NATION

PASSWORD

Nuevos Aires: Welcome to the Jungle (IC; Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:55 am

Cylarn wrote:One of the medics chuckled. He had served in Desert Storm, and knew first hand that watching your injuries getitng patched up is never fun or painless.

"You sound like quite the hotshot," he said. "You've probably never been in combat before."

The helicopter soon landed at the refinery, where a team of medics waited with a stretcher. The doors were soon opened up, and Farhat was lifted onto the stretcher. Soon, he would undergo surgery.

Farhat smiled at the medic, who was clearly a former soldier. "I have been in more combat than you have, medic. I fought in both Chechen wars. The first of them, I was only fifteen years old. There, I killed more men than I could count. Then, I fought in the short conflict in Abkhazia. Of course, as a veteran of the first war in Chechnya, I went back for the second one. I fought also in the five-day war of 2008." He looked at the medic with fire in his eyes. "I have seen more combat than you ever will."
Күпме юллар йөрдем, дөнья күрдем,
Назлы җилләр йөзем сыйпады.
Сиңа кайткач гына, туган ягым,
Күкрәгемә шатлык сыймады.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 am

The medic chuckled as they brought Farhat into the infirmary. The Gulf War wasn't his only war, as he had been in the US Military for almost 30 years.

"Boy, are you so sure that you have seen more combat than me?," the medic asked. "While you were sucking off you mama's tits, I was fighting in the jungles of Vietnam, two tours in that hellhole. I then got sent to Grenada, and I fought in Operation Just Cause. Fought in the 1st. Persian Gulf War, Somalia, and lastly, Kosovo. Now you tell me you've seen much more fighting. You try to one-up me, boy. I've seen things that would make a shell like you cry."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Cylarn wrote:The medic chuckled as they brought Farhat into the infirmary. The Gulf War wasn't his only war, as he had been in the US Military for almost 30 years.

"Boy, are you so sure that you have seen more combat than me?," the medic asked. "While you were sucking off you mama's tits, I was fighting in the jungles of Vietnam, two tours in that hellhole. I then got sent to Grenada, and I fought in Operation Just Cause. Fought in the 1st. Persian Gulf War, Somalia, and lastly, Kosovo. Now you tell me you've seen much more fighting. You try to one-up me, boy. I've seen things that would make a shell like you cry."

Farhat was enraged. This man thought he'd seen horror. Images of young children lying dead on the floor of their gymnasium came back to Farhat. He was silent as he remembered shooting two terrorists, then entering to find the dead and wounded. He decided he'd speak. This time, his tone was calm, and sounded remorseful. ''I was there for the Nord-Ost siege of 2002. I was among the soldiers who assaulted the Chechen terrorists who took over the theatre, along with 850 hostages. I was also at Beslan in 2004. Something like that would make any man cry. When I finally got into the school, I saw all of the dead. There were about three hundred-thirty of them. Of them, there were about one hundred-eighty six children. They were in school when the Chechens took over.'' He couldn't continue talking. He knew he'd go into surgery within the next ten minutes, so he quietly awaited the medic's reply.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:39 pm

The medic looked away. The things he had seen in Vietnam, the napalm injuries, the pungi stick wounds, the summary executions. He simply couldn't talk about the things that he had seen.

"Unlike you, I prefer not to talk about the things I've seen, but imagine everything bad about humanity in one little area of Asia," he said. "The one little incident is dwarfed by the things I've seen in Vietnam. Nothing can compare to the amount of carnage that these eyes have seen. Now tell me, what is really out there, in the jungle?"
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Cylarn wrote:The medic looked away. The things he had seen in Vietnam, the napalm injuries, the pungi stick wounds, the summary executions. He simply couldn't talk about the things that he had seen.

"Unlike you, I prefer not to talk about the things I've seen, but imagine everything bad about humanity in one little area of Asia," he said. "The one little incident is dwarfed by the things I've seen in Vietnam. Nothing can compare to the amount of carnage that these eyes have seen. Now tell me, what is really out there, in the jungle?"

Farhat was happy to change the subject. Now, he had to put his mind back to the horrible monsters in the jungle. ''You wouldn't believe me if I told you, comrade. There were lizards out there that stood on two legs. One ate our helicopter pilot. Then, there was a giant ape. It looked like a cross between a gorilla and a babboon. The beast tried to kill me, but I took it down with my knife.''

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

The medic chuckled as they brought Farhat into the operating room.

"That won't stop the suits," he said.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Back at the jungle, Scott looked around at his crewmembers. They would need to come back better-prepared.

"Alright, let's head back to the ship," he said, walking with Jimbo back to the motorboat.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Cylarn wrote:Back at the jungle, Scott looked around at his crewmembers. They would need to come back better-prepared.

"Alright, let's head back to the ship," he said, walking with Jimbo back to the motorboat.

"Definitely," Klaus mumbled. He had been very ill at ease throughout Farhat's adventure in the helicopter, and it seemed like they weren't just dealing with dinosaurs, but giant gorillas as well, apparently. Seemed like they were going to need to get some serious firepower...
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Martin sat and stewed. He wasn't sure if having no patients was a good thing or a bad thing. There were still lots of pops from gunfire outside, so at least there were still people alive, but having nothing to do was wearing on him. Finally, he gave up and went in search of a TV to watch or music to listen to, so that he could at least stay awake.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse