NATION

PASSWORD

Elder Scrolls: The Great War (OOC/Signup) - Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Lancearc wrote:
North Banrodesia wrote:I think mastery of all types of magic is a bit too excessive. There's probably only 250 mages in Tamriel who are expertise in two or more schools of magic.

..Maybe he's the Avatar.

:rofl:
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Still, jokes aside, Mastering more than one school of magic would probably make your head explode.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Still, jokes aside, Mastering more than one school of magic would probably make your head explode.

Especially mysticism.

Just forget it man, it's too hard.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Mon May 21, 2012 2:29 pm

North Banrodesia wrote:Still, jokes aside, Mastering more than one school of magic would probably make your head explode.

I've changed it.
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Mon May 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Alrighty then. I dont think many people caught the IC with it's discrete location among the approvals, so... viewtopic.php?f=25&t=180969&p=9405504#p9405504

Krumbia
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Krumbia » Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Not too late is it?

NS Name: Krumbia
Character Name: James Toddul
Race: Imperial
Faction(s): Knights of the White Stallion, Imperial
Weapons: Silver Longsword, Steel Dagger
Armour: Leyawiin Cuirass, Guard Helmet, Leyawiin Shield, Chainmail Boots, White Stallion Shield, Chainmail Greaves
Biography: Born whilst his mother was passing through the Inn of Ill Omen, James moved to Leyawiin after an education in the Imperial City. He managed to apply for the Imperial Legion and after a short time as a Legion Soldier, he was posted to the Leyawiin City Watch. During his time on the Watch, he managed to single handedly defeat a bandit camp that the Watch Commander had claimed too difficult to defeat. After finding out about this, the Count offered him a post as Knight Errant and he accepted. He has since helped keep the borders of County Leyawiin safe from bandits, marauders, criminals and more recently, invaders.
RP Example: (if you make a decent biography, you're allowed to use that as your example))
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=149481&hilit=pirates
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116008
Last edited by Krumbia on Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 21, 2012 3:09 pm

NS Name: Frisivisia
Character Name: Crazy Al
Race: Orc
Faction(s): Imperial Legion
Weapons: Orcish Battleaxe, Daedric Dagger (A family heirloom), Ability to do simple armor spells
Armour: Ebony Armor with Imperial Dragon emblazement in gold
Biography: Born in a large stronghold in the Dragontail Mountains as the son of the Stronghold leader. At 12, he was forced to kill his aging father to take control of the stronghold. He did so with his family's ancient daedric dagger. As he came of age, he began to see many flaws in Orcish culture and fled his Stronghold, going to the Imperial City to enlist in the legion, as he hoped that it would offer him structure, a job, and a chance at power. He soon became on of the finest soldiers in heavy armor that the Legion had ever seen. Once he had mastered this craft (as well as forging and using Heavy axes), he started to read the great books of strategy, and, upon reading "The Battle of Sancre Tor", he became intensely interested in Talos. He had worshiped some of the Nine Divines, as well as daedra, in his stronghold, but upon learning of the life of Tiber Septim, he worshiped Talos as fervently as any Nord. After becoming a strategy buff and working hard for a few years, he became an officer, and has gone up and up. Now, with war imminent, he has been promoted from general to Field Marshall, one of only a few who can wield power above all others.
RP Example: Well, I'm an AWRPer from way back as well as doing many other RPs. I am very experienced with this sort of thing and I have bee playing Elder Scrolls for a while, I still play Oblivion as well as Skyrim.
Last edited by Frisivisia on Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Mon May 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Lancearc wrote:

Especially mysticism.

People are still studying mysticism in Tamriel? No wonder the place has been going downhill.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Vahvanti wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Especially mysticism.

People are still studying mysticism in Tamriel? No wonder the place has been going downhill.

Hey, at least the people aren't as racist as in Skyrim.

I'm constantly being told I'll be turned into a rug.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Vahvanti wrote:People are still studying mysticism in Tamriel? No wonder the place has been going downhill.

Hey, at least the people aren't as racist as in Skyrim.

I'm constantly being told I'll be turned into a rug.

That's when I bash their face in.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon May 21, 2012 3:50 pm

NS Name: The Treorai
Character Name: Likus
Faction(s): Imperial Legion (formerly), Blades.
Weapons: Glass Bow, Ebony Dagger(x2).
Armour: Chainmail with the Blade's Crest (see below) imprinted on the side.

Biography:
Likus grew up as an orphan with his sister in the Temple of the Nine in Solitude, Skyrim. He always was keen with a bow. He always would go out to the hills just outside of the city to his home-made target range, just to practice firing his bow. The archery range eventually evolved into a full blown training camp. He set up hay dummies, obstacle courses, made daggers from pieces of wood, and practiced every day.

By age 12 he had nearly mastered the art of Archery. He could shoot flying birds’ dead in the eye. He also wasn't too bad with a dagger. When he was 14 he took up an Apprenticeship with a local Hunter, and learned the ways of the hunt. He finished his apprenticeship when he was about 16. He then took up hunting as a full time job. A few months later, using his silver tongue, he earned enough money to buy himself, and his 8 year old sister a shanty shack south of town.

When he was 18, Likus was arrested for punching a visiting Imperial Nobel who tried to kidnap his sister. He was thrown into the Solitude dungeon, and there he stayed for nearly a year. He heard only three times from his sister. Each in the early months of his imprisonment. The last, she said she was going south to Cyrodiil with a traveling merchant caravan. They said their final goodbyes, and she left. He hasn't seen her since.

When he finally got out or prison, he found his shack ruined. Picked clean, and nearly destroyed. Crushed by having lost everything, he did the only thing he could do. He joined the Imperial Legion for some Gold. He rose quickly, by only one year he was an Agent. He served two more years in the legion, and reached the rank of Knight Errant. He was noticed by the blades. Because of his amazing skills with bows, and daggers, he impressed some of the higer ups in the blades. He was offered to join, and he accepted eagerly.

A year later, the heads of a hundred of his brothers rolled out onto the ground of Imperial City. Having spent a year in service to the Blades he hurried to his summons in Cloud Ruler Temple, and found himself with all of the other Blades who had been stationed in Cyrodiil. Now he awaits his orders from Marshall Antonius, fearing that it may be too late to save the Empire.
RP Example: I haven't been in Many RP's as of late (at least any note worthy ones that I have posted more than once in) so I'm going to ask If I can use the Biography for this one. Although, I have been in many RPs, and I have even created one of two decent ones.
Last edited by The Treorai on Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon May 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Wait a minute...

Leyawiin doesn't have a Chapel of Talos!

BLASPHUMEE.

Avorez
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorez » Mon May 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Leyawiin has a Chapel of Zenithar.
Bontivate wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Thank God you will never be president of the US.

If he was Pres, the other branches would work together to hang him by his own intestines and force feed him angry scorpions.

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Lancearc wrote:Wait a minute...

Leyawiin doesn't have a Chapel of Talos!

BLASPHUMEE.

my mistake. allow me to correct that. Posted when I was still half asleep.
The Reformed Republic of New Endenia
Peace. Order. Progress.
| Factbook | Embassy Exchange | Newswire | Link |

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 am

Krumbia wrote:Not too late is it?

Race: Human
Armour: Leyawiin Cuirass, Guard Helmet, Leyawiin Shield, Chainmail Boots, White Stallion Shield, Chainmail Greaves
Biography: Born whilst his mother was passing through the Inn of Ill Omen, James moved to Leyawiin after an education in the Imperial City. He managed to apply for the Imperial Legion and after a short time as a Legion Soldier, he was posted to the Leyawiin City Watch. During his time on the Watch, he managed to single handedly defeat a bandit camp that the Watch Commander had claimed too difficult to defeat. After finding out about this, the Count offered him a post as Knight Errant and he accepted. He has since helped keep the borders of County Leyawiin safe from bandits, marauders, criminals and more recently, invaders.
RP Example: (if you make a decent biography, you're allowed to use that as your example))

Specify the race...?

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 am

I don't know how close everyone is sticking to lore and all, but if I am correct Leyawiin should be taken by the Thalmor? Even with the empire's reinforcements. Because if one of the lord's armies are already beat at Leyawiin I don't think they stand a chance at even reading the capital.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 am

Yes, The imperial retaliation force is too small to retake the city, but their current goal is getting the count out so the Thalmor can't torture information out of him.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 am

..Imperial, Redguard, Nord, Breton..?.

Crap, someone beat me to it.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Tue May 22, 2012 8:41 am

I thought that I posted the IC in the OP.

The Treorai wrote:NS Name: The Treorai
Character Name: Likus
Faction(s): Imperial Legion (formerly), Blades.
Weapons: Glass Bow, Ebony Dagger(x2).
Armour: Chainmail with the Blade's Crest (see below) imprinted on the side.

Biography:
Likus grew up as an orphan with his sister in the Temple of the Nine in Solitude, Skyrim. He always was keen with a bow. He always would go out to the hills just outside of the city to his home-made target range, just to practice firing his bow. The archery range eventually evolved into a full blown training camp. He set up hay dummies, obstacle courses, made daggers from pieces of wood, and practiced every day.

By age 12 he had nearly mastered the art of Archery. He could shoot flying birds’ dead in the eye. He also wasn't too bad with a dagger. When he was 14 he took up an Apprenticeship with a local Hunter, and learned the ways of the hunt. He finished his apprenticeship when he was about 16. He then took up hunting as a full time job. A few months later, using his silver tongue, he earned enough money to buy himself, and his 8 year old sister a shanty shack south of town.

When he was 18, Likus was arrested for punching a visiting Imperial Nobel who tried to kidnap his sister. He was thrown into the Solitude dungeon, and there he stayed for nearly a year. He heard only three times from his sister. Each in the early months of his imprisonment. The last, she said she was going south to Cyrodiil with a traveling merchant caravan. They said their final goodbyes, and she left. He hasn't seen her since.

When he finally got out or prison, he found his shack ruined. Picked clean, and nearly destroyed. Crushed by having lost everything, he did the only thing he could do. He joined the Imperial Legion for some Gold. He rose quickly, by only five months he was an Agent. The Blades caught wind of him, and considered him for recruitment for his skills with Daggers, and Bows. Seven days after he turned 20, he was offered to join the Blades. Likus agreed, and joined the Blades as a Scout, and Spy.

A year later, the heads of a hundred of his brothers rolled out onto the ground of Imperial City. Having spent a year in service to the Blades he hurried to his summons in Cloud Ruler Temple, and found himself with all of the other Blades who had been stationed in Cyrodiil. Now he awaits his orders from Marshall Antonius, fearing that it may be too late to save the Empire.
RP Example: I haven't been in Many RP's as of late (at least any note worthy ones that I have posted more than once in) so I'm going to ask If I can use the Biography for this one. Although, I have been in many RPs, and I have even created one of two decent ones.

21 seems a bit young. Up the age and service in the Legion a bit. Otherwise, accepted.

Frisivisia wrote:NS Name: Frisivisia
Character Name: Crazy Al
Race: Orc
Faction(s): Imperial Legion
Weapons: Orcish Battleaxe, Daedric Dagger (A family heirloom), Ability to do simple armor spells
Armour: Ebony Armor with Imperial Dragon emblazement in gold
Biography: Born in a large stronghold in the Dragontail Mountains as the son of the Stronghold leader. At 12, he was forced to kill his aging father to take control of the stronghold. He did so with his family's ancient daedric dagger. As he came of age, he began to see many flaws in Orcish culture and fled his Stronghold, going to the Imperial City to enlist in the legion, as he hoped that it would offer him structure, a job, and a chance at power. He soon became on of the finest soldiers in heavy armor that the Legion had ever seen. Once he had mastered this craft (as well as forging and using Heavy axes), he started to read the great books of strategy, and, upon reading "The Battle of Sancre Tor", he became intensely interested in Talos. He had worshiped some of the Nine Divines, as well as daedra, in his stronghold, but upon learning of the life of Tiber Septim, he worshiped Talos as fervently as any Nord. After becoming a strategy buff and working hard for a few years, he became an officer, and has gone up and up. Now, with war imminent, he has been promoted from general to Field Marshall, one of only a few who can wield power above all others.
RP Example: Well, I'm an AWRPer from way back as well as doing many other RPs. I am very experienced with this sort of thing and I have bee playing Elder Scrolls for a while, I still play Oblivion as well as Skyrim.

An high ranking Orc will be interesting, although do you think you can start out as a General, and maybe up the age a bit? Apart from that, accepted.

Accepted. Will you be inside or outside of Leyawiin (the city)? If so, the city has been occupied, so you're going to have to escape. And I think when you come back on you're going to be annoyed at seeing all those posts about 'specifying your race'. If you haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games, then take a look at this and change, see which you like and change it to either Nord, Imperial, Redguard or Breton.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 am

I reckon if you know what the knights of the white stallion are, You know what the elder scrolls is, But you never know.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 am

NB, Mist-Walker is a Legate, not a captain, since I assume that's who you're addressing in the post.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am

Oh, Whoops. Let me go change it.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 am

Just a question, what number do you think is right for the amount of legions? I'd say that 1,000 men per Legion, in my opinion, is an ok number? At the peak of the war I'd expect the Legion to have at least 50,000 men fighting and at the start of the war, at least 20,000 men, meaning that there will be a total of 20 legions; I think that in Cyrodiil there would be 5 legions in active service and 3 in the other provinces, while there will be 6 in reserve during the start of the invasion. Gradually this will increase to fifty legions as the war goes on, for 50,000 men, which will be a reasonable considering the population of Tamriel. Although it says 500 in one of the posts, personally I think for a Legion that's a bit low, so I want to set an amount to avoid confusion.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Tue May 22, 2012 9:50 am

I reckon that at the beginning of the war, There was about 30 Legions, Around about 7 from each province under imperial control.

Vahvanti
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahvanti » Tue May 22, 2012 9:54 am

I'll use the lore-accurate measurement (as seen in Skyrim) and put it down to a whopping zero point zero five legions per battle.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse