NATION

PASSWORD

WWII RP (OOC, Signups, Character RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyska
Envoy

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 am

Much better. Everyone accepted. (Just to note that I think we all should be in the same platoon)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 am

Kyska wrote:Much better. Everyone accepted. (Just to note that I think we all should be in the same platoon)

So what ship would the platoon be on? The West Virginia? (Considering that's the only specified ship in the RP right now.)
Last edited by Lancearc on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Kyska
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 am

Sure

The Russian People
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 am

Sweet! I set the ship 8)
(West Virginia is actually my home state)
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Truex Jr. and Brian Vickers=My favorite drivers
Andy Biersack~<3
Also,"I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!" -Dale Gribble,King of The Hill
The Russian People is a Federal Republic,made for and by the citizens of the great country of Russia. In December 2011,Dimitri Petrenko and several other military commanders revolted against the regime of Vladimir Putin,ending a 6 year leadership. The new Russian government,called The Federal Republic of The Russian People, has endured great hardships since,but has once again come up on top.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

The Russian People wrote:Sweet! I set the ship 8)
(West Virginia is actually my home state)

I was going to do the Oklahoma (My home state, and equally fitting seeing as how my character is from Oklahoma City :p ) but I just decided it'd be easier to stick with the first ship to be named.

And besides, I don't wanna be on the Oklahoma when it goes belly-up.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

The Russian People
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah.I can't wait though.I did extensive research on the West Virginia a while back.It was found that the West Virginia was one of the first hit,and,that with the 3rd hit it buckled in the front.After the Oklahoma capsized,it caused the West Virginia to rock sending some people overboard.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Andy Biersack~<3
Also,"I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!" -Dale Gribble,King of The Hill
The Russian People is a Federal Republic,made for and by the citizens of the great country of Russia. In December 2011,Dimitri Petrenko and several other military commanders revolted against the regime of Vladimir Putin,ending a 6 year leadership. The new Russian government,called The Federal Republic of The Russian People, has endured great hardships since,but has once again come up on top.

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 am

Character Name: Chester V. Mathers
Character Age: 25
Character Rank: Gunnery Sergeant
Character Weapon of Choice: An M1 Garand Stolen From The U.S. Army's Armory
Character Sidearm: An M1911 Colt Stolen From A U.S. Navy Commander
Additional Equipment: Entrenching Tool, K-Bar Combat Knife, 3 Mark 2 Fragmentation Grenades, Platoon M1918 Browning .30-06 machine gun
Appearance:

Personality: Serious, quiet, intelligent
Bio (optional): Mathers comes from a family of Marines. His father was present at the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918 and the occupation of Nicaragua in 1927. Once Mathers had reached the age of 18 in 1934, he joined the Marine Corps to get away from the economic downfall, becoming specialized as a gunnery, being assigned to the machine gun section of his unit's weapon platoon. Now, attached to the 1st Marine Defense Battalion, he spends his time on the quiet, tranquil island of Wake Island in the middle of the Pacific.

Kyska
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyska » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:15 am

Accepted.

The Russian People
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 am

Also,it was engulfed in a fire caused by the USS Arizona.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Andy Biersack~<3

New Coldan Kerplakian
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Coldan Kerplakian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 am

Changed my weapon to a sniper rifle, he's going to be a sniper.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

Never turn your back on your friends, because they might stab you there when you need them the most.

Life's like a highway, you either move on or your screwed.

Factbook coming out soon!

Sergeant of 1st Calvary Regiment of the Max Barryan army!

The Capital Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capital Commonwealth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am

Just a few factoids ya'll should know:
- The standard issue rifle for the Marine Corps was the M1903 Springfield until after at least Guadalcanal. The Army had it since 1936. Also, the Marine Corps used the M1928 Thompson until after Guadalcanal. Then they started using the standardized M1 Thompson.
- Marine Corps Defense Battalions were stationed on ships and the coasts of certain hotspots. Wake Island for example had the 1st Defense Battalion. All large Navy vessels, such as battleships, had a Marine Corps detachment.
- Marines were a much smaller force than the Army. As a result, regiments mattered more. In a combat scenario, it was more likely you would hear, "Well then where the hell's the 7th Marines?!" as in the regiment, than, "Well then where the hell's the 1st Marines?!" as in the division.
- Marines use Navy terms such as starboard, port, deck, cover, and aye.
- Marines were a strictly combat unit. This, and because they are basically a fighting force component of the Navy, all chaplains and medical personnel (Corpsmen) were part of the Navy, but attached to Marine units.

- Beijing was known as Peiping at the time, but the capital of the Republic of China at the time was Nanjing (known as Nanking).
Last edited by The Capital Commonwealth on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 am

App:

Character Name: John Brackmen
Character Age: 25
Character Rank: Captain
Character Weapon of Choice: Sten Mk II
Character Sidearm: 38 revolver
Additional Equipment: Hand gernades, spare ammo and entrenching tool
Appearance: "6'7" Blues yes brown hair wear standered issue british uniform
Personality: a joker, a serious person when it comes to the battle field
Bio (optional): John Brackmen is part of the SAS. John was born in London England. He joined the army when he was 18 and when he turned 21 he joined the SAS and soared to the rank of Captain.He was put in charge of 1st company and squad one. John was the CO and they were transfered their to over see the marines preperations for their Normany invasion. After they were ready, they would set out with The americans and regroup with their brigade, then join the assult later that day.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Nijholtpade
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nijholtpade » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 am

Previous