NATION

PASSWORD

The Broken Union (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Renaissance Prussia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Broken Union (IC)

Postby Renaissance Prussia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 am

The Broken Union
In 1861 the American Civil War began between the Union north and the Confederate South. The war started out with many confederate gains, Fort Sumter fell quickly and the confederates won many battles after. The Confederates won most of the battles until they came to the battle of Gettysburg. This was where the Union hoped to halt the gains made by the south; unfortunately General Ulysses S. Grant was shot early in the battle. Without proper leadership, the Union forces fell apart and the confederates moved up into Pennsylvania. Soon the Confederates moved into Philadelphia, The Union troops there defended with all they had and ended up winning the battle. The Union pushed the Confederates all the way back to Gettysburg. Meanwhile, President Lincoln met with ambassadors from France and Great Britain. The ending result was that Great Britain and France fully recognized The Confederate States of America and that if the President didn’t agree to meet for moderated peace talks, Britain and France would declare war on The United States. President Lincoln, seeing no other way, agreed to moderated peace talks and the Confederate States of America were given full independence. After the war the CSA and USA began to make reparations and began a long period of hatred of each other.
Now is 1866 and the war of secession has ended, The CSA is having its first elections and is facing the decision of whether to allow its slaves to be free, while in the USA the republicans are the most hated party in the country. The Democrats have become the most popular political party by a large majority and are using their aggressive foreign policy to win support and bide their time until the next war. Meanwhile, in Europe, Germany has been united and so has Italy. Austria and Hungary have become one nation and most of Europe is fairing well. In Asia, Japan has taken over the Philippines and French Indochina.

This is the IC for The Broken Union. Here you will post your orders and diplomacy.
Last edited by Renaissance Prussia on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am

Romanian Orders for Turn 1

Order #1: The first major oil refinery has been created at Campina, Romania. (Actually happened in 1856.)
(+Industry)

Order #2: Ships are being constructed in the Kingdom's harbors.
(+Ships)

Order #3: Efforts are being made to recruit more people in case of an attack made against the Kingdom.
(+Conscripts)

Order #4: A project has been started to connect The Kingdom's cities, towns, and villages with Telegraph Lines. The project is estimated to end in a few months, and will use a very small amount of our Lumber resources.
(+Infrastructure)
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Renaissance Prussia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Renaissance Prussia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:16 am

Order 1: Transcontinental Railroad A series of railroads are to be built throughout the CSA, They will begin in Richmond and eventually work their way over to San Diego. It will allow for easier shipping of materials and transport of people. (+infrastructure)
Order 2: Naming of the New States The areas of former American states that we took in the War of Secession are to be renamed and given the title of State. The area of California that we took is now the State of San Diego, The area of Arizona that was taken is now Pheonix, and finally the area taken from New Mexico shall be called Las Cruces.(+Stability)
Order 3: Conscription A conscription of men who are twenty one shall be put in place. They will serve for three years and then they may choose to stay in the army or to get a job.(+Conscripts)
Order 4: The question on slaves The question on whether we should have slaves has been plaguing society for years. We will be keeping our slaves for now and will reintroduce this question in ten years.(-Stability)

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 am

British Orders-Turn 1

Order 1: A Railway Line is to be built connecting London, Edinburgh and Cardiff, with a central hub at Birmingham. (+infrastracture)
Order 2: A census will be conducted across the general population of the UK (not colonies). (+Stability)
Order 3: A new law will be passed allowing more men to stay and work in the factories rather than be conscripted into the army (-conscripts, +industry)
Order 4: New ships are to be constructed at the naval base in Portsmouth (+2 Big Ships)
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Soviet Ruk-Tsan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Ruk-Tsan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:03 am

Order 1: railways: All over russia and into colonies with land borders with russia. It will take about 2 months. (+ infrastructure)
Order 2: Refineries and mines are to be built all over Alaska (+ industry and income)
Order 3: 10 small navy ships are decommisioned and turned into trade ships. (+ trade and income) (- ships)

Tsar Alexander II issues a statement that he is open to trade deals.
Founder of The Union of Red Nations

Soviet Ruk-Tsan, bringing peace to the world through senseless violence.

Bordurian
Minister

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 am

French Turn 1 orders

Order 1
Have all major towns and villages linked by rail under one railway company

Effect: +infrastructure

Order 2
Conscript more men to send to indo-china to fight the Japanese. Send 170 ships and 100,000 regulars to attack the Japanese. The conscripts shall be sent at the start of turn 2 once they are trained.

Effect: +conscripts and regulars

Order 3
Allow freedom of religion and freedom of speech in France.
Effect: +stability

Order 4
Increase Production: Increase the production of Iron Ore and Caste Iron in France

Effect: +Production
Last edited by Bordurian on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Signed: Stefan III of Bordurian Grand Duke of Małapolska Duke of Bratislava Lord of Bohemia Baron of Zakopane, order of the Bear and of the Holy cross, His Holy Catholic Majesty Stefan III
Left -2.69
Authoritarian 3.45
[/floatleft]
Winners of the Free South Califas Roller Hockey Tournament
Participant in the 61st cup of Harmony,the 48th Baptisim of
Fire, the 19th Rugby Union world cup and World Cup 62
History, Geography, Reading, European
holidays, running, soccer, golf and Badminton

Madredia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Philippines Territory and Indochina

Postby Madredia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 pm

I, EMPEROR KAZUYA, THE ROYAL DRAGON OF HONSHU, HE WHO SITS ON THE TAKAMIKURA, THE MIGHTY TENNO, HEREBY MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THE PHILIPPINES AND INDOCHINA (APART FROM SOUTH VIETNAM AND BURMA) HAVE BEEN CLAIMED BY THE JAPANESE EMPIRE.
Last edited by Madredia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

French-Japanese Treaty

Postby Madredia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:19 pm

The Empire of Japan greets you. I offer my condolences for any losses you may have suffered against Japanese soldiers, but I have just taken power and I am willing to withdraw all troops, if South Vietnam becomes a Japanese territory.
Last edited by Madredia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amitra
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Amitra » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Marking this for later .
Last edited by Amitra on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I the only one that pronounces "laboratory" "la-BOR- a-tory"?
"There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become citizens in this world, or till those we now call citizens and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands." ---Edited Plato Quote

FORTUNE COOKIE WISDOM
A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices that the system works.
5 4 3 2 1

Renaissance Prussia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Renaissance Prussia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm

To: Czar Nicolas II
Czar Nicolas II, We are responding to your statement. The Confederate States wishes greatly to trade with your nation, we are willing to trade Cotton and Tobacco and to create a closer bond between our great countries.

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

France-Japan Peace Talks

Postby Madredia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

To France,
We can discuss details if you agree to seek peace with the Empire of Japan. I look forward to prosperous meetings.

Empire of Japan
Last edited by Madredia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Soviet Ruk-Tsan wrote:Tsar Alexander II issues a statement that he is open to trade deals.

The British Empire would very much like to open trade relations with the Russian Empire. We would be willing to export some of our manufactured goods to satisfy the needs of your working class, and maybe increase your agricultural efficiency. In return, we would like the right to mine for iron, copper and other resources necessary to the running of the Empire in Siberia without taxation or tariff.
Yours Sincerely,
George Wilton, Minister for Trade.
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Soviet Ruk-Tsan wrote:Tsar Alexander II issues a statement that he is open to trade deals.

The Kingdom of Romania would like to trade with the Russian Empire. Romania is rich in food supplies, coal, and petrol. We would like to know what resources are existent in the Russian Empire.

Alexandru Ioan Cuza, King of Romania.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Orders for Round 1

Postby Madredia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Order 1: Japan claims Indochina(apart from South Vietnam and Burma) (this is the confirmation of the earlier declaration, making my claim legal)
Order 2: Mining colonies begin to be established in Indochina (+Infrastructure Colonies)
Order 3: Japan SENDS TRADE ENVOYS TO RUSSIA TO ESTABLISH TRADE WITH RUSSIA. ( +Trade Balance)
Order 4: Japan begins building a naval base in the Philippines. (+Big Ships, +Little Ships)
Last edited by Madredia on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Soviet Ruk-Tsan wrote:Order 1: railways: All over russia and into colonies with land borders with russia. It will take about 2 months. (+ infrastructure)
Order 2: Refineries and mines are to be built all over Alaska (+ industry and income)
Order 3: 10 small navy ships are decommisioned and turned into trade ships. (+ trade and income) (- ships)

Tsar Alexander II issues a statement that he is open to trade deals.

Take note of the Empire of Japan's most recent orders, in which we sent trade envoys to Russia, signifying we are open to trade. We are rich in coal, cherries, iron ore, and seafood.

Soviet Ruk-Tsan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Ruk-Tsan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:48 pm

To: President Jefferson Davis
We would be interested to trade your tobbaco, and we could trade you coal or oil from Alaska.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

To: George Wilton
We would be very interested in agricultural supplies to feed our people, and we can offer the rights to several mines in central siberia with no tax.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

To: The Kingdom of Romania
We would be interested in your agricultural supplies, and in return we could possibly offer minerals from siberia or gems from alaska.

To: The Empire of Japan
We would be interested in traf=de with the Japanese, although most of what you offer we are in abundance of. Perhaps you have exotic goods from the Pacific? In return we cold offer minerals or oil.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 am

Soviet Ruk-Tsan wrote:
To: President Jefferson Davis
We would be interested to trade your tobbaco, and we could trade you coal or oil from Alaska.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

We would be very interested in agricultural supplies to feed our people, and we can offer the rights to several mines in central siberia with no tax.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

To: The Kingdom of Romania
We would be interested in your agricultural supplies, and in return we could possibly offer minerals from siberia or gems from alaska.

To: The Empire of Japan
We would be interested in traf=de with the Japanese, although most of what you offer we are in abundance of. Perhaps you have exotic goods from the Pacific? In return we cold offer minerals or oil.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

All the coal and iron ore I have comes from Indochina so how about I trade crabs, oysters and fish with you for oil?
Last edited by Madredia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Ruk-Tsan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Ruk-Tsan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:04 am

To: The Japanese Empire
These terms are agreeable. Trade ports will be opened on the east coast to begin our deal.
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 am

His Royal Majesty, Emperor Kazuya looks forward to a fruitful partnership with you Tsar Alexander

Bordurian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 am

Madredia wrote:The Empire of Japan greets you. I offer my condolences for any losses you may have suffered against Japanese soldiers, but I have just taken power and I am willing to withdraw all troops, if South Vietnam becomes a Japanese territory.

Your terms are unacceptable. We are willing to give you all of Indochina, but we keep south Vietnam.
Signed: Stefan III of Bordurian Grand Duke of Małapolska Duke of Bratislava Lord of Bohemia Baron of Zakopane, order of the Bear and of the Holy cross, His Holy Catholic Majesty Stefan III
Left -2.69
Authoritarian 3.45
[/floatleft]

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 am

My dear friend, if you would take a look at the map you will see that I already own all of Indochina apart from south vietnam and Burma. You only have that territory of South Vietnam on the entire Asian continent. I don't see why you don't just give it to me and end this war. You stand to lose much less if you do and we end this war.

Bordurian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 am

Southern Vietnam has many resources that benefits our nation. We are afraid it is indispensable to us. If you accept our offer, we will give you no trouble in the Orient.
Left -2.69
Authoritarian 3.45
[/floatleft]

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:12 am

To France: Emperor Kazuya is a reasonable man, and willing to make a compromise. You may keep South Vietnam, if you do not conquer any Asian territories for the next 2 turns at least, and you withdraw ALL troops from the Indochina peninsula for the next two turns. (OOC: this means your regulars and conscripts will decrease)

Madredia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 am

I beleive it is obvious that if we go to war I will conquer South Vietnam, judging by my military stats compared to yours, and the fact that you are sandwiched between my territories. However I, the Imperial Dragon of Honshu, The Mighty Tenno, Shogun of the Empire of the Sun, His Royal Majesty Emperor Kazuya, would prefer peace to war, so I believe it is in your best interests to accept my 2nd offer.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 am

Soviet Ruk-Tsan wrote:
Yours, Tsar Alexander II

To Tsar Alexander II,
Very well. We will tell our businesses to start exporting agricultural supplies (steel plows etc) to your nation at once and we will send exploratory teams to evaluate the Siberian mines and set up operations.
Thank you for your cooperation,
George Wilton, Minister for Trade.
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse