NATION

PASSWORD

4E 193: An Elder Scrolls RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

4E 193: An Elder Scrolls RP (IC)

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 28, 2012 2:15 pm

The streets of the Imperial city were filled with an eerie silence, interrupted by the satisfying clang on Hammer on Anvil. A thin fog snaked through the dense woods of The Great Forest and Into the streets, barely illuminated by the early morning sun, dappling sunlight onto the cobbles through the clouds. A watchman, clad in Imperial Horseman armour, strolls past Luther Broad's Boarding house, his torch throwing rays of distorted light into the dim alleyways, Butterflies casting shadows onto the foliage and well. A young Imperial man leans against the doorway of the boarding house, awaiting for the party soon to arrive to embark on a discrete but challenging endevour, certain to take them to every corner of Tamriel, should oblivion bar the way, to gather the works of Mankar Cameron himself: The Mythic Dawn Commentaries.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=180780

(Mm, might improve that post later. Anyway, the RP is now underway!)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Okan-Re stepped lightly towards the grand gates of the Imperial City. Two Imperial Watchmen gave him a nod of greeting as he they pushed open the gates, and he replied with a muttered "Good Morning." As he entered the Talos Plaza District, he gazed down at a small map of the city. He'd never been to the big city before, and had been impressed before he even got within a mile of the gates. The majestic and ancient White Gold Tower he saw for miles before he reached the city and the center of the Imperial Province. Now, it loomed over him like a towering giant.

After making his way through the Elven Gardens District and towards the Market District, he spotted through the mid-morning mist which reminded him much of his homeland of Black Marsh what appeared to be a young Imperial man standing outside the door of Luther Broad's Bording House. He approached the man, assuming it was the one they were supposed to meet. It looked like he was the first of the mercenaries to arrive.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Mon May 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Elic had set up shop out of a massive wagon drawn by 4 horses that he kept near him he had a small section near the Luther Broad's Boarding house hopeing some mercs would need gear repaired or replaced.He hadnt been dissapointed when some young imperials droped of a full load of swords to be repaird.

As Elic was working the steel furnace he was in hs full armor that had been enchanted against extreme heat and cold so the only breaks he took where for food water and the jacks.He had to go the jacks and on his way he saw an Argonian and thought to himself "odd why would an argonian be in the city,well its none of my business unless he needs gear that is" and he continued to the jacks.
A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

Ricot
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ricot » Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 pm

"So lass you leaving today?"
"That's right Sonne, you remember what I told you to do. In case the bad happens." Horatio got up from her seat, she was eating breakfast at her friend's home. Who often let her stay while she was on her monthy visits to Cyrodiil.
"I'd like to ignore it, but I'll be sure to follow your instructions. Good luck, and may the Gods guide you and your party."
"You know I'm not religious, but I'll take the luck."
Sonne laughed, "Aye well it's been great seeing you. I better be seeing you again and next time bring your brother!"
"I will. Goodbye Sonne!" Horatio waved at her friend as she left, making her way to Luther Broad's Bording House. She spotted an Imperial and an Argonian, who she guess would be members of her party.
"Well, looks like I arrived a little early."

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Okan-Re, pulling back the string of his steel bow and making sure the small iron dagger that was usually tucked into his leather boot was there, gazed towards the Bosmer woman that approached the two that seemed to simply hover around the outside of Luther Broad's, waiting for something that seemed like it would never happen. Though this wasn't exactly a job that required friendliness or hospitality, Okan-Re still couldn't help but utter a greeting as the Elf approached.

"Good Morning, elf." he said almost inaudibly as she approached, bending over to see how fast he could unsheath the dagger from it's hiding spot in his boot. It was fast, but he didn't seem pleased with it.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Elic was walking back from the jacks when he saw the elven women and said "greetings lady,good morning for work eh?" but he didnt stop to chat he then walked back to the steel furnace and got back to work on the swords he had to have done by noon.he fired up the furnace to searing red hot where anyone without the years of experince and armor elic had would be killed.
A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm

"'Luther Broad's Boarding House'," Alif read aloud from the map.

To the Redguard, this map could lead to a new chapter in his life. Not to say that he rediscovered his desire to go adventuring, but he very well knew he could retire wealthy right after he grabbed all these 'treasured' books for the filthy rich Pliton Magius. And what wouldn't a mercenary do for some money?

Alif looked up from the map to see the boarding house sitting right in front of him.

Well well, Alif thought. Looks like I'm not the only one who got the message.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm

'Aha, welcome, welcome! The master will e very please to see you.! The Imperial boy, finally perked up from his state of half slumber, thouroughly shook the Dunmer and Argonian's hands, before pulling open the steel-framed door to the inn, which seemed to absorb the shrouding mist inside. 'Please, come in! Make yourselves at home. I'll purchase everyone a drink on the house!' The young man beamed at the party before sauntering over to Antus Broad, A middle-aged Breton with a shimmering mace keeping true to his belt. Within a minimal space of time, The Imperial returned with ten bottles of Vintage West Weald wine, And a large sweetroll, drizzled with some fabulous type of Syrup. 'Now if you'll excuse me, I must go and greet the others.' the Boy said, gleefully rubbing his hands together. 'Master has already arranged your payment, But should you fail.. He glanced to the floor momentarily. 'Don't worry. Shouldn't be that difficult' the man said, looking up again with a mighty grin spread across his face before exiting the tavern once again.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:36 pm

"Alright then..." was Okan-Re's only response to the hurried and almost overly-happy and enthusiastic attitude of the Breton that had hustled them inside the inn. He took a bottle of the wine quickly, pouring it into a tankard and downing the full thing in under 5 seconds. Usually he wouldn't drink but now, he was tired from the road, and would drink anything he could find. Besides, it was quite possibly the finest wine in all of Tamriel and beyond, so might as well not waste it.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Tue May 29, 2012 7:27 am

Elic was putting down the last of the swords to cool and harden when he saw a redguard walk twards the inn and said aload "hmm these people look like they are geeting ready to do somthing stupid or really brave either way i might be able to sell some goods."and he walked into the bar and ordered a drink.
Last edited by Alrainia on Tue May 29, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 8:29 am

Weary from the long journey he had recently embarked upon, All the way from Summerset to Cyrodiil, Anaril let a deep sigh escape his lips as he spotted the weather-beaten sign reading 'Luther Broad's Boarding House'. Outside stood a beamish Breton in fine clothing, Clutching a piece of parchment whilst apparently ticking off names with a remarkable quill, Possibly made from the finest feathers in Tamriel. Whipping his invitation from the satchel on his belt, He flashed it to the man before being admitted inside. Already, Quite a party had assembled, Sipping crimson wine whilst speaking little to each other. Anaril understood that the race difference may prove quite an obstacle, A job like this would have to put racism aside.
'Good day, Friends!' He exclaimed, Pulling up a chair and sitting with the others. 'While we wait for the others to arrive, I thought i'd tell you where "His Excellence" Imperial nobleman thinks that the first book will be.' he chuckled, Pulling a map of Tamriel from 4E 191 from his satchel and spreading it along the table, Wary of the drinks he might spill. 'Our first shot is the bookstore in Rihad, Hammerfell. The Nobleman said that he possesses one of the only public copies of the commentaries first issue, And If we want to find it, It ought to be soon.'

Outside, A young man of unknown origin approached the inn. From his general composure and general odour of steel, The Breton servant at the door could distinguish him as a Blacksmith. 'Excuse me sir, But the Boarding House is currently reserved. May I see your invite?' he asked the young man in a polite but irritated tone.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 am

North Banrodesia wrote:Weary from the long journey he had recently embarked upon, All the way from Summerset to Cyrodiil, Anaril let a deep sigh escape his lips as he spotted the weather-beaten sign reading 'Luther Broad's Boarding House'. Outside stood a beamish Breton in fine clothing, Clutching a piece of parchment whilst apparently ticking off names with a remarkable quill, Possibly made from the finest feathers in Tamriel. Whipping his invitation from the satchel on his belt, He flashed it to the man before being admitted inside. Already, Quite a party had assembled, Sipping crimson wine whilst speaking little to each other. Anaril understood that the race difference may prove quite an obstacle, A job like this would have to put racism aside.
'Good day, Friends!' He exclaimed, Pulling up a chair and sitting with the others. 'While we wait for the others to arrive, I thought i'd tell you where "His Excellence" Imperial nobleman thinks that the first book will be.' he chuckled, Pulling a map of Tamriel from 4E 191 from his satchel and spreading it along the table, Wary of the drinks he might spill. 'Our first shot is the bookstore in Rihad, Hammerfell. The Nobleman said that he possesses one of the only public copies of the commentaries first issue, And If we want to find it, It ought to be soon.'

Outside, A young man of unknown origin approached the inn. From his general composure and general odour of steel, The Breton servant at the door could distinguish him as a Blacksmith. 'Excuse me sir, But the Boarding House is currently reserved. May I see your invite?' he asked the young man in a polite but irritated tone.

"All the way in Hammerfell eh? Well, distance aside, are there any obstacles we should be looking for? A few people who don't think we should get our greedy hands on the..'Commentaries?' Like the Mythic Dawn themselves, I assume they don't look too kindly on a bunch of adventurers taking their holy books." Okan-Re inquired with a small smirk, taking another sip of the wine that had been brought out to the group of mercenaries. It was much better than anything they had to drink in Black Marsh, that was for certain. Then again, Black Marsh wasn't exactly known to be a supplier of good drink anyway.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

Matthias walked along the street towards the Boarding House. He was thankful that the weather was reasonably cool as he was still wearing the thick furs of Skyrim which, while strong and great for a cold day, could easily make you too hot on even a warm day by the standards of the Imperial City. He made a mental note to buy some new clothes as soon as possible. As he approached the door he saw a Breton ticking off names from a list with a rather fancy feather quill. He took his invitation, briefly showed it to the man outside and walked in. There were a group of people from all different races sitting around a table with a High Elf saying something about going to Hammerfell. "If we're going to Hammerfell I'm going to need to buy some new clothes first." Matthias said, his Nord accent and clothing contrasting with his clearly Breton features. He saw that there was drink on over, but his heart soon sank upon seeing that only wine was on offer, I had been too long since he'd had some good mead.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Tue May 29, 2012 9:14 am

Elic looks suprised at the chalange of the pass "i have no invetation but i do have a room here i was going in to wash up and get my lunch." he was ajusting his hemet and mask the hole time and you could see a multitude of sars and an eye-patch.

Knoxidus
Civilian

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am

"Sorry to keep you waiting" Knoxos muttered as he entered the boarding house. He glanced around for a moment, instantly noticing the range of different races situated in the vicinity.
"Heh. I guess you're my party" he chuckled to himself at the argonian. Glancing around again, he noticed the high proportion of elves in his company.
"Wood elf, Gray skin, Thalmor scum, stay out of my way".
He began to stroke his blade, Soszahkrii, the then made a sudden jolting action forward with his arm. Noticing the undeterred faces of the elves, he began to smile to himself.
"Let's see how you like this!" he exclaimed!
The atmosphere began to change rapidly. Knoxos' body began to emanate with a dazzling aura. Surrounding his body was a sheet of pure white, and around him, perfectly formed orbs of light orbited him. From his body wafer thin streams of light shot, slicing finely through the air, generating small pockets of vacuum seemly distorting and refracting all present light. Now grinning, the orbs seemed to morph; suddenly conducting a significant amount of charge. Bolts of lightning shot around his body, crackling and snapping violently. "What's wrong, elf? Surprised that a Nord like me could possess such power?" he now sharply pointed his index finger at Anaril, his grin transforming into a frown.
Sensing his moral victory he stood down. Taking one last look, he noticed the imperial "ah, at least we're not all elf and beast in this company. It's good to meet another man." He outstretched his hand.

Ricot
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ricot » Tue May 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Horatio leaned back in her chair and took a sip of her drink. She'd never been to Hammerfell before, but she had heard various stories from travelers. When the Nord had done his little party trick, she rolled her eyes. The racism between Nords and Elves were quite apparent, especially from her travels in Skyrim. She turned to the Dark Elf.
"Pity we've got a bit of racism in the party, a show off at that. I'm Horatio Nalimir by the way."

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Anaril chuckled at the Nord's little stunt. 'Come come, You have to respect such a fellow for getting a sword that's intelligence is in complete contrast to his own. he set his drink onto the table and removed his gauntlets, rubbing his hands together to shelter them from the chill. 'Nonetheless, we don't want any disputes. We won't stand a chance against these Marauders and Cultists if we're fighting between ourselves.' he coughed, before tapping on the table which aroused Mr Broad, who brought a bottle of ale over on a iron platter. 'Well, as soon as we're all here, we should be on our way.'

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Anaril chuckled at the Nord's little stunt. 'Come come, You have to respect such a fellow for getting a sword that's intelligence is in complete contrast to his own. he set his drink onto the table and removed his gauntlets, rubbing his hands together to shelter them from the chill. 'Nonetheless, we don't want any disputes. We won't stand a chance against these Marauders and Cultists if we're fighting between ourselves.' he coughed, before tapping on the table which aroused Mr Broad, who brought a bottle of ale over on a iron platter. 'Well, as soon as we're all here, we should be on our way.'

Okan-Re chuckled at the comment. "A shame that such a wonderful blade should be wielded by such a man." he said, finishing off the bottle of wine. It wasn't very strong, but it was indeed good, which was all that mattered as of now to him. He was thirsty, and his thirst was quenched. Now he sat back, awaiting the other members of their mercenary band to congregate on the inn. "So, how many people exactly are there supposed to be anyway?" he asked no one in particular, letting the question float around to anyone who could answer it.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm

After shoveing his way past the guard Elic walked up to his room and washed up, when he walked back down all he ordered was water and a roasted rabit.As he finished eating he walked over to the group of mixed races with his sword and shield on his back and said "afternoon i heard what your group is doind and i was wondering if you need any gear fixed or supplies befor you left i have a whole chest of magik gear most of it is weak but i have some nice ones too."
Last edited by Alrainia on Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Alrainia wrote:After shoveing his way past the guard Elic walked up to his room and washed up, when he walked back down all he ordered was water and a roasted rabit.As he finished eating he walked over to the group of mixed races with his sword and shield on his back and said "afternoon i heard what your group is doind and i was wondering if you need any gear fixed or supplies befor you left i have a whole chest of magik gear most of it is weak but i have some nice ones too."

The Argonian smirked, barring a few sharp teeth from between his scaly lips, but for the most part it was a friendly one. "My friend, do you see this bow?" he asked, nodding towards the longbow he held in his hand, standing it up. "It's string is as taught as the skin across a man's bone, it is as accurate as any weapon in the land, magical or otherwise, and it was hand crafted by the greatest scaled-smiths in Black Marsh and beyond, better than the usual bows all the way to Akavir perhaps. And it was made from the finest wood available. No, I am in no need of weapons or armor, but I may need a quiver of arrows." he said, taking the quiver he had on his back off.

He counted them, and slid it back onto his back. "I don't think I'll need anything."
Last edited by Lancearc on Tue May 29, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Anaril glanced from the map up to the Argonian, producing yet another scrap of parchment. 'It appears are party is composed of ten persons, mixed races of man and Mer. Should be interesting' he exclaimed, tucking the note back into his satchel to hear a young man had entered. 'Hm' Anaril pondered. 'You're not one of us, who let you in hear?' he asked, curious as to how the mysterious man had gained access when the Boarding house had closed all rooms a night prior to the event, and that a guard stood vigilant on the threshold. 'Please sir. We have important business to attend to, and we do not need your own tarrying with ours. I'd you would'

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Matthias sighed at the Nord's stunt. "These elves are not our enemy." He said, hoping his Nord accent and clothing would mean the Nord would be less hostile to him. "Showing off like that is a bad idea anyway. If you waste your energy showing off then you will have less for a fight." His attention was then drawn to an Imperial who appeared to be trying to sell them stuff. "The security here is not so good. A simple blacksmith has walked right into our base of operations without so much as a challenge." Matthias said, mildly amused. "In any case I am not in need of any forged items. I'm sure anyone who does can meet you at your forge." He said looking around at his future companions. He walked over to the door and held it open for the man. "Would you kindly leave us to go about our business?"

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Tue May 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Alif strolled about the house. There wasn't really much to note, barring some expensive tomes and some unsoiled swords (And even then, these artifacts could be bent or broken and no one would miss them anyways).

Behind his back, Alif could hear the others socialising and being merry as they await the same task laid upon the Redguard himself. He wasn't one to mingle with other people lest he wanted the Daggerfall incident to occur once more, but keeping to himself had made him a bit restless for conversation as well.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Gideus
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gideus » Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Kimor walked down the street, hood down as well as his mask. It wasn't like any of them would recognize him now, the bounty had disappeared when he had been jailed and escaped. None of the Plain Stingers had ever revealed their faces and only less-than-reputable individuals would recognize the symbol on his left shoulder pad, barely distinguishable from the dark leather around it. A beggar held his hands out, and in one smooth motion as he walked by, he flicked a gold coin into the man's hands. As a previous member of the Thieves' Guild, he had learned to always stay on the Beggars' good side. Continuing to walk, his tail swishing back and forth, he came to the street that the Boarding House was on. The letter he had received had told him to come there... However, he wasn't about to just walk in somewhere. For all he knew, it was just another chance for those filthy Imperial bastards to take him in to prison. Going down a side alley, he looked both ways, and then jumped up, grabbing a ledge under a window. Quickly making his way over to a gutter's drainpipe, he climbed up that a few feet, before getting to the second floor windows. Propping himself there with both legs and an arm, he got a lockpick out from his belt and started fiddling with the window. As the window's lock popped open, he opened it and did a kind of cartwheel-vault in. Crouching down, perfectly still and quiet, he closed the window behind him and locked it again. Carefully walking down the stairs, being sure to not make a single sound, he peeked around the corner, seeing that it was just a gathering of other mercenaries and adventurers like himself. Straightening up, he walked down.

"Hello! Hello! I believe I found the right place... Is that wine for me?"
Last edited by Gideus on Tue May 29, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass(12/18/12)
Economic Left: 5.75
Social Libertarian: 6.87
This represents my nation, Gideus, as well as me.

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Everything you said is perfect.

Those who ignore history's lessons in the ultimate folly of war are forced to do more than relive them ... they may be forced to die by them. - Dan Simmons, The Fall of Hyperion

My opinion on feminism, MRA movements, and other similar movements.
I DO NOT use NS statistics, unless specifically requested to do so for individual RPs. Rest assured I will not godmod, I will use logic.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 pm

The Argonian smirked, barring a few sharp teeth from between his scaly lips, but for the most part it was a friendly one. "My friend, do you see this bow?" he asked, nodding towards the longbow he held in his hand, standing it up. "It's string is as taught as the skin across a man's bone, it is as accurate as any weapon in the land, magical or otherwise, and it was hand crafted by the greatest scaled-smiths in Black Marsh and beyond, better than the usual bows all the way to Akavir perhaps. And it was made from the finest wood available. No, I am in no need of weapons or armor, but I may need a quiver of arrows." he said, taking the quiver he had on his back off.

He counted them, and slid it back onto his back. "I don't think I'll need anything."[/quote]
Elic look at him and all you can see is his one eye he points to the sword and shiedl on his back "you paid for yours with money i paid for mine with blood and and eye yours may be one of the best but the truly best is earned in blood and battle." Then turns and looks at the other man "sir i have had a room here for 5 days i came to get an ale and saw potential business now i think all of you can relate to that" and with that he turned sat and stared at his ale mug as if thinking.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse