NATION

PASSWORD

Convergence <IC | See SignUp to Join>

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Mewsland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8347
Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Convergence <IC | See SignUp to Join>

Postby Mewsland » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 pm

June 6, 2012 - time unknown
Realm of Eternal Twilight, Earth 7 (Jigoku Shōjo Earth)


A pebble shoots across a lake.

Skipping the rock is none other than the Hell Girl herself. Ai sat at the edge of the lake in her golden-hour twilight realm, having finally received a break from collecting requests for her services via the Hell Correspondence.

Mere minutes from now, the Jigoku Tsūshin would be the least of her troubles.

The perpetually setting sun glistened across the lake... which unexpectedly began to lap at Ai's feet.

Jumping back in surprise, Ai watched the lake concernedly. "Strange. The lake doesn't show tides, much less waves."

The lake then piled up into a great column of water as the entire Realm of Eternal Twilight (and Ai's entire universe) began to shake itself apart.

Ai's troubles were just beginning - some violent creative shock was forcing the universes of various stories together.

The Convergence was on...
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:28 pm

September 26th, 1779, outside Boston

Winston sat inside a dark, underground bunker located just outside of Boston, Massachussetts. He was tired and resigned to fate, mostly from the sword fighting he'd plowed through to get this far, but also from the fact that this looked like the end of the road for America's ill-fated revolution and this British traitor's life. The dictator-king's armies had sniffed out the Hidden Haven's hiding place and would be inside slaughtering his men and ramming a sword down his throat.

Suddenly, into the room burst a young messenger, looking quite alarmed. "S-sir" he muttered, gazing at Winston. "Yes?" Winston asked, fearing the worst.

"The King himself is leading the charge against us." the messenger said, tears streaming from the young boy's face.

"Fear not, for if we die this day we die free men." Winston replied. He knew the tyrant would think of every torture method in the book to prolong his suffering.

After this, a loud crash was heard outside, and he hopped to his feet as the King came smashing in flanked by many black-uniformed guards. The King looked as if someone had pissed in his tea that day. Just outside he could see the tyrant's soldiers outside killing off his own one by one, easily overwhelming the revolutionaries. Winston couldn't help but smirk at the King's expression all the same, though. The King drew a pistol, knocking him to the ground.

"FOR SIX YEARS, WINSTON! SIX YEARS YOU'VE KEPT ME AWAKE AT NIGHT, WONDERING HOW I MIGHT SLOWLY GUT YOU! NOW YOU ARE IN YOUR FINAL HOURS BEFORE THE DIVINE RULER, AND YOU GRIN LIKE A CHILD?!" the King shouted. Winston did not retort.

"AND NOW I HAVE YOU! I HAVE THE FAMED SHADOW TRAITOR IN MY GRIP, DEAD! AND HE SAYS NOT ONE WORD?! BUT NOW YOU DIE! ALONG WITH YOUR REBELLION!" the King finished, but a horrid crashing sound erupted and Winston was sucked into some kind of strange tunnel...
Last edited by Lancearc on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:33 pm

The Rock of Gjoll
The Gates of Helheim


Fenrir stirred, once again testing the thin string that bound him to the Rock of Gjoll. Feeling it flex, he twisted and grew, the rope growing with him. He howled, letting the Gates of Helheim resound with the force generated by his lungs. Once he was assured that the rope had not loosened, Fenrir calmed, laying his head back down on the Rock.

A figure walked up next to the monstrous wolf and scratched between its ear, eliciting a soft growl from the beast. "Oh Garm, why must you put yourself through such trials? You know that Gleipnir cannot be broken by one such as yourself." The wolf growled, eliciting a chuckle from the figure. "No...not even I, the goddess of Helheim, can loosen your bonds, my brother. Only the one who has bound you can loosen your shackles." The wolf shrank to the size of a gray wolf and whimpered softly. "Yes, dear brother. Jormungand still swims free. You know that he would not fit in a prison, not even one of the gods' creation." Hel knelt next to the god, whispering into its ear. "I am doing what I can to hasten Ragnarok, but I cannot do much...not under the scrutiny of the gods. You will be free to roam once the end of days has come upon us. You will join the Great Wolves of the Sun and Moon, Skoll and Hati, as they race across the heavens. For now, please be patient."

The figure shimmered and disappeared, leaving the fuming wolf lying on the stone. Gods...let me out. LET ME OUT! He stood and howled once more, the Gates of Helheim shaking once more in resonance to the wolf's fury. After he let the howl die out, the Gates kept rumbling. Fenrir looked up, noticing the air shimmering in front of the Gates. With a loud CRRRAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!, the air split and tore, sucking in Gjoll with Fenrir along with it. He howled his despair at being pulled away from his home of millennia, and his utter joy at the ropes that were holding him to the rock. Hopefully the impact at wherever he landed would shear the ropes and loose him upon the world once again, free to wreck his vengeance against the gods who imprisoned him.

Little did he know, the gods would not be following him into this new reality....at least not all of them.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Utceforp
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10092
Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:42 pm

(OOC: Wheatley is voiced by Stephen Merchant, make of that what you will)

Date unknown
Deep Space

"Space. I'm in space. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Two years later
Deep Space

"Space... Space is really big..."

Twenty one years later
Deep Space

"Hello space, do you want to talk for a bit? What do you want to talk about space? Because I like to talk about space."

Three hundred and sixty seven years later
Deep space

"Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"

"Will you stop talking about space!" Wheatley said as he booted up from a short sleep. "It's all you ever talk about! Seriously, there's literally nothing out here!" The space core, an insane computer obsessed with anything outside the atmosphere, whimpered in response. Wheatley and the space core had been sucked out into space by Chell, to stop Wheatley from accidentally killing them both, and for a long time only had the space core and his guilt to keep him company, so he had tolerated his ravings. But ever since the space core had learned to sing, Wheatley had grown more and more tired of it. "Space. Star. Byyyyye Star. Star is gone." Wheatley groaned, though when the space core started to list things it provided a tiny, pathetic sliver of variety, it was still annoying. "Hi Star, you're a different star. Hi planet. Hi Asteroid. Hi Rick." A personality sphere with a green eye flew by, yelling. "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ALL THOSE HOT ALIEN CHICKS HANG OUT?" "So that's where he ended up?" thought Wheatley, not wondering at all why Rick had flown by so fast. "Black hole. Star. Asteroid. Black hole. Rick again. Craig. Black hole." That was strange, Craig the fact sphere had made it here as well, Wheatley thought, again not noticing the speed at which he flew past. Suddenly, and completely unexpectingly, Wheatley began to travel faster. Well, this was it, he was going to be sucked into a black hole. This was the end of Wheatley, the personality core who had singlehandidly defeated GLaDOS, read Machiavellli, and had uncovered the trickery of the lazy Chell, who had done absolutely nothing while he did all the grunt work of escaping. He fell into the black hole, but he was as puzzled as an object specifically designed to be stupid could be. He knew next to nothing about space, but he knew enough to assume that black holes were painful, and this one wasn't. He the Space Core, Rick the Adventure Core, and Craig the Fact core fly near him, and Craig managed to yell something out at the rapidly descending other cores. "Fact: Sir isaac Newton invented Black Holes when he accidentally mixed hyperdense mentos with coke made from a white dwarf star...." There was a flash, and before Wheatley fell unconscious, he heard something yelling, possibly a dog, and landed on a very hairy feeling head.
Signatures are so 2014.

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Winston's falling through this strange tunnel stopped when he found himself falling into a lake, or pond maybe. It didn't matter to him as he fellinto the cold water, his mouth that had been open in a scream filling with water as he ent under. He saw a fish swim past, and saw the large ivory-hilted saber he brought with him floating upwards. He immediately started kicking and came above the water's surface, gasping for air. He grabbed the large blade and made for the nearest shore. Only then did he stop to survey his surroundings.

He saw along the shore pink cherry trees in full blossom. This struck him as odd but also the way everything looked different. He couldn't explain it but something felt off about his new surtoundings. He saw a girl standing on the shore, and began rushing towards her saber in hand. Only when he approached did he see she was neither British, entirely "normal" or familiar to him.

"HEY!" Winston shouted as he approached. He could see she was in fact quite different. He hesitated. She looked as if she belonged in a whole different time and world. "Uh...Do you know uh...What is this place?" he asked, a bead of sweat running down his face and his grip on his blade tightening.

Something is wrong... he thought.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Utceforp wrote:(OOC: Wheatley is voiced by Stephen Merchant, make of that what you will)

Date unknown
Deep Space

"Space. I'm in space. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Two years later
Deep Space

"Space... Space is really big..."

Twenty one years later
Deep Space

"Hello space, do you want to talk for a bit? What do you want to talk about space? Because I like to talk about space."

Three hundred and sixty seven years later
Deep space

"Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"

"Will you stop talking about space!" Wheatley said as he booted up from a short sleep. "It's all you ever talk about! Seriously, there's literally nothing out here!" The space core, an insane computer obsessed with anything outside the atmosphere, whimpered in response. Wheatley and the space core had been sucked out into space by Chell, to stop Wheatley from accidentally killing them both, and for a long time only had the space core and his guilt to keep him company, so he had tolerated his ravings. But ever since the space core had learned to sing, Wheatley had grown more and more tired of it. "Space. Star. Byyyyye Star. Star is gone." Wheatley groaned, though when the space core started to list things it provided a tiny, pathetic sliver of variety, it was still annoying. "Hi Star, you're a different star. Hi planet. Hi Asteroid. Hi Rick." A personality sphere with a green eye flew by, yelling. "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ALL THOSE HOT ALIEN CHICKS HANG OUT?" "So that's where he ended up?" thought Wheatley, not wondering at all why Rick had flown by so fast. "Black hole. Star. Asteroid. Black hole. Rick again. Craig. Black hole." That was strange, Craig the fact sphere had made it here as well, Wheatley thought, again not noticing the speed at which he flew past. Suddenly, and completely unexpectingly, Wheatley began to travel faster. Well, this was it, he was going to be sucked into a black hole. This was the end of Wheatley, the personality core who had singlehandidly defeated GLaDOS, read Machiavellli, and had uncovered the trickery of the lazy Chell, who had done absolutely nothing while he did all the grunt work of escaping. He fell into the black hole, but he was as puzzled as an object specifically designed to be stupid could be. He knew next to nothing about space, but he knew enough to assume that black holes were painful, and this one wasn't. He the Space Core, Rick the Adventure Core, and Craig the Fact core fly near him, and Craig managed to yell something out at the rapidly descending other cores. "Fact: Sir isaac Newton invented Black Holes when he accidentally mixed hyperdense mentos with coke made from a white dwarf star...." There was a flash, and before Wheatley fell unconscious, he heard something yelling, possibly a dog, and landed on a very hairy feeling head.


Fenrir yelped as a heavy metal sphere hit him in the head after having landed in this forest. He was still attached to Gjoll, still bound by Gleipnir, though his bonds had loosened. He shook his head, shaking the object off of himself and onto the rock in front of him. Fenrir growled and sniffed the sphere, finally crouching down and stabilizing it with his paws. He opened his jaws, baring his razor sharp teeth and closing on the sphere, his teeth slipping off the slick surface. Fenrir began gnawing on the sphere, noting the unusual texture and shape of it as he explored the surface with his tongue.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Mewsland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8347
Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mewsland » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 pm

June 6, 2012 - time unknown
Realm of Eternal Twilight, The Convergence


Ai finally fell over as a whole other damned story struck her story's universe, causing the biggest rattle yet. The Hell Girl rose to her feet just as a portal unceremoniously dumped someone into her lake.

As the newcomer rushed at her with a sabre drawn, Ai appeared to catch on fire - that is, if fire were jet-black. Rather, she was merely showing her power in an attempt to tell the newcomer to knock it off.

"Ordinarily, I would say that this is the Realm of Eternal Twilight, the gateway between Earth and Hell, but... I can see you don't know your way around here." The jet black fire around Ai dissipated. "It appears something unexpected has forced you here, and - look out!" Ai knocks Winston out of the way as another portal dumps a wolf and a bunch of round... things... out onto the shore. "What in Grym's name is going on here?"

<OoC note: Grym is simply my (fanon) name for the Master of Hell as mentioned in the actual Hell Girl series.>
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Mewsland wrote:June 6, 2012 - time unknown
Realm of Eternal Twilight, The Convergence


Ai finally fell over as a whole other damned story struck her story's universe, causing the biggest rattle yet. The Hell Girl rose to her feet just as a portal unceremoniously dumped someone into her lake.

As the newcomer rushed at her with a sabre drawn, Ai appeared to catch on fire - that is, if fire were jet-black. Rather, she was merely showing her power in an attempt to tell the newcomer to knock it off.

"Ordinarily, I would say that this is the Realm of Eternal Twilight, the gateway between Earth and Hell, but... I can see you don't know your way around here." The jet black fire around Ai dissipated. "It appears something unexpected has forced you here, and - look out!" Ai knocks Winston out of the way as another portal dumps a wolf and a bunch of round... things... out onto the shore. "What in Grym's name is going on here?"

<OoC note: Grym is simply my (fanon) name for the Master of Hell as mentioned in the actual Hell Girl series.>

"Realm of wha--" Winston began to speak, before he was knocked aside by the strange girl, as he stood just in time to see strange objects falling onto the shore from some...portal, followed by a large wolf, larger than any other he'd seen, and a feww other oddities. He sighed, drawing one of the large pistols from one of the loops on his clothing, in addition to the silver-bladed saber.

"Look, I don't know nor care much about where we are now, all I know is that I am supposed to be in Boston right now, not...here." he said, finding that to be the only accurate way to describe the strange place he now stood. Beats being killed by that smug dictator bastard that should be lopping my head off right now, that's a damn right fact Winston thought as he gazed at the new, equally strange and unfitting arrivals.
Last edited by Lancearc on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42086
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am

Payon Castle
Rune-Midgard Kingdom


Howard Alt-Eisen was currently sleeping peacefully in th castle of Payon. It had been a few days since the conflict against the powerful Sorcerer that stole the Light of El Dicastes. After that, everyone had bid each other farewell and gone on their separate ways. Howard returned to Payon with Cecil and Dante to go on with their lives.

In the middle of the night, however, as he slept, a strange force suddenly made him wake up, and before him he saw a portal that seemed to be sucking him in. Acting quickly, Howard swiftly reached for his hammer and grabbed it, though the pull soon became too much for even him to bear, and thus he was sucked into the portal.

Soon afterwards, he felt himself manifest in an entirely different place. He could see that there were several small things gathered near a pond, that soon turned into a lake, whereas the things turned into people. He soon realized he was falling, but not in time, and fell to the ground head-first, Mjolnir falling next to him. He grabbed it as he stood up, and then looked around.

"Where in Odin's name am I?" He asked himself, and then noticed the people around him. "And who are you?"
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:16 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Payon Castle
Rune-Midgard Kingdom


Howard Alt-Eisen was currently sleeping peacefully in th castle of Payon. It had been a few days since the conflict against the powerful Sorcerer that stole the Light of El Dicastes. After that, everyone had bid each other farewell and gone on their separate ways. Howard returned to Payon with Cecil and Dante to go on with their lives.

In the middle of the night, however, as he slept, a strange force suddenly made him wake up, and before him he saw a portal that seemed to be sucking him in. Acting quickly, Howard swiftly reached for his hammer and grabbed it, though the pull soon became too much for even him to bear, and thus he was sucked into the portal.

Soon afterwards, he felt himself manifest in an entirely different place. He could see that there were several small things gathered near a pond, that soon turned into a lake, whereas the things turned into people. He soon realized he was falling, but not in time, and fell to the ground head-first, Mjolnir falling next to him. He grabbed it as he stood up, and then looked around.

"Where in Odin's name am I?" He asked himself, and then noticed the people around him. "And who are you?"

Winston jumped back, slightly raising the silver-bladed saber he held before he realized this man, too, had been dropped out of one of those portals. None of it made sense to Winston. Everyone looked like they belong in an entirely different world, almost like another planet or universe. He nodded towards the newcomer. "I am Winston Milmic, British traitor, American revolutionary...And apparently this is 'The Realm of Eternal...Twilight?' Most of us don't know where we are..." he said, sliding the heavy saber into it's sheath. "And we're trying to figure out just exactly what's going on..."
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:41 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Payon Castle
Rune-Midgard Kingdom


Howard Alt-Eisen was currently sleeping peacefully in th castle of Payon. It had been a few days since the conflict against the powerful Sorcerer that stole the Light of El Dicastes. After that, everyone had bid each other farewell and gone on their separate ways. Howard returned to Payon with Cecil and Dante to go on with their lives.

In the middle of the night, however, as he slept, a strange force suddenly made him wake up, and before him he saw a portal that seemed to be sucking him in. Acting quickly, Howard swiftly reached for his hammer and grabbed it, though the pull soon became too much for even him to bear, and thus he was sucked into the portal.

Soon afterwards, he felt himself manifest in an entirely different place. He could see that there were several small things gathered near a pond, that soon turned into a lake, whereas the things turned into people. He soon realized he was falling, but not in time, and fell to the ground head-first, Mjolnir falling next to him. He grabbed it as he stood up, and then looked around.

"Where in Odin's name am I?" He asked himself, and then noticed the people around him. "And who are you?"


Fenrir ceased his gnawing on the metal sphere and shoved it away from him as a familiar presence fell out of a nearby portal. The presence was strange, however....it felt like an acquaintance, yet not like one at all. He struggled against Gleipnir, straining against its loosening grip. He snarled at the figure when it mentioned Odin, noticing the hammer.

"THOR! How dare you show your face here, godling! Helheim is not a place for any god save my father. You know this. WHY HAVE YOU COME?"
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42086
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am

Howard noticed Winston raising the sabre, and got ready to whack the man in the head if necessary, though of course, he was going to keep his strenght in check, he didn't want to kill him, after all. Not yet anyways. When the man started speaking, Howard listened, not understanding much of what he said, though he did understand that they were in the Realm of Eternal Twilight, and that most of them had been dropped in there, much like himself.

Howard was about to say something, when the big Warg snarled and then shouted at him. He simply raised an eyebrow.

"Thor?" He said. "You flatter me, but I'm not the late God of Thunder." He stated, and then went on to introduce himself, raising his hammer.

"I am the Legendary Whitesmith Howard Alt-Eisen, the strongest man in the world!" He said, sparks coming out of Mjolnir.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Teotan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 890
Founded: Sep 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Teotan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm

La Bizantina

Joaquin Mendez looked across the Rio Grande, into the American state of New Mexico. Across the river was his paycheck, in the form of children and adolescents bored with life; wishing for chemical entertainment. The society of contradictions put money in his pocket and food on the table, no matter how much he hated it. He didn't like his job; hell his wife hated him for it. But what else was he supposed to do? Find work in a Maquilladora? Find a coyote to transport them to the land of Migrant Working Opportunities? He was stuck. Stuck with a gun, guarding a shipment of cocaine waiting for the high powered bastard to pick it up. 

A man came up behind Joaquin, throwing a yellow hood on him. Joaquin couldn't breathe, he was suffocating on the white powder on the inside. Cocaine. Yellow. 

"Eres un-" 
The Father interrupted the curse with a blow to the windpipe. He whispered in a gravel voice that chilled the air, "Run."

Joaquin ran towards the handoff point. They had to be warned, before something went down. He didn't feel out of breath, but out of his mind. His hands were 

All the major parties were there, Karma Houdini in his tux, his hunchbacked assistant looking around for something to hit. While Joaquin had it rough, Igor had it the worst. The result of trying to home-brew some Super Soldier compound, it reacted horribly. Not enough to kill him, but enough to deform him into a large troll shaped beast, incapable of speech or higher level thinking. Only death and survival. 

The gangbangers, usually the most intimidating people in Las Bizantinas were small potatoes compared to a man who had sold his soul to a higher power for riches and power and his fool bodyguard. One turned, seeing Joaquin. His eyes widened, as he raised his weapon. A bright blue flash blasted the man out of the line of fire, saving Joaquin's life. Joaquin was shocked; that was no omnicidal magician and merchant of death, that was Digital, a vigilante from the states violating more international laws than catholic priests did boys. Now he was screwed. Gunfire tore through everyone, the gangbangers now shooting at Digital with ill effect. A bullet sideswiped Joaquin's arm, followed by several to his chest. At least it was over. 

Fray Felicidad was in the warehouse, looking at the unfolding chaos. A decoy was always a good, but not fun option. After all, it did take the work out of it, but the work was what was what made it rewarding. The sting operation only ruined it. Who gave them the right to intervene in his home? 

Fray Felicidad was going to steal the truck with the cocaine in it and use it as a weapon when something shook the ground. As he looked outside something was happening. Fray Felicidad had seen many things in his not inconsiderable lifetime, the death of Red Son and the Fall of the USSR, but he had never seen the sky tear itself apart. Or the road and the bridges to America suddenly stop over the middle of the river, with desert against everything. Not the Sonora, but white sands all around. Blue flashes occured everywhere along the horizon, which was never constant. 

And then Fray Felicidad felt his stomach and spine get contorted through the void, spinning and twisting. No air. No sound. Just black. Once the void spat him out, he saw various people. A boy in a cap with a rat. A man dressed as a colonial era American. A little Asian girl, with fire and brimstone in his eyes. A man with a hammer, and a little steel ball.

Fray Felicidad was at home. 

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Howard noticed Winston raising the sabre, and got ready to whack the man in the head if necessary, though of course, he was going to keep his strenght in check, he didn't want to kill him, after all. Not yet anyways. When the man started speaking, Howard listened, not understanding much of what he said, though he did understand that they were in the Realm of Eternal Twilight, and that most of them had been dropped in there, much like himself.

Howard was about to say something, when the big Warg snarled and then shouted at him. He simply raised an eyebrow.

"Thor?" He said. "You flatter me, but I'm not the late God of Thunder." He stated, and then went on to introduce himself, raising his hammer.

"I am the Legendary Whitesmith Howard Alt-Eisen, the strongest man in the world!" He said, sparks coming out of Mjolnir.

"Can't say a wolf mistaking a man with some kind of magical warhammer for a god is the strangest thing I've seen today." Winston muttered, before spotting something else moving about in the lake. His heart jumped for a second as he realized it was the black-clothed figure of the King, who seemed rather disoriented, swimming towards the shore opposite of their group. He nodded as he watched the tyrant stumble out of sight.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Utceforp
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10092
Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Wheatley was slowly waking up, he had experienced a dream about the evil bird that always tormented him. It had picked him up and had started to peck at his casing, until it started to grow larger until it turned into a wolf with a black hole for a mouth. Wheatley suddenly woke up much faster, being chewed on, and started screaming. "Ahh! Get off me! Get off me!" He used the extendable portion of his eye to push himself away, and rolled on to the ground. "Heh.. heh.. I didn't know I could do that." He rolled around a little, testing his newfound freedom. "No rail. No lazy, good-for-nothing test subjects to carry me around, no insanity-inducing giant robot bodies, and no birds." He realized his situation and hopped backwards. "Ahh! Right, yes. there's a giant wolf. that's very big! Are you, perhaps, so kind of genetic experiment? You wouldn't happen to know any armies of mutant mantis men, would you?"

"Earth. Tiny, boring earth. No more space. Wanna go to space." The space core had impacted the ground much harder than Wheatley, and had formed a crater. The space core rolled out from out, and emerged in a forest. "Fact: there is a 94.2% chance that we are dead and this is just a fading dream from my amazingly complex brain." The fact core fell off of a tree, shaking the braches and disturbing a bird, which flew away. "Aaaaaallll right amigos! Looks like there's a great new world for us to explore, so I say we get right to it. Adventure core's log: Star date, Tuesday. I, the personality core's incredibly handsome leader, have singlehandidly discovered a new land for exploring. Our first mission: Supplies. We need a gun, for me, a knife, also for me, a girlfriend, for the fact core, and a mirror, also for me." The adventure core rolled over to where the space core and the fact core had been sitting. "False. Statistical analysis shows that the fact core is incredibly handsome, as well as always right. Therefore, the positon of supreme leader of the personality core's should go to the fact core." The fact core extended the side of his casing in a manner not unlike punching someone, towards the adventure core. "Listen here egghead. life decided to give us adventure, so let's make adventurade!" "Fine. You can adventure on your own, I am going to go find someone more appreciative of my informative and highly interesting insights." The fact core rolled away, towards a lake. The adventure core jumped, and his eyes shifted around, looking for danger. "W-wait! You might get scared, and lost, and eaten if I'm not there to help you! " The adventure core quickly followed the fact core, leaving the space core on his own. "Where 'you guys going? 'cause I want to go back to space. Are you guys going to space? Wait for me, space!" The space core followed the two other cores out to the lake.
Last edited by Utceforp on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Howard noticed Winston raising the sabre, and got ready to whack the man in the head if necessary, though of course, he was going to keep his strenght in check, he didn't want to kill him, after all. Not yet anyways. When the man started speaking, Howard listened, not understanding much of what he said, though he did understand that they were in the Realm of Eternal Twilight, and that most of them had been dropped in there, much like himself.

Howard was about to say something, when the big Warg snarled and then shouted at him. He simply raised an eyebrow.

"Thor?" He said. "You flatter me, but I'm not the late God of Thunder." He stated, and then went on to introduce himself, raising his hammer.

"I am the Legendary Whitesmith Howard Alt-Eisen, the strongest man in the world!" He said, sparks coming out of Mjolnir.


Fenrir's eyes slitted as he listened to the figure. Late god? Hmmm....it is not possible to kill those damned Asgardians.... he thought. He flexed once more, this time succeeding in ripping one of Gleipnir's chains from the rock, leaving one leg free. He utilized the razor sharp claws on that paw to saw at the other bonds, soon freeing himself from captivity. "At last. Millennia of imprisonment...and now I am free of those foul chains. You see, Tyr? Even your will, aided by those accursed dwarven metal workers, could not hold me forever." he said to the sky, somewhat expecting a response from the addressed god.

He turned to Howard and bowed then. "And who killed the godling then? If it was you, then you have my gratitude." Fenrir's shape blurred and contorted, then refocused to reveal a bipedal version of him standing at about eight feet tall. "I am Fenrir, known by some as an Asgardian monster and by others as the God of Wolves. My lineage follows the line of Loki, who also fathered the goddess of Helheim, Hel, and my brother Jormungand, the World Serpent."
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42086
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Howard simply watched the big Warg as it listened, and then in turn listened to his small manifestation of pride, aimed towards the sky. He heard Fenrir mention the name of a God, but paid no mind to it for the moment. However, he then listened to what Fenrir said after bowing to him, and confusion entered his mind.

"Yes... I've heard of you in the legends, but supposedly nothing from before Ragnarok survived, except Freya and Randgriz." He said. He knew that even though the Gods' divinity kept them alive in their temple on Aflheim, they all died during Ragnarok, except the sisters, one who presides over Valhalla and the other who gave birth to the human race.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Fenrir paused for thought, a rare moment for him. His thought processes usually consisted of which order to kill things in, but what this being had said confused him slightly. "Ragnarok has yet to come. Those accursed gods still reign from Valhalla and the children of Helheim still cower in fear when a god walks amongst them. Besides, how would a being such as yourself survive Ragnarok, brought about to end the gods' reign?"
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Malshan wrote:Fenrir paused for thought, a rare moment for him. His thought processes usually consisted of which order to kill things in, but what this being had said confused him slightly. "Ragnarok has yet to come. Those accursed gods still reign from Valhalla and the children of Helheim still cower in fear when a god walks amongst them. Besides, how would a being such as yourself survive Ragnarok, brought about to end the gods' reign?"

"Well then hasn't this already explained itself? Look, way I see it, no one knows where or what Boston, Britain, or America is here besides myself and...maybe thos little spheres. So, wolf, we come from different 'worlds' so to speak. Universes. Maybe even timelines, in the case of you and this man...demigod. And we've all been dumped here." Winston said, pondering what exactly could explain this, and that was the only answer he could come up with. Different worlds. He was rather surprised that he was speaking to the wolf-man so casually, but as he said, it wasn't one of the stranger things he'd seen happen today.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42086
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Howard listened to Fenrir speak, and though at first it confused him even more, some things started to make sense. By the way he spoke, Howard assumed that he didn't survive Ragnarok, but rather, he came here from some time before Ragnarok. Of course, the last comment was obviously out of place. After all, everyone knew that after Ragnarok came about, Randgriz abandoned part of her divinity to give birth to the human race.

Before saying anything, Howard listened to what Winston said, and nodded. It made sense to him, when it was put that way. "So that must be what happened. I come from a time after Ragnarok. Randgriz created the human race to inherit Midgard. And I know I'm as good as one, but I'm not a demigod."
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Mewsland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8347
Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm

"I know of Boston, Britain, and America. I just know of them differently. And it's not just you that's been dumped here..." Ai said, as Cape Cod (as Winston knew it) suddenly slammed into the Realm of Eternal Twilight...
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Howard listened to Fenrir speak, and though at first it confused him even more, some things started to make sense. By the way he spoke, Howard assumed that he didn't survive Ragnarok, but rather, he came here from some time before Ragnarok. Of course, the last comment was obviously out of place. After all, everyone knew that after Ragnarok came about, Randgriz abandoned part of her divinity to give birth to the human race.

Before saying anything, Howard listened to what Winston said, and nodded. It made sense to him, when it was put that way. "So that must be what happened. I come from a time after Ragnarok. Randgriz created the human race to inherit Midgard. And I know I'm as good as one, but I'm not a demigod."

"Ah, well, whatever your standing may be." Winston replied, twirling his silver-bladed saber in his hands. He had yet to sheath it for whatever reason, though he couldn't bring himself to do so just yet, remembering his sighting of the tyrant that had held a very similar blade to his neck just moments before the miracle--or curse, either one--had brought him here, before this strange ensemble of individuals. "And still the question remains--how did we get here, and how will we get back?" he said, nodding.

On the horizon, he could see another rip opening in the air, this time dumping out a strange group of white-armored futuristic looking soldiers that carried strange weapons. However, they didn't stay in sight long as they ran off away from the group, either in fear or curiosity.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Malshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4468
Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Howard listened to Fenrir speak, and though at first it confused him even more, some things started to make sense. By the way he spoke, Howard assumed that he didn't survive Ragnarok, but rather, he came here from some time before Ragnarok. Of course, the last comment was obviously out of place. After all, everyone knew that after Ragnarok came about, Randgriz abandoned part of her divinity to give birth to the human race.

Before saying anything, Howard listened to what Winston said, and nodded. It made sense to him, when it was put that way. "So that must be what happened. I come from a time after Ragnarok. Randgriz created the human race to inherit Midgard. And I know I'm as good as one, but I'm not a demigod."


Fenrir gave a throaty growl/chuckle at the mention of the human race. "Ah, humans. Tasty treats for those of my packs. Their foolish young wander into my domain and become part of me. And they mature so slowly....plenty of easy meat to pick off until they become old enough to think clearly." But then what Howard had said got through his mind. "Wait a minute....of course, the multiverse idea is plausible, but for there to be that much of a difference between worlds...especially one sharing such divinities."

"And yet I am curious. What of me and my brethren? Does Jormungand still live?"
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.


Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Mewsland wrote:"I know of Boston, Britain, and America. I just know of them differently. And it's not just you that's been dumped here..." Ai said, as Cape Cod (as Winston knew it) suddenly slammed into the Realm of Eternal Twilight...

"Dear god, how is such a thing even possible?" he said, as he gazed upon a few familiar sights just appearing out of nowhere. There to his right fell the young boy messenger that had informed him of the King's arrival. Next to him fell a similarly-attired soldier with a musket. Both seemed to hop to their feet and take up a place beside him almost immediately, not bothering to ask questions about this strange occurence, as strong trust they placed in their leader. He could see the soldier's expression though, it was puzzled and he was wanting to ask a question or 20.

He was comforted slightly by familiar sights, but the spectacle of Old North Church falling on it's side in the distance did nothing to help. "It may interest you to know that I may have to embark upon a...personal matter...later. Not anytime soon, of course, but something has been troubling me." he finished, wondering how exactly he would hunt down the King in such a vast, ever expanding and ever shrinking universe as things were added and taken away from this world.
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42086
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 pm

"Legendary Whitesmith will do." Howard said after hearing Winston's comment, and then simply turned his attention back to Fenrir, who was, in fact, the father of all Wargs that were now used by the Ranger exploratory unit in Jotunheim. When asked about Fenrir's brethern, Howard answered honestly with what he knew.

"Your brethern Jormungandr and Hel, right? Well, as I said, everything that existed before Ragnarok, except Freya and her sister Randgriz, perished during Ragnarok. So no, they are not alive. Though your father's spirit still lives in a temple on Aflheim."
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aureumterra, Harkback Union, ImperialRussia, Lunas Legion, Russkiya Svyachena, Samudera Darussalam, The Archipelago Territory, The Great Swedish Empire, The Knights of Azorea

Advertisement

Remove ads