NATION

PASSWORD

Alone (Interest Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Crumlark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Alone (Interest Thread)

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello, I am Crumlark, and I am an inexperienced RPer. My work even worth looking at has been pruned, and the remains of my work would horrify even complete noobs. So, I have a proposition. I will host this great looking thread, and you will join it. You get enjoyment, and I gain the necessary experience to be taken seriously. A mutual benefit for both participants.

"Alone" will center around a single character, taking place in a post-apocalyptic world. I, the OP, will play the one character left in the world, constantly travelling over miles and miles of land. You, the players, will play the environment that will be traversed. That persons journey, and in essence, everything this last person on earth will do, will be dictated by what is thrown in his/her face.

OOC right here!

Having trouble understanding?
Me:
"The final survivor had exited the wasteland, barren of all life, sheltering only the most horrid of creatures. Before the survivor, lied the vast tracts of land once named "New Oceania". [Ect, more paragraphs]

New Oceania:
There was a ruined city to the east, completely empty of movement, barring the barely functioning fallen unmanned drone on the main street, once symbolizing the safety of the people, failing to even save itself. [Ect]

Now, you don't have to play as your country, you could be Cuba for all I care, but you have to make good posts, and there is only one person left, so don't try too hard to kill the guy, Ok?

I will make an application if enough people participate in this, or just like the idea of it.
Last edited by Crumlark on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anarchist. I'm dating TotallyNotEvilLand, and I love him. I am made whole.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.
Liberate Mallorea and Riva!

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm

interesting... the only problem I forsee is when you have 6 or 7 people giving you s#!t at once... making you travel from forest to desert to artic tundra to vast ocean...
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 pm

JuNii wrote:interesting... the only problem I forsee is when you have 6 or 7 people giving you s#!t at once... making you travel from forest to desert to artic tundra to vast ocean...

You make a very good point. Obviously, they will have to sign up as a specific piece of land, and I figured they would keep an eye on this to see if it is their turn and all, but now you got me worried.

Think a player limit would fix that?
Last edited by Crumlark on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:43 pm

I would write gigantic posts about being rock and then being stepped on by you.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Crumlark wrote:
JuNii wrote:interesting... the only problem I forsee is when you have 6 or 7 people giving you s#!t at once... making you travel from forest to desert to artic tundra to vast ocean...

You make a very good point. Obviously, they will have to sign up as a specific piece of land, and I figured they would keep an eye on this to see if it is their turn and all, but now you got me worried.

depends on the players... some would take the attitude of 'kill the survivor" in which you will face avalanches, droughts, flash floods... etc.

also, 'Alone' infers that there is no roving bands of raiders or survivors of any kind...

but I wouldn't mind trying this... the region I want would be Subterrainian network of caverns.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Erryeah
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erryeah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Perhaps setting a turn based system for the environment RPers would be a good thing because having two people post something about the desert and snow falling from the sky might be a little surreal. Or...you, the OP could set the general theme of the landscape for awhile and we use that as a template in between your posts. The latter system being favored.

Salutem
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Salutem » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

I must admit, this idea intrigues me. It is a nice twist on the usual RP makeup. However, I agree that you should probably set a template as to what the environment is, as to avoid walking from desert to winter wonderland in a matter of three minutes.
Future-Tech
Salus omnia
Survival is everything

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Could I possibly play as an area of land, say, 50 square miles that used to be some sort of human temple area?

The land would be a rocky, sandy mountain-esque landscape. The main features of the land would be that it creates a constantly- and dynamically-shifting labyrinth out of solid stone.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Interesting. could it be NS based? I mean that
the nations participating would be the nations
of this earth and be left in ruins.

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Wait, so we'd be describing the setting and you'd write how the character responds to the setting?

This is a seriously creative idea. I'll consider joining.
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:33 am

Neros wrote:I would write gigantic posts about being rock and then being stepped on by you.

Very funny. I would like to remind you it is I being influenced by you! So you would write about the rock, and I would step on it... and then... I guess you could do something like that.

JuNii wrote:
Crumlark wrote:You make a very good point. Obviously, they will have to sign up as a specific piece of land, and I figured they would keep an eye on this to see if it is their turn and all, but now you got me worried.

depends on the players... some would take the attitude of 'kill the survivor" in which you will face avalanches, droughts, flash floods... etc.

also, 'Alone' infers that there is no roving bands of raiders or survivors of any kind...

but I wouldn't mind trying this... the region I want would be Subterrainian network of caverns.

I wouldn't mind a little man vs nature, those kind of fights can be quite interesting. Unfortunately, Alone does infer there is no other human left alive, and that might not be good for continuity if the survivor dies... and your idea for terrain is rather creative.

Erryeah wrote:Perhaps setting a turn based system for the environment RPers would be a good thing because having two people post something about the desert and snow falling from the sky might be a little surreal. Or...you, the OP could set the general theme of the landscape for awhile and we use that as a template in between your posts. The latter system being favored.

Yes, I will make the starting location and the view of a few appropriate transitions, more for story related purposes than a tutorial, but it can serve as that as well, of course after that, its up to the players... And the concern regarding the conflicting posts by separate players at once, sadly frightens me. I guess I will have them say they won't do it in their app. :p

Salutem wrote:I must admit, this idea intrigues me. It is a nice twist on the usual RP makeup. However, I agree that you should probably set a template as to what the environment is, as to avoid walking from desert to winter wonderland in a matter of three minutes.

The starting zone, which the survivor would stay in for the OP and OP only, would make a nice template. Would you not agree?

Sentinel XV wrote:Could I possibly play as an area of land, say, 50 square miles that used to be some sort of human temple area?

The land would be a rocky, sandy mountain-esque landscape. The main features of the land would be that it creates a constantly- and dynamically-shifting labyrinth out of solid stone.

I am glad you are not worried and instead rushed forth to become part of the experience.

Drekka wrote:Interesting. could it be NS based? I mean that
the nations participating would be the nations
of this earth and be left in ruins.

It can be NS based. Like I said in the OP, you can be your nation or Cuba, or even somewhere that doesn't exist in NS or the real world. Just has to be MT to PMT.

Icamera wrote:Wait, so we'd be describing the setting and you'd write how the character responds to the setting?

This is a seriously creative idea. I'll consider joining.

Thank you for the compliments, and yes, that is the general idea.

Adwest
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adwest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 am

Nice idea. I declare my support to the coming IC thread.
The Grand Kingdom of Adwest
Aristocratic Warmonger | Imperialist Counterrevolutionary | Reactionary Absolutist

Also the guy who once controlled Falsea | Join me in Eternity!
Views of this nation are not personal unless otherwise stated

Erryeah
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erryeah » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

Crumlark wrote:-snip-

All right, thanks for the answers/explanations/procedures. My interest is solidified in this RP experiment. Perhaps after having the chance to see, take notes, and formulate this style we can start a new community. I see this form of RP as a great way to work on imagery and building characters.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 pm

This interests me. You have my support in this experiment.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm

*Hyperventilates*

"OHMAHGAWDOHMAHGAWDOHMAHGAWD!"

*sucks in a deep breath*

"NIGHTKILLJOINEDIT!HEDIDHEREALLYREALLYDID!"

As you can tell, I am excited to have your support.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Crumlark wrote:*Hyperventilates*

"OHMAHGAWDOHMAHGAWDOHMAHGAWD!"

*sucks in a deep breath*

"NIGHTKILLJOINEDIT!HEDIDHEREALLYREALLYDID!"

As you can tell, I am excited to have your support.

The concept is unique and I like it.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

OOC going up tomorrow!

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 pm

OOC is up now!

Linky.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse