NATION

PASSWORD

Alternate History RP [OOC/SIGNUP/Late 2007-]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Alternate History RP [OOC/SIGNUP/Late 2007-]

Postby Astholm » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:13 am

OK, so this is an alternate history RP, but it isn't based on any existing TV franchise.

Instead, it's a look at what the world would have been like had there been no global economic crisis.

However, this RP is a bit different; you're not playing as a nation, but as a business from that nation.

Basic Rules

1. This RP is set from mid-2007 onwards when the global economic crisis started
2. Any alternate histories are accepted, provided they're realistic (e.g. Philips merging with another firm or taking over one, Chrysler-General Motors merging etc.) but no fantasy ones (e.g. aliens, steampunk)
3. Puppets are allowed, if you need to, but make it clear enough in the application (note, I will be using them, so hypocritical of me to prohibit them)
4. This is a new style of RP for me, so please let me know where I've made any RP'ing mistakes in this thread.
5. Governments of the nation can be RP'd by you, but this is a day in the limelight for businesses, slice of life-style RP.
6. OOC comments stay in this thread.
7. I will RP the United Kingdom in this thread, but you can RP British companies if you so wish - there is no restriction on how many companies you can RP as at any time.
You can RP multiple nations, except for the United Kingdom.
8. No godmoding etc. - be realistic
9. This is not a military-based RP; you can still run companies that produce military items, but not RP any wars etc. - it's not a war RP either.
10. If you want to run multiple companies, please fill out the form as many times as you need.

CODE
ACCEPTED
NOT ACCEPTED

What if the global economic crisis had never happened - how would businesses have reacted, what would the economy be like?
Would we not see things like "One Ford" etc?

This is set in September 2007, just before the late 2000s recession started. It is an economic-bassed RP that is

Application form

Code: Select all
[b]Name of business[/b]
[b]Nationality[/b]
[b]Headquarters[/b]
[b]Number of employees[/b]
[b]Items produced[/b]
[b]Basic information[/b]

Please fill out the application form.

Previous RP experience is not required; but anyone who wants to participate is welcomed, as long as they keep to the rules.

I'm keeping to the maxim of "fair, but fun" here, and if you've any questions, ask here!
Last edited by Astholm on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 am

OK, it's still open.... :)
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Code: Select all
[b]Name of business[/b] Timor Corporation
    [b]Nationality[/b] Indonesia
    [b]Headquarters[/b] Jakarta, Indonesia
    [b]Number of employees[/b] 300.000
    [b]Items produced[/b] Cars
    [b]Basic information[/b] Rise from the ashes of the former Timor, now a millionaire bought this company and turned it to become a large corporation.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Return to Portal to the Multiverse