NATION

PASSWORD

4E 193: A Elder Scrolls RP (OOC; Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

4E 193: A Elder Scrolls RP (OOC; Open)

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 am

The year is 4E 193; twenty-three years since the beginning of the Great War, And One hundred and ninety three years since Martin Septim sacrificed himself and end the Oblivion crisis. It seems the whole of Tamriel has settled into an uneasy peace with the Empire only controlling the provinces of Cyrodiil, Skyrim and High Rock with the borders being threatened by the Aldmeri Dominion in the south, Hammerfell to the west and the Argonian states of Black Marsh and Morrowind to the east after the eruption of Red Mountain which consequently destroyed Vvardenfell. However, This story does not concern the bloody battles in far away lands; In concerns the rich Imperial Pliton Magius, Who is sitting in his study from his house in Skingrad, Writing an advertisment to collect mercanaries for a rather certain task involving a particular series of books: The Mythic Dawn Commentaries. No-one knows where these mysterious books are, But Magius is paying an extreme price for whoever can find them. The Mercanaries are asked to meet at Twelve Noon at Luther Broads boarding house in The Imperial City before they set out over the whole of Tamriel to find the treasured books.

(Ok, Here's how applications go. The group of Mercanaries will be closed at 10 people, And there can only be one of each race in the party. If you didn't get to be the race you wished to be, Tough. I will still be accepting applications for other roles as opposed to the mercanaries, E.g. Bandits, Marauders, Counts, And anyone who may be involved. Applications should look like this:)

Name:
Race:
Profession:
Classification:
Weapons+Armour:
Skills (Three maximum, And remember to be realistic. You can't be skilled at Sneaking, Wearing Heavier armour and casting Destruction spells):
Personality:
History (Any significant events and a base history):
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.):

Here Is my application:

Name: Anaril
Race: Altmer
Appearance (Preferably Text): Tall, Like many High Elves are, Slightly darker complexion than regular with Long Golden hair.
Profession: Before he entered Mercanary Work he was an assistant at Blue Giants Inn in Eagle Brook.
Classification: Spellsword
Skills : Casting Destruction Spells, Using Bladed weapons and Bestowing enchantments upon them.
Personality: Intelligent; Easily annoyed by those less intellectual.
History: He enlisted with the Aldmeri Dominion five years previous before being exiled from the force as he killed Imarum, An Aldmeri Commander, During her sleep. His race was the only thing that stopped him from being executed. From the age of 16 he was already getting the hang of destruction spells, Although he severly burnt his hand after attempting to cast a spell.
Experience: Two years in the Aldmeri Dominion.

(I'd prefer it if we had a large range of Classifications; Not just 9 Warriors or something similar. Here's a race check anyway)

High Elf-Anaril-Spellsword (North Banrodesia)
Dark Elf-Savos Neloren-Mage (Kliner)
Wood Elf-Horatio Nalimir-Acrobat (Ricot)
Orsimer-Karanak Dur'Barag-Man At Arms (Avorez)
Khajiit-Kimor Baklaw-Assasin (Gideus)
Argonian-Okan Re-Scout (Lanearc)
Nord-Knoxus Aurelis-Battlemage (Knoxidus)
Imperial-Scarlet-Thief (Time guards of shadow)
Breton-Matthias Ashcroft-Witchhunter (Britican)
Redguard-Alif al-Samedi-Mercenary (Vahvanti)

OTHER: Bandits, Marauders, Necromancers, etc.

Elic Bergster-Imperial-Roving Blacksmith (Alrania)
Jo'Rak-Khajiit-Bandit (Priory Academy USSR)
Dh'arki Carag-Khajiit-Marauder (Dukopolius)

MYTHIC DAWN

Lucius Brentii-Imperial-Alchemist (Machiavellonia)

(The RP Will start when I get more signups. Thanks!)
The occasional Spelling mistake is fine. Persistant poor grammar will result in a warning and if it continues, You will be asked to leave the RP. One-line posts can happen, But not all the time. 96% of your posts should contain 2+ lines.
Last edited by North Banrodesia on Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun May 20, 2012 9:02 am

Name: Okan-Re
Race: Argonian
Appearance (Preferably Text): As a young Argonian, he has green-streaked scales around his eyes and face, but for the most part his scales are the typical red-orange.
Profession: Formerly a hunter in Black Marsh
Classification: Scout
Skills: Hunting in Black Marsh's swamps has enhanced his tracking skill, he is also a decent shot with the bow, and also due to hunting is decent at sneaking around people
Personality: As his parents always taught him, he is quick to forgive people for their wrongs, but this has before ended bad for him. He also possesses a courageous side when the time requires it, and is generally making jokes as he is a light-hearted guy, despite a painful past.
History: As a hatchling Okan-Re was always exploring when his parents avertd their watchful eye. As his grandfather was an archer for the Imperial Legion, and his father was the one who taught him how to track prey in the difficult to navigate swamps and wetlands of Black Marsh, Okan-RE quickly learned the trade. However, when he was 12, his father was lost in the swamps--either killed by many of the still unknown predators or by some other mysterious force, he did not know--and his mother fell ill. She died shortly after, and the young Argonian boy took it upon himself to make his way to Cyrodiil and to a better life, using the skills he'd gained. He was a woodsman around Chorrol for a few years, but then, once he was bored of the work, he leapt into the mercnary life.
Experience: His father taught him a few techniques Imperial Legion scouts used to track the enemy, and also wildlife.
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 9:06 am

Woops, Forgot to re-edit classification into the Application. You're approved, But If you could just edit a Classification into your app.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 am

There we go, got it.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Ok, thanks.

Once all the Mercanary Spots are filled, I could do with some Marauder Applications, maybe a group that know the Mercanaries goal and plan to kill them and claim the books, in order to spice things up and actually have a person behind the adversaries.

Knoxidus
Civilian

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Sun May 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Name: Knoxos "The End" Aurelius
Race: Nord
Appearance: Highly pale skin as is typical for a Nord, mid-length brown hair with a dark tint, height 6 foot 2, Strong build and stubble for facial hair.
Profession: Bounty hunter
Classification: Battle Mage (I know it's unusual, but my character on Skyrim is actually built like this)
Weapon: Soszahkrii, meaning "blood sword", a weapon enchanted by the mages at the College of Winterhold to possess an unnatural sharpness. This enchantment extends to drawing blood from whoever even touches the edges, thus its name.
Armour: Steel Plate Armour enchanted with magical energies that allow destruction spells to be cast limitlessly: this eliminates the need for a colossal amount of magicka that the master level destruction spells would normally consume.
Skills: Heavy armour, One-Handed (blade) and Destruction magicks.
Personality: With the possession of apparent skill with a blade from an early age and the acquisition of his nickname ("The End"), Knoxos quickly developed the characteristic of arrogance. He is also well-known for his perfectionism, and his refusal to accept anything less. As well as possessing sarcastic wit, he has been known to act light-heartedly in non-important situations.
History: It was the year of 183 of the Fourth Era, in which he happened to stumble across a bizarre poster. The upper case letters read "WANTED", and the rest he ignored for the most part, as he had glanced upon a rather tantalising opportunity: 100 septims. At the age of 16, he surely wasn't capable of hunting a man down and claiming the wealth for accomplishing such a task... but he endeavoured against the odds. An easy kill he took, and witnessing the ease in which he acquired the gold, he continued bounty hunting for four further years. However, at the age of twenty, he became locked in a sword fight, one which he was confident he could win. His opponent, however, sensed his overconfidence, and used it to his advantage; he lunged, a lunge wihich was parried by a narrow degree; the parry had, however, had caused Knoxos to lower his guard, and his opponent struck; one blow to the arm, and one to the knee which knocked him off his feet. In an act of desperation, Knoxos made a quick slash at his opponent's torso, resulting in a fatal wound. Weeks later, Knoxos had recovered from his arm wound, however, it was not without long-term consequences: his shoulder has been permanently scarred, and another wound like that would be, unlike the original, irreparable. But this event had now made Knoxos realise that he required an additional attack strategy, and he turned to the College of Winterhold for his answer. Demonstrating an aptitude for Destruction magicks, he now commanded the elements of frost, shock and fire. Utilising his sword of blood "Soszahkrii" and his new mastery over fire, he destroyed his foes with lightning-fast efficiency, hence earning the title of "The End", being the last thing his enemies would ever see.
Experience: 10 years as a bounty hunter, advanced destruction training at the College of Winterhold.
Last edited by Knoxidus on Mon May 21, 2012 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Approved, but his skills will have to be balanced out due to their nature, so he could be average at using heavy armour, casting destruction spells and so on or exceedingly good at one and poor at the others.

Also, when specifying one-handed, could you also put whether he prefers bladed or blunt weapons?

Knoxidus
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Sun May 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Done. And also, would it be possible to have a signature/trademark weapon category?

Avorez
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorez » Sun May 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Name: Karanak Dur'Barag
Race: Orsimer
Appearance: Karanak is a well-built, muscular young Orc. He has a warriors bit of hair cropped into a pony-tail at the top of his head, wrapped in a red cloth. He has a scar which runs from his brow, across his eye and into his cheek.
Profession: Soldier
Classification: Orc Berserker
Skills: Heavy Armor, Blunt, Tactician
Personality: Karanak is usually taciturn outside of battle, but when in battle Karanak becomes a weapon that brutally crushes all who stand in his way. He uses the ability of his race to fly into blood rages with ease. Karanak is, however, known to engage in revelry whenever he is able, enjoying drink, food, song, and women to his hearts content.
History: Karanak, like many orcs, was born in a Stronghold, there he learned the basics on how to be an orc: fight and prosper. He grew into his role as a protector of the stronghold, but he was bored fighting the lone bandit or the occasional marauder group, he wanted more. He left his stronghold, which was far to the north in the Jallus Mountains, and went to Anvil where he joined the Fighters Guild.

During his tenure with the Fighters Guild, Karanak encountered many threats such as Goblin Tribes, Marauder Warbands, and Bandit Rings, of which all were met with a screaming orc who chopped them to bits with his battleaxe. After four years with the guild, Karanak left at the age of 23 and became a soldier in the army of a rich nobleman. This nobleman, Lord Enriel, was (and still is) a rich man who owned an estate in County Chorrol, known as Battlehorn Castle.

Karanak was Enriel's best soldier and eventually became his honor guard, however this wasn't to last. Karanak fled at the age of 25 when Enriel's son attempted to murder Karanak. SInce then, he has been a freelance sword-for-hire until he found this group and began to travel with them as a mercenary band.

Experience: Warrior of a Stronghold until age 19 (3 Years), Fighters Guild member until age 23 (4 years), Battlehorn Vanguard (1 year), Honour Guard (1 year), Independent Mercenary (2 years).
Bontivate wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Thank God you will never be president of the US.

If he was Pres, the other branches would work together to hang him by his own intestines and force feed him angry scorpions.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Avorez: Approved.

Knox, please specify? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Anyway, hopefully I should be posting the IC tommorow. I'll stop posting for approvals; if your name is edited in, you're approved.

Knoxidus
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 pm

I mean that it would be cool if everybody had their own trademark weapon.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sun May 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Hmm... I see, I'm going to edit a weapon into the app.

Time guards of shadow
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Time guards of shadow » Mon May 21, 2012 4:11 am

tag, if this is still open.
Last edited by Time guards of shadow on Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will join any rp.
Watch this person's videos! Warning! There is a chance for bad words to be seen and heard!

Knoxidus
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxidus » Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 am

There, edited. How can we get more people to join?

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 am

Well, If people could tell their friends or regional members, I'd appreciate it.

Time guards of shadow
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Time guards of shadow » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

okay, I can't make a app right now but I'm planning on being a imperial thief. To let you all know.
I will join any rp.
Watch this person's videos! Warning! There is a chance for bad words to be seen and heard!

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Name:Elic Bergster
Race:Nord
Appearance (Preferably Text):like most nords very basic but is missing an eye from an unkown fight,and is bald with a very shiny head
Profession:Blacksmith
Classification:Warroir
Weapons+Armour:Enchanted Broadsword,Dragon Scale Shield abel to deflect most spells And Full Leather/Steel plate armor covered in runes from mages and scolars that have highered him
Skills: Can fix most none magic weapons in the field,wheres heavy armor,Master at most 1-hand melee weapons and a shield
Personality:Gruff But Nice When known well
History (Any significant events and a base history):He was an explorer thats where he found his sword Snow Madein until he got his eye taken out now he works as a roving blacksmith
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.):He Was is the jharls guard for 3 years but left do to a dissagrement,he then became a sword for higher and never asked for gold only for a magical item so he has a large selection of magical items,One Mission he whent into an ancient tomb and didnt return for 2 days and when he came out he had snow madain his sword that freezes he opponents blood in its veins and one less eye
(excuse and missspellings i havnt slept in like 3 days cause we are moving and i hate it)
Last edited by Alrainia on Mon May 21, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Sorry, but we already have a nord. You're going to have to choose another race.

Time guards of shadow
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Time guards of shadow » Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 am

Name: scarlet
Race: imperial
Appearance (Preferably Text):red hair, thin, and war paint.
Profession:thief
Classification: enchanter
Weapons+Armour:mainly glass things
Skills (Three maximum, And remember to be realistic. You can't be skilled at Sneaking, Wearing Heavier armour and casting Destruction spells): sneaking, archery, and pickpocket.
Personality: quiet, and nice.
History (Any significant events and a base history):He used to be in the dark brother hood, but after he was assigned a job he failed and quit them. He was worried they were going to try to kill him so he hid out in the collage of winterhold. Wile he was there he studied enchanting. When he stopped being paranoid he went to riften. When he was there he joined the thieves guild. He liked being in the thieves guild so much he stayed there even if it gets in more trouble.
Experience (List any Guilds/Cults your character has been in, Or any Military experience.):dark brother hood, and the thieves guild.
I will join any rp.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 7:57 am

Time guards: Approved. Once we get 2 more apps, I'll post an IC.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Tue May 22, 2012 5:04 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Sorry, but we already have a nord. You're going to have to choose another race.

you never said only one of each race and nords is only one iv ever known i know nother of the other races
A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Alrainia wrote:
North Banrodesia wrote:Sorry, but we already have a nord. You're going to have to choose another race.

you never said only one of each race and nords is only one iv ever known i know nother of the other races

Ok, Here's how applications go. The group of Mercanaries will be closed at 10 people, And there can only be one of each race in the party. If you didn't get to be the race you wished to be, Tough. I will still be accepting applications for other roles as opposed to the mercanaries, E.g. Bandits, Marauders, Counts, And anyone who may be involved. Applications should look like this:)

Quoted from the OP. And how can you know of the Elder Scrolls and know only of the Nords?
Last edited by Lancearc on Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 pm

You can be a nord, but you'd have to settle as a bandit or other third party.

Alrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alrainia » Wed May 23, 2012 3:14 pm

never said anything abought knowing anything abought elderscrolls and i guess ill be a human

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Wed May 23, 2012 3:37 pm

If you don't know about TES I strongly recommend you do not apply for a main role. I'm not asking you to leave as you could quite quickly adapt, but If you would be OK with settling as a Third Party for now, it would save a lot of trouble, and you would have a decreased burden.

Also, there is no true 'Human' in TES; there is Man and Mer, Man being, well, Races most resembling your bog-standard Human. You have:

Imperials, a race of Man which I would probably relate to a Human the closest.
Bretons, Skilled with magic and melee, toughened from the conditions of their home province of High Rock.
Redguard, A Dark-skinned race, skilled warriors and renown for the Alik'r, a force from the home province of Hammerfell, known for their curved swords.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse