NATION

PASSWORD

Post-Apocalyptic World RP (OPEN/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:34 pm

fountain
"Not our body and our muscles make us strong. It is our will to survive, to defend our family and the ability to love. Those are the things which make us even stronger than everything else. THIS is strength! No computer, intergalactic race or animal will defeat the zakesh race as long as we have this fires in our hearts burning!"
quote from Zer'kesh the defender.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Okay, my colonies will be in the South-East where Miami is, and Fort Lauderdale.

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

(accepted.) prepare your armies for battles will rage for the scrap!
"Not our body and our muscles make us strong. It is our will to survive, to defend our family and the ability to love. Those are the things which make us even stronger than everything else. THIS is strength! No computer, intergalactic race or animal will defeat the zakesh race as long as we have this fires in our hearts burning!"

Verisland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Verisland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Okay, to answer some questions:

The barbarians in unclaimed areas will have an iron-age level of tech, "civilised" areas may have varying tech. It is acceptable for you to have an army of men with AK-47s, but not squadrons of spitfires. And, of course, there will be some steampunk/dieselpunk elements as the clever people find book with pictures of tanks, trains, computers, etc. and try to replicate them. You may base your tech on the late 1800's and have brigades armed with bolt-actions and wearing pith helmets. This is post-apocalypse, and so there will be little uniformity in tech, dress, culture, etc. Radios, television, computers- none of these will work.

As for colonies: YOU CANNOT START OUT WITH ANY. You may (very slowly) colonise land around were you start off.
Note: Assume what I'm saying is a joke, unless I specify that it is not.

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 pm

can we have non millitary planes?

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:48 pm

barnstormers?

Verisland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verisland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm

The canardian republic wrote:can we have non millitary planes?

No planes.

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Okay.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Okay, not starting out with colonies but my Island Fortress of Cuba is planning a major invasion of the coast of the former USA, could I have some of the islands nearby Cuba like the Bahamas and Jamaica?

Verisland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verisland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Post-Apocalyptic World RP (OPEN/OOC)

Postby Caecuser » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Damn, that is a vast (sparsely-populated area) to the North. I think I might use my superior navy to conquer every island around me.

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Application:
Nation Name: Empire of the Mississippi
Leader Name: His Imperial Rex Maximus: Aden Liore Norwell of the imperial council
Gov't Type: Absolutist Monarchy
Civil Rights: Pre civil rights ( Believe me I've been there blacks are still treated like shit- not to mention I live in the south)
With its independence the south has actually gone pre-1890s back. Plantations have spread and towns are managed by sherrifs and old fashioned mayors. Women have been forced into seperate spheres as a perverted form of victorian morality forms the national morale. Blacks have become divided between the wealthy "free blacks", indentured blacks that endure a weird form of apartheid, and serfs ( includes overseers of any color. However women are protected by the code of womens rights and free blacks are protected by the freedmans code in the constitution. Serfs and indentureds are given officers to represent them and prevent abuse by employers.
Political Rights: Political rights allow all men and women of white, hispanic, native american, and wealthy blacks to vote so long as their families voted before.
Population (about half RL modern Population): The Souths total population so this is divided 2 times equals: 9 million stretched out far (concentration in cities leaves 6 million in rural)
Military Strength (Less than 2% of population): 2% XD
Capitol City: Jackson
Other:

Mind you this is an extreme parody nation
Also this is sort of a precivil war south thats bastardized.
Last edited by Benutanairan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

i didnt mean south florida i meant florida in its entiretiy

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Question, if we can't have airplanes can we have airships? What about simple planes, like biplanes, in small numbers?
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Well apparently the only way way planes could come to re-exist in this universe if is one the players does a wright brothers moment again.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Actually I would like to say I am pulling out of this RP I found a better RP sorry

I will leave a final note:

Verisland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verisland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Benutanairan wrote:Application:
Leader Name: His Imperial Rex Maximus: Aden Liore Norwell of the imperial council
Civil Rights: Pre civil rights ( Believe me I've been there blacks are still treated like shit- not to mention I live in the south)
With its independence the south has actually gone pre-1890s back. Plantations have spread and towns are managed by sherrifs and old fashioned mayors. Women have been forced into seperate spheres as a perverted form of victorian morality forms the national morale. Blacks have become divided between the wealthy "free blacks", indentured blacks that endure a weird form of apartheid, and serfs ( includes overseers of any color. However women are protected by the code of womens rights and free blacks are protected by the freedmans code in the constitution. Serfs and indentureds are given officers to represent them and prevent abuse by employers.
Political Rights: Political rights allow all men and women of white, hispanic, native american, and wealthy blacks to vote so long as their families voted before.
Population (about half RL modern Population): The Souths total population so this is divided 2 times equals: 9 million stretched out far (concentration in cities leaves 6 million in rural)
Other:

No, go away.

Verisland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verisland » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Zepplien wrote:Question, if we can't have airplanes can we have airships? What about simple planes, like biplanes, in small numbers?

Hot air baloons and wright-bros planes are ok.

New Republic of Egypt
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Republic of Egypt » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 pm

So when is IC going to be put up?
*Nation Does not reflect actual beliefs.*

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Verisland wrote:
Other:

No, go away.

Take a joke -this is why I never rp with 12s
Also this is a real killer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fv ... cYppAs6ZdI
Last edited by Benutanairan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Verisland wrote:Updated Map

um dude why did you give me turf in canada and nebraska i have no territory in either, also my borders are the same borders all the states i control had.

this i what it should look like

Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Other:

yay i got someone to trade with more or less, one of the missipis tributary goes into my territory so we could set up trade with eachother. only problem is we have no slavery, though most of the pop is white they only contribute around 50% of the population.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Other:

yay i got someone to trade with more or less, one of the missipis tributary goes into my territory so we could set up trade with eachother. only problem is we have no slavery, though most of the pop is white they only contribute around 50% of the population.

Actually no-this was a joke app

You see for every rp I post a joke app so offensive and then reveal this wasn't my actual app.

Its not trolling however its to determine how serious new players are. You are ok however XD

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:23 pm

my military is similar more or less to Switzerland, every able body male between the ages 15-70 are required to serve and help Defend the country if called upon. we maintain a force of about 50,000 professional volunteer standing troops and about 100,000 volunteer reserve troops. The military is divided into the Land-Army(42,000), The Sea Army(5,000), and The Republican Guard(3,000). we actually do have airplanes but no unified interdependent air force all are planes are primarily in the Land-Army and a few in the Sea-Army primarily for scouting and supply carry. the primary troops in the Land-Army are mounted riflemen who use horses for transport but fight on foot. This allows an unprecedented amount of mobility which is the cornerstone of are success against are enemy's. the artillery we deploy is composed of are heavy tripod mounted rockets used primarily against enemy armor and structures, are light tripod mounted cannons which bare a strong resemblance to the Turkish Abus guns they are primarily used against enemy personnel but also have some use against light fortifications. Navy composed of both patrol craft and torpedo boats, the patrol craft are armed with either a .50 caliber machine gun or a medium cannon, and the torpedo boats are armed with 2 torpedo tubes and a heavy tripod mounted rocket launcher both craft require about 10-30 men depending on size, the navy does maintain a small group of roughly 3 cruisers which are mostly just for show.
Uniform of troops
Regulars(Land-Army)
Head: Grey-green wide brimed Sombrero cordobés
torso: Grey-green canvas button up shirt, brown leather Jerkin lined with khaki wool
pants: Khaki canvas trousers
Feet: Leather steel toed boots, wool socks
Other: backpack, horse
Officers(Land-Army)
Head: Grey-green Peaked cap
torso: Grey-green linen button up shirt, brown leather Jerkin lined with khaki wool
Regulars(Sea-Army)
Head: red and white Sailor cap
torso: Dark Blue canvas button up shirt,
pants: Blue canvas trousers
Officer(Sea-Army)
Head: red and white Sailor cap
torso: white linen button up shirt,
pants: Dark blue canvas trousers
Regular(Republican Guard)
Head: Beige Adrian Helm
torso: Black canvas button up shirt, brown leather Jerkin lined with khaki wool
Officer(Republican guard
Head: beige Adrian helm with a black stripe in the middle
torso: black linen button up shirt, brown leather Jerkin lined with khaki wool
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:53 pm

My army is comprised of:foot soldiers wearing various different blue clothes and small crude metal helmats using AR-15's and Glock 19's, mounted soliders in blue and white clothes wearing blue caps using various rifles, and a small navy of metal sailboat's whose men are clad in white WW2 type clothes. said boats havng improvised cannons.
Last edited by The canardian republic on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse