NATION

PASSWORD

Borderlands: Hyperion Rising (IC //Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nyr Hrafn-Heim
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Borderlands: Hyperion Rising (IC //Closed)

Postby Nyr Hrafn-Heim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 am

CO-OPs : Legital and Spirito

"Pandora, this is our home but make no mistake, this inst a planet of peace and love. They say it is a wasteland. That only a a fool would search for something of value here. Then perhaps I am a fool."

Welcome to our little piece of Heaven. A place were bandits reign, psychos run free, and creatures straight out of the most twisted part of an insane mans head roam by their own leisure. A place were days drag on for what seem like forever and where the night only brings bandit raids, mutant attacks, and violent wildlife. And finally the only planet in this Godforsaken universe that has enough of a military presence designed to protect a mining industry to wage full scale wars. Welcome to Pandora, a place of three balled men, busted girl parts, and angry midgets with something to prove.

It was a hot day, and that is saying a lot given Pandora's naturally hot weather conditions. Lukas had been wasting the day away for quite some time now by cleaning his weaponry of the sand and dust that the weapons had accumulated during his time in the Dahl Headlands. He had been there to find a man with a price on his head, a man by the name of Zedge who had evidently pissed off some bandits. That made him a friend of Lukas any day. Lukas reassembled his Lance and popped a clip in. He then checked the action on the gun and nodded with satisfaction. He then reassembled his revolvers and stuck them in his holsters with a grin. "Allison, get the Outrunner ready... The one with the tank treads. We are going into New Haven to buy some ammo and supplies!" Called out Murrik. "Ok dad!" A young female voice called back.

Outside of the shack of a house that Lukas was in, an electrical noise could be heard and then the sound of heels on metal. Then the Outrunner's engine roared to life and Lukas walked outside to get in. The Vehicle was painted rust colored with gray and black stripes running up the side. In the place of the normal tires were 4 large treads and in the place of the turret was duel mounted machine guns. All in all the Outrunner had been vastly modified to serve as a all terrain ass kicking machine. In the gunner's seat sat a young beautiful woman with blonde curly hair, blue eyes, tanned skin, and a slightly athletic build. She smiled to Lukas and he smiled back. He then got into the drivers seat and tapped the gas. He repeated this a few times before shifting the car into drive and sped of towards New Haven. A few minutes --and bandits-- later the pair arrived in New Haven and walked into the only weapons shop in town. They then searched the wares for a few minutes before buying 10 boxes of revolver ammunition and 5 boxes sniper ammunition. While they were there Lukas also purchased Allison a shield and a new repeater. they then prepaired to head home.
Last edited by Nyr Hrafn-Heim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
In order it is the Combat Action Ribbon that I am utilizing in support of General Mattis, Defense Distinguished Service Medal that I am using in support of all active duty personnel, and finally the Navy and Marine Corps Medal that I am using to support my beloved Corps.
Mad Dog |||||||||Mattis2016

Support/ // /Our/ /// Troops

|||||||||||| USMC ||||||||||||

Military Action, The USA, Israel, Azerbaijani, Putin (Oddly I admire that man), General "Maddog" Mattis, USMC, The USMC, Marijuana legalization and taxation (Though I do not smoke), Homosexual rights, Moderates, Authoritarianism (Mildly), The 2nd Amendment, Freedom of Religion, and Nationalism.

Things contradicting the above.

National Factbook

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:23 am

Hector was a large man. He was tall, broad shouldered and muscular. He was something you would expect from a man who was raised as a bandit. Putting his stolen tan colored Outrunner in gear, he drove through the hot Pandora desert, sand fluttering behind his vehicle as the wheels churned up the loose ground. He was heading to New Haven to grab a drink. Meet a friend, cause some trouble. The usual.

Pulling past a Bandit camp, some poor shots were fired off at him. They sure don't make them like they use too. He thought gruffly. While he was young and still a bandit, his clan consisted of good shots and some smart guys. They were no scholars, but if you can't catch your prey don't waste shots on it. But, greed got the better of his 'family' and they all paid the price for that. Deciding it was best for him to move on by himself, he snatched himself a ride and some gear.

Pulling up towards New Haven, Hector noticed he still had blood on his left glove. That was the last time he stabbed someone with a metal pipe over some smokes. Messy business.
Taking the glove off and hitting it against the side of the Outrunner, he finally stuffed it in his pocket. On Pandora, looks did not matter, but coming to town covered in blood was not the best way to arrive.

Once he hit the town, he pulled the vehicle off to the side and turned it off. He hopped out, and placed the keys into his pocket with his glove. He spat on the ground, ridding his mouth of the tobacco he had, which he also stole. He strode towards town, covered in dust from his trip. His head was wrapped in a bandanna, and he had a strange looking visor on over his face. It was something he had from when he was just learning to walk; his bandit mask. The freaks wore the full face ones, and his was just something similar. It covered most of his face, and that was all he needed.

Walking around like he owned the place as usual, he made his way up to a small, hole-in-the-wall bar. Leaning his arms on the bar, he looked up at the bartender. The man looked at Hector for a moment, and he said nothing. Hectors eyes could not be seen, but there was a hint of amusement in them. The barman was quiet for a little longer, until speaking. "Are you here for something? What do you want?" Hector was still amused, but he curled his mouth into a frown. "Why, a man like me can't enjoy this fine establishments atmosphere?" He asked, mockingly. Suddenly, he spoke up again. "Of course I bloody want something, get me a damn drink!" He barked out at the man, who quickly turned and got to work pouring some foul alcoholic beverage. Hector smiled.

Grabbing his drink, he turned around and leaned his back against the bar, looking out into the town. He gulped half of his drink, and grimaced. "This place is a shit-hole." He muttered. He wondered if Serah Kreiss was here. He was supposed to meet up with her for some drinks.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

New Twinleaf
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Twinleaf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Serah was always shy towards making friends although this was only because she is quick to hate others, what else could be expected from a former assassin that had just recently took her life back. Serah approached the main gate to New Haven in her black and red Outrunner, as she did this she just happened to glance at the time "Well shit I'm late." She hopped out of her runner when she was greeted by a man who stank of sulfur "Hello there miss, welcome to New Haven!" he said as he raised his hand for a hand shake. Serah took one look at the mans hand then back at him, grabbed his hand and squeezed on it until she broke every bone in his hand. "No greeting will be needed for me sir." she frowned as she let go of his hand and started away.

as she moved through the town she took the time to pull her plasma sword out and began to clean the hilt, she was just about done when she reached the bar, she quickly put her blade back in her sheath and moved up through the doors to immediately recognize Hector. "What's going on Hector?" She said as she walked up to him. "Barkeep drink now!" she yelled at the barkeeper. When she received her drink she said "Thanks now fuck off!"

Forte Spirito
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Forte Spirito » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Zedge was just waking up to some commotion in the city, he got up and looked out the window in the center of town he could make out a large group of people talking. Zedge got on some decent clothes, fed his pet Scag 'Scrats' and walked to the town center to hear the man on the stage start to talk, "This is our last stage citizens of Sanctuary!, we have fought of the Lance, devastated the bandits, and held off the Clap Trap's but now we are at a time of loss we have only so much time before Hyperion takes over all of Pandora and even this place you call home." Zedge noticed that the man on stage was the Mayor of Sanctuary, a Large settlement on Pandora were all the good go to live in peace. Zedge left the meeting with distaste, he felt the people could do nothing to stop them and soon Pandora would fall, but thats for another time.

Zedge went back to his apartment and gathered a few supplies and loaded them into his Runner, he started the engine and headed for the Dahl Headlands in search for some new parts for his Runner he needed a new piston for his engine, he thought he'd get some new parts out of Mad Mel's old gang or whats left of it at least. He knew a man by the name of Lucky who he hasn't seen in years who owns a bar in the Headlands and thought of paying him a visit.
I am an RP Designer and Story Writer here on Nation States and love to RP.

Nyr Hrafn-Heim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nyr Hrafn-Heim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:48 pm

As Lukas was getting ready to load into his Outrunner, he noticed a familiar face inside of the local bar. He grinned slightly and glanced at Allison. "Stay put sweetie. Ill be right back, I just want to visit a friend really quickly." Allison nodded with a smile. "Ok dad, be quick." She said back. Murrik nodded and then jogged towards the bar and redid his mask so that his face was covered.

As Murrik walked in the bar he made quite the commotion by shouting, slamming his hands against things, walking heavily. He even pulled out one of his revolvers and pointed it towards Hector. "Hector you mother fucker, I thought i killed you! This time im going to make sure I do it right!" Murrik was now on top of Hector and had the Justice at the base of his skull and lightly tugged on the trigger until the gun made a dull clicking noise. Murrik then began to laugh and pulled his mask aside. He then gripped Hector by the shoulders and smashed their heads together. Once he had regained focus he grinned. "What brings you here man?"
In order it is the Combat Action Ribbon that I am utilizing in support of General Mattis, Defense Distinguished Service Medal that I am using in support of all active duty personnel, and finally the Navy and Marine Corps Medal that I am using to support my beloved Corps.

Military Action, The USA, Israel, Azerbaijani, Putin (Oddly I admire that man), General "Maddog" Mattis, USMC, The USMC, Marijuana legalization and taxation (Though I do not smoke), Homosexual rights, Moderates, Authoritarianism (Mildly), The 2nd Amendment, Freedom of Religion, and Nationalism.

National Factbook

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 pm

"Good to see you made it Serah." He said with a grin. Hector eyed Serah up and down for a good few moments. She was good looking, and knew how to kill too. He liked that about a woman. But before he could even think about her anymore, he heard someone screaming and making noise. He knew what that was all about immediately. A bandit would not forget a call out challenge. As he turned, he was met with a revolver to the face, but it clicked; empty. At first he had trouble realizing who it was, but then he smiled wide.

"Murrik!You Skag-shit!" He said, laughing which was half growl and half actual laugh. When the two slammed their heads together, which was an old greeting, he smiled. "You son of a bitch! Ahaha!" shaking his head once to gain focus, he look his old friend in the eyes through his visor. "I'd like to ask you the same question. I am just hear to grab some drinks, you know, the usual. Sample the local tail, you know how it goes, man."

Hector could not realize that Murrik was actually alive. The last the two saw of each other was years ago. Some ex-bandits met up to discuss their future plans, a meeting you could say, and some did not quite leave their old lives behind. The gathering quickly turned sour. Apparently, multiple ex-bandits from various clans meeting in a small bar with not enough drinks was a bad idea.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

The wind whistled through the silent morning scene of Tartarus Station's urban labyrinth. A man, Julius Korven, was outside of an auxiliary building having a smoke. His armor seemed matte in the dull light of the early sun, his eyes squinting as he looked into the red disc rising in the east. He was a Commander, of the Hyperion forces on Pandora, at that! He wasn't an extremely high-ranking member of the military front, but he was influential enough to be in command of all Hyperion forces at the Station. To him, that was accomplishment enough.

High above our grizzled Commander, on the rock shelves that surround the junction, a figure crouches in the shadows, a lone stalker of men. His mechanical trioptics focus in on the commander, who stands leaning against the railings of his platform some 4 kilometers away. A lengthy distance: even for a man who regularly makes mile-long shots with relative ease. He had been tracking Commander Korven for months. He was the next target on the assassin's long list of Hyperion command figures to be eliminated. And here he was, in his normal routine. The assassin had followed him for months, watching his every movement, memorizing his habits and routines. This was one of them: in the early morning hours, Commander Korven liked to take a solitary smoke break and watch the rising sun. It was when he was most vulnerable, and it was when the assassin would strike.

In the man's hands a GGN40/V2 Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle was gripped with the affectionate ease of a man who had taken far too many lives with the weapon. The scope let out a small electronic beep as it synched with the assassin's trioptics: a rare piece of technology that he had worked very, very hard to obtain. The scope zoomed in with a whirr to over 20x zoom, the assassin precisely aligning the translucent red crosshairs several tics above Korven's head and three tics to his right. A small box of meteorological information was being constantly updated in the right corner of the assassin's vision, giving him accurate, minute readouts of the current weather. 10mph wind to the north, 4 kilometer distance, so a sniper must change where he aims accordingly. A finger slightly tickles the trigger, breath is exhaled from the lungs, and a muscle pull sends another deathblow into the sky. The bullet exited the rifle at supersonic speeds, the report barely making it off of the rock shelf due to a silencer on the end of the sniper rifle.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

A muffled sound from far away as a projectile tears through Commander Korven's forehead, slicing through the brain's temporal lobe and neocortex, killing him instantly. He drops like a sack of rocks, and the commotion is noticed from inside. Three Hyperion soldiers rush out of the auxiliary building onto the platform, guns raised as they scan the perimeter. But they won't find the killer. He had already moved on to his dust-colored modified Outlook and was howling across the desert. Another day.. another target.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Avorez
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:06 am

Tiberius and his platoon moved across the Pandoran Badlands in three Lance APC's in silence. As they rode along, Tiberius told the driver to stop and contacted the other drivers, stopping the convoy momentarily. He opened the APC's top hatch and took out a pair of binoculars, observing the group noticing movement in and outside of the bar. Tiberius sighed and pounded on the top of the APC, signifying that they should push forward. The Lance convoy sallied forth, stopping just outside of the vicinity of the bar.

Tiberius and his platoon continued forwards in their APC's to the Bar. As they sped along Tiberius went onto the radio, his voice sounding a bit frantic "Alright everyone, listen up! We are going to clear out what we can presume to be a bandit den, due to the fact that we have seen known bandit lord and killer Lukas Murrik. Three of you will man the turrets, meanwhile the rest of you will move in with me and secure the fugitive." The APC's halted outside of the bar.

Tiberius and several of his men exited the APC's, with three of them mounting the APC machine guns. He motioned to his men, diverting a few of them over to the Outrunner, while the rest approached the front of the entrance of the bar. The three or so men who went over to the Outrunner noticed Allison and tightened his grip on his Combat Rifle. "You! In the Outrunner! Stay where you are and do not move! You are under arrest for aiding and abetting the criminal Lukas Murrik!" Meanwhile the others set a breaching charge and ready themselves for a brutal fight, "Lukas Murrik! You are under arrest for the killings of multiple Crimson Lance operatives, the murder of Dahl Mining officials, grand larceny, and the deaths of multiple civilians across the Dahl Headlands. Come out with your hands in the air, and with your weapons in their holsters. If you do not comply, we will terminate with extreme prejudice!"
Bontivate wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Thank God you will never be president of the US.

If he was Pres, the other branches would work together to hang him by his own intestines and force feed him angry scorpions.

Adonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adonia » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:01 am

Pareidolia had been watching the Dahl Headlands for some time, and she had been preparing to move out, when she see's the Crimson Lance platoon. "oh great, the tweedle brigade, finally this place gets a little bit interesting" she says to herself. she quickly checks to see how many bullets are left in her snipers magazine, "only one shot, better make it count" she calmly says while reloading. she watches the platoon move from a distance and when they arrive at the bar she readies her sniper and takes aim at the men near the outrunner. she notices they are attempting to arrest someone, "two choices, kill them and let the person run, or just leave them be...eh, their not worth it...now at least." she continues to watch them.

Nyr Hrafn-Heim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nyr Hrafn-Heim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:14 am

Lukas turned his head with enough speed to break a neck when he heard that the Lance had come-a-knocking. "Fuck man, Allison is out there! You have to help me! Im not letting these Crimson douchebags take it all away!" Lukas had already began to load all of his weapons and some other, less reputable, members of the bar also had guns drawn and waiting. Tables were flipped for cover, windows were boarded up, and weapons were distributed. If this proved anything it that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and thankfully for Lukas, the Crimson Lance had lots of enemies.

Outside Allison was panicking and people were running around trying to find cover. A single CL4P TP was 'running' in circles screaming about how it isnt his time and that he doesnt want to die. Occasionally he would yell an anti-Lance phrase such as "Atlas was forced to carry the weight of the world while Hyperion marched forward." Other Greek titan references were made also, but most were drowned out by the sound the the Lieutenant's screaming. Suddenly a noise overcame it all, a woman's voice over the city intercom. "Attention Crimson Lance Remnants, you have exactly one minute to get the hell out of my city before I call in Hyperion to get rid of you." The voice then abruptly stopped and a countdown starting at 60 began.

Allison took the distraction to her advantage and leaped out of the Outrunner and raced into the bar.
Last edited by Nyr Hrafn-Heim on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

National Factbook

Avorez
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:50 am

Tiberius cursed to himself and shot at the CL4P-TP and said angrily "And Atlas' holds the world for it is his duty." He snarled in anger and finally hit the window of the bar in anger. Meanwhile, three of his men opened fire on the woman and Tiberius called them off at about the second burst of fire. He spat on the ground and screamed out "Tell your Hyperion dogs that they can stick their fucking shiny guns up their asses!" He looked to the men in the machine gun turrets and shouted "Destroy that piece of garbage that they call an Outrunner! I want the garbage heap in flames!"

He walked away from the bar with his men, absolutely livid with the woman on the microphone. His men in the turrets opened fire on the Outrunner as the hatches to the APC's opened, he looked back at the bar, his eyes filled with anger and hatred at the mere mention of the Hyperion corporation. He sneered at the people within the bar in contempt. He entered the first APC along with a few of his men, then the other group moved into theirs, and then the other group into theirs. He got on the APC intercom and replied to the woman "Just wait. One day you will see. They will treat you no better than skags." He, and his platoon sped off from the settlement of New Haven, bitter that they knew they couldn't get him until they dealt with the local Hyperion forces.
Bontivate wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Thank God you will never be president of the US.

If he was Pres, the other branches would work together to hang him by his own intestines and force feed him angry scorpions.

Forte Spirito
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Forte Spirito » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

Zedge Drove his Runner right into the Dahl Headlands, he was traveling at 80 mph and would be at LUCKY's BAR soon. As he was coming up the hill past the entrance to New Haven he noticed a couple Crimson Lance Vehicles speeding away and decided to stop and see if anyone was hurt. Zedge got out of his Runner to find another one seemed to be a bandit Outrunner was in flames and gunshots were all over the towns buildings and ground.

Zedge went to the local bar in hopes of getting a drink and knocked on the locked door, "Hello, anyone in there the Lance are gone and I'm looking for a drink."
Last edited by Forte Spirito on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am an RP Designer and Story Writer here on Nation States and love to RP.

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 am

Hector frowned. Lance bastards crashing the party so soon? I'm not even drunk yet! He thought, crouching next to a table which someone flipped quickly as the Lance entered the town. He had his assault rifle in hand, an accurate and deadly thing which he loved. He cocked the rifle, making sure a round was chambered, and he waited for the gun fire to start. Which it did not. Atleast not at him.

Shots were being fired, but towards something or someone Hector did not see. He sat quietly, waiting to follow Murrik. "So, who is this Allison?" He asked.
"The Emperor Protects."

New Twinleaf
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Twinleaf » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Serah looked puzzled as the two bandits headbutt each other, she had never seen a greeting such as this one and that intrigued her. "This your friend?" she asked pointing lazily in his general direction. She took a quick second to finish off her drink before continuing "What kind of friend puts a gun to their friends head?" She sighed and leaned back in her chair "You know what? Never mind I don't even want to know." She then looked at the barkeeper with a face that said, so help me god if you don't get me another drink in five second, I will snap your neck.

When the Lance started yelling through the door for Murrik, she felt annoyed and just wanted to kill every last one of them, but knew that she would never stand a chance. many flipped tables over, while others distributed weapons "Looks like they want to play dirty, this is good." She hopped over the bar for a more dependable barrier than one of those little tables, she chose to use her SMG over her lousy two shot revolver, and rested it on the counter ready to fire. A woman's voice came over the intercom "Attention Crimson Lance Remnants, you have exactly one minute to get the hell out of my city before I call in Hyperion to get rid of you." then a counting down commenced.

Nyr Hrafn-Heim
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nyr Hrafn-Heim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am

Two rounds smacked into Allison's shields around her shin, causing the digital webbing around her to become visible for a few moments. She tripped in through the doors and one man was dumb enough to open fire on her, causing to more rounds to smack directly into her back. Allison yelled out in pain as the kinetic force of the bullets pushed the shielding inward slightly causing her to feel sa though she had just been hit by a sledge hammer. The another shot rang out and the sound of the man screaming while the acid inside of the bullet ate away at his flesh could be heard. This time the bullet came from Murrik's Caustic Justice.

Murrik rushed over to Allison's side and began to examine her for any wounds and smiled slightly when he saw none. "They shot at you sweetheart?" He asked. "Yea... Im lucky im wearing the shield you bought me, i would have been a goner. Kinda like the prick who you melted." She said while motioning towards the green glob that sat in the floor. Murrik then helped her to her feet before returning to Hector's side. "This-" Lukas said while pointing to Allison. "-Is my daughter Allison, Hector."

National Factbook

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse