NATION

PASSWORD

4E 193: An Elder Scrolls RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am

Britcan wrote:"You seem to be under the impression that Nords sail more than they really do. They may have got to Tamriel by ship but most now live firmly on solid ground." Mathias replied dismissively. "I do not concern myself with the past." Matthias replied with a wave of his hand. "What is done is done and there is no sense dwelling on it. I do, of course, know about the Hero of Kvatch and I know that he saved many people and defeated Mahrunes Dagon. How he defeated him is not of my concern." Matthias crossed his arms. "Since

"So if you knew about the tales then you should've known well in advance what Camoran's works are. And have you not seen the vessels sailing into and out of Anvil? Nords! Nords everywhere! Nords in the inns and the Flowing Bowl, Nords in the fighters guild, everytime I turn around I could swear that I see a Nord. They are a sailing race now just as they were when they first came to Tamriel according to the Dock Master, who I might add, is the grandson of the dockmaster during the time of Martine Spetim, and is also a Nord. I'll be damned if you go to Anvil and not see a Nord as soon as you walk through the gates." Oken-Re said, recalling some time he spent in Anvil scouting for work. Indeed, most of the time, he did see Nords on the docks and loading cargo onto ships.
Last edited by Lancearc on Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 am

Lancearc wrote:"So if you knew about the tales then you should've known well in advance what Camoran's works are. And have you not seen the vessels sailing into and out of Anvil? Nords! Nords everywhere! Nords in the inns and the Flowing Bowl, Nords in the fighters guild, everytime I turn around I could swear that I see a Nord. They are a sailing race now just as they were when they first came to Tamriel according to the Dock Master, who I might add, is the grandson of the dockmaster during the time of Martine Spetim, and is also a Nord. I'll be damned if you go to Anvil and not see a Nord as soon as you walk through the gates." Oken-Re said, recalling some time he spent in Anvil scouting for work. Indeed, most of the time, he did see Nords on the docks and loading cargo onto ships.

"Do you not listen to a word I say?" Asked the exasperated Breton. "I know that the guy defeated Dagon and saved a bunch of people. I don't care how he defeated him as much as I don't care what he had for breakfast before doing it. I've lived in Skyrim my entire life, most of that was spent in Windhelm a city with many ships going through it's docks. I've been to Winterhold, Riften, Falkreach, Dawnstar, Whiterun and even the great city of Solitude. Let me tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that many Nords are no more able to sail a ship than they are to fly."

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Knoxidus
Civilian

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 am

"Ah Skyrim, now you're beginning to interest me."

Knoxos rose from his stool and began to approach the map. Pointing with his index finger, he began to outline a route.

"We should head north through to Cheydinal."

He cleared his throat and scratched his neck softly.

"From there, we could head to Bruma. The Imperial can lead us through the Cyrodiilic terrain. From there, we cross the border into The Rift. From there, we travel west into Falkreath Hold, and then continue west into Hammerfell. The terrain" now withdrawing his interaction from the map, and addressing the High Elf "should be mostly flat, unless we take a northern detour into the mountain range south of the Throat of The World".

Now pacing around the map, he continued his monologue "However, we had best watch out for bandits. They seem to be more concentrated near Falkreath"

Halting his movement, he opened his arms wide. "It seems like a fairly simple plan, and I'd be more than willing to be the guide."

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

Matthias nodded at the Nord."That's a good route, the passes between Cyrodiil and the Rift are well mapped and safe. However, that would be too much of a detour. There is a quicker way." He took the map and pointed to an area in the mountains just to the south of Helgen. "It's called the Pale Pass, also known as the White Pass. It's almost unknown and very dangerous. The only people who use it even semi-regularly are well armed groups of Imperial soldiers. It's a risk going through it but if we get through it it'll cut days off our journey." He traced a path up to Helgen, along the road to Falkreath and down again. "From there it is less than a day's quick walk to Hammerfall."

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

'My friends, there is a route much quicker than the both of these; The time we spend riding and walking shall only be interuppted by the odd bandit, however, once we get to the waves, we may encounter pirates.' he smoothed out the map again and began to point out the route. 'We ride to Anvil, hopefully in less than a week.' his finger scanned the road until it reached the sketch of the city. 'From there, we rent a boat, and sail the short route to Rihad. This'll be the easiest leg of our journey, so we might as well make the most of it instead of going through the Pale and wasting time, resources and maybe even a life. Same applies to the Nord's plan.'

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Matthias shook his head at the High Elf's suggestion. "We would only be able to rent a small boat with a light armament. We'd also be forced to crew it ourselves unless one of you has a large purse of gold you want to hire a crew with. That would be a perfect target for pirates. If we do get sunk by pirate or by storm then we are screwed as I don't reckon that more than a select few of us will be able to swim." He said, looking at the Argonian as he said the last part. "The Pale Pass is our best shot. It's quick and discreet. No bandit would camp there, it's too irregularly traveled. If we're lucky we wont encounter anything worse than a few wolves on our way."

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Anaril clasped his hands together, satisfied that a solution had been found. 'Now we are finally ready, gather your belongings and meet at Wawnet in in about fifteen minutes.' he stood up and slid on his Malachite Gauntlets and returning his mace to it's resting place, tucked inside his belt. Once he had collected all his armaments and armour, he stooped to pick a coarse leather sack off the ground before heading out the door and down to the Inn, where the ponies were stabled.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Jo'Rak though he had not gained enough information to tell his leader, so he decided to follow on to hear more details. There were several bandit camps along the way, and Jo'Rak could easily hide among the trees while the mercenaries camped. He was becoming more and more intrigued about their goal, though. Anything to do with the saving of Tamriel from Oblivion was well worth listening for, in his opinion.
Jo'Rak stopped the frost spell on his tail, and climbed out of the chimney and went to a safehouse where he could find supplies and potions to heal his tail. He left quickly, and began to follow the group on their journey.
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Knoxidus
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Satisfied with the outcome, Knoxos equipped Soszahkrii. Being well prepared, he was already wearing his armour, but upon entrance to the Boarding house he had remove his helmet. Quickly locating it on a small table to the left of the entrance, he sharply placed it on his head. Clenching his fist and flexing his elbow he said "Remember, that just because we choose a most likely unguarded path does not mean that we should show weakness by neglecting any potential threats"

He created a parting between the steel plates on his armour, on his right shoulder. By doing so, a prominent scar was revealed. "I've already learned that lesson, through pain. Now I've learned my lesson, don't repeat my errors."

Closing the parting, he stood up and walked through the door into the Imperial City.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Again Elic Entered the boarding house but this time he just walked past everyone handed the landlord a sac of gold and headed up to his room when he came back he had all of his belongings from the room with him and as he headed for the door he turned and said "redguard remeber my cart before you leave" and walked out.
A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 pm

As the High Elf left the house, Alif stepped closer to the Breton who made the ridiculous suggestion.

"Listen to me, Breton," Alif said quietly as he pulled him closer. "The path we'll be taking is a death trap. I made the mistake of getting to Cyrodiil through the Pale Pass, and what I saw is bound to make us reconsider immediately."
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Vahvanti wrote:As the High Elf left the house, Alif stepped closer to the Breton who made the ridiculous suggestion.

"Listen to me, Breton," Alif said quietly as he pulled him closer. "The path we'll be taking is a death trap. I made the mistake of getting to Cyrodiil through the Pale Pass, and what I saw is bound to make us reconsider immediately."

"You weren't they only one who used that path." Matthias replied, pushing the Redguard back. "We're both here talking about it so it couldn't have been that bad could it? We are a strong group if nothing else. I'm sure we will be just fine. You are under no obligation to come if you are scared by a mountain pass." Matthias turned towards the door. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to do some things to take car of before we leave." He walked out the door without without waiting for a response. He went in the opposite direction of the stables walking swiftly until he came to a book shop. He entered, looking at the many shelves. His gaze eventually fixed on the owner of the shop. "I was wondering if you have any books on the Falmer or the Dwemer ruins?" He inquired.

Time guards of shadow
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Time guards of shadow » Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Scarlet quickly left the building to get to the stable. He then remembered his bow and went back to get it. When he got it and came out he thought he hered ssomthing but ignored it, but he knew it was probably the dark brother hood or a animal.

Ooc: I'm using a nook right now.
I will join any rp.
Watch this person's videos! Warning! There is a chance for bad words to be seen and heard!

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 pm

(To save us some time, Shall we say everyone's down at the stables? I really want to get the RP into action.)

Leading ten fine ponies from the rickety storage pen sheltered behind Wawnet inn, Anaril emerged from under the thatched roof to allocate the ponies to each of the advernturers, who Isratial expected were eager to get moving and rid their bodies of the cold that soaked through their skin. 'It appears Magius has gone through the trouble of retrieving horses from each of your home provinces, to ensure you feel at ease on your journey.' He hitched up the horses beside the threshold of the building, and pulled the first horse, a skinny steed with slate coloured hair, and brought it over to the Dunmer. 'Vvardenfells finest.' he said. 'Well, what used to be Vvardenfell.' the procedure continued, with two stout, stocky ponies going to the Orsimer and Snow-man, a horse as black as ebon to the Imperial, A squat Horse bred in the swamps of black marsh to the Lizard-man, a elegant mare to the Breton, and so on and so forth until the entire party had a horse at their own disposal.
Last edited by North Banrodesia on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm

After the adventurers left, Jo'Rak had to find his own horse. It was a large black stallion, not his first choice, but it would work until they arrived at their destination-wherever that was. He had also taken the liberty of sending a message to his leader telling him that he was going to Hammerfell, just in case he needed backup. Although, Jo'Rak considered, the quality of bandits he saw in Cyrodiil meant that he didn't expect much in Hammerfell.
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Okan-Re smiled, stroking his new steed's mane. It was a beautiful and powerful horse, at least by Argonian standards. He spoke. "Yes, this a fine example of a good swamp walker, very good way to get around in Black Marsh. he finished, mounting the horse
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Ricot
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ricot » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Horatio grinned when she saw her horse, it looked quite like when she had ridden as a child. Horse travel wasn't her favorite, but it was much faster than walking. She hopped onto the horse's back. "Let Maigus know he has got a fine choice of horses."

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Alif accepted the steed handed to him by Anaril, but he had doubts regarding its potential usefulness. The pony felt uncomfortable standing on such hard terrain as Cyrodiilic soil, and the horse seemed more eager to run away from the battle than towards it.

Not that I can be choosy, can I? Alif thought to himself. The Redguard fastened a rope to pull the horse behind him, refraining from mounting it unless the ground becomes harder and steeper.

"Magius!" Alif cried in response to the elf. "What a 'fine' choice of horses you have gotten us!"
Last edited by Vahvanti on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Gideus
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gideus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Kimor got his horse. A tall one, descended from those the Khajiiti in the plains of Elsewyr used. Tall, fast, durable. Its thin fur was light tan, with darker stripes not unlike his own. Mounting the horse, a task a lot of people would find hard without training as it was taller than most outside of Elsewyr, he fell in behind the others, bow and arrows slung on the sides of the saddle for easy access while riding. During his free time he had taken the liberty of learning horseback archery - a feat not many found easy, and a feat impossible with the larger bows used while he was a guerrilla.

Falling into the line of riders behind the Argonian, he fell into a half-doze as the sun warmed him and he kept his horse going in a straight line along the road they were following by simply use of stirrups.
Political Compass(12/18/12)
Economic Left: 5.75
Social Libertarian: 6.87
This represents my nation, Gideus, as well as me.

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Everything you said is perfect.

Those who ignore history's lessons in the ultimate folly of war are forced to do more than relive them ... they may be forced to die by them. - Dan Simmons, The Fall of Hyperion

My opinion on feminism, MRA movements, and other similar movements.
I DO NOT use NS statistics, unless specifically requested to do so for individual RPs. Rest assured I will not godmod, I will use logic.

Time guards of shadow
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Time guards of shadow » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Scarlet climbed up on the horse and road it like a expert. He circled the others ready to ride. He then said, "let's go! Time waits for no one! Just lets not make camp in Dwemer ruins. I heard bad tales about them but I have never been to one except Markarth. So let's go!"

ooc:hope I type some thing right.
I will join any rp.
Watch this person's videos! Warning! There is a chance for bad words to be seen and heard!

Knoxidus
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:14 am

Identifying the ease in which others adjusted to their new horses, he was determined to follow suit in an elegant manner. He placed his right foot at the bottom of the saddle, and swiftly pulled himself up onto the steed. From a very young age, he had disliked horses and chose instead to travel by foot, in order to increase his physical endurance. Upon mounting the horse, his inexperience meant that he was in no position to comment on the horse, but he did so anyway.

"A fine steed" he remarked "a true horse of Skyrim."

Hoping he had satisfied the others, he turned his head to what path lay before him.
Last edited by Knoxidus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:26 am

Matthias carefully examined his horse. It was a reasonably young mare in good health. However, he was slightly unsure about it as it looked more like a racehorse, bred for achieving high speeds on flat ground, rather than handling rough terrain and harsh conditions like the smaller, but stronger horses of Skyrim that he'd learned to ride on. She was, however, a fine horse and Matthias smiled while mounting her. "You'll do girl. I'll make a real horse out of you yet." He said, patting her on the side.

He turned to see what the Nord's horse was like. It was small and muscular, perfect for long rides and rough terrain. "That is indeed a fine horse." Matthias commented, sensing the Nord's inexperience. "It'll serve you well, I'm sure." With that he turned his horse towards the Northern road and set off.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:34 am

Mounting his horse, Anaril calmed it from it's jittery state before seizing the reins and looking off towards the Breton that had already started trotting round the Red Ring road towards the silver road, and Bruma, nestled high in the Jerall mountains. 'Come friends, let us ride! If we make haste, we shall reach the city by sundown!' he kicked the horse, sending it into a gallop out onto the road, following the Breton at a fast pace. 'Now it begins!' Anaril yelled, passing by the old fort ruin just beside Wawnet inn.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 am

Jo'Rak rode to Fort Nikel, a base for the Bandits. However, Marauders were attacking and the Bandits were being forced inside the fort. Luckily for them, though, Jo'Rak was in an ideal position overlooking the fort. He shot down at the Marauders, killing at least 5 and maiming several others before they retreated. After Jo'Rak's dazzling display of skill, the Bandit commander was more than willing to lend him some 5 Bandits, 3 Bandit Outlaws and 2 Bandit Highwaymen to help him to capture a mercenary so he could learn more of their goal.

OOC:I'm using Skyrim bandit levels, and if you don't know what they mean-http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bandit
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:02 pm

The bandit force gathered at the Plundered Mine, and prepared a trap for the approaching mercenaries. Jo'Rak chose it as it was far enough away from Bruma so that the guards couldn't assist the mercenaries before he had captured one. He hid behind a rocky outcrop, and waited for the band of mercenaries. The others spread themselves out, preparing whatever sword, spell or bow they had to fight with.
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse