NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm

"I'll show you," Kyle said. With that, he turned into a red-tailed hawk, his personal favorite. He flew around the dorm for a few minutes then turned back into human form. He said to Hunter, "I can also turn into a burrowing owl and a squirrel."

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:"I'll show you," Kyle said. With that, he turned into a red-tailed hawk, his personal favorite. He flew around the dorm for a few minutes then turned back into human form. He said to Hunter, "I can also turn into a burrowing owl and a squirrel."

"That. is. awesome," Hunter replied, smiling,"I've always wanted to be an animal." He took a step back, then said,"I can project things, such as," He projected a full 3d image of himself, though from to close it was clearly not solid and looked kind of foggy. From far enough away, though, it looked fine. He crossed his arms and the projection changed to a red-tailed hawk. "I can also create an alternate reality in my mind, and take other people into it."
Times are looking grim these days~

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 pm

"Cool," Kyle said, "any idea when the bell will ring for the next class?" He had always been a poor student, but it wasn't because he didn't have the brain to learn, it was because he was always daydreaming or doodling in his notebook. He was hoping for a fresh start, and he wanted to make a good impression on the teachers.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:"Cool," Kyle said, "any idea when the bell will ring for the next class?" He had always been a poor student, but it wasn't because he didn't have the brain to learn, it was because he was always daydreaming or doodling in his notebook. He was hoping for a fresh start, and he wanted to make a good impression on the teachers.

Hunter sat down on the chair again and the projection vanished,"Not sure, but probably not to soon. The last class just ended. I missed it...I fell asleep. I hope to not miss the next one, whenever that might be. I don't even know what class is next." Hunter was pretty sure this wasn't like just a normal school. As far as he knew, there was more time between the classes, but he wasn't positive. After all, he hadn't gone to any classes yet. Funny, he went to no classes, but he had already gone on a mission. Just thinking about the missions made him yawn. He hadn't done a ton, but it had tired him out.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Terintania wrote:(Jay)
Jay heard Tyler's footsteps beside him and turned his head in his general direction. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just lost in thought," He muttered, trying really hard not to blush because of WHY he was lost in thought. He didn't totally succeed, but it was only a small blush. The fact that someone had actually noticed that he practically ran into a wall wasn't helping his embarrassment at all.

Tyler saw no reason to doubt Jay's explanation, even though it seemed a little odd. He didn't really know just how one could be so lost in thought as to miss a wall right in front of your face. It also looked like he was blushing, though that could just be from the embarrassment of walking into the door. It occurred to him that Jay might be in some kind of trouble. He wouldn't feel right about not at least offering to help if that was the case.

"Oh, okay," he said, "that sounds serious. Is it something you need help with?"

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:(Jay)
Jay heard Tyler's footsteps beside him and turned his head in his general direction. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just lost in thought," He muttered, trying really hard not to blush because of WHY he was lost in thought. He didn't totally succeed, but it was only a small blush. The fact that someone had actually noticed that he practically ran into a wall wasn't helping his embarrassment at all.

Tyler saw no reason to doubt Jay's explanation, even though it seemed a little odd. He didn't really know just how one could be so lost in thought as to miss a wall right in front of your face. It also looked like he was blushing, though that could just be from the embarrassment of walking into the door. It occurred to him that Jay might be in some kind of trouble. He wouldn't feel right about not at least offering to help if that was the case.

"Oh, okay," he said, "that sounds serious. Is it something you need help with?"

For any normal person running into a wall because of being lost in thought certainly would be weird. But when for someone who's blind with echolocation powers that only work when said person is actually, you know, concentrating enough to make clicking sounds, it was easier to run into a wall when lost in thought. Because if not thinking about the echolocation, it's not going to work, and thus, said person isn't going to know where the wall is. That aside, it was still kind of silly.

"It's not serious. Just my mind wandering. I seriously doubt you could help, but thanks anyway," Jay said with a smile. He then seemed to get thoughtful again. "Hey, you've been here longer then me, right? Do you know of any places that would be good for like.....hanging out with someone? You'd think I'd know by now, but I tend to focus on getting where I need to go, not what might be on the side."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 pm

"Okay, Fantasia was a a very creative project which varies from the stream of conciousness that is 'Toccata and Fugue in D Minor' segment to the strikingly dramatic visualization of the 1940's understanding of the formation of Earth and evolution that was 'Rite of Spring' all conducted by the superconductor known as Leopold Stokowski. Many of the methods of how they even made the movie were secret to the public until they were leaked in the 90's. Just to give you an idea of how much they loved this project, many theaters installed 'Fantasound', which we know today as surround sound, so that the sound would have the full impact it deserved," Makoto praised as she forgot Cassie's "harmless" comment. The honest correction mentioned not that "Night on Bald Mountain" existed and the "Rite of Spring" segments were made with plenty of nightmare fuel.

"Since it seems both of you missed lunch, should I get anything for you?" Sakura asked as she leaned on one of the courduroy couches.

"Oh, right. Please get me a club sandwich then," Makoto asked as she walked-off to her room away from Sakura and Cassie.

---

"I do not really think there is anything I can do to prepare. I just have to get this over and done with," Bramwell declared as he followed Michael. Why they wanted to do such an important thing in a gymnasium confused Bramwell, but he continued along anyway. As he waited, he put on his headphones to mentally prepare himself with Globus's work. As he waited for the test, he really hoped he did not disappoint anyone. The assessment he made suggested that it was improbable.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Terintania wrote:
For any normal person running into a wall because of being lost in thought certainly would be weird. But when for someone who's blind with echolocation powers that only work when said person is actually, you know, concentrating enough to make clicking sounds, it was easier to run into a wall when lost in thought. Because if not thinking about the echolocation, it's not going to work, and thus, said person isn't going to know where the wall is. That aside, it was still kind of silly.

"It's not serious. Just my mind wandering. I seriously doubt you could help, but thanks anyway," Jay said with a smile. He then seemed to get thoughtful again. "Hey, you've been here longer then me, right? Do you know of any places that would be good for like.....hanging out with someone? You'd think I'd know by now, but I tend to focus on getting where I need to go, not what might be on the side."

Tyler was glad to hear that Jay didn't need any help, since he generally didn't like when people were in trouble.

The sudden change of topic, and the slight hesitation when asking about the best hangout spots, helped him draw a conclusion; Jay was interested in a girl, and that is why he was distracted, he was thinking of asking her out. At least that was the impression he got from the way he phrased the question. As far as Tyler had seen Jay seemed to spend a lot of time around Sarah, so he assumed that she was who he was interested in. He wasn't sure what to think of that since he had the distinct impression that Sarah was actually interested in him, but it seemed incredibly petty to try to sabotage Jay's efforts simply because of that slightly unfounded suspicion. It was somewhat problematic that he had never 'hung out' with a girl and so didn't have any personal knowledge of the best places to do so, but he had heard enough gossip about it to know what people usually seemed to do.

"Well," he answered slowly, "it depends, really. I guess you could hang out in the common rooms and... listen to music or something. Lots of people like to do that." He managed to stop himself from suggesting that they watch a movie, realizing just how stupid a suggestion that would be just before it escaped his lips. "Or go and take a swim or play some ball in the gym, if you want to do something more physical." He thought for a second before continuing, "and last year there was a thing at Halloween, a party or whatever. I think there'll be one this year as well. Parties are always good," he finished sagely.
Last edited by Mighty Asgard on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Kyle was still bored, so he went to his room and grabbed his notebook. He took a seat in one of the chairs and began to draw in notebook. He had dawn a lot of stuff in it, most of it just abstract lines and made up runes, but it was always better than taking notes about things he didn't care about, mainly history and English. He also had a bunch of math problems written down to keep the skills sharp in his mind. Math was the only subject he paid attention in because it kept him engaged in using his brain, so much so that he was in AP physics by his Sophmore year.

When he heard Hunter say that he didn't even know what class was next, he replied "I guess that makes two of us then."

He then tried to figure out why black holes had so much gravity that light couldn't even escape.
Last edited by Corvus Metallum on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm

With her eyes closed and her body sinking in the water, Rachael felt suddenly very calm and relaxed. This seemed to all be going well, and she was sure she could feel the water pouring into her mouth and lungs. Okay, so it wasn't as painful as she'd expected, and her face felt strrange compared to her body, but it had to be working. If not, she guessed she could just fall asleep here. The water swirling around her just made her feel so tired, like everything did now...
And then a strange sensation came over her, almost like she was floating free of the water and rising up. She guessed this must be how it felt to die. And then she felt something solid on her back. Okay, so maybe this was death, even if it didn't exactly feel like it. And then she felt someone checking her pulse and her eyes snapped open. She struggled to sit up while also trying to slap the pulse-checker at the same time, which was rather hard. "What the fuck did you do that for?!"
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:11 pm

As William entered the elevator he answered "Its just this stupid thing... Anyway what does your family do for a living Garrett"?
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

He could be wrong, Theo thought, but he might of stumbled onto another one of William's taboos. He didn't like talking about his past, or his future. He could respect that in a way, it wasn't like Theo's own closet was free of skeletons. As they entered the elevator again, he felt more relaxed than before. A by-product, perhaps, of becoming more comfortable with his friend. Or maybe it was the jet-lag. On second thought, it was probably the jet lag.

He leaned against the elevator wall, staring intently at his Feiyue sneakers. His eyes picked up when William mentioned his family. "Hmm? Oh... yeah, like, my father works in, uh, mostly Pharmaceuticals. Most of his operations are in L.A.-- he runs his own business y'know." Theo kept up his casual indifference. "Like, so yeah, he wants me to take over the trade. I dunno, though... I think I'd find it hard to keep my soul wearing a suit."
Last edited by Sulamalik on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 pm

As William exited the elevator he said "Your father works in the drug industry and wears a suit. Well I can't say anything so I'm cool with that, I guess".
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm

He shrugged. "He's an asshole, no doubt, but the suit's just an added bonus. I think you'd like it though, there's a sense of morbid order in what he does... the bureaucracy, I mean, of the whole system is like clockwork." He followed William out of the elevator. "Ineffectively isn't really tolerated in his line of work."
Last edited by Sulamalik on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 pm

William said "Not really my line of work". As they neared the pool he heard "What the fuck did you do that for?!" He then asked Garrett "Did you hear that or was that just me"?
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:With her eyes closed and her body sinking in the water, Rachael felt suddenly very calm and relaxed. This seemed to all be going well, and she was sure she could feel the water pouring into her mouth and lungs. Okay, so it wasn't as painful as she'd expected, and her face felt strrange compared to her body, but it had to be working. If not, she guessed she could just fall asleep here. The water swirling around her just made her feel so tired, like everything did now...
And then a strange sensation came over her, almost like she was floating free of the water and rising up. She guessed this must be how it felt to die. And then she felt something solid on her back. Okay, so maybe this was death, even if it didn't exactly feel like it. And then she felt someone checking her pulse and her eyes snapped open. She struggled to sit up while also trying to slap the pulse-checker at the same time, which was rather hard. "What the fuck did you do that for?!"

Wilson blocked her attempts to slap her and said.

"I don't know about you, but when I see person trying to drown themselves. I don't go get a fucking snow cone, I save their ungrateful ass and make them think about what they were going to do!" 'Why? Why did this all have to happen on the first fucking day of being on this station. He would probably have to deal with a suicidal maniac.

"Tell me why?" He asked " Tell me why you would want to end your life, Tell me. I won't stop you if it is truly what you want to do, then do, but tell me first." He hoped this would work in buying him some time and it might even dissuade her from offing herself.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

"Shit, Will, go get somebody-- a teacher or whoever, hurry--"

Theo spirited past William, rushing to the scene unfolding at the pool. He didn't quite know what was going on, but hell if he was just going to be a passive bystander. "Look..." He said, walking up to them. "...I mean, what's going on here?" Even as the words past through his mouth, he knew how stupid he must sound and look. A girl on the ground, trying to fight off the creep on her, Theo could put two in two together. The real question was: Why weren't lifeguards here? It was incredulous to him, how stupid was this school.

He went to grab the boy on top of girl by the shoulder. "Get off of her man, get off."
Last edited by Sulamalik on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:53 pm

William calmy followed Garrett to the pool and saw Garrett reaching to get a boy off a girl. Will just stood there and watched it all unfold.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Rachael scowled at him and clawed the dripping wet hair from her face. "You're in the hero dorms, aren't you? You seem to share their tendencies, namely the tendency to assume needs your help and the tendency to act oh-so morally superior." Shakily, she stood up and leaned on the wall, her arms crossed over her stomach so nobody could see how large she thought it was. "Why am I trying to kill myself? Because I'm tired of fucking morons like you. I'm just fucking tired of being so pathetic."
Her fingers curled around the soggy photo, and she tried her best to imagine how Ruby would respond to her failure. It wasn't hard to imagine. "God, Rae. That's... My god, I don't even have words to describe how hilarious it is that you can't even die properly. Good job, Rae, you're a comedy genius. "
Rachael frowned at the thought and looked back at her saviour. "That enough?"
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Theo let his grip drop from the boy, offering an apologetic expression for the misgiving. When he looked back, he saw William, standing at the spot, looking amazingly unaffected by then situation. Thanks Will, you really know how to have a guy's back, y'know that? I mean really, he thought.

He shook his head, then turned back to the girl. A guidance consular he was not, and diffusing prospective suicides was a field that required a more delicate touch than he possessed. So for a few seconds he stood there dumbly, mouth agape, as if expecting for the situation to resolve itself.

He looked back at William then back at the girl, still drawing a blank. Eventually: "Uh, don't... kill yourself?"
Last edited by Sulamalik on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Most of what Makoto was saying to Cassie made little to no sense to her, but she listened anyway, not wanting to seem rude or anything. "I hear Disney was a lot better back in the old days. They actually cared to make quality films, which they seem to tend to lack more with all the garbage they throw out on things like the Disney Channel and other movies" She said, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Not that I know much about any of these, seeing as I rarely ever watch movies, shows, or anything like that for that matter. And most anything I have watched I barely remember....." She said, trailing off at the end with a sigh, and noticeably frowning at something in her thoughts. She shook her head, seeming to be trying to clear her head.

Cassie shook her head at Sakura's question. "I'm not really hungry....but thanks" She said. She hadn't eaten breakfast, either, so her not being hungry was probably a little weird. Which was probably because she wasn't hungry due to a loss of appetite from feeling mentally and emotionally like crap today, but she didn't say the fact she had a loss of appetite or how she was really feeling to any of them. She just plopped down on the couch, and said nothing more.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:29 pm

William then said "So...Do I burn him away or what"? He was pretty much unaffected by this situation.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Eventually Kyle grew tired of trying to figure out the mystery behind black holes. He got up, grabbed his bag and decided to try and find out where the hell everything was in the giant school. He grew frustrated and went back to the vigilante dorm.
Last edited by Corvus Metallum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Wilson sighed, he decided that it was this girls choice he wouldn't stop her, but he wouldn't make it easy either. He began to focus on vibrating his right hand with his telekinesis. It was the one fancy trick he did have and he thought it would be appropriate for the situation.

"Well if thats what you want, then I won't stop you. But I won't make it easy either." His hand was vibrating at a high enough frequency to use now. He quickly put his hand on her neck and sent all the low energy shockwaves through her body, they weren't strong enough to damage anything, but they would mess around with the fluid in the inner ear. She wouldn't have the balance to stand up for about 3 minutes. He stood up.

"Oh yeah by the way you won't have the balance to stand up for about 3 minutes, if you really wanna do it you can crawl back to the pool, but it will be hard. So do whatever, If you kill yourself then props to you, if ya don't then good job for seeing reason." He began to walk over to his towel and his sandals.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Rachael raised her eyebrow at the first boy. "Yeah. You've really convinced me, you know. I can finally see all the brilliant things in the world and why it's totally a great idea to stay alive. Thank you for awakening me and opening my eyes to this absolutely beautiful world." She rolled her eyes and turned to the boy who'd pulled her out. He said his opinion like he thought she cared, and she was about to snort dismissively and walk out when he touched her.
Normally he would have been punched in the face for even doing such a thing, but the world was beginning to swirl around her. She dropped to the floor, attempting to keep her vision fixed, but whatever he had done plus her dizziness took that ability away. Rachael tried to catch the eye of the more gormless boy and give him a nonthreatening smile. "Uhm, could you help me..." She closed her eyes to block out the spinning world. "...get back to my dorm, I don't think I can walk..."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse