as booking airline tickets were carried out by trusted employees. Room 4 was a lovely room, wired discretely for sons et lumière.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Lambrinisia wrote:Francesca went into the mansion and headed straight to her office. It was time to discover what this new piece could do. "You want to give me a hand Lucius? Shadow, would you make Serafim feel at home please? Give him Room 4."

The Cultist minions unloaded the boat, concealing the treasures in one of the vaults beneath the mansion. This mansion was where Francesca based her Italian operations from, as well as where the menial tasks such as booking airline tickets were carried out by trusted employees. Room 4 was a lovely room, wired discretely for sons et lumière.

"Of course, m'lady." Lucius stepped into Francesca's office and bowed his head in greeting to the guard of it. The smell of books and luxury reminded him of the library in the mansion where Lucius liked to spend his nights.

"What is it that you require of me?"

Lambrinisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lambrinisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:04 pm

"We have this new artifact but we don't currently know what it does. I'd like you to help me work that out," she asked.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse