NATION

PASSWORD

Convergence <IC | See SignUp to Join>

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Teotan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Earth-Convergence

Fray Felicidad was confused. Confused slightly, but not put off. He'd been through worse, especially in Nicaragua during the Nicaraguan War. Maybe the bastards up there would know. Someone had to be causing the rips in space time, something stronger than any Earth Mage or even the Atomic Man. Although judging by their appearance, they were not exactly sure of the situation. Even from 100 yards away, he could tell the people were confused. The Rat Owner was checking his red and white balls, while there was another man who was talking to a wolf. A big wolf too. The Asian girl seemed at peace though off kilter, as if it disturbed her only slightly.

The Fray stood up, checking his person. Two Ruger Vaqueros, both loaded. Twelve rounds, plus the thirty six on his person. Ideally, he'd go back to the town and find one of his safe houses, pulling a shot gun and a sniper. But he needed answers. Now. He sprinted up, weapons drawn.

"Oye, que chingados pasa? What's going on?"

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Teotan wrote:Earth-Convergence

Fray Felicidad was confused. Confused slightly, but not put off. He'd been through worse, especially in Nicaragua during the Nicaraguan War. Maybe the bastards up there would know. Someone had to be causing the rips in space time, something stronger than any Earth Mage or even the Atomic Man. Although judging by their appearance, they were not exactly sure of the situation. Even from 100 yards away, he could tell the people were confused. The Rat Owner was checking his red and white balls, while there was another man who was talking to a wolf. A big wolf too. The Asian girl seemed at peace though off kilter, as if it disturbed her only slightly.

The Fray stood up, checking his person. Two Ruger Vaqueros, both loaded. Twelve rounds, plus the thirty six on his person. Ideally, he'd go back to the town and find one of his safe houses, pulling a shot gun and a sniper. But he needed answers. Now. He sprinted up, weapons drawn.

Winston was startled at the hooded man that ran up to them with some strange weaponry, as he pulled one of the many deadly and decorative flintlock pistols that were held in the loops and straps on his clothing, as well as the large ivory-and-silver-crafted cavalry saber. The young messenger took a step back but the soldier at Winston's side took aim with his musket.

"STEP BACK!" Winston began shouting, but upon hearing the man's question replied, still brandishing his weapons. "We don't know...things...are just a bloody disaster, we think our own worlds, the worlds we're supposed to be in, seperated from each other, have somehow come together in some strange phenomenon. Like I said, a bloody disaster."
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:16 pm

"I am not certain, but I get the feeling more places are about to join us." Ai floated off the ground to separate herself from the jolt caused by the imminent impact of what appeared to be Helheim.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Teotan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Teotan wrote:Earth-Convergence

Winston was startled at the hooded man that ran up to them with some strange weaponry, as he pulled one of the many deadly and decorative flintlock pistols that were held in the loops and straps on his clothing, as well as the large ivory-and-silver-crafted cavalry saber. The young messenger took a step back but the soldier at Winston's side took aim with his musket.

"STEP BACK!" Winston began shouting, but upon hearing the man's question replied, still brandishing his weapons. "We don't know...things...are just a bloody disaster, we think our own worlds, the worlds we're supposed to be in, seperated from each other, have somehow come together in some strange phenomenon. Like I said, a bloody disaster."

"It's not a bloo'y disastah" the Fray said, mocking the faded British accent, "until you or I pulls the trigger. I don't plan to. And I hope you don't, because you only have one shot. However, I'm here for answers, not your blood. What do you know, and who the fuck are these people?"

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Teotan wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Winston was startled at the hooded man that ran up to them with some strange weaponry, as he pulled one of the many deadly and decorative flintlock pistols that were held in the loops and straps on his clothing, as well as the large ivory-and-silver-crafted cavalry saber. The young messenger took a step back but the soldier at Winston's side took aim with his musket.

"It's not a bloo'y disastah" the Fray said, mocking the faded British accent, "until you or I pulls the trigger. I don't plan to. And I hope you don't, because you only have one shot. However, I'm here for answers, not your blood. What do you know, and who the fuck are these people?"

"Even if I did," Winston said with a small smirk, pulling open his coat to reveal a whole arsenal of similar pistols, locked and loaded, "A good soldier's always carrying more than one flintlock." he said, lowering his pistol but keeping his saber in hand. "We know we're not supposed to be here, and these people are no one I should know. And I hardly think you should come over here trying to extract information from us at gunpoint, I may be your average British-traitor-turned-revolutionary, but my companions seem to be...quite powerful." he said, lowering his silver blade only slightly.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 pm

"You are in the Realm of Eternal Twilight, which appears to be merging with the places that everyone else knows. Also, I'd appreciate it if we would not discharge weaponry in here, lest it somehow upset whatever force has caused these events and cause our current situation to worsen."
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

OOC: The 6 Pokemon Ash will be using are Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Snorlax, Bulbasaur, and Muk. Not necessarily his team from a particular series, but still only 6.

IC: Ash turned and began to walk away from the battle with Pikachu on his shoulder. Behind him, Charizard assured victory with a massive Flamethrower attack on his foe's Turtwig. Upon victory, Charizard went back into his Pokeball awaiting the next time Ash called upon him for duty.

Ash continued down the road on his way to Sinnoh's Resort Area from some well deserved R&R. His travels were disturbed by some rustling in the woods. He looked at Pikachu and the Electric-type had a puzzled expression on its face. Ash ran in towards the noise and Pikachu soon leaped down from his shoulder and ran ahead. He stopped in front of a tiny sinkhloe and Ash bent down next to him to examine it. It quickly grew bigger and Ash gasped as he and Pikachu fell into the hole. As the two fell into an unexplained void, it seemed much of the surrounding land was joining them. Soon the route and even a building or two had come into the fray.

Ash woke up on a dirt road with Pikachu beside him. He had no idea where they were. He couldn't even process what might have happened.

OOC: Since I don't really have any idea of what is going on, can someone just say, "Hey look, there's a kid with a giant mouse in the middle of the street"?
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Mewsland wrote:"You are in the Realm of Eternal Twilight, which appears to be merging with the places that everyone else knows. Also, I'd appreciate it if we would not discharge weaponry in here, lest it somehow upset whatever force has caused these events and cause our current situation to worsen."

"I wouldn't be surprised if whatever this is ends up being some other ridiculous fantasy--at least from the views of my own universe." he said, finally sheathing his saber as he settled into a more relaxed and secure state. The soldier pulled him aside, tugging on his sleeve slightly. Winston followed, leaning close as the soldier whispered to him in a hushed tone of voice, his accent being rather different from most in his army, though he couldn't tell what nation it originated from, it wasn't English.

"Sir, if I may say so, I don't trust these people." the soldier said.

"What's your name soldier?" Winston whispered in return.

"Sullivan. But that's not important, sir."

"Well Sullivan, I urge you to bear with me. You may not trust these people, and some of them I don't trust either, but they are the best hope we have of getting back to the world we're supposed to be in and back to our normal lives, although our lives may be changed for better or worse." he said, reassuring the soldier. Here, he stepped back towards the group with his loyal revolutionary at his side and the messenger boy still wide eyed with fear or excitement, maybe both as far as Winston could tell.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

"How incredibly rude of myself. I just realized I never introduced myself. My name is Ai. Some of you may know me as the Hell Girl, or various translations thereof."

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 pm

"Well finest greetings Ai, but it appears there's been another...rip in some universe..." he said, pointing towards a young man that had fallen onto the sandy beaches of the shore with a large yellow rodent companion, who's tail seemed to resemble the pattern of a lightning bolt.

The revolutionary soldier at Winston's side aimed his rifle towards the creature. "Good god, what is that thing?" he said, keeping steady aim on the creature. Winston grabbed his musket by the barrel, lowering the weapon until it pointed towards the ground just above the soldier's boots.

"Whatever it is it sure is...strange. But that's the new normal I suppose." he said. "Are you okay over there?" he called out between his cupped hands at the figure on the ground.

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Lancearc wrote:"Well finest greetings Ai, but it appears there's been another...rip in some universe..." he said, pointing towards a young man that had fallen onto the sandy beaches of the shore with a large yellow rodent companion, who's tail seemed to resemble the pattern of a lightning bolt.

The revolutionary soldier at Winston's side aimed his rifle towards the creature. "Good god, what is that thing?" he said, keeping steady aim on the creature. Winston grabbed his musket by the barrel, lowering the weapon until it pointed towards the ground just above the soldier's boots.

"Whatever it is it sure is...strange. But that's the new normal I suppose." he said. "Are you okay over there?" he called out between his cupped hands at the figure on the ground.

Ash heard the man's call and pryed himself from the ground. "I'm alright, I guess." Ash pushed himself up and Pikachu leaped up onto his shoulder. He wiped some of the sand off of his shirt and began to walk up to the other people. "Does anyone know what's happening? I'm pretty sure sinkholes don't lead to voids."
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Vaugania wrote:
Lancearc wrote:"Well finest greetings Ai, but it appears there's been another...rip in some universe..." he said, pointing towards a young man that had fallen onto the sandy beaches of the shore with a large yellow rodent companion, who's tail seemed to resemble the pattern of a lightning bolt.

Ash heard the man's call and pryed himself from the ground. "I'm alright, I guess." Ash pushed himself up and Pikachu leaped up onto his shoulder. He wiped some of the sand off of his shirt and began to walk up to the other people. "Does anyone know what's happening? I'm pretty sure sinkholes don't lead to voids."

"Sinkhole eh? Mine was a bit more exciting, I got sucked into a rip in the air itself, but other than that...Well, it seems that all universes that exist in some kind of 'multi-verse' if you will are colliding, if what she says can be believed." he said, motioning towards Ai. "And we don't know how exactly to get back to our respective time periods and universes." he said, sighing. "So it seems as though you and your friend are stuck here for the time being. So, I assume you've a name?" he asked, adjusting the saber on his hip.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Fenrir looked at the yellow rat and growled at it, attempting to communicate. He hadn't eaten for millennia, and he would soon have to hunt; if only to satisfy his waking mind's instincts. "So how about we skip introductions and move on to the point where we go back to wherever we came from? Now that Gleipnir has released its hold on me, I am once again free to run through mine own world. Easy meat is available."
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Malshan wrote:Fenrir looked at the yellow rat and growled at it, attempting to communicate. He hadn't eaten for millennia, and he would soon have to hunt; if only to satisfy his waking mind's instincts. "So how about we skip introductions and move on to the point where we go back to wherever we came from? Now that Gleipnir has released its hold on me, I am once again free to run through mine own world. Easy meat is available."

Winston gazed over at the wolf-man hybrid creature. "Well as much as I'd like to, it doesn't really seem as though that's an option right now...We still don't know how our world swaps worked and how to make these rips--or sinkholes, in some cases--appear, or how to make them take us to where we want. Or, more importantly, how to make the damn things stop." he said, adjusting the tri-cornered hat that he wore, which had begun to hang down over his eyes to his annoyance.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teotan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Vaugania wrote:

"Clearly you've never been to Tijuana on a Saturday night. Oh, this kind of void." said Fray Felicidad. The yellow rat was following the boy, which was strange. Too young to be involved with this crowd of soldiers and... whatever that wolf thing was. This world was beginning to be full of surprises.

"Ai, señorita," he said, looking at the dangerous girl. In his experience, the younger they started the more dangerous they were, since they were amateurs. "Do you have any idea on how to fix this? There is a city of 600,000 damned souls in the desert. They must be saved."

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm

As the man who had an accent he didn't recognize--though he almost sounded and spoke a little bit of Spanish, although something was off with the dialect which he used--began speaking to Ai, the three British once again seperated from the group, walking over to the treeline to whisper among themselves. Winston was the first to speak to his two subordinates, starting with a long pause. "The King has managed to find his way here. While I have no doubt that he will be easy pray for some of the stronger beings, that is what worries me. I want this to be ours alone, this revenge." he said, only slightly audible even among the group.

The young messenger spoke up. "How do we know he didn't get sucked into another one of those portals?" he asked, gazing up at Winston as he spoke.

"We don't. That's the trouble of it. He doesn't deserve to live, in our dimension or another. We need to make it our responsibility to hunt and kill him whenever and wherever we can. You two may have more spare time than I, as I'm trying to help the group understand what exactly is going on...Though I can't understand it myself." he said with a nod. "If you two see him, kill him. Quickly. Don't give him time to run or call out for any kind of help.

With his message conveyed, he and his group returned to the larger congregation.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Ai was deep in thought as to a solution, before she returned to the conversation at hand. "I have many ideas on how to fix it. The problem is that none of them come without an extreme risk of destroying ourselves if I am wrong. We must be certain of a solution before we act. As for your six hundred thousand damned souls, I put up with millions, perhaps billions, every day. Six hundred thousand are immaterial."

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:34 am

Wheatley stared at the new arrivals, but was distracted by a sound. The three other personality cores rolled out of the woods. Wheatley groaned "I can think of at least two things I would do to you, if I had hands." The adventure core was about to start insulting Wheatley, but a large flash and explosion distracted them. Wheatley and the other cores watched as huge amounts of dirt flew out into the distance, replaced by the underground Aperture complex, as well as an aboveground shack, which lead straight down into the complex. the adventure core flew through the air, and landed on a strange pale girl. Wheatley flew towards a boy, and landed on a strange rat. Wheatley's eye swivelled around, and he saw a pikachu. "Hey! I'm a big fan of pokemon! When I was connected to a giant AI that eventually turned me insane, one of my favourite things to do was play pokemon with the turrets, when I wasn't reading Machiavelli or forcing people to undergo horrible tests for my own amusement. the fact core landed near the lake, next to an old fashioned looking man equipped with many pistols. "Fact: The americans won the revolutionary war only because of the alien space-" "Space?" "-bats, who allied with the revolutionaries because of their dental floss, which they used as building material." The space core also landed near Ash, he shook himself and turned to the boy. "Space. Ba-ba-ba, space. Wanna go to space? I like space. Do you like space? Are you in space?"
Signatures are so 2014.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:35 am

Utceforp wrote:Wheatley stared at the new arrivals, but was distracted by a sound. The three other personality cores rolled out of the woods. Wheatley groaned "I can think of at least two things I would do to you, if I had hands." The adventure core was about to start insulting Wheatley, but a large flash and explosion distracted them. Wheatley and the other cores watched as huge amounts of dirt flew out into the distance, replaced by the underground Aperture complex, as well as an aboveground shack, which lead straight down into the complex. the adventure core flew through the air, and landed on a strange pale girl. Wheatley flew towards a boy, and landed on a strange rat. Wheatley's eye swivelled around, and he saw a pikachu. "Hey! I'm a big fan of pokemon! When I was connected to a giant AI that eventually turned me insane, one of my favourite things to do was play pokemon with the turrets, when I wasn't reading Machiavelli or forcing people to undergo horrible tests for my own amusement. the fact core landed near the lake, next to an old fashioned looking man equipped with many pistols. "Fact: The americans won the revolutionary war only because of the alien space-" "Space?" "-bats, who allied with the revolutionaries because of their dental floss, which they used as building material." The space core also landed near Ash, he shook himself and turned to the boy. "Space. Ba-ba-ba, space. Wanna go to space? I like space. Do you like space? Are you in space?"

"Well...That's an interesting version to say the least." he said, gazing down at the metal sphere that had landed by his feet. "Sadly I can believe it." he finished, gazing over at Ai as she spoke."I'm willing to try anything, but yeah, let's save death risk for our last resort...Any other ideas that can help us get back without killing ourselves?" he asked, hopeful.

Teotan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:30 am

Mewsland wrote:Ai was deep in thought as to a solution, before she returned to the conversation at hand. "I have many ideas on how to fix it. The problem is that none of them come without an extreme risk of destroying ourselves if I am wrong. We must be certain of a solution before we act. As for your six hundred thousand damned souls, I put up with millions, perhaps billions, every day. Six hundred thousand are immaterial."

"I would rather die a thousand times over than kill an innocent. These six hundred thousand may be immaterial to you, but they are an entire city. One that has disappeared from my world. It is of grave importance to fix this to the best."

The idea of mass murder, although not taboo to Fray Felicidad, was certainly unwanted if it involved killing civilians. He had killed many people in his lifetime, often wondering if he had crossed into the four digit body count. While he had killed the least in the bloodiest situation he had been presented, the hamstringing of the Cuban Army during the '90's had killed a helluva lot of people. But none were innocent.

The Cores rolled up, and Fray Felicidad was tempted to shoot one. Or all three, plus the blue one. They would be a nuisance to him. And he hated nuisances. Especially if they ranted on like an acid tripping Hunter S. Thompson, screaming about the American Revolution and Alien Space Bats. No doubt it could be right, but getting hit with the factoid equivalent of an anti materiel rifle was not helping the situation.

"Oye, Cores. Don't tempt a psychopath to take unsavory measures to keep the peace." One of the cores mentioned some kind of a game, pokemon. It was completely alien to Fray Felicidad, figuratively. Based on deduction, he concluded that it involved pitting the rat or something else against another animal. Since they were animals, there were barely any non violent options involved. And since humanity loved her blood and guts, it was most likely glorified cockfighting.
"And as for you, Tijuana cockfight boy, keep that rat from doing whatever that rat can do. Unless it involves getting us out of here."

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 am

Teotan wrote:
Mewsland wrote:Ai was deep in thought as to a solution, before she returned to the conversation at hand. "I have many ideas on how to fix it. The problem is that none of them come without an extreme risk of destroying ourselves if I am wrong. We must be certain of a solution before we act. As for your six hundred thousand damned souls, I put up with millions, perhaps billions, every day. Six hundred thousand are immaterial."

"I would rather die a thousand times over than kill an innocent. These six hundred thousand may be immaterial to you, but they are an entire city. One that has disappeared from my world. It is of grave importance to fix this to the best."

The idea of mass murder, although not taboo to Fray Felicidad, was certainly unwanted if it involved killing civilians. He had killed many people in his lifetime, often wondering if he had crossed into the four digit body count. While he had killed the least in the bloodiest situation he had been presented, the hamstringing of the Cuban Army during the '90's had killed a helluva lot of people. But none were innocent.

The Cores rolled up, and Fray Felicidad was tempted to shoot one. Or all three, plus the blue one. They would be a nuisance to him. And he hated nuisances. Especially if they ranted on like an acid tripping Hunter S. Thompson, screaming about the American Revolution and Alien Space Bats. No doubt it could be right, but getting hit with the factoid equivalent of an anti materiel rifle was not helping the situation.

"Oye, Cores. Don't tempt a psychopath to take unsavory measures to keep the peace." One of the cores mentioned some kind of a game, pokemon. It was completely alien to Fray Felicidad, figuratively. Based on deduction, he concluded that it involved pitting the rat or something else against another animal. Since they were animals, there were barely any non violent options involved. And since humanity loved her blood and guts, it was most likely glorified cockfighting.
"And as for you, Tijuana cockfight boy, keep that rat from doing whatever that rat can do. Unless it involves getting us out of here."

Fenrir snarled, "There are no such things as innocents. There are only predators and the prey that they hunt. So called 'civilizations' are simply an intelligent prey's version of a herd. The weak group together in order to struggle more effectively against the strong. It is only natural that such weak beings die by the teeth and claws of their predators. It is simply the natural order of things."
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 am

Anomander Rake
Moon's spawn, Genabackis,
Gods walk mountains,
Wu

The Son of Darkness gazed out from a balcony in the flying city that was Moon's spawn, his onyx black skin seeming to absorb all sunlight. With Empress Laseen's outlawing of the Malazan army present in Genabackis, he knew that this would likely facilitate an alliance with him and Tiste Andii, Caladan Brood, and prince K'azz D'avore's forces, with the intention of fighting the Pannion dominion, which was growing ever more powerful to the south, and could prove a threat to the Malazan empire. The outlawing was a simple excuse, so that armies that had been sworn enemies for the past few decades could join forces against the Pannion seer and his hordes of fanatics.

His eyes shifted from a deep silver to a hue of amber as he gazed at Silanah, perched upon a nearby archway. The red dragon regarded him steadily, her multi-faceted eyes glowing like beacons.

A strange indentation appeared in the ground before him, and soon a chaotic grey maelstrom rose up, swirling with both visible and invisible particles. What form of sorcery is this?
It suddenly expanded to engulf Anomander and his dragon companion; Silanah.

A bright swirling tunnel flashed before his eyes. Then everything cleared, and he found he was on a different world; most likely a sorcerous warren or another plane of existence. There were a multitude of unrecognizable people, creatures and things among his surroundings. Unfortunately, the gate that had taken him here was several metres above the ground. Silanah roared as she came through, wings pumping through the air.

Anomander opened the warren of Kurald Galain, and his descent was slowed greatly. A cloud of darkness covered his feet as he descended to the ground. He was unwilling to veer into his soletaken dragon form; it would not do to alarm those who were around him without time for assessing as much as he could about them.
Last edited by Videssos on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Teotan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am

Malshan wrote:
Teotan wrote:"I would rather die a thousand times over than kill an innocent. These six hundred thousand may be immaterial to you, but they are an entire city. One that has disappeared from my world. It is of grave importance to fix this to the best."

Fenrir snarled, "There are no such things as innocents. There are only predators and the prey that they hunt. So called 'civilizations' are simply an intelligent prey's version of a herd. The weak group together in order to struggle more effectively against the strong. It is only natural that such weak beings die by the teeth and claws of their predators. It is simply the natural order of things."

"Natural order of things? Look, Grandmother What Big Teeth You Have, where you come from there is a natural order. Me? I'm an example of humanity taking the natural order and savagely beating it with needles, drugs, and biophysical modification. By your 'natural order' I should be the size of English over here," Fray Felicidad beckoned to the Englishman, in his full colonial regalia, "as well as wrinkled and old. By your natural order, I shouldn't be able to take small to medium caliber pistol rounds to my body and live. So while I sit here and take a dump on your natural order, I will make sure we keep the town..."

A bright blue flash tore the sky open, once again, throwing something down to the group. Another one. Could be dangerous, following the pattern of dangerous beings dragged to this place. Energy emanated, a dark energy force that was giving off the worst vibes.

"...safe from whatever the hell came down. You, Big Bad Wolf, do you know what came from the sky?"

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:57 am

Howard simply listened to what the others had to say, hoping that they would shut up about inconsequential things and start helping with working out a solution. So far, the only person that had showed any concern in regards to finding a solution had been Ai, but the solution she had apparently found involved potentially being destroyed. He had died once, so he wasn't afraid of death, but he knew it wasn't a pleasant thing, specially to others that had not been brought back as a Reborn, such as himself.

"So what are your ideas on how to fix this mess, junior?" He asked Ai.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 am

"First thing, don't call me junior. I might look like I'm thirteen. I'm not.

As to solutions, I can think of three possibilities. First , whenever these different universe combine, there's always a massive surge of energy in this one. If we could create the inverse of that surge - in other words, an energy falloff - in all of the converged universes, I think that, based on the current unstable status of this... convergence... we should be able to stop the addition of new universes, if not cause the currently converged universes to separate. If I'm wrong, though, we could collapse the convergence and either draw in more universes or destroy all the converged universes and us with it.

Second, if the converged universes are truly able to interact on a level with this one, a large enough shockwave could force them to separate. However, that large of a shockwave again poses the risk of destroying one or more of the converged universes. However, it should seal the convergence.

Third, the convergence is still unstable, and the drawing in of universes is causing it to become more so, thus creating a positive feedback. If we could reverse the feedback, then we could cause the convergence to break apart without a hitch. We could also cause the universes to fly apart so fast that they break apart as well.

All three are without risk, and I'm not sure if what is causing this convergence is a natural trigger or something a little more distinctly artificial, from our perspectives. Until then, I can't be sure if any of my three solutions will do anything."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse