NATION

PASSWORD

[Info] F7+ | Book of the Multiverse

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 am

Uhm, could I ask a little question?
What is going to eventually happen to RPs here on P2TM that get abandoned by their OPs?
Last edited by Agritum on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 am

Agritum wrote:Uhm, could I ask a little question?
What is going to eventually happen to RPs here on P2TM that get abandoned by their OPs?

Same as on II, they are either archived (rare), locked (Less rare but still uncommon) or just left there.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:18 am

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i've got an RP i want archived, how do i go about it?
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i've got an RP i want archived, how do i go about it?

Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 am

Cromarty wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i've got an RP i want archived, how do i go about it?

More accurately, make a topic in the Moderation forum asking for it to be archived.
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Johz wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Image

More accurately, make a topic in the Moderation forum asking for it to be archived.

Thanks guys I'm sorry i didn't know where i should go or anything like that.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 am

I'm struggling to get interest for my new RP here; how do I make it more interesting?

Given that it's an alternate history one, anyone got any advice?
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Want to check out a very different RP? Check this! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=190158
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 am

If you love genetic aberrants, then come on down to 63n3515!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=194929
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 am

How do you know all this?
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:How do you know all this?

Know all of what? If you're asking about the information contained in the first few posts of the thread.. well, I've been on this forum (using a different account, of course), since before 2009. So I've been here a while.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:How do you know all this?

Know all of what? If you're asking about the information contained in the first few posts of the thread.. well, I've been on this forum (using a different account, of course, since before 2009. So I've been here a while.

Some of us are old-timers alright.

And others are just Jurassic.
Last edited by Esternial on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Esternial wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Know all of what? If you're asking about the information contained in the first few posts of the thread.. well, I've been on this forum (using a different account, of course, since before 2009. So I've been here a while.

Some of us are old-timers alright.

And others are just Jurassic.

Anyone who was here during the Jolt years is as veteran as you'll get.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 am

What Godmoding Is 3.1

P2MV Edition, based almost completely on Euroslavia's sticky

NOTE: This, like most information stickies, does not represent 'the rules.' If you and the people you RP with enjoy yourselves outside these rules and within the game rules, good for you. This is an attempt to compile general rules as used by the 'mainstream' RP community. In other words, if you follow these rules more people will accept your RP.

Definition of Godmoding:
1) Saying what happens to other people's stuff.
2) Refusing to take any losses. Or lose. Ever.
3) Having your character's abilities to your extreme advantage.

1) Example: "...and then he hit your character full in the face, knocking him out!"

Why this is Godmoding: Because in free form role-play, it's up to the person that RPs the character being attacked to determine what happens next. This leads to OOC bickering which in turn, ruin the entire RP. Trust me, it’s happened many times. Don’t let it happen. Try to use vague words that allow the other RP'er some leeway, such as "fired at" instead of "shot" or "pushed his fist towards" instead of "sucker-punched"

2) Example: "Oh, well, my character had a personal forcefield so none of those bullets harmed him. "

Why this is Godmoding: This is probably where godmoding gets its name (from God Mode in Doom, where you were invincible after typing IDDQD). Naturally, if nobody ever takes a hit, the fight degenerates into "I HIT YOU!" "NO YOU DIDN'T!", etc. Remember now, roleplaying isn’t about winning or losing, it’s about telling a story. An RP'er who is willing to accept defeat gains a lot of respect from others, in turn. Refusing to lose could permanently damage your reputation, making not too many people not want to RP with you.

There is no device known or yet to be invented which is perfect. There is no perfect stealth, there is no perfect radar, there is no perfect acoustical protection, there is nothing which cannot be defeated. Of course, with magic and stuff you might have some excuse to call it perfect, but there is always a way. For example, someone could detect your spell being activated. I'm just sayin'.

Therefore you cannot tell someone what their results are in trying to find you! You can tell them how your system works, but you can't off and say "you can't see me nyah!".

3) Example: 'Ok, I'm shooting at you with fireballs.'
'Aha! My forcefield blocks your attack!'
<insert attack here>
<insert attack here>

Why This is Godmoding: Forcefields are magical, yes. But if you use the same ability over and over, it'd be ridiculous to think that in all that time nobody would have come up with an effective method to counter it. Same goes for most technology, in fact: you should at least allow for the possibility that a nation which has faced your mighty ubertech on the battlefield has gone off and built something to counter it. There's always *something*.

Not Quite a Godmode, but...
Separate Example of Weaponry
"My character has an impenetrable forcefield constantly surrounding him, can enter people's bodies and controls life and death."

Explanation: There are some powerful characters out there, some are even Gods, but that doesn't mean you get to have powers that can end another character's life with a single snap of your fingers, negate any attack or dictate what they're doing by conveniently crawling inside of them and playing them like a rag puppet. Just like a very intricate form of Battleship, each of you have your own ships and get to fire, but eventually it's the guy on the other side that tells you whether you sunk his ship or hit water. And yes, he could be a douchebag about it and move his cruiser one row to the left and avoid that attack, but in that case you should discuss it in the OOC and not take matters into your own hands.

A Godmode is an arbitary statement of superiority detrimental to good RP.

The aforementioned powers would have a definite advantage to the RP'er and his character, but having a character RP party (everyone, not just one guy trying to catch up on the others) on a million-mile-per-hour ship shouldn't be a problem because the ship's existence and performance confer no advantage to the owner in that scenario. Everything is relative.

However, abusing powers or tech for arbitary advantage is Godmoding. For example, using FTL cold fusion-powered spaceships with ultrashields against a modern battleship would be godmoding if the RP'er commanding the latter did not agree to their existence beforehand; in other words, you can't force a higher tech level on another player.

Of course, in this forum there is a very thin line between Godmodding and acceptable content, so your best course of action would be to discuss it in the OOC and see where your limits lie.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:31 pm

I should write a Nightkill's Guide to Magic RPs one day.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

One day.

I'm going to occupy myself with condensing several guides to a bite-sized format for P2TM. Otherwise I'd feel the need to join RPs only to let everyone down in two weeks when my exams start.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

Nightkill, you're quite good at supernatural wordbuilding and lore. The magic system you tend to use is quite simple and not much defined, still. It feels more like....superpowers, than magic.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I should write a Nightkill's Guide to Magic RPs one day.

Nightkill, you're quite good at supernatural wordbuilding and lore. The magic system you tend to use is quite simple and not much defined, still. It feels more like....superpowers, than magic.

Exactly. Mine would be "Fuck you, have fun."
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Pokemon RPs don't seem uncommon here, so I'd like to suggest Bulbapedia's addition to the list of resources, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Pokemon RPs don't seem uncommon here, so I'd like to suggest Bulbapedia's addition to the list of resources, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

I'll get around to doing that once I make a new thread. Sentinel is pretty busy in RL, so I'm going to try and merge the Book with the Compendium.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Esternial wrote:I'll get around to doing that once I make a new thread. Sentinel is pretty busy in RL, so I'm going to try and merge the Book with the Compendium.

I thought Sent said he was leaving. Did he change his mind?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Esternial wrote:I'll get around to doing that once I make a new thread. Sentinel is pretty busy in RL, so I'm going to try and merge the Book with the Compendium.

Well, I think he already has, but nothing says he won't come back, right?

That's also why the Mods will be keeping this thread in case he wants to return to his post.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Esternial wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Well, I think he already has, but nothing says he won't come back, right?

That's also why the Mods will be keeping this thread in case he wants to return to his post.

Ah, OK. Just curious.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, I think he already has, but nothing says he won't come back, right?

Ah, OK. Just curious.

Well, nobody can stay away forever ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse