NATION

PASSWORD

School for evolved humans (IC: Part two)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rustika
Minister

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:52 am

Michael walked along the school grounds, looking for friendly super humans, or even the school guards. He turned as gunfire sounded, near the cafeteria. He jogged towards the building, cautiously advancing without blowing his cover. He looked down at his arm, he would need to find someone soon to fix this bullet wound. A large bird like thing swooped into the building, and on the ground there was another superhuman. Michael emerged from the cover and began walking up to the guy, even though it was dark he faintly recognized him as Aaron,

"Hey over there. You seem to have a handle on things, hope you wouldn't mind, but could you tell me what exactly is going on? Amid all the commotion I didn't find out who these people are."
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 am

Rustika wrote:Michael walked along the school grounds, looking for friendly super humans, or even the school guards. He turned as gunfire sounded, near the cafeteria. He jogged towards the building, cautiously advancing without blowing his cover. He looked down at his arm, he would need to find someone soon to fix this bullet wound. A large bird like thing swooped into the building, and on the ground there was another superhuman. Michael emerged from the cover and began walking up to the guy, even though it was dark he faintly recognized him as Aaron,

"Hey over there. You seem to have a handle on things, hope you wouldn't mind, but could you tell me what exactly is going on? Amid all the commotion I didn't find out who these people are."

Aaron spun around and saw Michael. He had been slightly surprised at seeing him, but quickly recovered.

"Extremists who want us killed are in the school. They were holding hostages, but we freed them. There's currently only one small group of them left, and those are hidden somewhere on the second floor of the cafeteria. And they're not moving, or else I'd be able to tell where they are exactly. I'm going over there to take them out, and you're more than welcome to join me."

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 pm

bump.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Agritum wrote:
Asterdan wrote:
"Oh Lord.." Gale said.

He brought a few more weapons and then took one for himself.

"And now problem." he stated, then added, "Maybe these idiots got to them?"

"Then we are on our own. Luckily we aren't isolated, since most of us older students were at the party... still, I fear for the younger students. Aaron and other guys went to search for them. Oh, our last day there is turning out to be horrible..." Victoria said, putting her hands on her face...

Gale put his hand softly on her shoulder, firing sporadically.

"Victoria, it'll be okay." he said, he began to add something, but was cut off by a bullet, "What the-?!"

He turned, fired, and sent his attacker into the wall with his telekinesis. He smirked and remembered an especially violent way of killing someone he had seen on a show once. Gale decided to save it for their leader, and continued firing.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:02 pm

They had reached the cafeteria. Suddenly, there was a storm of bullets heading towards Aaron's group. Luckily, no student had decided to head to the cafeteria yet. Aaron raise a wall of earthen rock to protect his group from bullets. He saw Tyson. He signaled to Tyson to head around and hit them from behind. He turned to the other two members of his group.

"You guys can either stay behind the wall, where you'll be safe, or you can head up the stairs on the right, and hit them from the side. I'll hit them from another angle. Just be ready for them to fight back."

He then did something that he had never tried before: Instead of running, or burrowing into the ground, he simply skated across the ground, causing him to move very fast and sent debris flying everywhere. When he was directly underneath the group of snipers, he pierced the bottom of the second floor with a pillar of rock. He then traveled up the pillar of rock, and then took out a nearby sniper by hitting him in the back of the head with a chair. He then lifted up a table and took cover behind it, while sending spikes of rock flying towards the other snipers. He could feel that something was wrong, but he didn't know what it was.

Foamy XIII
Envoy

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Foamy XIII » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 pm

It was strange to be part of a group whose members he had never known before. As Hood ascended the stairs as suggested, he turned over what the taller boy had asked him.

"What's your power...?"

What was his power?

He could send things flying back at their senders, burst flesh like balloons, refocus energy, but what else could he do?
Shouts and yelling could be heard from the next room atop the stairs. Most likely the other boy had already engaged the masked men. Hood walked faster and entered the second floor cafeteria, where the taller boy was already smashing at the group of armed masked men. He took a few more steps forward and quickly judged the situation. By bending the light around his body he rendered himself virtually invisible to the human eye and surveyed what was going on. As quickly as he had judged, he knew what he had to do.

Walking within two metres of the masked gang, who were firing at the table that the older boy had taken cover behind, Hood focused the recoil coming from each rifle, then magnified each force by a thousandfold. This had the effect of sending all those targeted smashing into the opposite wall, where they lay still and bleeding. Still the same emotionless face.

Hood removed his own invisibility and turned to face the older boy with the same, emotionless grey eyes. The older boy was looking up, around and below, presumably looking for more masked men. Hood made a noise. The older boy looked at Hood, then the mass of tangled, bleeding bodies at the other end of the room.
"They know enough to turn your exhaust pipe into a mortar. I believe Buicks make the best mortars."
-The Quiet American (Graham Greene)

"It's the horde of Genghis Khan! We are doooooooomed!"
Merkids, AoE2

Flammaland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Tyson nodded and flew behind them, sending wave upon wave of fire, burning their flesh, turning them into ash. The remaining militants turned and begain to fire, that was what drove him over. Feathers begain flowing down his arms in red ink, followed by a rolling cover of fire, his fingernails turned into talons, his wings extended by another couple of feet and the lower half of his face contorted into a beak. He was the pheionex. His eyes, which were beady and black, flew around the room, taking in every detail, from the guns in the extremists hands to the spiderwebs on the top left hand comer. He shrieked, and the shriek could be heard in every corner of the school. He flapped his wings, sending a wave of heat and fire raining down upon the enemy, the remaing of whom soon fled to the other end of the room to escape his wrath.
Last edited by Flammaland on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on AEST time zone so I probably won't reply to posts or TMs until what most of you consider very late at night.

My Nationstates nation does not reflect my actual views etc.

Reselia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:48 am

Nicholas, once he had secured the room where the hostages were and made sure the extremists were tied up, gagged, and that the students and others had weapons, transformed yet again, this time angling towards the more subtle approach of a gryphon. Squawking like mad, he flew out of the window and flew round the island to bulldoze through the wall of the room Gale and Victoria were in.

As he broke up the huddle around the wall, he cawed "Missed me?" Then he grinned - as much as that is possible for a gryphon to do.
'The people united can never be ignited'~ Guards! Guards! Terry Pratchett

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
3- Military Mobilisation (High Alertness)
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Rustika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 am

In his reptilian form Michael climbed along the wall, he keep creeping up it until he was hanging off the ceiling. And he continued, beneath him he saw men dropping their weapons and fleeing from the Phoenix and the other two guys. Others fled before turning and firing again, though they all huddled on one end of the cafeteria. He looked down and confirmed he was directly above the men, he dropped into their midst, landing on his feet. The men around him had barely any time to register what was happening before he began attacking. He lunged forward biting down on the neck of a helpless militant, in his reptilian form Michael had sharpened fangs, which exude deadly venom. He opened his jaw letting the dead body fall onto the floor before moving on, in the dark room the men had little potential to defend themselves against the hulking reptile, he tore them apart with claws and fangs. Within the space of fifteen seconds he was done, and Michael stepped back to do a body count, thirteen he thought to himself, not bad. He looked across the cafeteria and called out,

"Its clear over here, Im thinking that might be all of them!"
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

Flammaland
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:30 am

Tyson swooped and landed beside him, squawking, his voice robbed of him by the transformation. Eventually he made a series of clicks and whistles that could only be morse code. Basically he said "Maybe, need to do a sweep, Aaron..." he stopped and cocked his head. Then he let out a shriek that sounded like ten thousand fingernails being scrapped down a blackboard, he had heard Nicholas. He flapped his wings and flew out the window.
I'm on AEST time zone so I probably won't reply to posts or TMs until what most of you consider very late at night.

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am

Aaron had been impressed by the younger student's powers, but soon refocused on how the battle was going on. There were few of the opposing group that remained, and Aaron seemed to be the only person who tried to keep them all alive. He mentally sighed. For every person they killed, that was another piece of propaganda that could be used against them later on. He amplified his earth sense, and found that there were no more enemies on the island. However, before he could tell the others of this, there was an announcement over the speakers.

"This is the headmaster. Due to the recent attack, all students are to make their way off of the island. The planes are temporarily disabled, so students should either find their own way back to the mainland, or take one of the four newly available boats. Thank you." The announcement said.

Aaron heard the announcement, and looked at the students who had just helped him.

"Head outside near the front entrance if you need a ride back to the mainland. I can send us there." He then started running back to where the party used to be, and passed by Gale and Victoria, and told them the same thing. He then continued on to the party room, and found Margaret amongst all the others who came rushing out of the room. He reached out and grabbed her before she could see him, and waved her over.

"Hey. I can send us and a group of people over to the mainland, if you want to come."

Reselia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 am

What with the new announcements, Nicholas cawed to freedom, switching to his favourite form, that of Dragon, and bolting out into the sky as was indeed written in the family annals in prophecy:

"The Dragon shall fly as the cage will crumble and the haters die;
more shall come as peril flies and the dark wings of hate enclose the world;
Nevertheless, the light must triumph;
Companions like the earth one be;
the Dragon, the one of ice;
The Pheonix of lost strife;
and what a gust of wind much strengthened is."

OOC: Do note that I love prophecies and I made casual reference to all in some way. If I did miss you (I think I missed someone, do let me know.
'The people united can never be ignited'~ Guards! Guards! Terry Pratchett

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
3- Military Mobilisation (High Alertness)
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 am

Plactianation wrote:Aaron had been impressed by the younger student's powers, but soon refocused on how the battle was going on. There were few of the opposing group that remained, and Aaron seemed to be the only person who tried to keep them all alive. He mentally sighed. For every person they killed, that was another piece of propaganda that could be used against them later on. He amplified his earth sense, and found that there were no more enemies on the island. However, before he could tell the others of this, there was an announcement over the speakers.

"This is the headmaster. Due to the recent attack, all students are to make their way off of the island. The planes are temporarily disabled, so students should either find their own way back to the mainland, or take one of the four newly available boats. Thank you." The announcement said.

Aaron heard the announcement, and looked at the students who had just helped him.

"Head outside near the front entrance if you need a ride back to the mainland. I can send us there." He then started running back to where the party used to be, and passed by Gale and Victoria, and told them the same thing. He then continued on to the party room, and found Margaret amongst all the others who came rushing out of the room. He reached out and grabbed her before she could see him, and waved her over.

"Hey. I can send us and a group of people over to the mainland, if you want to come."

After hearing Aaron speak, Victoria turned towards Gale, patting him on the shoulder. "Come on, we gotta go!"
A couple of other students, including the Twins, followed Victoria through the hallways. It seemed that they would have to do a little journey by surfing a wave of earth, before going back to their homes.
"Oh, I hate terrorists!"
Last edited by Agritum on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rustika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 am

Michael transformed back into his human form, now that the fighting was over he would rather not scare anybody and accidentally get attacked by any of the students who might mistake him for an attacker. He grabbed a cereal bar from the cafeteria as the announcement from the head master was delivered. He began eating the bar as Aaron offered his help to the guys in the cafeteria. He nodded and tossed the empty wrapper into the trash before heading out of the building, he watched as Aaron ran off somewhere, probably to get other people. He jogged over to the main entrance, on the way he noticed groups of panicked students trying to make calls home and generally freaking out. He couldn't help but wonder how he would get them all to the mainland.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

Agritum wrote:
Plactianation wrote:Aaron had been impressed by the younger student's powers, but soon refocused on how the battle was going on. There were few of the opposing group that remained, and Aaron seemed to be the only person who tried to keep them all alive. He mentally sighed. For every person they killed, that was another piece of propaganda that could be used against them later on. He amplified his earth sense, and found that there were no more enemies on the island. However, before he could tell the others of this, there was an announcement over the speakers.

After hearing Aaron speak, Victoria turned towards Gale, patting him on the shoulder. "Come on, we gotta go!"
A couple of other students, including the Twins, followed Victoria through the hallways. It seemed that they would have to do a little journey by surfing a wave of earth, before going back to their homes.
"Oh, I hate terrorists!"

"Me too." Gale said, "I'm tempted to stay here and just fight these freaks."

Gale grimaced as he looked over his shoulder back towards the terrorists. He suddenly turned heel and began running back towards the school: cocunuts, rocks, etc. being raised telekinetically to be used as weapons.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Flammaland
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Tyson returned to human form and flew up, surveying the island. He was reminded of a section from the Tuan Scroll, an ancient Irish text that could foretell the future. Then, he collapsed, falling out of the sky like a rock, falling, hurtling towards the ground.
Last edited by Flammaland on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:04 pm

After having led a batch of students to the safety of the barricade that Victoria and others had set up, Margaret decided to stay nearby and help defend the barricade. After a while there weren't any more extremists, and the hostage situation seemed to have been defused, no doubt thanks to the efforts of the other students that had gone off to fend off the terrorists. Once the place was relatively safe, Margaret sat down, relaxing and catching her breath. It had been a rather intense situation, after all. By then her dress was stained with some blood, as well as her own face, though on the former it was barely noticeable, due to the dress itself being red.

Suddenly, Margaret heard the announcement that the Headmaster had made. It seemed that they all had to get off the island. Since she had no way of getting out of there herself, she assumed she would have to take one of the four boats to the mainland. Thus, she stood up and waited for the student mass that was surrounding the door to dissipate. However, before she walked out of the room, she felt someone grab her, and turned around to see Aaron there.

"Of course I want to come. I don't want to stay here any more than necessary." Was Margaret's response to what Aaron said.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Aaron nodded and guided Margaret towards the front of the school where he was supposed to meet the others. When he got there, he found them standing around the front entrance, like he told them to, but the headmaster was there as well. This was strange for Aaron. Was he abandoning the school? Suddenly, the headmaster pulled a book out and handed it to Aaron.

"You're heading back to the mainland with the largest group of graduated students. I'd like to trust this book to you. I hope that you find it helpful." He said, as he walked away.

~Well, that was strange.~ Aaron thought.

He walked over to the group.

"Alright, we're heading back now. Shouldn't take very long." He said.

He raised the earth to completely surround the group, and they burrowed down and under the ocean, eventually emerging on the mainland. It took about five minutes, and Aaron had to concentrate the entire time, unable to talk.

______

When they reached the mainland, Aaron opened his eyes again. He was in the city that he had gotten the cake from. It was dark outside, with barely any sound. Apparently, the people who were meant to pick them up from the airport had received orders to meet them there instead. This was it. From here on out, they'd be on their own again. Aaron grew sad at the thought. He turned to the rest of the group, and he grew even sadder.

Rustika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Michael looked around, shocked at how fast they traveled a trip which otherwise would have required hours on a plane. Surprisingly not many people showed up at the front gate. He walked up to Aaron,

"So I guess this is it. Before we go our separate ways, could I ask you, what exactly is that book?" He looked down at the book wondering why the headmaster would give it to a student.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

Flammaland
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Tyson's eyes flew open and he just managed to get airborne, only about a metre from certain death. He saw Aaron and his group and quickly flew after them, he had seen that book before, or at least, something that looked very similar. He landed behind them and threw a fire ball in to the air, which exploded, drawing everybodys attention.

Foamy XIII
Envoy

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Foamy XIII » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 am

Hood listened to the headmaster's words without comment. With a silent look around at all the bodies, debris and shattered future that he faced, he turned and departed for the front entrance. He arrived there, the most withdrawn at all, gazing into the expanse of dark waters.

As the older boy transported them to the mainland, Hood thought about his future for a moment. He was to separate with his new but briefly acquantainced companions, just like how he had left his dead mother and father. He was to be off wandering like the darker days of his early life, unwanted, like any sewer rat. Albeit a sewer rat with extraordinary powers.
"They know enough to turn your exhaust pipe into a mortar. I believe Buicks make the best mortars."
-The Quiet American (Graham Greene)

"It's the horde of Genghis Khan! We are doooooooomed!"
Merkids, AoE2

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:12 am

Plactianation wrote:Aaron nodded and guided Margaret towards the front of the school where he was supposed to meet the others. When he got there, he found them standing around the front entrance, like he told them to, but the headmaster was there as well. This was strange for Aaron. Was he abandoning the school? Suddenly, the headmaster pulled a book out and handed it to Aaron.

"You're heading back to the mainland with the largest group of graduated students. I'd like to trust this book to you. I hope that you find it helpful." He said, as he walked away.

~Well, that was strange.~ Aaron thought.

He walked over to the group.

"Alright, we're heading back now. Shouldn't take very long." He said.

He raised the earth to completely surround the group, and they burrowed down and under the ocean, eventually emerging on the mainland. It took about five minutes, and Aaron had to concentrate the entire time, unable to talk.

______

When they reached the mainland, Aaron opened his eyes again. He was in the city that he had gotten the cake from. It was dark outside, with barely any sound. Apparently, the people who were meant to pick them up from the airport had received orders to meet them there instead. This was it. From here on out, they'd be on their own again. Aaron grew sad at the thought. He turned to the rest of the group, and he grew even sadder.

Victoria, who had followed Aaron along with Gale, the Twins and a couple of other students, turned towards Aaron, scanning the darkness around them.
"Uh...so we have to wait for the governmental personel to come and take us to our homes, right? So...this will be the last time we stay together as schoolmates?" Victoria said in a sad manner, taking a look at Gale and the others...

Flammaland
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:17 am

Tyson stepped forward and said "Aaron, show me the book the head master gave you, it's vital that I see it." he had definitely seen another book that looked identical, the Tuan Scroll, which wasn't actually a scroll but that's what everybody called it, so, why break with tradition.

Plactianation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Plactianation » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:36 am

Aaron sighed as Tyson created an explosion.

"You're a guy with flaming wings soaring across a night sky. You don't have to make yourself even more obvious." He muttered.

When asked to hand over the book, he simply replied:

"I'll just read it out loud. It looks like there's only one page written on in the entire book anyways."

The book read:

"The ultimate battle

The ultimate battle shall be fought by factions five
One of numbers
One of skill
One of supplies
One or surprise
And one of power
Each shall journey to find an advantage over all the others, and all shall succeed
However, only one advantage shall count
An Ally. THE ally.
Will decide who wins and who loses in the end."

Aaron stopped talking, since that was where it ended.

"I don't know what it is, but it sure doesn't sound good."

At that exact moment, several black cars pulled up on the nearby road. Aaron frowned. He wanted to spend more time with his old classmates, but he had to say goodbye at some point. He waved good-bye to everyone and jumped into the car that was supposed to drive him home.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 am

Plactianation wrote:Aaron sighed as Tyson created an explosion.

"You're a guy with flaming wings soaring across a night sky. You don't have to make yourself even more obvious." He muttered.

When asked to hand over the book, he simply replied:

"I'll just read it out loud. It looks like there's only one page written on in the entire book anyways."

The book read:

"The ultimate battle

The ultimate battle shall be fought by factions five
One of numbers
One of skill
One of supplies
One or surprise
And one of power
Each shall journey to find an advantage over all the others, and all shall succeed
However, only one advantage shall count
An Ally. THE ally.
Will decide who wins and who loses in the end."

Aaron stopped talking, since that was where it ended.

"I don't know what it is, but it sure doesn't sound good."

At that exact moment, several black cars pulled up on the nearby road. Aaron frowned. He wanted to spend more time with his old classmates, but he had to say goodbye at some point. He waved good-bye to everyone and jumped into the car that was supposed to drive him home.

"Goodbye, Aaron!" Victoria said sadly, before hugging Margaret "Goodbye, Margaret..."
She turned towards Gale for a moment, approaching him and giving him a light hugh..."Goodbye, Gale..."
With this, she noticed her car, and climbed in, waving at her friends.
"I hope that this trip won't take too long...I want to see my parents again" she tought outloud.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse