NATION

PASSWORD

Excalibur Squadron OOC Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:39 pm

The balkens wrote:

St. Joseph, Michigan, evidently.
And I've been pretty free and easy about letting you guys know my general vicinity in the past...
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
The balkens wrote:

And I've been pretty free and easy about letting you guys know my general vicinity in the past...

The 9th circle of hell?
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:St. Joseph, Michigan, evidently.

The 9th circle of hell?

I'll allow it: the answer I was looking for is "a constantly shifting medley of cities in various countries that currently do not have US extradition treaties".
Can't let the rollers get me.
No way.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:51 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:The 9th circle of hell?

I'll allow it: the answer I was looking for is "a constantly shifting medley of cities in various countries that currently do not have US extradition treaties".
No way.

Snowden? Is that you?
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:I'll allow it: the answer I was looking for is "a constantly shifting medley of cities in various countries that currently do not have US extradition treaties".
No way.

Snowden? Is that you?

Ew, no.
I'm much better-looking.
Also, Eddie's a homebody compared to me - just kickin' it with Putin like he hasn't got anything better to do. Bet you a dollar he's sleeping on Putin's couch like a bum right now.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Goram
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:55 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Snowden? Is that you?

Ew, no.
I'm much better-looking.

-snip-

Considering that

Is playing him in the movie on the subject, there are a monumental number of women who might dispute that claim there Tiger :p

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:55 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:The 9th circle of hell?

No way.

yet your on a site that is no doubt monitored by the government, genius :clap:

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:56 pm

GOram wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Ew, no.
I'm much better-looking.

-snip-

Considering that

Is playing him in the movie on the subject, there are a monumental number of women who might dispute that claim there Tiger :p

The fangirl bait known as Benedict Timothy Carlton Flangle-Dangle Cumberbatch is actually playing Julian Assange in that movie - not Snowden.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
GOram wrote:
Considering that

The fangirl bait known as Benedict Timothy Carlton Flangle-Dangle Cumberbatch is actually playing Julian Assange in that movie - not Snowden.

Hah!

Also: I really don't like how the movie is making him out like some sort of hero who did this out of love for the common American.

Goram
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
GOram wrote:
Considering that

Fuck. You're right.

It's 0058 and the Ashes has begun. Excuse my idiocy.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:00 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:I'll allow it: the answer I was looking for is "a constantly shifting medley of cities in various countries that currently do not have US extradition treaties".
No way.

yet your on a site that is no doubt monitored by the government, genius :clap:

The feds can't get me here - I've gained the trust of a local warlord out here in Country-Not-To-Be-Named (it rhymes with "Schwamibia") who also happens to have a pretty sick wi-fi thing hooked up.
He's promised me the eternal and devoted protection of his Army of a Thousand Blades as long as I keep writing Excalibur. If I stop, he'll throw me into the leopard pit.
He's pretty much our biggest fan.

Len Hyet wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:The fangirl bait known as Benedict Timothy Carlton Flangle-Dangle Cumberbatch is actually playing Julian Assange in that movie - not Snowden.

Hah!

Also: I really don't like how the movie is making him out like some sort of hero who did this out of love for the common American.

Which is funny, because the accused Scandinavian sex criminal in question apparently sent Benny a big, rambling letter during the making of the movie, saying that he would be remembered poorly in history and would be serving the cause of tyranny by playing Assange in such an obviously pro-US, anti-Wikileaks movie.
Neither side gets what they want.
When the war is over
Got to start again

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:yet your on a site that is no doubt monitored by the government, genius :clap:

The feds can't get me here - I've gained the trust of a local warlord out here in Country-Not-To-Be-Named (it rhymes with "Schwamibia") who also happens to have a pretty sick wi-fi thing hooked up.
He's promised me the eternal and devoted protection of his Army of a Thousand Blades as long as I keep writing Excalibur. If I stop, he'll throw me into the leopard pit.
He's pretty much our biggest fan.

Len Hyet wrote:Hah!

Which is funny, because the accused Scandinavian sex criminal in question apparently sent Benny a big, rambling letter during the making of the movie, saying that he would be remembered poorly in history and would be serving the cause of tyranny by playing Assange in such an obviously pro-US, anti-Wikileaks movie.
Neither side gets what they want.

tough talk for a guy who can't move 10 feet outside his residence without MI-5 nabbing him

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
The balkens wrote:

Ole Saint Joe Michigan, berrien County's only deep water port and Michigans most romantic city,
(apparently). sitting just across from Benton harbor, this town of just 12,000 is also home to the many Germans and other European decendants.

Did I mention that it's a freezing hell-hole right now?

Goram
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:36 pm

4568, BAUERS, W.H.                                                                                                                Page  1   of  4 

RECORD OF PERSONNEL - CONFIDENTIAL
for Luftwaffe use ONLY

Name:  BAUERS, Willi Helmut[/color]                  Service Number:  4568 
Date of Birth: 13 June 19 18 Place of Birth: Munich
Choose: Male, Female Round to nearest meter Round to nearest kilogram
Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Note details and variations in shade/colour in parentheses
Nationality: German
Permanent Residence: Sendlinger Strasse 58, Munich, Germany
Marital Status: Single No. of Dependents, [No. of Dependent Minors]: none , [ none ]
Choose: Single unmarried, Single divorced, Married, Widower/Widowed
Addendum & Erratum:

Date of Enlistment: 4th March 19 38
Place of Enlistment: Munich
Branch: Aircrew

Rank & Date of Seniority: Fähnrich 6th March 1938, Leutnant 18th July 1939, Oberleutnant February 19th 1940
Hauptmann May 24th 1942
Date of Separation: - - 19 -
Reason for Separation: -
Choose: Expiration of enlistment term, Retirement, General demobilization, Hardship/Medical grounds, Disciplinary action,
Resignation of commission, Other (list details)

4568, BAUERS, W.H.                                                                                                  Page  2   of  4 

UNIT POSTINGS:

I./Zerstörergeschwader 1, Nachtjagdgeschwader 1

AWARDS, DECORATIONS, HONOURS, ETC.:

Pilotenabzeichen (Silber), Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

DISCIPLINARY RECORD:

N/A

TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:

Focke-Wulf FW44C (7th August 1938) Messerschmitt Bf.110 (12th December 1940) Junkers JU-88R (1st November 1941)

4568, BAUERS, W.H.                                                                                                              Page  3   of  4 

SERVICE RECORD:

March 4th 1938: Enlistment into Luftwaffe, Munich.

March 5-7th 1938: Interview with Aircrew Selection Board; recommended for commission and training; posted
FLUGSCHULE, effective March 8th 1938.

18th July 1939: Promoted Leutnant upon completion of flying and officership courses. Awarded
Pilotenabzeichen (Silber)

19th July 1939: Posted to I./Zerstörergeschwader 1, effective immediately

September 2nd 1940: AERIAL VICTORIES CLAIMED: (1); i.: PZL.37 Łoś - destroyed, over Poznan
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DESTROYED: (1); i. confirmed by eye witness, wreck recovered
CLAIMS PROBABLY DESTROYED: none
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DAMAGED: none
CLAIMS UNSUBSTANTIATED: none
TOTAL AERIAL VICTORIES TO DATE: (1) confirmed, (0) probable, (0) damaged, (0) unsubstantiated

December 19th 1940: AERIAL VICTORIES CLAIMED: (1); i.: Farman F.220
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DESTROYED: (1); i. confirmed by eye witness
TOTAL AERIAL VICTORIES TO DATE: (2) confirmed, (0) probable, (0) damaged, (0) unsubstantiated

March 6th 1940: Leutnant Bauers has been noted to be making unauthorised flights at night.

March 11th 1940: AERIAL VICTORIES CLAIMED: (2); i.: Farman F.220 ii: Farman F.220
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DESTROYED: (2); i. wreck recovered ii. wreck recovered
TOTAL AERIAL VICTORIES TO DATE: (4) confirmed, (0) probable, (0) damaged, (0) unsubstantiated

April 1st 1940: AERIAL VICTORIES CLAIMED: (1); i.: Handley Page Hampden
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DESTROYED: (1); i. wreck recovered, confirmed by eye witness on the ground
TOTAL AERIAL VICTORIES TO DATE: (5) confirmed, (0) probable, (0) damaged, (0) unsubstantiated

April 29th 1940: AERIAL VICTORIES CLAIMED: (2); i.: Armstrong Whitworth Whitley, ii.: Armstrong Whitworth Whitley
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DESTROYED: (2); i. wreck recovered ii.: Confirmed by eye witness, wreck recovered
CLAIMS CONFIRMED DAMAGED: i.: Armstrong Whitworth Whitley
TOTAL AERIAL VICTORIES TO DATE: (7) confirmed, (0) probable, (1) damaged, (0) unsubstantiated

Service # SURNAME, INITIALS (107 characters maximum)                                                           Page  4   of  XX 

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES:

(127 characters available)

Application for my German chap, who may or may not make an appearance at some point. Will do the rest later.
Last edited by Goram on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:55 pm

GOram wrote:*snip*

GOram, I hate to do this to you...and that's a really great dossier and I'm glad you did it...but that's not the actual application.
This is:
Name:
Physical Description/Picture:
Country of Origin:
Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY):
Ground Combat Experience:
Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.):
Weapons of Choice:
RP Experience:
Personal History/Bio (more than one line please):

...Awkward.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Goram
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
GOram wrote:*snip*

GOram, I hate to do this to you...and that's a really great dossier and I'm glad you did it...but that's not the actual application.
This is:
Name:
Physical Description/Picture:
Country of Origin:
Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY):
Ground Combat Experience:
Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.):
Weapons of Choice:
RP Experience:

...Awkward.

...I am in poor Excalibur form. I'll do that now.

Goram
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Name: Willi Bauers

Country of Origin: Germany
Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY): Bauers began his career as a fighter pilot, operating Bf.110's with I./Zerstörergeschwader I. He first saw combat during the Battle of Poland, finding little success and being described as an average pilot at best. Between March and May 1940, Bauers began to experiment with unauthorised night flying, finding some success as he scored four kills (three Sterlings and a Wellington) relatively quickly. Upon the formation of NJG.I, a unit stemming from ZG.I and ZG.II, on June 22nd 1940, Bauers was transferred. Operating as a dedicated night fighter, Bauers went from strength to strength, ending 1941 with 14 kills. By the time of the Stahlstadt bombing (late 1942) he had become a night experten with 37 victories to his name, earning the Iron Cross, second class, in the process.
Ground Combat Experience: None
Specialities (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.): Night fighter pilot - skilled in aerial gunnery and has truly exceptional eye sight.
Weapons of Choice: Bf.110C (1941), JU-88R (Mid 1942 onwards). Carries a Walther PPK when flying.

Bauers was born in Munich, in June 1918. He never met his father, who was killed on the Western Front, during the final days of the Great War. He and his mother struggled to make ends meet during the economic depression of the interwar years, leading Bauers to become something of a supporter of the Nazi Party in the years prior to the war. Bauers, who had always had an interest in aircraft, joined the Luftwaffe in 1938, intent on doing his bit for the Fuhrer and Germany. As the war progresses, however, Bauers begins to become disenchanted with the Party and is unsure of his opinion on Germany's leaders. By late 1942-1943, Willi believes that the war can no longer be won and a negotiated peace is the best outcome. Despite this, he remembers the hard days of his childhood and sees the RAF terrorfliegers ravage his country on a near nightly basis. Bauers will fight to the death to defend his country, and his family in Munich, even as he grows more and more disenchanted with the Party.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:There.
I'm done with General, forever.

Definitely staying true to this, I see. :p
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:There.
I'm done with General, forever.

Definitely staying true to this, I see. :p

Weaning myself off slowly.
Besides, A&F doesn't count.
Lay off, I had a hard day.
I do this so I'm not an asshole to people in RL. If you look at it that way, you're the selfish people for telling me I should stop.
Seriously, I work hard, I can do whatever I want.
WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME
When the war is over
Got to start again

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Seriously though I should have clarified - I meant NSG, not the General subforum, which does occasionally have good stuff going on if anyone actually posts.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Definitely staying true to this, I see. :p

Weaning myself off slowly.
I do this so I'm not an asshole to people in RL. If you look at it that way, you're the selfish people for telling me I should stop.
WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME

Tiger, this is an intervention.

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Seriously though I should have clarified - I meant NSG, not the General subforum, which does occasionally have good stuff going on if anyone actually posts.

Well, no shit - P2TM is in the General subforum.

On the other hand, so is F7.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Weaning myself off slowly.
WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME

Tiger, this is an intervention.

YOUR MOTHER IS AN INTERV-
*breaks down sobbing, tries to flee room, hits head on doors, falls down in bloody heap*
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Seriously though I should have clarified - I meant NSG, not the General subforum, which does occasionally have good stuff going on if anyone actually posts.

Well, no shit - P2TM is in the General subforum.

I've been pretty good in terms of staying out of NSG, then.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:On the other hand, so is F7.

Seriously man, don't even say anything. I just ate. I'm not in the mood to be nauseated.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:47 am

GOram wrote:
Kouralia wrote:'ironically named, being up on a hill'

Not Naphill.

Despite living less than 15-20 minutes down the A404 from you, Naphill, Hazlemere and Princes Risborough are the only villages I can think of near High Wycombe.

My local geography is shocking.

I say Downley. :p
Kouralia:

Goram
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goram » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 am

Kouralia wrote:
GOram wrote:
Despite living less than 15-20 minutes down the A404 from you, Naphill, Hazlemere and Princes Risborough are the only villages I can think of near High Wycombe.

My local geography is shocking.

I say Downley. :p

All I'll say is that I was pretty bloody close with Naphill. From the looks of it, you live only a few hundred yards from my ex girlfriend's house. Small world haha.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:15 am

holy shit
getting eye strain
can barely see
at least 2-3 more pages to write and edit

guys
i think this might be it for me
i always knew it would end this way