NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun May 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
Name: Simon Richardson

Nationality: Canada

Height: 6 feet

Weight: 150 Pounds

Hair: Black

Eyes: green

Abilities : Telekinesis,Pain Inducement

Dorm: Villain

Brief Bio: Simon was born to a relatively poor family. At the age of ten his parents were killed by a mugger. William became very mad at everyone especially the superheroes who had failed to save his parents. When he was eleven years of age he became aware of his powers. He quickly began using them for purposes to establish “order”. However despite the sufferings he has faced he often has idealistic dreams for the future of the world. His dream is that instead of becoming part of the foundation of the world in order to protect the people, he plans to rise above others and protect those below him with his acquired power and authority. Overall his dream is based on seizing power on a world scale for the betterment of a new society no matter what the cost. While learning to control his powers, William has proven himself a natural tactician and manipulator. And he intends to create his World Order...

Denied, try making a less powerful character.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:Denied, try making a less powerful character.

Honestly, I don't really trust people in RP's who have a hard time avoiding being overly powerful. Clearly they will find some way to continue to be overly powerful, even with powers that aren't as obviously godmoddy. Especially since a surprisingly large amount of people don't seem to get the concept that this is a school for people to develop their powers, not automatically be all-powerful from the beginning.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 am

Behold as my characters fuck physics with a jackhammer because they are bored.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 am

Orinon wrote:Behold as my characters fuck physics with a jackhammer because they are bored.

For somebody who cares about breaking science, you seem to be woefully unaware that A: Dissociative Identity Disorder is not listed as a diagnosis in any version of the ICD or DSM (the big books of diagnoses psychiatrists and psychologists of a very specific type keep around) and B: is as accurate as Hollywood Schizophrenia and Hollywood sex and C: could potentially not even exist.

I would have to question why Eriksson would have a book of diagnoses that lists DID, because none of the major books of diagnoses (DSM-IV-TR, DSM-V, ICD-10) list it. Even if she just went for the easiest book to read rather than those clunky books, Dissociative Identity Disorder would be alien to her since it none of the personalities are aware of each other's existence, have no memories of what the other personalities do, and switches not due to power struggles with your other personality, but random times due to factors not known.

Either do not bring it up due to the fact none of the diagnostic books have it or comment that it is only superficially similar to Magni Syndrome and just say it is Bizarre Alien Psychiatry (the later is recommended, as it comes with a lampshade).
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:56 am

If you had read the post correctly, Abigale said that she thought she had DID. At some point, however, she either worked out that Lilith was fucking with her in an attempt to further destabilize Bitch Abigale as the dominate personality, or Lilith straight up went "I'm fucking with you, here, remember all these horrible acts of murder and violence I committed while in control."

Also, creative licence says fuck you, that's why.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon May 20, 2013 7:06 am

Orinon wrote:Also, creative licence says fuck you, that's why.

This, I don't think that most of us could describe the powers of most characters, and even the armor is powered by "lol nuke powr" TM. Basically gave up on most realism except for non-superpower stuff.

Also, viability of antimatter vision?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 7:36 am

Orinon wrote:If you had read the post correctly, Abigale said that she thought she had DID. At some point, however, she either worked out that Lilith was fucking with her in an attempt to further destabilize Bitch Abigale as the dominate personality, or Lilith straight up went "I'm fucking with you, here, remember all these horrible acts of murder and violence I committed while in control."

I misread the post.

The insult was not appreciated.

Pragia wrote:
Orinon wrote:Also, creative licence says fuck you, that's why.

This, I don't think that most of us could describe the powers of most characters, and even the armor is powered by "lol nuke powr" TM. Basically gave up on most realism except for non-superpower stuff.

I have to agree with that except for human characters' psychology.

I do not care how often characters jump broken bridges, act as one-man armies, etc., but psychology is the one area that should never be compromised.

Let me put it this way. If ostensibly normal characters feel "off" due to odd acting, bad writing, a poor understanding of how people would act in such a situation, or other factors, it will warrant a negative reaction because you, on some level, doubt the person is human.

There are, however, a select few which jump the uncanny valley and manage to reach an odd place. This location is the area where people act so nonsensically and so inhumanly that it is ridiculously fun to watch and transcends zombie-ism and transforms into going to the zoo to watch the monkeys. This is where actors like Tommy Wisseau and Christopher Walken go.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:(Image)

Your meme is bad, and you should feel bad.

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Orinon wrote:If you had read the post correctly, Abigale said that she thought she had DID. At some point, however, she either worked out that Lilith was fucking with her in an attempt to further destabilize Bitch Abigale as the dominate personality, or Lilith straight up went "I'm fucking with you, here, remember all these horrible acts of murder and violence I committed while in control."

I misread the post.

It's an expression. "Because fuck you, that's why!". Incredibly common, and not an insult. Just another way of saying "drop it, because nothing you say will change it".
Pragia wrote:This, I don't think that most of us could describe the powers of most characters, and even the armor is powered by "lol nuke powr" TM. Basically gave up on most realism except for non-superpower stuff.

I do not care how often characters jump broken bridges, act as one-man armies, etc., but psychology is the one area that should never be compromised.

Let me put it this way. If ostensibly normal characters feel "off" due to odd acting, bad writing, a poor understanding of how people would act in such a situation, or other factors, it will warrant a negative reaction because you, on some level, doubt the person is human.

There are, however, a select few which jump the uncanny valley and manage to reach an odd place. This location is the area where people act so nonsensically and so inhumanly that it is ridiculously fun to watch and transcends zombie-ism and transforms into going to the zoo to watch the monkeys. This is where actors like Tommy Wisseau and Christopher Walken go.

AP, if we're looking at characters that feel "off" because of the way the writer makes them act, then Bramwell, Makoto, and Sakura, are all at the top of that list. Orinion's are certainly not up there. He's pegged the family dynamics quite squarely.

I work today. I'll get a post up in about 12-ish hours.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 am

I think I've done this before, but what would you say are the songs that fit your characters well? If you find songs that actually relate to your characters, that is.

Cassie:
Fiona Apple-Sullen Girl
Blackfield-Some Day, other then the line "Boy" that needs to be replaced with "girl"

Caitlin:
This
This
This
This
This

Serious responses....

Don't think I have one for Caitlin.
Last edited by Corrian on Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Camicon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:(Image)

Your meme is bad, and you should feel bad.

I misread the post.

It's an expression. "Because fuck you, that's why!". Incredibly common, and not an insult. Just another way of saying "drop it, because nothing you say will change it".

AP, if we're looking at characters that feel "off" because of the way the writer makes them act, then Bramwell, Makoto, and Sakura, are all at the top of that list. Orinion's are certainly not up there. He's pegged the family dynamics quite squarely.

I work today. I'll get a post up in about 12-ish hours.

Firstly, everyone was doin' it.

Secondly, this throws my entire perception of reality into question.

Thirdly, I need a better word than "odd". I need a word which means "in a way that viewers cannot connect it to real people". Everyone knows weird people and jerks, but not people who, I do not know, are completely unaffected by conditioning, are completely immune to group-think, or something else that would be contrary to what we know in psychology. Those three characters all are not contradicting psychology or sociology.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 pm

ENOUGH

I've had it. I am sick, and tired, but I'm over this. I started the first SHH thread to HAVE FUN, not to create fully realized characters and a believable world.

For fuck's sake, this thread is set in a universe where Earth was invaded by fucking VAMPIRES, where there are aliens, they know about Earth, and they are wondering why the fuck Earthlings look and act like them, and where there is a space station that acts as a school for teenagers with fucking superpowers. I think the suspension of disbelief here couldn't be any higher, and accounts for any liberties we take with physics, human nature and reality as a whole.

/end rant

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Orinon wrote:ENOUGH

I've had it. I am sick, and tired, but I'm over this. I started the first SHH thread to HAVE FUN, not to create fully realized characters and a believable world.

For fuck's sake, this thread is set in a universe where Earth was invaded by fucking VAMPIRES, where there are aliens, they know about Earth, and they are wondering why the fuck Earthlings look and act like them, and where there is a space station that acts as a school for teenagers with fucking superpowers. I think the suspension of disbelief here couldn't be any higher, and accounts for any liberties we take with physics, human nature and reality as a whole.

/end rant

Hello, is this how we do a hashtag for yelling in text?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:*snip*

Was that really necessary, AP? There is a time and place. That was neither.

Just lay off a little. Not everyone is going to write the way you do, and you shouldn't expect them to.
Last edited by Camicon on Mon May 20, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Camicon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:*snip*

Was that really necessary, AP? There is a time and place. That was neither.

Just lay off a little. Not everyone is going to write the way you do, and you shouldn't expect them to.

It was meant to alleviate perceived anger with a sarcastic lack of understanding trends in fora in a "Hello, is this thing on, how do you use a 'stethosco, ouch!".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Camicon wrote:Was that really necessary, AP? There is a time and place. That was neither.

It was meant to alleviate perceived anger with a sarcastic lack of understanding trends in for a in a "Hello, is this thing on, how do you use a 'stethosco, ouch!".

How about we get back to the IC?
Last edited by Camicon on Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 pm

I just realized that I am use the word "he" way too much. Do you guys have any alternatives I might be able to use so my post's don't reek of repetivness?
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Retro Frost wrote:I just realized that I am use the word "he" way too much. Do you guys have any alternatives I might be able to use so my post's don't reek of repetivness?

Using the person's name? Referring to the object being affected by the person rather the person affecting the object?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon May 20, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Retro Frost wrote:I just realized that I am use the word "he" way too much. Do you guys have any alternatives I might be able to use so my post's don't reek of repetivness?

You're usage doesn't seem that bad. I've seen some where their posts were something like "He walked inside to see what was happening. He then went over to make sure everything was okay. He let out a sigh of relief to see that nothing bad happened. He picked up something and examined it"

Bad example, but you get the point. I'm not very good at typing out stuff at random with nothing to go off of :)
My Last.FM and RYM

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 am

Hi I hope you like my application :lol:

Name: Luke Ó Cinnéide
Nationality: Australian
Height: 170cm
Weight: 55kg
Hair: Orange (not red)
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any):
Abilities: Ó Cinnéide has the ability of super-strength and, some say, super wit
Dorm: Hero/Mediation (Diplomatic kind of thing where he is a neutral party)
Brief Bio: Luke Ó Cinnéide was born as a normal child before the Vampire invasion. During the early medieval period, up until 1500, his family was one of significant power in Ireland. However between 1100 and 1500, they fought against the English alongside other Irish clans to keep their independence. However, this past of his family has been put aside as insignificant by his family since their move to Australia in the 1850's. What Luke didn't know was that all his family had superpowers, they just hadn't used them since medieval times; they used it when their independence was threatened. Luke only discovered this when martial law was declared during the vampire invasion. He was so outraged that when he punched the concrete walls of his house, it made a huge crack.

((BTW, if you type Ó Cinnéide into google, you'll find what it means in English and what the surname actually is. Some may find it funny))
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue May 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:

Costume (if any):
Abilities: Ó Cinnéide has the ability of super-strength and, some say, super wit
Brief Bio: Luke Ó Cinnéide was born as a normal child before the Vampire invasion. During the early medieval period, up until 1500, his family was one of significant power in Ireland. However between 1100 and 1500, they fought against the English alongside other Irish clans to keep their independence. However, this past of his family has been put aside as insignificant by his family since their move to Australia in the 1850's. What Luke didn't know was that all his family had superpowers, they just hadn't used them since medieval times; they used it when their independence was threatened. Luke only discovered this when martial law was declared during the vampire invasion. He was so outraged that when he punched the concrete walls of his house, it made a huge crack.

((BTW, if you type Ó Cinnéide into google, you'll find what it means in English and what the surname actually is. Some may find it funny))

Accepted.

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Reddogkeno101 wrote:

Costume (if any):

Accepted.

Thank you! :D Now, for my first post. BTW, are the dormitories with more than one person per room, or one person per room? Also, if someone in the Hero Dormitories could welcome my character to the dorm, it would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Reddogkeno101 on Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed May 22, 2013 3:21 am

So, did anyone watch the Xbox One thingy? cause they REALLY dropped the ball on that.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 am

Orinon wrote:So, did anyone watch the Xbox One thingy? cause they REALLY dropped the ball on that.

I watched tidbits of it. Not impressed with the poor game selection they threw out, though I have respect for Remedy so Quantum Dream might be good. But announcing 3 sports games and a new Call of Duty isn't a very good way to grab me. There might be some good exclusives later but meh, I already know like 5 or 6 exclusive companies I respect for Sony so I wasn't that interested in the Xbox One in the first place, and they did nothing at all to make me interested in changing over to Xbox One at all. Not to mention I prefer Sony as a company over Microsoft, anyway, for multiple reasons I don't think I need to get into.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed May 22, 2013 5:30 am

Corrian wrote:
Orinon wrote:So, did anyone watch the Xbox One thingy? cause they REALLY dropped the ball on that.

I watched tidbits of it. Not impressed with the poor game selection they threw out, though I have respect for Remedy so Quantum Dream might be good. But announcing 3 sports games and a new Call of Duty isn't a very good way to grab me. There might be some good exclusives later but meh, I already know like 5 or 6 exclusive companies I respect for Sony so I wasn't that interested in the Xbox One in the first place, and they did nothing at all to make me interested in changing over to Xbox One at all. Not to mention I prefer Sony as a company over Microsoft, anyway, for multiple reasons I don't think I need to get into.

Its a home media centre. Thanks, but no thanks. I would rather have a dedicated gaming console.

Also, Destiny.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 am

Orinon wrote:Also, Destiny.

Bungie isn't exclusive anymore, so I can just get it on the PS4.

I've also noticed that Xbox exclusives are more likely to have a PC port then Playstation exclusives, and since my PC will be my main gaming device eventually, I'll just play the Xbox One exclusives when some of them get a PC port (Like Alan Wake did, the one game that made me jealous of Xbox 360 users).
Last edited by Corrian on Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse