NATION

PASSWORD

63n3515 - Chapter 1: Cartel Chronicles (New, Open IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

63n3515 - Chapter 1: Cartel Chronicles (New, Open IC)

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 am

0632 Hours
On the Miami Coastline
NBC News

A reporter stands with his back to the surf, waves crashing against the beach, far larger than normal. Off in the distance some boats are seen swarming toward a point about half a mile off shore. The sun is shining, but a light spray of water appears to be coming down.

"Hey Paul thanks for the intro. I'm standing here on Miami beach where a meteor has just crash landed on the surf about half a mile off shore. NASA is declaring it a 'fluke' and that it was a 'billion to one chance' that it would not only enter the atmosphere, but not burn up on the way down. Meanwhile the Air Force is scrambling to figure out just what went wrong with their early warning system, designed to let them have ample reaction time to destroy such a threat before it crashes into the surface, potentially causing millions or even billions in property damage."

The reported put a hand to his ear and cocked his head to the side, appearing to be listening to something.

"This just in, NASA and the Air Force report that the Meteor was emitting a new and never before seen type of cosmic radiation, which allowed it to bypass all radar installations and to punch through the atmosphere with ease. According to NASA's preliminary results, the radiation should not, that is not, be harmful to humans. More at seven."

0715 Hours
Off the Miami Coastline
CNN News

A reporter is standing in a boat, behind him you can see the coast of Miami Beach, perhaps a quarter of a mile or so away. He is wearing a rain hat, but a suit and tie.

"Thanks Jim, what we are currently floating a quarter mile away from is the meteor that crash landed in the ocean about half a mile from Miami Beach. The Coast Guard has set up a perimeter with a quarter mile radius around the meteor, which is submerged in a hundred feet of water. The Coats Guard sent down two dive teams a minute ago, to check on potential damage to the earth's crust and the possibility of tectonic shift, which might result in earthquakes and tsunamis. More at eight."

0805 Hours
Main Fox News Studio
Fox News

A well dressed man wearing a suit and tie is sitting down facing a news anchor in the studio. A title flashes up on the screen, Joint NASA/Coast Guard Spokesman, Levi Stein

"Nice to be here Paul, can I call you Paul?"

"Of course, may I call you Levi?"

"Be my guest. So, what would you like to know about the meteor?"

"Well our viewers are dying to know, what is the official report on the meteor?"

"The facts are sketchy right now Paul, two dive teams went down about a quarter after seven, and came up just twenty minutes ago. The Coast Guard is ruling it a potentially dangerous crash site. The radioactivity is like nothing we've ever seen before, from what we can tell no human would die due to contact with it, but we can't tell what else it might do."

"What do you mean what else?"

"Actually the scientists over at NASA are divided. About half of them feel it is as good as inert, the radiation is so low it is harmless. The other half think that it can cause changes to the genetic makeup of a human being."

"Well those are some radical differences there Levi."

"Yes they are Paul, both sides have some very compelling evidence to support their theory. Only time will tell whether or not the meteor's radiation will be able to harm humans."

"Now, is it true that three people were in the immediate vicinity of the crash?"

"Yes it is. Those three have been taken to a Navy Hospital where they are being given the best of medical care that Uncle Sam can provide."

"What are the names of those three people?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that without their permission."

"Of course of course, and, anything else the public should know about the meteor?"

"Well, in this case I'd say it's safe to trust the government. Just trust us, and don't try to get past the Coast Guard perimeter. It's there for your safety. You can still swim and surf in the ocean, just give us some space to work."

"Alright that's all we have time for, thank you so much for coming Doctor Stein"

"Not at all, it was my pleasure."

Thirty Days after Crash
CNBC Studios
CNBC News

A conservatively well dressed woman sits at a table in front of the CNBC studios background. She is holding a small stack of papers and is smiling at the camera.

"Hello America! I'm Lindsey Swanson and this is CNBC news. Our top story today, the government is now selling tickets for a superhuman raffle! We now go live to our reporter in the field, Ben Adamson."

The camera switches to a reporter standing in front of a 7/11, with a sign in the window that proclaims "Super Power Raffle Tickets Sold Here"

"Thanks Lindsey. As you can see behind me the government is now issuing in all fifty states raffle tickets for so called super powers. A spokesperson from the government claimed that the meteor that touched down off of Miami Beach three days ago emits a radiation that not only allowed it to bypass our early warning systems, something we are trying to replicate even now, but the radiation also causes radical changes to the human DNA structure. A few "beta testers" as the government has dubbed them, were voluntarily exposed to the radiation, and gained powers that can only be described as coming from a comic book. Tickets are being sold to be exposed to the radiation, which randomly, and I cannot stress that the powers are random enough, randomly changes the DNA of the human. Already known powers include, but we assume are not limited to, Freezing Breath, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, and even Electrokinesis. Tickets are sold for thirty dollars a piece, a record price, and are almost sold out for the first round."

Hello. You know why you're here. You won the lottery. Which lottery? The only lottery that matters. The superhuman lottery. It has been three months since the lottery began. You each have your own powers. Your own strengths. Your own weaknesses. One thing you have in common, you are more than human. Your powers are yours to use, but beware. Anger and prejudice against so called Homo Superiors is rising. The first child of a Homo Superior has been conceived, and people wonder if it will have the same powers as it's parents.

You are a part of this world now. You have to do what you think is right.
Last edited by Planeta de los Muertos on Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Zamantula
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zamantula » Thu May 24, 2012 2:27 pm

James stood on the sidewalk in front of the bar. The sheer idiocy of what he was about to do would normally have stopped any normal person from attempting it, much less a super-person like himself. But, then again, he had been dared to get a lottery ticket, and what happened? Now, he could, at will, move through solid freaking objects. Having powers was awesome, and testing them with Duncan, Rafi, and Chris had given all of them fits of hysterical laughter. But now, the real test. They had driven to Ft. Lauderdale to avoid anyone they knew. This was something that needed to be done outside of Miami.

Duncan sat against the wall, with Chris and Rafi right next to him. All of them were excited and eager. Duncan stood up and walked over to James. He put his hand on James's shoulder and said, "Alright, so all you need to do is phase through the back wall, scare the bartender, and phase back." James replied, " What then?" "Then, we run like hell!" Duncan crept back over to Chris and Rafi and got into a crouching stance, ready to run. James took a deep breath, let it out, and then walked through the wall.

James always compared phasing to walking through a tank of water. It gave you a interesting sensation, but all the same, you knew you didn't want to stay for long. He came out in a bathroom stall, which smelled vaguely of piss and vomit. He banged his shin against the toilet, and bit his lip to prevent himself from uttering a curse. He slowly open the door of the stall and walked outside, still holding his throbbing shin. He peaked out the door and saw the bartender at one of the tables, trying to clean gum off the underside of the table. He passed through the wall and the bar, always facing the backside of the bartender. Suddenly, she turned and headed around to the bar. James quickly phased back thorough the bar wall, into the room behind it. James stuck his head through the wall, and saw the female bartender tie up her blonde hair and reach under the table. Praying to God that nothing bad happened, James phased his hands through the wall and grabbed the bartender by her waist. The reaction was immediate, as if this had happened many a time before. She immediately came around with her fist, and smashed the wood frame where James's head had been just a second before. The bartender cried out in pain, and held her fist as she looked around in anger. James, who was struggling not to laugh, stuck his head through the bar again, said " Hey, baby," to the stunned woman, and then ran like hell through the counter.

He passed directly through the tables and the wall to the outside. He saw Chris, Rafi, and Duncan and said, "Go!" The four boys ran off, laughing as they fleed.
Last edited by Zamantula on Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun Batime,
Zamantulan Ambassador to the WA

My region: Zaklenite Territories.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or the others crazy? -Albert Einstein

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Unknown

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu May 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Eileen, still in the 'hospital' where the other three who were first exposed to the meteor's radiation, was currently sleeping like a rock. She had become quite adept at her powers, and had now wrapped herself in a cocoon of hair. She snored lightly, not really enough to wake the other two occupants of the room she was in. They would be getting out of here for good shortly, and so would she. Free, finally free to go back to her nice, safe, bar where there were no government agents to pester her. She would probably change the name to something more, well, heroic.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Arch sat on the banks of the Mississippi River. Earlier in the day, he had finished his fine dining experience in New Orleans. The food was excellent and he was ready to return to his home in Coral Gables, Florida. He looked around to see if anyone was watching. No one was in sight, so he walked down the the river and dunked his foot into the water. He began to dissipate into the water until he was no more. Arch was now part of the water itself and he pushed his way upstream. His long journey would be made short by his newfound powers of Hydroportation and it would also be free.

Hours later, Arch emerged from the banks of the Miami River. His travels left him somewhat damp, but he was used to that by now. He walked to a nearby parking garage and found his car. It was a dark red 2006 Ford GT with brilliant white racing stripes. The car roared to life as Arch turned to key in the ignition. He pulled out of the parking garage and journeyed south to his home in Coral Gables. Superpowers definitely made life easier.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Thu May 24, 2012 2:45 pm

"McLanahan, Matthews, Romero." a man in a suit said, holding some sort of clipboard. "You are free to go."

Those were the magic words for Veronica. She had waited for them for so long, at one point she had thought that this custody business was indefinite. The night before, she had inadvertently refrigerated much of the room with her amazing ice breath ability; she has a snoring habit, much to the chagrin of others. But now, her future took a turn for the...weird. The woman found herself with every other mutant pseudo-captive outside of the hospital. The once familiar skyline of Miami was totally different now that people got powers here and there: fliers, speedsters, strongmen, psionics, shapeshifters...mutants of all colors and backgrounds due to the meteor's radiation.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu May 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Josh was standing before a heavy iron door, his heart pounding furiously and a drop of sweat working its way down the side of his face. In all his life he had never been so excited, so hopeful, as he was at that moment. He had spent all his life savings on lottery tickets, and won. He had been given this opportunity to get powers, to become someone who actually mattered, to become great. And all that separated him from his destiny was a door, which would open any moment now. His breath caught in his throat as the door slowly parted to reveal a heavily fortified room with a glowing container in the middle, and he stepped through, mesmerized by the glow. When they asked him if he was ready to go ahead with the procedure he raised his thumb, too excited to speak. And then the container opened, the glow growing so bright that he had to shut his eyes to it, and the radiation poured through him.

Pain overwhelmed him, he wasn't sure if he was screaming or not, but he felt as if every part of his being was suddenly set on fire. For a few moments he regretted having come, thinking that his life was going to end in that underground room, but then it happened. All of a sudden the pain stopped, and he saw for the first time, truly saw reality as it was. Beyond the mundane world of mere physics, beyond the ability of humans to understand, there was something much greater. Without any warning he suddenly vanished from the room, leaving behind a group of very confused scientists.

In the space beyond space, where time did not exist, he changed. The energy that inundated everything flowed through him and from him, and it bent to his will to turn him into something more than he was. When he emerged again he was no longer the meek human he had once been, he had become what he had always wanted to be, a god made flesh. The chamber with the space rock was no longer bathed in the strange glow, the container having been sealed so the scientists could go in and try to find out what had happened to him. When he reappeared they did not react, they could not see him, and their instruments could not detect him. With a smirk he left the underground facility, emerging into the cool night to see the stars above in a way he had never seen them before.

While staring up at the sky he became uncertain, not sure what he should do with his newfound powers. There was so much that he wanted to do, things he had never thought he would be able to do, and now that he suddenly could do anything he found that he couldn't choose. The situation struck him as amusing somehow, and he couldn't help but laugh as he strolled away into the night.

Reselia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Thu May 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Tag - editing later.
'The people united can never be ignited'~ Guards! Guards! Terry Pratchett

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
3- Military Mobilisation (High Alertness)
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Simon stood in front of a car outside of a Mcdonnalds writing a ticket. He had been patroling the block when he noticed the vehicle was parked in a red zone and rushed over quickly to write the ticket before the owner of the car came out. He wrote quickly and a bit sloppely, slipped the ticket onto the windshield wipers and jogged off. As he left, he heard the doors to th Mcdonalds open followed by an irritated "what the hell?!" He turned hs head around to see who the unlucky customer was to see a kid in his late teens staring angrily at the ticket while his frinds stood b and laughed. Simon kept on walking.

Simon had recieved his powers about month ago. He never bought a ticket, but he found one off of a thug he was chasing down an ally once. It had fallen out of the thugs pocket as he was running and Simon couldn't help but notice. He knew what it was and losing a thug in a chase as worth stopping for that ticket. He bent over an picked it up, turning it over to see the number on the back . The announcement for the winner was the next day and h couldn't pass up this oppertunity. The next day, he had sat in his apartment for hours just waiting for the announcement to come on. Suddenly, the music on the radio cut and a mans voice came over.

"Hello boys and girls and welcome to another session of the superpower lottery." Started the anouncer in a rather semi-enthusiastic tone.

"Now I know you guys are just shaking with anticipation, so here are the winning numbers.

A few ruffleing sounds are heard in the backround as they draw the numbers.

"And the winning numbers are..."

The numbers went by fast, but Simon heard them in slow motion. He lookd at his ticket and shouted. He had just won.

"I WON!" he screamefas he rushed to gather his things.

"I can't believe this. I Simon Finn have won the superpower lottery!"

He rushed out the door and head down to the labs to get his reward. When he arrived at the designated location h stumbled through the doors and slapped the ticket on the table. The at the counter looked up at him unimpresed and then spoke into a small intercomm.

"He's here. " she said coldy.

Momnts ater a man came through a door and look right at Simon with a smile.

"You mus be the lucky winner. Step right this,way"

He motioned into the door and Simon followed hos orders. He then went through about 10 minutes of tests and paperwork until two men brought him to a door. Simon stood anxiously, almost considering leaving, but stook to it.

"Are you ready?" Asked a man over an intercomm.

"Yes sir" Simon replied and the door opened.

Simon stepped through, closing the door behind him. In the center of the room was a container of what appeared to be pure light.

"Ready?" Asked th intercomm again.

"Of course" responded Simon quickly.

Suddenly, the container opened releasing the radiation which surged through Simons body. His muscles tightened and his blood felt like it was boiling. All he could see was himself. To be more accurate, he saw nine of himself. Then in an instant, the conainer cloed and he nearly fell to the ground. He stumbled around for a moment, trying to regain his composure before looking around the room. It was empty. He looked down at himself, nothing had changed physically. He strained his head to see if something would happen. Nothing was happening.

"... it didn't work" he said with dissapointment.

"We can try again if you like" said the intercomm in confusion.

"No no, that's all well." Started Simon sadly. "I'm just going to go home"

The doors behind him swung open and Simon walked out in dissapointment. Two men came to meet him in the other room. Confusion filled their faces.

"I'm sorry sir. This has never happened before." Said the man. "We'll get it figured out. We'll call you when we get this fugured out."

The man put his hand out for a hand shake and Simon responded by grasping his hand.

Suddenly, a burst of energy surged from Simons body and into the scientist who stumbled back and gasped. Simon Simons face then suddenly turned from confusion to surprise. In front of him stood... himself. The scientist had become an exact copy of Simon. The two stared at each other in amazement before Simon spoke.

"Wha- you're me!"

The copy looked down at himself and then back at Simon.

"I know" it said with a large grin. "And I have to say, I look good"

The two then laughed in unison before Simon really realized what had just happened.

"Wait!" Started Simon. "Bring the other guy back!"

The copy looked around confused. "What other guy?"

"You know, the scientist! Bring him back" shouted Simon.

Then, the copies face began to warp and in moments, he reverted back to the scientist.

"Ehat just happened? " asked the scientist while holding his head.

"... I have no idea." Replied Simon slowly.

Tho other scientist, who had just wittnesed the whole thing looked on with confusion as the other scientist began to walk off. He followed.

That was about a month ago. Now, Simon could turn people for however long he wanted. He hardly used this power though. It wasn't something he found much use for, tough that would changes soon enough. He continued his patrol through the streets of Miami.
Very soft
Song

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri May 25, 2012 3:20 pm

I was born but thrity-five years ago, yet I have lived forever, having existed since before time, before this very universe. I have spent billions, trillions of years combating evil, spawned by me and the evil that spawns itself. I fought endless battles against horrors behind the imaginations of my old fellows in humanity, beings that the very sight of would drive any mortal instantly insane. I won. I destroyed them all. But my mind continues to create new monsters for me to fight, sprung forth from the nightmare of a god. Beings that can actually kill me.. and while I would want to embrace to end this insanity, I would leave this universe and all life in it defenseless of the evil that lurks and waits to destroy it. My very existence endangers all life, but it also preserves it. And while I would gladly give up my powers in a heartbeat, or even die to escape the madness and enter oblivion- I cannot. For it is only I who commands the resolve to resist corruption, resist the temptation that omnipotence brings. I am the ONLY one who can protect this universe, and all those that will follow it. My old life is gone, I destroyed it so long ago that time itself cannot measure the year. Despite my power I am enslaved to reality, forced to be its guardian. The terrifying thoughts of what may happen should I end myself is the only thing that prevents me from destroying myself and giving into rest. I cannot even sleep, I cannot rest my weary mind. For to do so is risky, when I sleep a world can be destroyed. A galaxy is consumed by some horrifying entity that my nightmares created. I am alone, alone in infinity, and know no rest, no peace, no happiness. For the passing momment when I laugh is not worth the chaos that springs forth when I am not busy protecting life. Oh how I LONG to give this all up, but I can't. I CAN'T. For nobody besides myself can be trusted with such power, and I do not even completely trust myself. I would pray to a higher power to save me from this damnation, but I AM that higher power, I am the deity, I am the god that watches over all. And there is nothing to watch over me, nothing to save me. Damned to an eternity of servitude. What a cruel twist of fate. Could it have been someone else? Would that same power have resulted from the meteor, and I was the unlucky individual? Was it pre-detirmined for me to acquire that power. Did I, myself, realize that only I could handle such power, and force reality to enter a paradox? Or is there a higher power? NO, SUCH CANNOT BE THOUGHT. For NOTHING can be stronger than me, and if something is of equal power it is to be destroyed. Already you can destroy all of reality with a mere dream, and you COULD create something stronger than you, but such cannot be trusted. You cannot trust yourself, let alone create a being stronger than you to simply comfort your weary mind. You, YOU are the guardian, the only force attempting to prevent everything from spinning into chaos. You've managed this much, now you must continue. A storm is brewing on this planet and its heroes will need guidance, its villains the knowledge that there is a greater being who stands ready to defend humanity at all costs. A being who would sacrifice a thousand worlds to simply save his humble home, which does not know that it is a rare, wonderful world, perfect in every sense and could achieve so much, if it only survives.

Greene continued to think as he came spinning down toward Miami, lost in his endless mind scarred by endless horrors. The omnipotent being quickly started to heat up as he burned in through the atmosphere and crashed down into virtually empty beach (everyone was still glued to finding information on the meteor), smashing a deep but small crater into the sand (and turning some of it into glass). The ancient creature groaned as he pulled himself out of the crater, his gloved hands digging into the sand and pulling his body up and out (landing with a bit of a flop that ruffled his fedora and coat). Greene then stood up and smothed his coat and pulled on his fedora to get it in the proper angle. Hopefully nobody noticed his burning into the beach from space. Greene hated crowds.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 pm

The streak of light hurtling through the sky caught Josh's attention, because it was very rare that a man fell from space, even after the meteor had started to create superhumans. And somehow he knew that the man who fell from the sky was going to be a problem, someone with powers that rivaled, or maybe even surpassed, his own. If he had actually decided what he was going to do with his powers he might have had to plot and plan to kill the man, but until he knew if the man was actually going to bother him he decided that he might as well have a small chat with him, find out who he was.

In the same instant he had made the decision he stepped softly onto the beach, the sand not even moving beneath his feet. He had chosen to look simply like a tall man dressed in a shapeless black robe, his inquisitive yellow eyes peering through the night at the other one. This man who fell from the sky was wearing peculiar clothes, more fitting in a noir thriller than a beach, and a small crater was burned into the beach next to him, most probably the place where he had landed. It seemed very odd that someone so powerful would travel in such a way, it seemed inefficient.

"Hello there," he said simply, stopping a few feet away from the man, "who are you, and why did you fall from space?"

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri May 25, 2012 6:33 pm

"It's one of the last joys in all of reality. Hm. I suppose I still have some humanity left in me after all if I enjoy smashing into things at high speeds. I am Mister Greene, the fact behind the myths. Originally I I was born thrity five years ago, but now, ah, now I am far older than I look. Tell me mortal, how old do you think I am? Go ahead and guess, I find it adorable as you all attempt to wrap your minds around such numbers. Of course, it's not so much of a number. Infinity, eternity, whatever you'd like to call it. I have existed before time, before space, before the universe before this one before that one and before that one and before that one...." Greene rambled on for a bit, repeating 'before that one' until he gave up and started to dust himself off and brush sand off his shoulders.
"Now where was I? Ah yes. While I could simply snap my fingers and fill your mind with the infinite amount of universes I have seen come and go, I don't think you'd enjoy you head exploding. Or a coma/death in truth. 'Exploding' from simple information is not technically possible."
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 am

"It's not a very fun guessing game if you tell me the answer," Josh said, "it rather ruins the point of it. Nevertheless, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Greene. What brings the self-named god of everything to Miami?"

Josh found this man to be quite amusing. For all his power he was obviously not very perceptive of the true nature of things, if he mistook Josh for a simple mortal, and he seemed quite obsessed with time, suggesting that he was still somehow bound by it. Knowing the flaws of a potential enemy was useful, and this man seemed quite unable to not rant about himself given any opportunity to do so.

Reselia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Jane was walking across the city to visit a certain bar, quaintly named "the Superior Den", when she noticed an argument between two people on the beach. Normally, she'd take no interest, but these two seemed... different. Walking up to them, Jane said "Hello, how are you two?"

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sat May 26, 2012 11:51 pm

"Weary after an infinite amount of being. But with this meteor business Earth will require my intensive watch and so I launched myself at the planet and crashed into the ground over there." Greene said as he lazily pointed to the smoking crater on the beach.
"I could have just teleported from my home dimension, but it's rather dull when compared to burning in from space."
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Reselia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Sun May 27, 2012 2:15 am

AETEN II wrote:"Weary after an infinite amount of being. But with this meteor business Earth will require my intensive watch and so I launched myself at the planet and crashed into the ground over there." Greene said as he lazily pointed to the smoking crater on the beach.
"I could have just teleported from my home dimension, but it's rather dull when compared to burning in from space."

"O-K..." said Jane slowly. "Uh, can I just ask...? Infinite? Teleport? Launch? You're an alien, aren't you.
Well... that's my guess."

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun May 27, 2012 2:26 am

Josh turned to the woman who approached them, smiling politely. "I'm more than fine, thank you. And you?"

This Greene person was obviously an uncivilized thug, and seemingly quite egocentric. When someone asked how you were you always asked them the same in return, it was the most basic part of human interaction. Being godlike was no excuse for being rude. And this woman was not just an ordinary human either, she had powers. Perhaps Greene couldn't see that, he had already proved quite blind to the true nature of things, but to him it was glaringly obvious.

Reselia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Sun May 27, 2012 2:29 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:Josh turned to the woman who approached them, smiling politely. "I'm more than fine, thank you. And you?"

This Greene person was obviously an uncivilized thug, and seemingly quite egocentric. When someone asked how you were you always asked them the same in return, it was the most basic part of human interaction. Being godlike was no excuse for being rude. And this woman was not just an ordinary human either, she had powers. Perhaps Greene couldn't see that, he had already proved quite blind to the true nature of things, but to him it was glaringly obvious.

"Myself? I'm fine as usual... luckily I have a holiday from work. That is, an extended holiday." Jane started grinning as she said this, sounding upbeat and happy. "So, do you two know each other?"

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

New Abooutland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Abooutland » Sun May 27, 2012 2:36 am

Reselia wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Josh turned to the woman who approached them, smiling politely. "I'm more than fine, thank you. And you?"

"Myself? I'm fine as usual... luckily I have a holiday from work. That is, an extended holiday." Jane started grinning as she said this, sounding upbeat and happy. "So, do you two know each other?"

"Well we were freinds in High School" Said Josh. "We were the best pranksters the School ever had, but like all teens i changed my ways and stopped being a low life but they were good times, really good times" Said Josh smiling
My Political Stance:Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.59
Call Me NA
why aint bush and blair being charged for war crimes in the ICC - Our leader Fanuu Baski

Im Muslim and Proud to be half Pakistani
GO NEW ABOOUTLAND!!!

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun May 27, 2012 2:38 am

Reselia wrote:"Myself? I'm fine as usual... luckily I have a holiday from work. That is, an extended holiday." Jane started grinning as she said this, sounding upbeat and happy. "So, do you two know each other?"

"No, not really," Josh said, "I saw him fall from the sky, and wanted to see who he was. I have now determined that he is a very powerful superhuman with narcissistic tendencies and a great fondness for talking, mostly about himself."

He smiled at her again, "I'm Josh, by the way. Nice to meet you."

Reselia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Sun May 27, 2012 2:39 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Reselia wrote:"Myself? I'm fine as usual... luckily I have a holiday from work. That is, an extended holiday." Jane started grinning as she said this, sounding upbeat and happy. "So, do you two know each other?"

"No, not really," Josh said, "I saw him fall from the sky, and wanted to see who he was. I have now determined that he is a very powerful superhuman with narcissistic tendencies and a great fondness for talking, mostly about himself."

He smiled at her again, "I'm Josh, by the way. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Jane. Nice to see you too." Jane leans forward and whispers something in his ear: "I think you're right about his narcissistic talking tendencies, by the way."

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

Horses were fun, especially Thoroughbreds. They were fast and somewhat elegant, unlike what Miranda usually appeared as - a fat middle-aged woman. So it was nice to be looked at for being a horse running down a street instead of laughed at for her looks.

Her friend Sara had won the lottery a few months ago, but had been too scared to go through with it. So she'd called Miranda and offered her the ticket. Miranda hadn't been one to say no for the last five years, so she accepted. And after the procedure had finished, she'd found herself able to turn into a horse, which was admittedly awesome. She'd moved in with Sara and her husband, Paul, here in Miami. She missed her home in England, but here was nice too, even if the temperatures were a bit too high for her.

But being in equine form helped siphon off the heat, and it was hilarious to watch reactions as she trotted down the street with clothes clenched between her teeth. An old man started yelling, and she snorted in his general direction. The closest to a laugh she could manage. A little boy, perhaps a toddler, was staring at her in amazement. Miranda stood still, lowered her muzzle, and nudged the kid, making him giggle. The mother, a girl who looked way too young to have kids, slapped Miranda's neck away, so she snorted and started cantering down the street instead. Wait, what the hell was that? The phrase 'Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! IT'S SUPERMAN!' surfaced in her mind, and she set off at a gallop to find out what had fallen from the sky.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

CoolLand
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby CoolLand » Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 am

George Poulos was the heir to the Poulos fortune. He had homes from Palm Beach, to London, from Beverly Hills, to Paris. But, he desired more, he already had billions, and almost everything he could want, except powers, superpowers.

He really desired superpowers, and had bought tickets, and one day, he has gone to visit Miami, and as he was driving his Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster, as it all went black...

He awoke from the blackness, and saw flames, and something that looked like a large, glowing rock. His Lambo was wrecked, but he wondered what had happened, but soon, suddenly, je went forward in time...

"Welcome to the South Beach Hospital! You can go out today, you are better now.", said a nurse
"Thanks...", said George, as he wondered how he got in this place, as two men in suits, and sunglasses entered the room.
"What, are you the Feds? Or the IRS, or FCC?", asked George, as he laughed
"No. We are from the Central Intelligence Agency. It appears you hold British-American-Australian-Canadian-French-Japanese- and Swiss citizenship. It appears you were hit by a meteor, originating from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. It also appears you have been given peers, known as reality manipulation...", said an agent, as a man with a suit, and white hair walked in...

"I am from the Mi6, what these men are saying is that, bloody hell mate, you got superpowers, you can do bloody anything! Now, get on with it, and go! Have a bloody good time!", said the man with a British accent, similar to George's, as George got up out of his hospital bed, changed his clothes, and entered his Range Rover, and began TI drive away, when he heard an argument of people on the beach...

He knew it was illegal, but he did it anyway, he began to drive his Range Rover on the beach, he then shut off the engine, and stepped out of the car, in his fine suit, and said, "What is going on, if I may ask?", asked George, in his British accent...
A wise man once said, capitalism don't work for everybody baby.
Proud Founder of The Union of Socialist Nations, The International Space Agency, and The Region of Georgeland.
DEFCON- 12345

RIP Coolboygcp, unjustly banned March 12, 2012, by Naka. Also add 3256 posts to post count, and please call me Coolboy, or Coolboygcp.
Communist Coolboycp
Hope Isles
And many more secret alts...

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun May 27, 2012 2:53 am

Reselia wrote:"I'm Jane. Nice to see you too." Jane leans forward and whispers something in his ear: "I think you're right about his narcissistic talking tendencies, by the way."

Josh chuckled, "basic psychology, really."

"I couldn't help but notice that you have powers," he said after a moment's pause, "would you mind me asking what you can do?"

Reselia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reselia » Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Reselia wrote:"I'm Jane. Nice to see you too." Jane leans forward and whispers something in his ear: "I think you're right about his narcissistic talking tendencies, by the way."

Josh chuckled, "basic psychology, really."

"I couldn't help but notice that you have powers," he said after a moment's pause, "would you mind me asking what you can do?"

"Myself? I don't do anything special - I can only manipulate gravity to any extent possible. Changing the subject a little, is that a horse with clothes in it's mouth? Do you - ARRGH! Land Rover!"

1- 9/11
2- Fighting a war
4- Low Alertness
5- Peacekeeping

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 am

Out on the beach, quite far from the street Miranda had been on but not far enough to take more than five minutes at a gallop, she could see a few people talking. Nothing was lying on the floor dead, and no meteors were sitting around, so Miranda assumed whatever had fallen was either invisible or human. If it was invisible, then there was something strange going on. If it was human, Miranda guessed they'd won the lottery. She trotted over to them to listen in to the conversation and try to find out.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse