NATION

PASSWORD

4E 193: A Elder Scrolls RP (OOC; Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm

I just started playing Oblivion again a a Nord, 30 base intelligence xD

'What is it, Snow-man?' ORSIMER
Y U HATE ME

Knox, It's all Ok with you being a Battlemage and skill at magic, but due to the nature of your Race, you couldn't dwarf any Mer with magic.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 12:47 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Aye, Also taking into account the only thing stupider than a Nord is an Orc.

There was really no need for that. Nords and Orcs are canonically as smart as every other race. They just tend to favour swords over magic. Those who do become mages are just as competent at it. For example: Tolfdir from the College of Winterhold.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Still, You have to go a long way to master any magic as a Nord or Orsimer. And due to their muscular composure, Using huge weapons is often suits them more.

'I used to be a dog. But then I got better. Not a better dog. I wasa terrible dog' I love that.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Britcan wrote:
North Banrodesia wrote:Aye, Also taking into account the only thing stupider than a Nord is an Orc.

There was really no need for that. Nords and Orcs are canonically as smart as every other race. They just tend to favour swords over magic. Those who do become mages are just as competent at it. For example: Tolfdir from the College of Winterhold.

Well, they DO have the lowest intelligence in Oblivion, and Skyrim I believe.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Lancearc wrote:Well, they DO have the lowest intelligence in Oblivion, and Skyrim I believe.

Intelligence basically means 'magical ability' as that what it affects. Also Redguards have lower intelligence than Female Orcs.

North Banrodesia wrote:Still, You have to go a long way to master any magic as a Nord or Orsimer. And due to their muscular composure, Using huge weapons is often suits them more.

I agree that most Altmer will tend to be mages, most Nords will tend to be warriors and most Bosmer will be archers. The key word is most.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Still, Only a select group of Nords would be that goof with Magicks, and I doubt they would be doing Mercanary Work.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Still, Only a select group of Nords would be that goof with Magicks, and I doubt they would be doing Mercanary Work.

I agree totally that no one should be doing that sort of thing in this RP for some time. If anyone is going to be doing things like that anytime soon it should be our pure mage.

Machiavellionia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Machiavellionia » Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 pm

This says the OOC is still open, but to what extent is it open? (I.e, what characters do you still want or need?)
If possible, I'd like to have some kind of silver-tongued, wily, slippery Imperial Alchemist type character. Just curious if that would fit into your ideal of this RP.
Call me Mach. It's what I imagine friends would do.
London's Burning: 1970s London set RP about a fascist led civil war in the UK. Choose your side, fight for your vision of Britain.
Machiavellionia wrote:Interesting fact: Britain has only ever had two communist MPs (as in, members of the Communist party, rather than just, say, Labour members with communist tendencies) and they were both thrown out of Parliament in around 1962. For fighting. With each other.

That's right. I sigged myself. Cus I'm 'ardcore.
Economic Left/Right: -0.86
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.94

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Machiavellionia wrote:This says the OOC is still open, but to what extent is it open? (I.e, what characters do you still want or need?)
If possible, I'd like to have some kind of silver-tongued, wily, slippery Imperial Alchemist type character. Just curious if that would fit into your ideal of this RP.

There is still a spot open for a Imperial on the main team as far as I know. You could also join up as a side character.

Machiavellionia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Machiavellionia » Tue May 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Britcan wrote:
Machiavellionia wrote:This says the OOC is still open, but to what extent is it open? (I.e, what characters do you still want or need?)

There is still a spot open for a Imperial on the main team as far as I know. You could also join up as a side character.

Okay. It's just that I saw an approved app from Time Guards of Shadow which was an Imperial, so I didn't know if there was still room on the party. Still toying over just how my chap would fit in, as well, so any app of mine will be a little while methinks.
London's Burning: 1970s London set RP about a fascist led civil war in the UK. Choose your side, fight for your vision of Britain.
Machiavellionia wrote:Interesting fact: Britain has only ever had two communist MPs (as in, members of the Communist party, rather than just, say, Labour members with communist tendencies) and they were both thrown out of Parliament in around 1962. For fighting. With each other.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Machiavellionia wrote:
Britcan wrote:There is still a spot open for a Imperial on the main team as far as I know. You could also join up as a side character.

Okay. It's just that I saw an approved app from Time Guards of Shadow which was an Imperial, so I didn't know if there was still room on the party. Still toying over just how my chap would fit in, as well, so any app of mine will be a little while methinks.

Wow... I'm sorry mate I didn't see his app. I was going of the list on the OP. I may have been wrong then.

Machiavellionia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Machiavellionia » Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Britcan wrote:
Machiavellionia wrote:

Wow... I'm sorry mate I didn't see his app. I was going of the list on the OP. I may have been wrong then.

I'M SO CONFLICTED!
I'll wait on the OP's word for it. It may be that he just overlooked it while keeping his first post with the character list up-to-date. But no worries

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Name: M'Aiq
Race: Khajiit
Appearance (Preferably Text): A Khajit of medium build, with several scars across his face and arms due to old combat wounds in the Imperial Legion. When not in armour, he wears a simple robe. He walks with a slight limp, due to his injury, but can easily match anyone elses speed when in danger.
Profession: Ex-Imperial soldier, has served as a caravan guard in Skyrim for 5 years.
Classification: Archer
Weapons+Armour: A dwarven bow, gained when assisting the excavations of Nchuand-Ze. He also has a dwarven dagger, gained at the same time. Armour-wise, he is dressed in full Scaled armour.
Skills (Three maximum, And remember to be realistic. You can't be skilled at Sneaking, Wearing Heavier armour and casting Destruction spells): Archery/Marksman, Light Armour and Sneaking.
Personality: A withdrawn, quiet character, but more than willing to put his life on the edge for those he considers his friends.
History (Any significant events and a base history): After leaving Elsewyr, he joined the Imperial Legion in the dying days of the Great War as he saw his own kind as vassals to the Thalmor, which he despised as his Imperial friend was once killed by a High Elf. Despite being a noted warrior, M'Aiq was injured and was forced to retire. As he was no longer welcome in Elsweyr, M'Aiq took to easy jobs as a guard and protector, until he finally regained his strength. However, by this point the Imperial Legion were no longer taking in new recruits, so M'Aiq found a job among other Khajiit outcasts in Skyrim. Unfortunately, his caravan was attacked by Stormcloaks who seized the goods and tried to kill the Khajiit. M'Aiq held them off, but was soon forced to flee as well. He lost contact with the Khajiit, and decided to join Cyrodiil's Bandits, who offered him safety and security for him.
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.): As previously mentioned, he is an Imperial Legion veteran and so is proficient in Imperial weapons and armour, though not as much as his own. Before joining the Khajiit caravans, he helped the Vigils of Stendarr for a short time so had some experience against Daedra, vampires and werewolves. His time with the Khajiit, caravans, however, was limited to wild animal and bandit raids. he has only been with the Bandits for a few months so he has had little combat experience with them.

Can you explain what the marauders have to do? I'd have been a Mercenary, but since all the jobs were taken I'll have to go for this.
Last edited by Priory Academy USSR on Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Name: Dh'arki "Dh'ark" Carag
Appearance (Preferably Text): Short black fur from head to toe, with white lining grey tinted brown eyes, long claws on hands, short of feet, and curly grey and black ringed tail.
Profession: Locksmith
Classification: Thief
Weapons+Armour: Short Iron Dagger, standard Theif's rags in black.
Skills: Sneaking, Lockpicking, Pickpocket
Personality: Very quiet and reserved, has few friends but strict loyalty to his many contacts across the globe, can be persuasive when peaking, and alternately is a good actor.
History (Any significant events and a base history): Born in Elsweyr to a struggling Locksmith and a poor beggar mother, Dh'arki learned the tricks of the trade as a Thief quickly. He had emerged from great poverty to become a very skilled thief who's biggest feat in his native Elsweyr was breaking out of a Thalmor Prison to escape to Cyrodil where he had joined the reminants of the Thieves guild. Due to his lack of formal training, he had spent of month learning how to become a professional thief before the Guild was attacked by imperial legion soldiers. He knew that he could either stay and fight to his death, or escape to rise as a thief. So he had begun to simply steal valuables from across the provinces until eventually he began accepting contracts. Now possessing a fair enough amount of money, he had joined up with a group of Mercenaries for his next big mission.
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.): Former Thief's Guild member (for 3 months)

RP Sample: (In II due to my F7 RPs being deleted after the week cap for inactivity) [url=Here]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=171408[/url]

Additional information: I'm looking for him to be the theif of the group, trying to follow many of the normal Khajiit sterotypes with my own spin on them. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim multiple times, usually as a Khajiit, in addition to having a through knowledge of the Wiki.

I tried to run an F7 RP a while ago, it went well until RPers went inactive, then eventually the thread was deleted due to the 1 week cap. :( It had some very good writing and I can get references if needed. I've been looking forward to another ES RP.

EDITS: Spelling & Grammar, additional information, bio.
Last edited by Dukopolious on Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Priory Academy USSR wrote:Name: M'Aiq
Appearance (Preferably Text): A Khajit of medium build, with several scars across his face and arms due to old combat wounds in the Imperial Legion. When not in armour, he wears a simple robe. He walks with a slight limp, due to his injury, but can easily match anyone elses speed when in danger.
Profession: Ex-Imperial soldier, has served as a caravan guard in Skyrim for 5 years.
Classification: Archer
Weapons+Armour: A dwarven bow, gained when assisting the excavations of Nchuand-Ze. He also has a dwarven dagger, gained at the same time. Armour-wise, he is dressed in full Scaled armour.
Skills (Three maximum, And remember to be realistic. You can't be skilled at Sneaking, Wearing Heavier armour and casting Destruction spells): Archery/Marksman, Light Armour and Sneaking.
Personality: A withdrawn, quiet character, but more than willing to put his life on the edge for those he considers his friends.
History (Any significant events and a base history): After leaving Elsewyr, he joined the Imperial Legion in the dying days of the Great War as he saw his own kind as vassals to the Thalmor, which he despised as his Imperial friend was once killed by a High Elf. Despite being a noted warrior, M'Aiq was injured and was forced to retire. As he was no longer welcome in Elsweyr, M'Aiq took to easy jobs as a guard and protector, until he finally regained his strength. However, by this point the Imperial Legion were no longer taking in new recruits, so M'Aiq found a job among other Khajiit outcasts in Skyrim. Unfortunately, his caravan was attacked by Stormcloaks who seized the goods and tried to kill the Khajiit. M'Aiq held them off, but was soon forced to flee as well. He lost contact with the Khajiit, and decided to join Cyrodiil's Marauders, who offered him safety and security for him.
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.): As previously mentioned, he is an Imperial Legion veteran and so is proficient in Imperial weapons and armour, though not as much as his own. Before joining the Khajiit caravans, he helped the Vigils of Stendarr for a short time so had some experience against Daedra, vampires and werewolves. His time with the Khajiit, caravans, however, was limited to wild animal and bandit raids. he has only been with the Marauders for a few months so he has had little combat experience with them.

Can you explain what the marauders have to do? I'd have been a Mercenary, but since all the jobs were taken I'll have to go for this.

Marauders are the same as bandits with heavy armor.

And M'Aiq? C'mon now :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Waney, we got side characters! Sorry for not putting Time guards app on, I forgot, doing it now. On almost every road through the RP, Marauders+Bandits will feature, so it's good to have some. Mythic Dawn will only spring up when the first book is recovered.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Dukopolious wrote:Name: Dh'arki "Dh'ark" Carag
Appearance (Preferably Text): Short black fur from head to toe, with white lining grey tinted brown eyes, long claws on hands, short of feet, and curly grey and black ringed tail.
Profession: Locksmith
Classification: Thief
Weapons+Armour: Short Iron Dagger, standard Theif's rags in black.
Skills: Sneaking, Lockpicking, Pickpocket
Personality: Very quiet and reserved, has few friends but strict loyalty to his many contacts across the globe, can be persuasive when peaking, and alternately is a good actor.
History (Any significant events and a base history): Born in Elsweyr to a struggling Locksmith and a poor beggar mother, Dh'arki learned the tricks of the trade as a Thief quickly. He had emerged from great poverty to become a very skilled thief who's biggest feat in his native Elsweyr was breaking out of a Thalmor Prison to escape to Cyrodil where he had joined the reminants of the Thieves guild. Due to his lack of formal training, he had spent of month learning how to become a professional thief before the Guild was attacked by imperial legion soldiers. He knew that he could either stay and fight to his death, or escape to rise as a thief. So he had begun to simply steal valuables from across the provinces until eventually he began accepting contracts. Now possessing a fair enough amount of money, he had joined up with a group of Mercenaries for his next big mission.
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.): Former Thief's Guild member (for 3 months)

RP Sample: (In II due to my F7 RPs being deleted after the week cap for inactivity) [url=Here]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=171408[/url]

Additional information: I'm looking for him to be the theif of the group, trying to follow many of the normal Khajiit sterotypes with my own spin on them. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim multiple times, usually as a Khajiit, in addition to having a through knowledge of the Wiki.

I tried to run an F7 RP a while ago, it went well until RPers went inactive, then eventually the thread was deleted due to the 1 week cap. :( It had some very good writing and I can get references if needed. I've been looking forward to another ES RP.

EDITS: Spelling & Grammar, additional information, bio.

Looks good, however, I'm terribly sorry but a Khajiit app got in last page that I approved and rather stupidly forgot to add to the Merc list. You'll have to forgive me for this, and it'd be great to have you in the RP, unfortunately not as a mercenary. You can still fill quite a major role if you persevere, however.

The aim of the Marauders would be, pretty much, to kill anyone crossing through their land and beyond. Like Lanearc said, Bandits but with more combat experience.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Some of the people who have places haven't even posted yet. Maybe if they don't post soon they could be replaced by other people who are eager to join?

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes, indeed. If all mercs haven't posted by 10pm GMT tommorow evening, I may consider removing them from their post and replacing them with the more eager.

Just a heads up, I'm going to Scotland this Saturday, and won't be back till the following Friday. Unless I find WiFi, I won't be able to post, so I'll choose 2 or 3 co-ops to keep the RP in shape. I will most likely get wifi at the Dun Allistair in the town I'll be in, so I may be on momentarily at the odd moment.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Ricot: The Dark Elf isn't there yet.

Should we retcon Knoxidus's post due to the various problems with it?

Gideus
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gideus » Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I'll be posting later tonight, am on phone now so I won't do anything big post wise. Thanks for the accept!
Political Compass(12/18/12)
Economic Left: 5.75
Social Libertarian: 6.87
This represents my nation, Gideus, as well as me.

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Everything you said is perfect.

Those who ignore history's lessons in the ultimate folly of war are forced to do more than relive them ... they may be forced to die by them. - Dan Simmons, The Fall of Hyperion

My opinion on feminism, MRA movements, and other similar movements.
I DO NOT use NS statistics, unless specifically requested to do so for individual RPs. Rest assured I will not godmod, I will use logic.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Tue May 29, 2012 3:14 pm

So I can join if I change my app from thief to Marauder?
Mallorea and Riva should resign

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Britcan wrote:Ricot: The Dark Elf isn't there yet.

It's fine for now, cause no-one is really impressed or bothered. He's pretty much just wasting the swords charge.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Tue May 29, 2012 3:17 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:
Britcan wrote:Ricot: The Dark Elf isn't there yet.

It's fine for now, cause no-one is really impressed or bothered. He's pretty much just wasting the swords charge.

Fair enough.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Dukopolious wrote:So I can join if I change my app from thief to Marauder?

Well, if you want, but someone might go inactive and you could fulfil their spot. Completely your choice.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse