NATION

PASSWORD

Nuevos Aires: Welcome to the Jungle (OOC; Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
I'm gonna be spending time with my brothers, and then I'll be off to military college by the 19th.

I see. Well, things will work out, or they won't. In any case, congratulations on the start!

I'll try and get on when I can after the 29th., but even though I'll have completed the first part of my initiation into the Corps of Cadets by then, I'll still have to balance the Corps of Cadets, athletics, academics, and the Transcendental Meditation program I signed up for.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
I see. Well, things will work out, or they won't. In any case, congratulations on the start!

I'll try and get on when I can after the 29th., but even though I'll have completed the first part of my initiation into the Corps of Cadets by then, I'll still have to balance the Corps of Cadets, athletics, academics, and the Transcendental Meditation program I signed up for.

No worries. I'm doing almost the same thing - academics, martial arts practice, and so on.

Transcendental Meditation? :blink:
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

No worries. I'm doing almost the same thing - academics, martial arts practice, and so on.

Transcendental Meditation? :blink:

It's an experimental program that my college is doing.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

San Monteriano
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 pm

How did this evade my attention. :hug:
Monarch: Caterina I, HRDM
Prime Minister: Cristina S'Forza (PD)
Capital: San Monteriano (city)
National Language: Italian; English
Demonym: San Monteriani/Monterianese
RP Population: 62.5 million
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:
Tunasai wrote:Why would he make this up though?

Can I interest you in these magic beans I'm selling?

Ceannairceach wrote:If I were optimistic, I'd never be pleasantly surprised.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Tagmatium wrote:Yes - anything else is wishful thinking or wilful ignorance.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

"RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!" - Galbart Glover

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:04 pm

San Monteriano wrote:How did this evade my attention. :hug:

HOW?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

HOW! ;)
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:29 pm

San Monteriano wrote:HOW! ;)

San Monteriano
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Meh, I haven't even posted an app' :( But I think I'll just recycle trusty Bruce! Although I don't know where I can fit in without seeming random :p
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:58 pm

San Monteriano wrote:Meh, I haven't even posted an app' :( But I think I'll just recycle trusty Bruce! Although I don't know where I can fit in without seeming random :p

FEAR NOT THE RANDOMNESS.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Robotnik wrote:George left the room, standing there so long with a lifeless body was very disturbing to him. As he walked to and around the ship, entering for a quick snack: Which he realized was weird after seeing a horrifically mauled woman, but his stomach was furious.

Upon entering the lunch-hall, he noticed Ya'el in the cafeteria and sat down across from her. "Hey" George started, "Why are you on the ship all alone?"

...Hahahahah. Ahahahahahah. This reminds me of anatomy lab - I'd always be hungry after studying the cadavers. I wasn't the only one, either.
mumblemumblemumble

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Name: Farhat Berbatov
Physical Description (A picture will suffice): Height: Six feet and nine inches

Birthplace: Çistay (Chistopol), USSR
Nationality: Tatar (Russian)
Personality: Very stern, and extremely unfriendly. One is lucky to get close to Farhat.
Education: Never attended a formal school. He was educated by his father, Nail, in the ways of a soldier.
Military Background (If Any): Russian Army, Russian Vympel (Held an officer's rank, however Vympel operatives never show the insignia of their rank for safety's sake)
Role Aboard the Dreamcatcher: Works for the Oil Company off of Nosalida as a hired gun.
Basic Background: Farhat grew up as the son of a soldier, with no mother. He grew up learning the brutal ways of the rural Soviet Union, and eventually Russia. As a Tatar, he was treated poorly by most of the Russians, but this only helped him grow in his discipline. He became a very skilled hunter by age seven, able to kill a stag with very little difficulty on a trip north. He joined the Russian army as soon as he could, and was quickly climbing the ranks. Eventually, he was selected by the FSB scouts to be a member of the Vympel. There, he had a reputation for being particularly brutal, and therefore, quite effective.
Last edited by Almetyevsk on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Күпме юллар йөрдем, дөнья күрдем,
Назлы җилләр йөзем сыйпады.
Сиңа кайткач гына, туган ягым,
Күкрәгемә шатлык сыймады.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Almetyevsk wrote:Name: Farhat Berbatov
Physical Description (A picture will suffice): Height: Six feet and nine inches

Birthplace: Çistay (Chistopol), USSR
Nationality: Tatar (Russian)
Personality: Very stern, and extremely unfriendly. One is lucky to get close to Farhat.
Education: Never attended a formal school. He was educated by his father, Nail, in the ways of a soldier.
Military Background (If Any): Russian Army, Russian Vympel (Held an officer's rank, however Vympel operatives never show the insignia of their rank for safety's sake)
Role Aboard the Dreamcatcher: Works for the Oil Company off of Nosalida as a hired gun.
Basic Background: Farhat grew up as the son of a soldier, with no mother. He grew up learning the brutal ways of the rural Soviet Union, and eventually Russia. As a Tatar, he was treated poorly by most of the Russians, but this only helped him grow in his discipline. He became a very skilled hunter by age seven, able to kill a stag with very little difficulty on a trip north. He joined the Russian army as soon as he could, and was quickly climbing the ranks. Eventually, he was selected by the FSB scouts to be a member of the Vympel. There, he had a reputation for being particularly brutal, and therefore, quite effective.

Heh....Farhat. Approved. TM me once you've read up on the current situation.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I regret not mentioning this earlier, but Farhat and the helicopter work for the oil company. We don't have their frequency.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Robotnik
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Robotnik » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Woah! What did I miss? T-rexes? Jurassic Park? Someone, fill this in for me, please!
Founder of
Oceanea
Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Compliment my flag, get a thank you!

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Robotnik wrote:Woah! What did I miss? T-rexes? Jurassic Park? Someone, fill this in for me, please!

It appears as though dinosaurs of all sorts have survived on this island, and now they are attacking villagers and your researchers. The Oil Company is also playing a role now. My character, Farhat (do NOT make fun of the name) Berbatov is an ex-Russian soldier who was hired to protect the company's interests. His helicopter was rammed by a damn Pterodactyl.... :lol:

Robotnik
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Robotnik » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Almetyevsk wrote:It appears as though dinosaurs of all sorts have survived on this island, and now they are attacking villagers and your researchers. The Oil Company is also playing a role now. My character, Farhat (do NOT make fun of the name) Berbatov is an ex-Russian soldier who was hired to protect the company's interests. His helicopter was rammed by a damn Pterodactyl.... :lol:

Wow, and here I thought we were going with lizard people, seeing as how I knew they were reptiles, used restraint and had no bacterial affect on the woman's body... Let the dino-slaying begin.
Founder of
Oceanea
Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Compliment my flag, get a thank you!

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Robotnik wrote:
Almetyevsk wrote:It appears as though dinosaurs of all sorts have survived on this island, and now they are attacking villagers and your researchers. The Oil Company is also playing a role now. My character, Farhat (do NOT make fun of the name) Berbatov is an ex-Russian soldier who was hired to protect the company's interests. His helicopter was rammed by a damn Pterodactyl.... :lol:

Wow, and here I thought we were going with lizard people, seeing as how I knew they were reptiles, used restraint and had no bacterial affect on the woman's body... Let the dino-slaying begin.

Absolutely! It is going to be quite an experience.

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Has all failed?

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Almetyevsk wrote:Has all failed?

Sorry, I'm trying to get my college situation settled. I do have priorities.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Almetyevsk
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Almetyevsk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 am

Cylarn wrote:
Almetyevsk wrote:Has all failed?

Sorry, I'm trying to get my college situation settled. I do have priorities.

And I completely understand. I do remember when University was my priority.

Oktyabrsky
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oktyabrsky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Name: Ian Jones
Physical Description (A picture will suffice):
Birthplace: Oxford, United Kingdom
Nationality: English
Personality: A kind and proud man. Ian is not afraid to talk about his experiences.
Education: Attended standard schooling until University. He attended the University of Oxford, where he studied Medical and Surgical Engineering.
Military Background (If Any): British Royal Marines
Role: Works for the Oil Company as a mercenary.
Basic Background: Ian had a priviledged life. He grew up as the son of a Welsh diplomat and an English businesswoman. He grew up indoctrinated into the nationalist pride that so many English have. He attended regular schools in Oxford, receiving more-than-regular marks. He was skilled in the sciences and in maths, so he decided to pursue those interests. He studied medical and surgical engineering at the University of Oxford, but did not go into a related field. After his time at the University, Ian joined the Royal Navy. He was accepted to the Britannia Royal Navy College, where he excelled. He exited the College as an Officer of the Royal Navy, and was sent to Iraq quickly after. He served two tours in Iraq, and now seeks a more laid back career. He decided to out himself as a mercenary for hire.
Last edited by Oktyabrsky on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Oktyabrsky wrote:Name: Ian Jones
(Image)
Personality: A kind and proud man. Ian is not afraid to talk about his experiences.
Education: Attended standard schooling until University. He attended the University of Oxford, where he studied Medical and Surgical Engineering.
Basic Background: Ian had a priviledged life. He grew up as the son of a Welsh diplomat and an English businesswoman. He grew up indoctrinated into the nationalist pride that so many English have. He attended regular schools in Oxford, receiving more-than-regular marks. He was skilled in the sciences and in maths, so he decided to pursue those interests. He studied medical and surgical engineering at the University of Oxford, but did not go into a related field. After his time at the University, Ian joined the Royal Navy. He was accepted to the Britannia Royal Navy College, where he excelled. He exited the College as an Officer of the Royal Navy, and was sent to Iraq quickly after. He served two tours in Iraq, and now seeks a more laid back career. He decided to out himself as a mercenary for hire.

Approved. I'll be back in an hour or so, after I get a haircut.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Oktyabrsky
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oktyabrsky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Oktyabrsky wrote:Name: Ian Jones
(Image)

Approved. I'll be back in an hour or so, after I get a haircut.

It's no rush mate, thanks for approving me.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that this RP wasn't as successful as Megalodon. It's just that I've been getting ready for college, and I have been forced to focus my time elsewhere. I apologize if I have disappointed y'all and I wish I could've done more to make this RP much more enjoyable.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse