NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Magic Hobo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Hobo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

James becomes bored, getting the general idea of teaching at the school down pat. Or at least enough to get by. He thinks of all of his high school days as though they were yesterday. He was a burnout in high school, always skipping class to find a safe place to smoke marijuana, trying to divine ancient knowledge through deep meditation and whatnot.

After his final year in college, he gave up on smoking for his girlfriend. Now seemed like a decent time to do it, though he needed to find somewhere private to get his stone on. His room would be a good place, nobody was there, and he had a good hour before classes started. James walks over to the door, opens it, and walks out.

After reaching his room, he rummages through his brief case, and pops open his secret compartment. Inside of it are a lighter, a large bag of weed, and a small pipe. He prepares the pipe, and lights up, taking a deep toke. He holds it in for a while, and blows out slowly, letting smoke drift from his mouth. He puts his feet on his desk, and looks at the pipe. It is invisible due to being in such close proximity to his body, but the smoke is not. He leans back, and waits.

(I figured this RP needed a bad teacher/ stoner for some fun. Legalize, or Pop Tarts!)
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Camicon wrote:
Kintain wrote:
"Let's see, what was that quote? Yes, I believe it went something like, 'your god guarantees my insanity, but may I ask? Who guarantees your god's sanity?'" A cruel smile danced upon Jack's face, "Don't you think it's even a bit insane to believe that something that has had no reason and no place for existence, up until man appeared, is real?" Jack rested his head on one arm propped up onto his desk, "Or are ethics, morals, and religion just... 'political'?"

I tried to stay out of the discussion, but as seemed to be happening more and more frequently, I lost my patience with the immoral lunatics that this headmaster stocked this place with.

"You're an idiot. Ethics, morals, religion, politics... they aren't human constructs. They aren't wild imaginings used to restrain and constrain. Can you hold a ball of anger? Can you hand me a brick of envy? Does that make those any less real? These things aren't human concepts, they exist independent of us. We simply observe them, and use words to define them."

"And, regardless of whether or not you think ethics and morals exist, other people do. In fact, the vast majority of people do, because the vast majority of people don't share your sociopathic tendencies. Understanding social conduct is vital if you want to live in society, and in today's world, there are very few places you can go to escape it. And proper social conduct is defined almost entirely by what the majority agrees is moral and ethical behaviour."

"If you dismiss morals and ethics, and try living without them, you'll quickly find that society does not appreciate you, nor care to capitulate to your demands. Their response is usually swift, and most often violent. You find yourself dead, or spend the rest of you life behind bars. What's truly unfortunate is people like you, that colour the public perception of people with our sorts of abilities so darkly, that our simple existence is viewed as immoral and dangerous."

Jack smiled, "Ah, but you see, technology has shown emotions to have quite the physical and chemical presence up in here," he tapped the side of his head, "as for the rest, well, it reminds me of something I read once, a little boy screams to the night sky, 'I am significant!' He then pauses and mutters, 'screamed the dust mite.' We are insignificant insects in an uncaring universe which we desperately - and futilely - try to make empathetic if not sympathetic. All these things are just man trying to feed his own ego, telling himself that 'I am in control, I am significant and important' and continually blinding himself with these lie through life. Truth of the matter is, Nature is naturally violent, naturally harsh, naturally cruel. Humans with their attempts to separate themselves from animals also separate themselves from Nature making themselves the abnormality in what was a perfectly fine system to begin with. We are no better, no greater than animals. We are, in fact, animals. We just tend to blind ourselves to this fact," Jack leaned forward towards this girl, "but I suppose we'll get nowhere with this, it's what happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force. It's a pity that the object is a product of a raising and is incapable of breaking away from everything to have a truly unbiased, uncontrolled, unaltered view on everything."

Jack leaned back in his chair at this point, "and if you haven't figured it out by this point, I'm a nihilist through and through. And arguing that x is moral or ethical and y is immoral and inethical, is kind of moot in an argument regarding the validity of ethics and morality. It's like a preacher arguing that God exists and is sane because the bible says so."
Last edited by Kintain on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 am

Michael
Michael let the students debate some more amongst themselves, noting everything that was said. It wasn't a particularly noteworthy discussion from what he'd heard in earlier classes. Other than the few maladjusted students everyone seemed to agree that ethics was important, and the maladjusted ones argued that it was useless because they thought themselves better than everyone else.

"Let's pause there," he said, "you have come very close to the point of this debate already, so I'll just jump in here and explain why ethics is important." He looked at Jack, "even if you don't think it matters to you." He pulled out his PDA and pressed a button on it, causing a white screen to come down in front of the whiteboard and a projector to turn on. "Ethics will keep you alive," he said simply, "if you do something that clashes greatly with the general view of ethics then people will want you dead. Eventually someone will want you dead who is powerful enough to make it so, and then you won't be alive for much longer. Observe," he pushed a button on his PDA and an image was projected onto the screen. The image showed several bar graphs. "We've been keeping track of everyone who has graduated from this Academy," he explained, "this graph shows the mortality rate among the graduates grouped by dorm. Notice anything odd about it?"

Of the three bars two were rather short, and the last was nearly three times as tall as either of the others. The tallest one was labeled 'Villains'.

"The mortality rate for villains is abnormally high, because they often commit acts that are so out of line with the accepted view of ethics that people want them dead. And once people want them dead it's only a matter of time before they do die." He looked at Jack again, "what makes ethics and morals valid isn't some divine decree, it is the public view, the rule of the majority. That is today's lesson, ethics is important because most people think it is and you will need to understand how to maneuver within this system of morality in order to avoid straying into territory that will get you killed. We'll be discussing that next week."

He looked at the clock and saw that there were only a couple of minutes left of the class. "I think that will have to do for today," he said, "before next class everyone will read chapter four of the textbook. Class dismissed."

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Jack quickly left class if only to catch that wraith girl before she darted off. He didn't like her, but he had a feeling that she too wanted off this metal bulk as badly as he did and that perhaps she too only stayed in order to hone her abilities. They needed to talk. Put aside differences and make a plan to get the hell off after they got what they wanted.
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm

After running, Makoto stopped when people filed out of the room. Her hair was neat and clean. She wore a black blazer, black dress pants, black tie, black blüchers, and a white dress shirt. Her eyes were covered by GI glasses. Makoto was dressed to maintain some amount of professional formality, albeit, a somewhat embarrassing one due to the glasses. A splint extended from her left sleeve which curled her fingers, leaving only the tips exposed. With a binder at hand, she walked into the classroom and up to Cassie and Sakura. She pulled a paper out of the bag. The font of the paper was size 12 Times New Roman and formatted well. Beyond the superficial trappings of the paper was a message on it. Makoto looked away while she whistled "Kaddish", her eyes focused on Cassie's reaction whenever she did not look at Makoto. Sakura was surprised that Makoto would be ready to talk to Cassie so soon after the fact.

"With great caution, I apologize for the thankfully mitigated disaster I wrought upon you. I may explain my being insane at the time, but that is not what an apology is for. In the meantime. I can offer you my penance for the incident and my best effort to avoid conversation with you since I would understand why you would not want to be around me. It would be nice if this incident was not referenced again to avoid people defining me in a manner that would result in social ostracization for something which quite possibly will never happen again, but that would be asking something from a person I battered. I also hope this does not color your expectations of anybody who does not answer to 'Parker Makoto Miyamoto'. If there is any compensation I may be able to give you, just ask and you shall receive that which you want. I am bound to accept whatever terms you may have and shall hope you accept an apology for my unjustifiable actions. If you choose to let this episode be forgotten, please give this back to Makoto so that he may dispose of it properly."

---

"So, 'Splinter Cell' finally will pay dividends. I guess I just need to know when this is set to begin. Should I do Edmund Ho proud and dress as a kabuki stage hand, I am sorry for that, ''ninja'. Then again, I would be a 'mall ninja'. I hardly see how wearing black would be better than wearing a more universal camouflage, but you seem to have a better understanding of this matter than I have. How much force should I use if I have to defend myself?" Bramwell pondered as he continued to pace. It was not clear whether Bramwell was sarcastic or not in the statement of pay-off, as he could not understand whether Antonio's mind would reward such thought. He really could not stand how hard it was to pace in that office. Its chairs only got in the way of his necessary pattern.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Thomas and Rena both stayed in the classroom, staring at each other in utter silence. Thomas's storm gray eyes piercing into Rena's stark blue ones, literally sparking with lightning. The silence was deafening as they were formulating what to say. As people left, Thomas spoke up,
"I missed you, why did you leave?" As if those two years had never happened, as if she was still his sister.
"You know damn well why I left, you could have done such great things, but you turned to your fantasies as a lawman." She said icily as she got up to leave class, heading to the hero commons. Thomas followed.
"I did do great things sis, just not what you wanted." He said, "But I don't care about that, difference in opinion is a condition very hard to change. Why did you leave!"
"Because I knew you'd never share your armor, and youd always keep your toys." She said, resent laced into her voice.
"So you stole it!? I couldve hunted you down, and thrown you in the slammer for what you did. You're my sister, and the last family I have left. We could've worked together, but you left. I don't know what you plan to do here, but could we work together?"
"I don't know brother, but we will find out."

They arrived at the vigilante dorm at the request of Thomas, and they sat next to each other on a couch, watching Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Garrett

Theo pulled his headphones off, letting the quiet hum of the engine be his company as the shuttle slide into the docking area. He had fallen asleep somewhere around the upper stratosphere, but even still he didn't feel any less beat down. He rubbed his red eyes, and yawned, trying his best to rouse himself from his stupor. He sighed, his legs tapping to an imaginary beat, as far back as he could remember he was plagued with this special kind of fatigue, one that clung to him like a stubborn mould, unwilling to bend or recede. When his powers came up, it only exacerbated his condition. Seeing the world like a Gaspar Noe film did little to eased his sense of uneasiness for the mundane.

A beep sounded off, and the automated doors of the shuttle slid apart. He picked up his bags and began walking down the hallway. It was strange, but it only then when he began to question if he had adequately prepared for his stay. He always preferred to pack light when he went to boarding school, but this Academy was in space, presenting a few unique problems in itself. He hoped he didn't make a mistake, coming legitimately unprepared was a set back in his plan for being seen as someone who was casually unprepared.

"So..." He said to an empty hallway. "Where to now?"
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 pm

William left the ethics class thinking it was one of the most boring things ever. However he had learned a lot about the other students. He started to form a little idea that involved the girl with blue eyes and the boy who thought ethics were useless. He smiled and thought "All will fall in place". He headed to the villain's dorm and unpacked his stuff before settling down to read a book called the Art of War.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Garrett

With a little trouble, and much consulting of his school map, Theo had managed to navigate himself towards the dorms. Specifically, the Villain dorms. It seemed strange to him, even a bit laughable, that a school would intentional segregate their student population by "good guys", and "bad guys". It was if the admin had just written off some powers as fundamentally bad, or at least, they didn't seem to want to make the effort to chance that behaviour. Though again, Theo wasn't exactly afforded a choice of residency. His dear old dad had shipped him off here, filled out his semester with bullshit courses, and wrote him down as a "baddie". All to carry on his family legacy of murder, extortion, and racketeering. Classy.

As it seemed, there was already another person in the dorms when he entered. An older student, perhaps? At least, whoever was there probably had a better idea of what the hell was going on than him. So he resisted the urge to be socially recluse and strike forward into the unknown.

"Hey..." He said, knocking on William's door, "I, uh, I'm like new here. Hello? Anybody here?"
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 pm

William was thinking about something when he had heard knocking on his door. William put down the Art of War and opened the door and said "Hey. Nice to meet you. My name's William. So do you need any help or something"?
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Theo nodded, "Uh, yeah... William, nice to meet you. My name's Garrett, like, I just got here, I mean..." He looked down the hall, it was still vacant. "I was wonderin' if-- you're not busy-- you'd show me around? Like..." He shrugged. "... was there a complimentary fruit basket I was suppose to get or something?"

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

William answered "Sure I'll show you around. And no you weren't supposed to get anything". With that he walked to the elevator and asked Garrett "Hey so what's your power"?
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Theo left his excess baggage by William's door, keeping only his backpack, and followed him to the elevator. "My powers? There kind of hard to... explain... that is..."

He unslung his drap olive backpack and held it in front of William. "Don't take your eyes off it" He whispered. At once Theo's bag flashed a bright neon pink, then blue, yellow, faster and faster till they flashed in a blinding epileptic flash. After a second, the bag settled back to its original colour, but began to sag as if it was being deflated. It began to reform into a pitch black sludge, seeping through Theo's hands and onto the floor, the ooze bubbling on the floor.

"Only... what I'm doing right now... this isn't real." And with that the bag was back around his shoulders, looking normal. He leaned against the wall and yawned.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 pm

William said "Well it sure looks real. Is it so form of mental or subatomic manipulation"? He himself only had heard about subatomic manipulation.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 pm

"Look at it like this... say, maybe... you have a car with two fuel gauges. They're both studying the same amount of fuel, but one reads empty while the other's full. And you as the driver, you only have an indirect way of interacting with the fuel tank, uh, via the gauges." He swept back his hair. "...But for my case, it's your brain, not your car. Does... that make any sense?

He let an awkward pause pass before continuing. "Like, what I'm tryin' to say... y'know there are two parts of your mind; the Perceptive and Cognitive. Your perceptive part is kinda like your sight, it supplies the raw data which the Cognitive then interprets. Only, I can send another signal into your head-- it being faulty information that your cognitive mind, uh, reads as being reality."
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 pm

William said "Nice all I can do this burn stuff to ashes". He was kinda disappointed about it not being subatomic manipulation, however he was careful not to show it at all. William then said "So what to check the Cafeteria for something to eat? Or do you want check out the Library, Swimming Pool, or Gymnasium"?
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 pm

"Cafeteria is fine with me. I haven't ate anything solid since leaving Earth."

He entered the elevator. He figured that he might as well get to know his impromptu tour guide better, "So... William, where exactly are you from?
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 pm

William answered saying "I'm from Arizona. Used to live in Phoenix". He really didn't want to talk about it as it would bring back memories have what happened when the vampires had came. The black lightning that sparked off his hand was a pretty good sign to stop talking about it.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kershya
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kershya » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm

"I'm not entirely sure. But we need to hurry, all this talk might make us run out of time." Gregorio said.

NASA

An astronomer is busy looking at the date feed and notice something strange.

"Hey Mike look at this." He said as Mike come and look at the data. "Looks like something's coming from interstellar space."

"Something large and fast from the void between the stars." Mike joked.

"You and your Lovecraft. Well, if its speed stays constant, it would reach Earth's orbit within a few days."

"Well, it could be that Nibiru nonsense or that Nemesis junk those conspiracy theorists made up."

"Or a first contact."

"I've heard rumors about human looking aliens at that superhero space station."

"No, I don't want those creationists having another 'proof' on their hands. It's already bad when they mangled up evolution."
Full Name:
The United Nine Constitutional Monarchies of Kershya

Economy

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 am

Cassie and Caitlin both listened to the teacher and payed close attention to what he was showing them. When the teacher showed the class the bar graph, it didn't surprise her at all that it showed Villains were the ones with the highest mortality rate. But just the mere fact there were deaths at all in the Hero side made her uncomfortable, because that was just how she was. Yeah, she figured it was while they were doing good deeds for the world, but it still made her uncomfortable, because that would be exactly what she would want to do, if she could manage it. Though, her powers gave her a means of being safe while using them....most of the time anyway.

What surprised her most about the whole thing the teacher said was the fact the class was over. It felt rather quick to her to have the class over already, but she figured these classes operated differently then you typical class at a normal school. But, in a way, she was relieved, because it ended the discussions that always just ended up going into an endless loop of people bickering back and forth. She also found it amusing that the one student who had been a big part of the discussion said absolutely nothing in response to what the teacher finished the class with. Did that mean he was at a loss for words? She almost felt a satisfied grin appear on her face at the idea of that, but quickly disregarded that, to not act like an ass, in her mind.

Right as she was about ready to get up and give a nod to the teacher, then heading out of class to wander some more or something, Makoto came up to her. She felt a slight feeling of irritation at Makoto hit her, but hid it well and ignored it well. She just thought her feeling of irritation was for another reason altogether, and not at Makoto herself. At first, she seemed to be confused at what Makoto was doing, but other then that, she didn't really show any noticeable signs of being angry at Makoto or anything similar to that.

Cassie looked directly at Makoto before speaking, a bit of a smile appearing, though it quickly disappeared to her being on the verge of looking like she was frowning as she spoke, which seemed to be how she looked most of the time. "Don't worry about it, Makoto. I've had worse..." She said, looking at the ground, clearly thinking about a memory that she couldn't help but think of when the subject came up. She shook her head. "No need to avoid talking to me, Makoto. It is okay" She said to her, and then continued. "I want to avoid news spreading about my own problems for similar reasons why you don't want this to spread, so the last thing I would want to do is spread the word about what happened. "I will do my best to avoid ever mentioning it again" She said. The reason she added the "do her best" bit is because she knew someone was bound to ask questions of what happened to her. She'd just tell them that she was attacked by someone, and not say who. The only people she could think of maybe noticing and saying something was Tara, Sarah, and Tyler, some of her closest acquaintances/friends here. Jay would not notice for obvious reasons. She handed the paper back to Makoto, giving her a slight smile, and saying "Don't worry about it. You don't need to owe me anything. Apology is accepted". That was just how Cassie was, extremely forgiving to people, even when they hurt her. She even was forgiving to her father hitting her, up until a point where it just got worse and worse, and she didn't feel so much like it was a punishment for something she did wrong, and more her dad just taking his insanity-filled rage out on his daughter.

Caitlin
Caitlin stood up when the class was dismissed, though she too felt it was a little short. She didn't really mind that much exactly, though. She gave a nod to the teacher, just to be polite, then filed out of the classroom with the rest of the students that were leaving. She noticed how some were currently staying behind, Cassie included. Makoto had come into the class as everyone was leaving, as far as she could tell. She wondered how long it would be before they were shooed out of the class anyway, and chuckled slightly to herself at that thought. As far as she knew, it wasn't the most polite to hang around in class after a class was over, but she didn't know that for a fact. She figured she'd end up finding out later if stories of being shooed out of class went around later, and just headed off to her dorm room, likely passing out shortly after entering the room.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:13 am

Around three minutes after class had ended and everyone had left, Rachael awoke with a jolt and glanced around at the empty room. Noticing the chart on the board, she fixed her eyes on the largest bar and its caption while she pushed her chair back and shoved her glasses back in her pocket. As fast as she could manage, she darted out of the room and leaned against the wall. The chart had shown her exactly what she would have expected it to show had she actually been listening, but it was probably just a ploy to get villains to behave, because if anyone in her dorm was sane they wouldn't let themselves get killed.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 am

Once the class was over, Josh quickly left the classroom, Goltia in tow.
"Sooooo. Where're you going?" she asked. Josh turned and looked at her.
"To the shrink. Bidaily appointments," he said. Goltia hummed in acknowledgement, then stayed silent. Josh sighed, then kept walking.

Arriving at Michael's office, Josh sat in of the chairs outside the door, pulling his book out and flicking to his page. Goltia, meanwhile, flopped onto the chair opposite him and sat there, tapping her foot to some unknown beat.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 am

1885. Cracks of lightning in the skies above. The raindrops feeling unusually heavy as they washed off his mothers blood from his face. A moment he forgot all those long years spent practicing control with his grandfather, and a flash of fury as the man turned to shreds before his eyes. Running away from his home, feared by those who knew him before. 1915, arriving on the front lines of the First World War. No use of powers, lest they be seen by someone else. But eventually he'd been forced to use them. The Government knew of a few others. Kept in secrecy, but still serving in the army, with others of his kind, the battles now becoming entirely one sided. And then the war ended. Next came the bright lights of New York City, a sharp contrast to the dark trenches of the war. And then the Second World War, all ultimately seeming the same. Far later, another war, this one more different, against beings known as vampires. The thrill of killing them.
---------------------------------
Razrel slowly opened his eyes. He'd been dreaming for some time, it seemed, as the shuttle was now docking into the station while the last thing he remembered doing awake was watching the world shrink. But he was here, now, in the arrival station of the Academy for the Empowered, no longer fighting a war against anything, man or monster. The space station was certainly impressive, and to him in particular it was a striking indication of how much the world had changed over time. His thoughts began wandering again as the docking process was completed, to his reason for being here, both his mentor and grandfather wanting him to do this. He looked backed down at the Earth. It had been some time after the war with the vampires had started. His home had been relatively unaffected, but many places he and his unit went to was far worse off. In particular, in one city in the Pacific Islands, there had been scenes of gruesome horror which had been etched into his mind, with blood painting all the houses and streets, and desecrated corpses lying around. It was probably around there that he had begun to enjoy the war, killing the vampires.

A soft beeping sound indicated that the docking process was completed. Razrel looked around to see who else was on board. As far as he could tell, they were all security personnel and members of the labor staff. The doors smoothly slid open with a slight hiss, and Razrel stepped out of the shuttle onto the station which housed the Academy for the Empowered.
Last edited by Eaglleia on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 am

Theo shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another. The war had affected nearly everyone, except for him. Where others struggled and died, he got wasted in boarding school. It was a charming thought to look back on. "Uh, yeah, it was tough for everyone, everywhere, I know..." He let himself trail off awkwardly. "So... I'm from Anaheim, yeah. It was okay there, I mean I can't complain too much..."

He let the rest of the elevator ride pass in silence.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 am

Orinon wrote:
Once the class was over, Josh quickly left the classroom, Goltia in tow.
"Sooooo. Where're you going?" she asked. Josh turned and looked at her.
"To the shrink. Bidaily appointments," he said. Goltia hummed in acknowledgement, then stayed silent. Josh sighed, then kept walking.

Arriving at Michael's office, Josh sat in of the chairs outside the door, pulling his book out and flicking to his page. Goltia, meanwhile, flopped onto the chair opposite him and sat there, tapping her foot to some unknown beat.

Michael arrived at his office a short while later. Between being in charge of the mission, teaching classes, and being the only psychologist on the station, his schedule was really hectic. Fortunately the treatments had boosted his durability in all sorts of ways, not just made him bulletproof, so he could make do with only a couple of hours of sleep every night. If not for those extra hours every day he doubted that he'd have enough time for all the things he was in charge of.

"Hello, Josh," he said while unlocking the door, "go ahead and have a seat and we'll get started."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse