NATION

PASSWORD

Elder Scrolls: The Great War (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Spetznaz Assault Teams wrote:Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Leyawiin, Cyrodiil

Benyamin rolled his eyes. "For the love of... yes. Okay? Happy? For the love of the thrice damned gods is there no end to the god forsaken mer in this place! Stupid question I know, in a Thalmor fortress, in a Thalmor City, but still. A man has his limits! I've already slaughtered..." He paused, his eyes rolled upward, and he appeared deep in thought.

"Lets see, I did for four, add the guard, plus those two sentries... Yup. Seven of you already. My short friend did for two, and my lady friend in the back did four. Thirteen. Want to go for fourteen? Really we'd just as soon walk out of here and out of your hair, but hey. Your call." As he spoke Benyamin engaging in mental dialogue with Petnea, but gave no outward sign.

What is she?
Mage, powerful
Chances of our getting past?
Well?
I was checking the status of her mind.
And?
She doesn't have support coming.

Dralin let no emotion pass her face, but a great disapoinment filled her. Is this what had become of the Brotherhood?

She shrugged it off, rolling her wrists. The man continued to babble, but she sensed that the psionist was speaking with him through his mind. No magic was involved in this deduction, just common sense. She picked her blades out of the corpse of her capture, the one she had been labeling an idiot for years. She felt... Sorrow.

But she shrugged this off too.

And then she turned to see Eneyla. She looked between her family, the Brotherhood, and her master, a Thalmor.

And she no longer knew what to do.

She dropped the blades, and leaned against the wall, mind racing.
Last edited by Zemkal on Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 pm

The Dark Brotherhood
Leyawiin, Cyrodiil

Benyamin stared her straight in the eye. "We don't leave our own behind." He paused. "Also. Perhaps it is time for you and myself to be acquainted properly Miss Enelya. A woman of your beauty has the right to know. My name is Nameless, most powerful of the Black Hand. My name is Son of Sithis, he-who-walks-unseen. My name is Benyamin Do'urden, last of the Five with the dirt of the road on his boots and the blood of his foes on his blades. At a later date, dinner and drinks is on me."

MIss!?! Enelya left eyebrow twitched slightly, she killed her last commanding officer back in the Dominion for calling her Miss. She took a deep breath and nodded. "I see. What noble sentiments, I did not know the Dark Brotherhood cared so much for its...toys. Your name does not interest me peasant but your position within the Dark Brotherhood fascinates me. However there isn't much time now to play with you and the rest, so much to do, so little time. the invasion must continue of course." Enelya turned, her back facing them. "Now that we met, I have my eye on the Dark Brotherhood, for now you will live but I will not take this slight lying down. You have insulted the Dominion by breaking into her territory and stealing Dominion property. For that the full might of the Dominion will be expended to hunt the Dark Brotherhood into extinction."

Enelya laughed quietly, "But for now, I will honour my agreement. Go. The wards have been taken off. Go but beware, the next time we meet, you are all going to die......Oh...And trash. Enjoy your little breath of freedom, treasure it for now. The Thalmor Dominion always gets back what it owns."
The Reformed Republic of New Endenia
Peace. Order. Progress.
| Factbook | Embassy Exchange | Newswire | Link |

Spetznaz Assault Teams
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spetznaz Assault Teams » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Benyamin Do'urden
The Dark Brotherhood
Leyawiin, Cyrodiil

Benyamin gestured and Athrogate and Petnea vanished into the tunnel. Benyamin however, couldn't resist one last parting shot. He was a master at reading people's faces, and he saw that the word miss had set her off.

"Now that's just charming. The truth is, miss, the full might of the Dominion may very well destroy tow or three sanctuaries. If you're lucky, four or five. But we are the sons and daughters of Sithis and the Night Mother. Your pathetic mortal army is hardly a match. I have seen the dawn and dusk of a thousand empires, and will enjoy the dawn and dusk of a thousand more." His tone was no longer the part of the fool, it was as harsh as a sword, as cold as an arctic wind.

"I have seen far greater leaders than yourself youngling. I have fought far greater warriors than yourself whelp. I was leading armies before you were at the teat. First rule of warfare is to respect your opponent. You will fail. The Brotherhood will survive. I will survive." With that, the Assassin left the room as silently as a feather dropping onto a pillow.
Last edited by The God Emperor on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, infinitely many times in total.

Spetznaz Assault Teams wrote:Tis I! Spetz!

And yes, Len is me and I am Len. Toodles!

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

New Endenia wrote:
The Dark Brotherhood
Leyawiin, Cyrodiil

Benyamin stared her straight in the eye. "We don't leave our own behind." He paused. "Also. Perhaps it is time for you and myself to be acquainted properly Miss Enelya. A woman of your beauty has the right to know. My name is Nameless, most powerful of the Black Hand. My name is Son of Sithis, he-who-walks-unseen. My name is Benyamin Do'urden, last of the Five with the dirt of the road on his boots and the blood of his foes on his blades. At a later date, dinner and drinks is on me."

MIss!?! Enelya left eyebrow twitched slightly, she killed her last commanding officer back in the Dominion for calling her Miss. She took a deep breath and nodded. "I see. What noble sentiments, I did not know the Dark Brotherhood cared so much for its...toys. Your name does not interest me peasant but your position within the Dark Brotherhood fascinates me. However there isn't much time now to play with you and the rest, so much to do, so little time. the invasion must continue of course." Enelya turned, her back facing them. "Now that we met, I have my eye on the Dark Brotherhood, for now you will live but I will not take this slight lying down. You have insulted the Dominion by breaking into her territory and stealing Dominion property. For that the full might of the Dominion will be expended to hunt the Dark Brotherhood into extinction."

Enelya laughed quietly, "But for now, I will honour my agreement. Go. The wards have been taken off. Go but beware, the next time we meet, you are all going to die......Oh...And trash. Enjoy your little breath of freedom, treasure it for
now. The Thalmor Dominion always gets back what it owns."

Dralin said nothing. She did nothing. The word freedom was something she was not used to. Then again, something inside her said she woulf end up back here, in the hands of the Thalmor, and the Dominion.

But she had this... Freedom... Temporary, but still.

She waited silently for her Master to evaporate, and only then did she take back up her daggers. Without a word, she walked into the escape route.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 pm

OOC: TIMESKIP TIME!

IC:

Enelya heard the parting shot of the assassin. His bold proclamations did not surprise her, everyone is capable of making such statements but...the power within him. It unsettled her slightly, the invasion was going off without any problems but within a month or so, she had encountered two individuals who could possibly challenge her might, the Marshall of the Blades and now this....Nameless as well. But as much as it unsettled her, it also intrigued her greatly, this will not be a boring invasion after all.

She saw additional Thalmor troops rushing towards her, swords drawn. "Don't bother insects, they have escaped. You failed." She walked past them in disgust then paused. "Commander, round up all the officers in charge of security for the Castle and the wall adjacent to it. Have them all executed for failing the Dominion."

"Ye...Yes Great One."

She continued walking, there was much to be done, the Invasion continues and there is something in Skyrim that she wants to investigate.

Timeskip to Invasion of Bravil

Enelya stood silently next to Lord Naarifin, at the top of a hill overlooking the Dominion host that was surrounding Bravil and laying siege to it. Lord Naarifin had arrive with additional reinforcements and had marched on Bravil yet the city's mighty defences would make the siege and subsequent battle costly to the Dominion. "Continue firing Commander, I wait the city to burn for their insolence in defying the Dominion."

"Yes Great One."

Enelya turned to her commanders of the Warlock Corps. "Commanders. We shall break down the gates of Bravil, do this and we will secure the Thalmor Dominion a solid victory in this war. Your orders are as follows, concentrate all arcane energy at the City Gates, blast the gates apart. Nothing can stand up against our arcane might!"

"Ah...err.....Actually....Great One....Pardon us for contradicting you but our preliminary scrying over the walls and gates have revealed something...new. The Imperials have learnt from their mistakes in Leyawiin, the walls and gates have been warded to resist direct magical attacks. Our arcane powers will have no negligible effects on the gate." A Commander spoke out, slightly terrified at the prospects of correcting Enelya.

She glared at him and then sighed. "Fine. A standard siege then. Oh and Commander, thank you for correcting me. As a reward, you will lead the first charge up against the wall."

"Ah...err.....sigh...Yes Great One."
Last edited by New Endenia on Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace. Order. Progress.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm

"Mhmm... Right..." Niniel mumbled to herself as she read the map. She finally accepted an offer from the Legionnaire in charge as she was ordered to look out for Aldmeri from southernmost Bravil, and it wasn't plain sailing to be going down there.

The Bosmer's experience in Bravil hadn't really improved since the incident with the Nord. Niniel could only find shelter in the chapel of Mara as all the publicans turned her away from their inns. Getting work required a hefty amount of convincing on her part as an elf, and it took an elderly veteran's heart attack to land her the job (That didn't do much to bring cheer to her day). Then, she had to fend off several pickpockets and other assorted thieves as they tried to leech some coin out of her, and it usually ended violently.

And the smell! By the Nine, the stench that pervades Bravil stings her eyes!

Now that she was on the southern island, Niniel was searching about for another quiver of arrows, and last she heard, the Archer's Paradox had exactly what she needed. Problem was, she didn't know where the shop was located.

"Err, excuse me," Niniel asked as she tapped on someone's shoulder. "Do you know where I can fi- Jo'Rak? Is that you?"
Last edited by Vahvanti on Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Jo'Rak had heard someone approaching for a while and hoped they'd pass him by, as he was in thought as to what had happened to his Nord friend Hakiig. He hadn't seen him for days, and he thought it strange that he disappeared after his behavior the day that they happened upon their Bosmer friend. He'd been in that trance one night, and the next morning he'd wandered off. He heard the footsteps coming towards him, and he inwardly sighed.

He was surprised to hear the voice of Niniel, and he turned to greet her with a smile. "Niniel, I wondered where you'd gone off to! I thought you'd just moved on. So, where've you been anyway friend?" he said, obviously happy that she'd stuck around Bravil and with the Imperial Legion. He assumed he may have passed by her one day and not even noticed, as it was a relatively small town, but he'd been very distracted the past week or so and not to mention the sheer number of people now overpopulating the town.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Terripin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terripin » Wed May 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:Fort Orcato
Nibenay Valley
Cyrodiil
4E 171, Fourteenth of Sun's Dusk

Emperor Titus Medes summoned the troops outside the fort, as he stood upon a podium; beside him, the Marshall of the Blades, the Marshall of Imperial City, General Crazy Al, the General Dux of the Army stationed in the Valley, the new Imperial Battlemage, an Altmer named Telindar, who was most certainly loyal to the Emperor, some Blades and Penitus Oculatus bodyguards and a variety of politicians. The number of men covered the entire valley; although most legionnaires, there were also several Blades, Oculatus agents, volunteering Guards and citizen Militias to make up an army, which had a final size of 21,000 legionnaires from all 7 Legions in Cyrodiil, 7,500 Guards from across Tamriel, who have volunteered to form two new Legions, the 23rd and 24th Legions, along with 1,500 assigned to replace the losses in the Fifth and several thousand unaccounted militiamen and guerillas, who likely numbered from a conservative estimate of 2,000, right the way up to 6,000.

"Men of the Grand Army of Cyrodiil" the Emperor began. "We are gathered here in Nibenay Valley to defend the institute that is the Empire. It is here 9 Legions of the Empire is summoned. Collectively, the Thalmor outnumber us 6:3, but we have Imperial steel and bravery to defeat them. Their supply lines are cut-off and Bravil is all set to be a massacre - a massacre for the Thalmor!" A cheer echoed through the valley, with the undisciplined guerillas giving out whistles of approvements, while the Legionnaires gave a cheer and a round of applause. "These are grim times for the Empire; the Imperial Battlemage Ocato was murdered in cold blood. He was one of the greatest Imperial Battlemages the Empire ever had, one who refused to surrender to the Thalmor Coup and remained loyal to the Empire way after the Oblivion Crisis. He served the Septims themselves - the Dragonbloods - and us Medes, who restored order to the Emperor. This fort is named in his honour. To replace him, we have searched long and hard but I am happy to present former Arcane University professor Telindar as the new Imperial Battlemage".

The men clapped, but for some it was a forced one; the Altmer were now the scapegoats of Tamriel and many would had preferred a Breton as the Imperial Battlemage. There were sounds of booing from the militiamen.

"The death of General Mathus of the Imperial Legion and half of Fifth Legion in the Battle of Leyawiin shocked us all" the Emperor continued. "It is sad that we have to replace him and several other Officers. I am proud to award the following men of Fifth Legion with a commission or promotion". A list of names was spoken, most notable being Captain Antioch becoming a Legate and Jo'Rak becoming a Praefect". Then came the all important position; General of Fifth Legion.

"As Emperor of Tamriel, I hereby commission Legate Mist-Walker in the rank of Generalship" he announced. Most people clapped and cheered like they meant it, but there were some doing the infamous false applause; an Argonian General? First an Altmer Imperial Battlemage, an Orc General Dux and now an Argonian General. Mist-Walker stood up to the podium and kneeled in front of the Emperor, who handed him the General's Armour and Sword. A customary salute and the new General Mist-Walker stood on the podium.

"However, we are also gathered here for a sad reason; the first deaths in the war, from Ocatos' to the brave citizen of Leyawiin, must be remembered" the Emperor said, his grim tone lowering the theme of joy. "Let us stand for a minute of silence". Everyone stood, a word not said, apart from the occasional coughing. When it ended, the unofficial tradition of a round of applause echoed the valley.

"Remember Legionnaires, you are not just doing this for the Emperor... you'[re doing this for Tamriel" he shouted, the cheers of an Army ending it as he left the podium. The Generals began shouting orders, sending them to their posts. The Fifth Legion would have a tough job; to train the new recruits into Legionnaires, although at least they were ex-Guards, so they would be ready before any major battle. The Battle of Bravil was beginning.

Imperial City, Cyrodill
He was on his the last letter in the musty chamber and was about to stand up to go to the bookbinder when the door burst open. Around 10 Imperial Legionaries and some mages came in. At first he thought that a purge of Altmer in the Empire was finally happening. His thoughts wandered around. It was better to die an honourable death, he decided. There was no real way of escaping. Then Telindar realized the congratulations he was recieving.
"-and upon the murder of The Honourable Chancellor of the Elder Council, Imperial Battlemage of the Emperor Ocato, Telindar of Chorrol, Arcane University professor and former mage of the Empire is to be appointed as the new Imperial Battlemage of the Emperor.
Telindar could not believe what he was hearing. Ocato had been murdered? It was almost impossible. He had known Ocato and was once or twice before the Oblivion Crisis tasked to help him in affairs. His death was almost unthinkable. While he was not the most powerful mage as Emperor Uriel Septim VII had learned the hard way of appointing the most skilled mages in positions of high power within the Empire from Jagar Tharn, Ocato would be someone hard to kill.
His appointment as Imperial Battlemage of the Emperor astonished him. He was now one of the older wizards in the Arcane University, though there were a few more Altmer and Dunmer older. Had this taken place during the reign of Uriel Septim he and a few others would definitely be marked as not to be selected because of the risk they could pose to the Emperor. The Empire was truly becoming desperate. He didn't blame them. Telindar had heard Naarifin was a master strategist that baffled the Imperial Generals and a certain Enelya was a child prodigy who easily took down hordes of Legionaries.
He faked a smile and shook hands, accepting the congratulations. Quickly, he rushed to his desk and spotted an apprentice.
"You, go bind this, make copies. Here," Telindar handed the apprentice some septims and the finished copy of On Theory of the Void Nights. "Sell it, I don't care. Just spread it around and perhaps I'll know if my work was successful or not." The apprentice, shocked, simply grabbed the coins and the manuscript running to the printer.
He took a deep breath and walked out of the Arcane University with the guards.
Fort Ocato, Cyrodill
The Emperor announced his appointment as Imperial Battlemage and the crowd clapped. Telindar could see some only clapped out of politeness. The recent Thalmor invasion made the atmosphere very anti-Altmer. He couldn't blame anyone, especially during a war when the enemy has penetrated so far as to rooting out every Blade in their land. It was natural to think most High Elves were spies. Telindar gave a curt nod at the applause and listened to the various promotions.
He did not hear them. For now he was thinking on how to counter the Empire's greatest threat. Just a day ago he had been handed a profile of the Thalmor force invading Cyrodill, primarily on Enelya, the most talented mage of the Thalmor. Reports said that she was dangerous to approach without magical wards and an arsenal of arrows and spells.
The speech ended with a moment of silence and some cheering words from the Emperor. Those words would not save them, Telindar thought to himself. Only their wits and courage would now.
Approaching the Marshall of the Blades and Crazy Al, Telindar spoke, "Sirs, if you have some time to spare please listen to me. I hav- I mean, based on the intelligence given to me I think that we should rather, change Imperial battle doctrine to effectively combat the Thalmor." he finished the last part of the phrase smoothly.
Last edited by Terripin on Wed May 30, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Wed May 30, 2012 5:25 pm

"Oh, I've actually stuck around in Bravil since we parted ways..." Niniel replied. "I'm... struggling to adjust myself here, but I hope to get by with time."

The Wood Elf looked down and reread the map. "You don't, by any chance, happen to know where the Archer's Paradox is, do you?"
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed May 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Jo'Rak nodded, listening intently. "Hang in there is the best I can say. My kind don't exactly receive a warm welcome and a friendly smile around the Nibeny Basin either, and I've been around here for most of my life, and all of my Legion duty." he said. Then he gazed down at the map, nodding. "The Archer's Paradox should be around the southern portion of town, right here. Across from the Lonely Suitor Lodge." he said, moving his hand around the lower part of the map from where Niniel would be looking at it. "The sign should be easy enough to find once you're there." he finished.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

"Really?" Niniel asked. "I've been wandering down here all day and I couldn't find either of these places."

The Bosmer looked up from her map only to find the Archer's Paradox standing right in front of her.

"Oh..." she said. "Well, thanks for the aid, Jo'Rak. ...I think I might be able to get there on my own."

With that, she went towards the shop. For such an eagle-eyed archer, Niniel wouldn't know there was a treasure chest of gold if it was sitting one step in front of her.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed May 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Jo'Rak smiled a joking smirk, nodding. "No problem." he replied as the Bosmer walked towards the shop. He looked down at his own bow, noticing that the nocked arrow had fallen onto the ground. He picked it back up, positioning it back on the bowstring and turning back towards the horizon, to once again stare at nothing for a good six to seven hours, waiting and watching. He sighed, blinking slowly.

I hate guard duty. he thought.

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 pm

New Endenia wrote:OOC: TIMESKIP TIME!

IC:

Enelya heard the parting shot of the assassin. His bold proclamations did not surprise her, everyone is capable of making such statements but...the power within him. It unsettled her slightly, the invasion was going off without any problems but within a month or so, she had encountered two individuals who could possibly challenge her might, the Marshall of the Blades and now this....Nameless as well. But as much as it unsettled her, it also intrigued her greatly, this will not be a boring invasion after all.

She saw additional Thalmor troops rushing towards her, swords drawn. "Don't bother insects, they have escaped. You failed." She walked past them in disgust then paused. "Commander, round up all the officers in charge of security for the Castle and the wall adjacent to it. Have them all executed for failing the Dominion."

"Ye...Yes Great One."

She continued walking, there was much to be done, the Invasion continues and there is something in Skyrim that she wants to investigate.

Timeskip to Invasion of Bravil

Enelya stood silently next to Lord Naarifin, at the top of a hill overlooking the Dominion host that was surrounding Bravil and laying siege to it. Lord Naarifin had arrive with additional reinforcements and had marched on Bravil yet the city's mighty defences would make the siege and subsequent battle costly to the Dominion. "Continue firing Commander, I wait the city to burn for their insolence in defying the Dominion."

"Yes Great One."

Enelya turned to her commanders of the Warlock Corps. "Commanders. We shall break down the gates of Bravil, do this and we will secure the Thalmor Dominion a solid victory in this war. Your orders are as follows, concentrate all arcane energy at the City Gates, blast the gates apart. Nothing can stand up against our arcane might!"

"Ah...err.....Actually....Great One....Pardon us for contradicting you but our preliminary scrying over the walls and gates have revealed something...new. The Imperials have learnt from their mistakes in Leyawiin, the walls and gates have been warded to resist direct magical attacks. Our arcane powers will have no negligible effects on the gate." A Commander spoke out, slightly terrified at the prospects of correcting Enelya.

She glared at him and then sighed. "Fine. A standard siege then. Oh and Commander, thank you for correcting me. As a reward, you will lead the first charge up against the wall."

"Ah...err.....sigh...Yes Great One."

Aladur had left Erondil to help the rearguard of Leyawiin, staying in a less dangerous position for an elf who had almost lost his life to a ruthless mercenary band. Aladur prayed that they be enlightened some future day, but when he arrived at Bravil he rarely had time to pray.

He had spent some time traveling Tamriel as a child, and Bravil was no different. A young Aladur could be found frolicking in the rivers that flowed through the city's gates when not practicing his magic or working for his father. This knowledge of the city's outlay was about to become useful. Aladur approached Enelya, one of the highest officers he knew existed.

"Commander, I believe I have some useful information."

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Jo'Rak sat in one of the towers along the walls of the city. It was dark, lit only by a single candle. It was crowded with archers waiting for something. So they sat and waited. Jo'Rak was at the front of the line. The sound of a dying soldier alerted Jo'Rak to rush out of one of the large towers and onto the battlements positioned along the walls of Bravil. He took up the position of an Imperial archer that fell, grabbing some of the arrows out of his quiver. It was almost as if the Legion now didn't care about who died, as long as someone else ran up to fill their spot. But, of course, that's what a siege was all about to Jo'Rak.

He began firing arrows down towards the Thalmor troops that advanced on the walls. He could see that some of them were casting complicated spells designed to try and find a way around the wards placed by the Imperial mages, but they seemed to be doing next to nothing against the magical barriers the Legion had instilled around the walls and gate of Bravil. A wizard cast a frost ball towards him, but he ducked behind a battlement, and he felt the chill of the magic as it flew past him narrowly. Jo'Rak took aim once more and fired three arrows, only hitting the wizard with one but hitting him near his heart, a quick death from blood loss.

It seemed to Jo'Rak that they had the advantage. The terrain around Bravil made it so that moving an army quickly was not an option. They were on an island, and the only way towards the Northern gate was across a narrow bridge, so they couldn't even consider attacking from there. That meant that the full bulk of the Legion's massive forces could focus on the road coming from Leyawiin. Jo'Rak fired again and again, this time taking aim at a crew that was pushing a siege ladder forward, and he along with an Imperial's arrows stopped their attempt.

Most important to Jo'Rak was the lack of secret passages.

They had discovered one, but it was heavily guarded by magical enchantments and daedra creatures, so there was no way any army could get in through that way. For the next couple of minutes he didn't even think, simply firing his arrows and occasionally cutting down a foolish mage who stood in the open or hunkered down behind the Imperial barricades.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm

"What do you mean I'm not allowed to buy it!?" Niniel asked the shopkeeper. "Look, sera, I have the coin! I have plenty of coin! I'll pay you double the price for just one quiver!"

The Imperial shopkeeper was steadfast in his refusal. "I don't care how much gold you're offering, I can't let you buy anything from here!"

"And why is that?" Niniel asked.

"Because!" the shopkeeper replied. Niniel waited for him to continue. "... Just because!"

The Bosmer found his answer unsatisfactory. "It's because I'm a mer, isn't it?"

The shopkeeper was visibly shaking. "You- You don't understand!"

The chatter of the crowd outside were suddenly replaced by screams and trampling feet. Out of reflex, Niniel quickly snatched the quiver and went out to see the Imperials moving northwards to battle. Could this be time for her to step in?

But who's watching out for anyone down south? she suddenly thought. The mer figured that she should fulfil her original duties until a Legionnaire comes by to pull her towards the action, so Niniel went south to take care of the wall.

The shopkeeper watched in vain.
Last edited by Vahvanti on Wed May 30, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Wed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm

As Jo'Rak continued raining his silver arrows down upon the attacking Thalmor, he ducked down under the battlement he fired from behind as an almost continuous stream of lightning, fire, and frost bolts flew over his head. He stayed down long enough to see the Dunmer beside him fall, and also see that Niniel was rushing towards the wall that he and his comrades were perched on. He grabbed some arrows from the fallen Dark Elf's quiver and peeked back over the battlement.

I hope that damned Elf knows what she's doing, and has a steady aim and dead eye...an adventurer's skirmish is probably much smaller than a siege between two massive armies... he thought as he fired. He noticed some Thalmor had once again started pushing the siege ladder forward. He fired at them, taking 6 arrows to kill them all. He was disappointed by his inaccuracy, but at such ranges it was to be expected.

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Wed May 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Enelya looked up from her maps to see a Thalmor Officer standing in-front of her, she studied the officer and went back to looking at her maps. "Go on Officer, what useful information do you have for the Dominion? Just don't waste my time, the last officer who did....well...let's say no resurrection spell can bring him back to life."
Peace. Order. Progress.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm

As Isratial stood poised to throw a spell towards the gate, he held his breath for the moment that the gate began attemping to batter itself in. The only thing that did come was the Corpse of an archer, tumbling down from the battlements with an arrow in his eye. Conjuring shimmering lilac bow Into his palms, he dashed up the nearest tower and spilled out onto the battlements. The atmosphere was vastly different from inside the Walls; a cruel wind blew, Cutting into the many archers stationed upon the wall, Squinting to protect themselves from the gale. Darkness shrouded the forests surrounding the city, it's tendrils sneaking towards the city only to be repelled by the torches upon the Walls. Several soldiers were trying to storm the Walls, even a group of 8 with a ladder, but their lack of numbers caused them to be shot down instantly. The other siege equipment was out of sight; for now.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Thu May 31, 2012 4:14 am

Push and shove was the order of the day as Niniel hurried her way to the frontlines. If not for the reminder of a passing Legionnaire, the adventurer would have been scouting south for all eternity. She still hoped that the shopkeeper from the Archer's Paradox will understand her rash action, but that was definitely not the most pressing matter at the moment.

May Stendarr have mercy on their souls, Niniel prayed as she nocked her arrow and fired down below. She didn't really know wether her arrow caught anything, so the Bosmer pushed further to the front to get a clear view of the siegers, and she could only stare in disbelief at her opponents.

The reviled Thalmor: A sea of Altmers dressed in gold and black, aided by such dazzling equipment like gleaming catapults and pearlescent siege ladders. What they lack in sensible military fashion however was made up for in pure skill; Niniel felt a strong gust of wind breeze past her right ear as the arrow went straight into the mouth of an unfortunate Breton.

The Wood Elf stared at the body in absolute horror. She barely managed to dodge the arrow originally intended for her neck, now landing in the chest of another Imperial. Steeling her nerves once more, Niniel replied with her own arrow at the Aldmeri archer.

The arrow caught the soldier's eye, prompting her to fire the arrow at her fellow archer's head in a fit of panic. The Altmer was left stumbling about, knocking into ladder bearers and disrupting formations before getting caught between the fire and lightning of two Thalmor and Imperial mages. Needless to say, she was toast.

"Ow...," Niniel quipped.
Last edited by Vahvanti on Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 am

Bodies began piling up all around Jo'Rak, but it seemed that the same was happening on the ground with the Thalmor. On both sides, in the battlements or on the ground, fighting for the Empire or no, it seemed that whenever a soldier or mage fell, another one simply took his place in the fight. It seemed to Jo'Rak that this would simply come down to who had the most men at the end of the day. As he crouched to nock another arrow, he looked to his left and saw a Redguard stand up and fire, and simultaneously get burnt to a crisp and knocked backwards off of the high wall by the well aimed fireball of a Thalmor mage.

The man fall to the ground screaming, and the only thing Jo'Rak heard after that was a 'thud' accompanied by the sound of steel armor plates crashing against the ground and each other. The only other thing he noted when he popped up to fire once more was an unlucky Altmer who had an arrow in her eye socket and was stuck between two mages casting destruction spells. Jo'Rak didn't really need to guess what happened after that. He looked away, firing towards a few mages who were still trying to formulate a spell to get past the magic wards around the walls. He ended their attempts with a well placed arrow to the lung and forehead.

He saw that he was slowly running out of arrows, and would have to get off the wall and to the quartermaster to get some more, if the old Imperial veteran was still alive at this point. He stood and ran quickly, none of the spells that were cast towards him fast enough to catch the speeding Khajiit. He ran almost all the way across the wall, passing multitudes of Imperial archers, passing a few citizens who decided to help out, and people that crouched behind battlements shouting orders of who to target. He looked back, noticing someone had taken up his spot.

Someone pulled Jo'Rak down by his tail as he ran, and he fell onto the hard stone. Under normal circumstances he would have returned with a punch, but when he rolled onto his back and looked up he saw a rain of arrows flying over where he was standing. He nodded towards the Nord archer that had pulled him down, and stood, running the rest of the way until he found a way down off the walls. From there, he proceeded to the armorer's tent to locate the quartermaster.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu May 31, 2012 9:22 am

New Endenia wrote:Enelya looked up from her maps to see a Thalmor Officer standing in-front of her, she studied the officer and went back to looking at her maps. "Go on Officer, what useful information do you have for the Dominion? Just don't waste my time, the last officer who did....well...let's say no resurrection spell can bring him back to life."

"Commander, I know for a fact that Bravil is built over a river. This you know. But I got to thinking that the river has to flow in there somewhere, and I figured that there must be openings for the water to flow through the walls. If we cannot get in through the gate, we could try poisoning the stream or attempting to break in through there. I spent some time in Bravil as a child, and I know where the opening is." Aladur stood at attention, awaiting his either refusal or praise from his commanding officer.

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Thu May 31, 2012 11:31 am

Enelya listened to the commander and gave no expression. She looked out of the tent to see the ongoing siege, she was frustrated at the imperial battlemages preventing her from destroying the city walls outright. "Very well, an excellent idea Commander. If only more commanders could think like you and not throw themselves against the walls." She gave a look at the ongoing siege and turned to look at the Commander.

"You will lead a detachment of my elite forces and Warlocks. Break through the water gate there and get me an opening into the city. Kill the battlemages that are holding up the city's magical defences, once that is done, I will be able to enter the city and I will end the siege. Do not fail me Commander, if you do. You are better off dying there than returning to me."
Peace. Order. Progress.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 pm

New Endenia wrote:Enelya listened to the commander and gave no expression. She looked out of the tent to see the ongoing siege, she was frustrated at the imperial battlemages preventing her from destroying the city walls outright. "Very well, an excellent idea Commander. If only more commanders could think like you and not throw themselves against the walls." She gave a look at the ongoing siege and turned to look at the Commander.

"You will lead a detachment of my elite forces and Warlocks. Break through the water gate there and get me an opening into the city. Kill the battlemages that are holding up the city's magical defences, once that is done, I will be able to enter the city and I will end the siege. Do not fail me Commander, if you do. You are better off dying there than returning to me."

Aladur began to speak up, but cut himself off when he thought of the rewards of insubordination in the Dominion. I didn't mean to lead something, I just wanted to get the idea out there... Hope this works. Aladur straightened himself up again and saluted his officer, before a thought came to his mind once again.

"Where shall I meet these troops, Commander?'"

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Thu May 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Aldares wrote:
New Endenia wrote:Enelya listened to the commander and gave no expression. She looked out of the tent to see the ongoing siege, she was frustrated at the imperial battlemages preventing her from destroying the city walls outright. "Very well, an excellent idea Commander. If only more commanders could think like you and not throw themselves against the walls." She gave a look at the ongoing siege and turned to look at the Commander.

Aladur began to speak up, but cut himself off when he thought of the rewards of insubordination in the Dominion. I didn't mean to lead something, I just wanted to get the idea out there... Hope this works. Aladur straightened himself up again and saluted his officer, before a thought came to his mind once again.

More questions?, Enelya was getting slightly annoyed, she was used to Commanders merely obeying her orders and not adding question after question. "They are at the assembling area. 20 Warlocks and 30 Thalmor Dominion Guards. They will suffice for this mission. Now go." She turned to another officer standing in the background, "And you, inform our forces to prepare to move out, once this brilliant commander creates an opening, we are to charge in and hold the opening there."

"Yes Great One."
Peace. Order. Progress.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 pm

New Endenia wrote:
Aldares wrote:Aladur began to speak up, but cut himself off when he thought of the rewards of insubordination in the Dominion. I didn't mean to lead something, I just wanted to get the idea out there... Hope this works. Aladur straightened himself up again and saluted his officer, before a thought came to his mind once again.

More questions?, Enelya was getting slightly annoyed, she was used to Commanders merely obeying her orders and not adding question after question. "They are at the assembling area. 20 Warlocks and 30 Thalmor Dominion Guards. They will suffice for this mission. Now go." She turned to another officer standing in the background, "And you, inform our forces to prepare to move out, once this brilliant commander creates an opening, we are to charge in and hold the opening there."

"Yes Great One."

Aladur got the sense he was becoming a nuisance and quickly left with his soldiers. Not only were they Aldmeri soldiers, but elite Aldmeri, the very best kind of soldiers that Aladur knew, besides some other personal meetings with exceptional characters. Quietly, Aladur snuck under the cover of reeds to the water's edge, and stepped in. Casting a Water Breathing spell, he dipped himself under the current and began swimming downstream towards the city's wall. Following suit, the Warlocks and Guards under his command cast the basic spell and began swimming after him.

In the twilight, the Aldmeri were almost invisible when they donned their Thalmor uniforms instead of battle armor, which although it was very strong, was also shiny and noticeable. The black coats the soldiers donned now blended right in with the riverbed and the water...

Aladur whispered for his alchemists and a conjurer.

"I need all the Nightshade extract and Slaughterfish you can damn well fit inside this canal. If we get found out before this is done we're all fried shit, and I can't have that. Now go!" Several Altmer started dumping out bottles of purple liquid and a Bosmer began casting odd spells that made evil-looking yellow fish start flying downstream.

Aladur looked up to see a flare go up in the sky; the signal that the other sides were dammed up.

"Good job, fellows. Now all we have to do is wait them out. The city of Bravil is about to get real quiet. Now run back out of the water and report to your normal posts."
Last edited by Aldares on Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse